PDA

View Full Version : The new NBA landscape

ManuTastic
07-15-2005, 07:20 AM
All right, so who has gotten better so far this offseason? What teams do the Spurs need to worry about? Detroit obviously, even without roster changes, is still a contender, although their coaching situation could set them back down the curve a bit, but what about the others? Will Miami be better off from playing together for a year and getting a more experienced Wade back, or is Shaq about to become "The Big IL"? Will Phoenix be more potent next year with Kurt Thomas, or will he and an aging Nash start slowing things down? Is Denver going to continue that hot streak into next season? If the Nets do pick up Shareef, does that put them back in the hunt? Obviously nobody's worried about the Knicks, but who out there has improved enough to challenge SA? Is Houston ready to find a consistent groove? I honestly can't think of anyone who has made a major move or great draft and moved up to championship contender status, especially when compared to SA's talent and experience. I'm just not that worried about next year, so I see no crying need for the Spurs to make any drastic personnel moves.

Conversely, what teams have slipped down to "safely ignore" status? Did Jerome James's departure from Seattle make them even more lightweight come playoff time?