PDA

View Full Version : So what Manu needed was love ?

Brazil
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Manu said to the media he was not happy.
Pop finally listened, gave him the start, fans yelled Manu Manu Manu ! and Olympics Manu finally shows up.

too bad he didn't feel that much love last game.

manu dude we love you really

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Weak take. I guess what Manu needed was to play with others who were as talented as him. El Nono was wrong, Manu is still capable of being Super Manu!

Brazil
06-16-2013, 09:45 PM
What take ? It's weak to say he needed love? As u said Manu is still capable... And lol at your weak others that were as talented. He played with less talented for years.

ShoogarBear
06-16-2013, 09:49 PM
No shit, weak. This is on par with the Manu fanbois tearing down Tony every time he is great.

The Spurs are about to win their biggest game in 6 years and one win away from ring #5. Be a Spurs (all of them) fan or GTFO.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 09:50 PM
No shit, weak. This is on par with the Manu fanbois tearing down Tony every time he is great.

The Spurs are about to win their biggest game in 6 years and one win away from ring #5. Be a Spurs (all of them) fan or GTFO.

:tu !!!!

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I said that Manu needed to calm down and stop putting so much on himself. HE was trying WAY too hard the last bit to be do something special and not just be Manu. Today was just Manu.

jag
06-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Hell of a game. Supermanu is a special kind of star.

MmP
06-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39m
There have been greater Spurs, but never one as beloved as Manu Ginobili. This feels like a religious revival in San Antonio.

Brazil
06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
You guys crack me up shoogar and many. You are all over the place. That was not my intent to take a hit to Manu. I just feel dude needed love. So what ? Who doesn't ?The fuck with your weak and be a fan or gfto?? You gtfoh, I sided Manu all year long so Manu fangirls can take their susceptibility elsewhere.

pgardn
06-16-2013, 10:51 PM
He needed to start next to Parker it appears.

This game was masterful subbing by Pop. He got our best players big minutes without wearing them out.

NRHector
06-16-2013, 10:54 PM

Thank you :toast

Shaolin-Style
06-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I never stopped believing in him I posted about it the other day. He always competes he never phones it in. I really hope he shines the next game too and helps the team put it away, believe in Manu!

ElNono
06-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Weak take. I guess what Manu needed was to play with others who were as talented as him. El Nono was wrong, Manu is still capable of being Super Manu!

I stand by what I said, Manny... running backup PG it's tough for him to score... Pop put him off the ball, and he dropped 8 in the first quarter alone... that's the blueprint there.

I'm 100% happy with this win, but you can't expect him making some of those BS shots every game. I just hope he has one more left in him.

ShoogarBear
06-16-2013, 11:07 PM
You guys crack me up shoogar and many. You are all over the place. That was not my intent to take a hit to Manu. I just feel dude needed love. So what ? Who doesn't ?The fuck with your weak and be a fan or gfto?? You gtfoh, I sided Manu all year long so Manu fangirls can take their susceptibility elsewhere.

Maybe it wasn't your intent, but that post was a ducks-level snark.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 11:29 PM
I stand by what I said, Manny... running backup PG it's tough for him to score... Pop put him off the ball, and he dropped 8 in the first quarter alone... that's the blueprint there.

I'm 100% happy with this win, but you can't expect him making some of those BS shots every game. I just hope he has one more left in him.

Just need some more of those BS shots next game. He still ran the ball much of the time even with Tony in the game. He was simply more aggressive. I will say this - I think seeing that first shot go in did wonders for him. Manu needed confidence and he got it!

cutewizard
06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
"never underestimate the heart of a champion!"

ElNono
06-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Just need some more of those BS shots next game. He still ran the ball much of the time even with Tony in the game. He was simply more aggressive. I will say this - I think seeing that first shot go in did wonders for him. Manu needed confidence and he got it!

That's the whole point though... if Tony is out there, they can't double him. Manu ran next to no P&R tonight (except with Tiago in the 1st quarter, when Miami cut the lead).

The team also pushed the pace, so we didn't need to as much. Like I said, blueprint for game 6...

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 11:42 PM
That's the whole point though... if Tony is out there, they can't double him. Manu ran next to no P&R tonight (except with Tiago in the 1st quarter, when Miami cut the lead).

The team also pushed the pace, so we didn't need to as much. Like I said, blueprint for game 6...

Manu didn't run as much PnR but that doesn't mean we couldn't have done that before. There's no way to slice it to make it seem as though Manu wasn't more aggressive tonight which is what a lot of people were begging. Sure, I'll agree that when he's with the 2nd unit it becomes much harder to run PnR but he actually DID run it tonight with the first unit and it was fine. Thats one way he got so many assists early.

Manu was more aggressive tonight and that was a huge reason he went off.

Russo21
06-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Manu would have felt more at ease playing alongside Tim, Tony, Kawhi and Danny. He knew he didn't have to be 'the man' like when he plays with the bench and just let things come to him naturally without forcing it. Manu would have been a starter on nearly every other team all his career but he's happily accepted being the man off the bench. Now that he's older and in a slump it'd be easier for him to play alongside the big boys in the starting 5 and fitting in naturally while not being the oppositions no.1 target to stop as he usually is with the second unit. Good move by Pop and great play from Manu, thumbs up.

Russo21
06-16-2013, 11:57 PM
That being said. There was a couple of fucked up turnovers in the 4th that makes you wanna pull your hair out. But he's been doing that shit his whole career i guess.

ElNono
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Manu didn't run as much PnR but that doesn't mean we couldn't have done that before.

Adjustments Manny... he was playing PnR non-stop before because that's what Pop wants and what the Spurs have been doing all season and got them there. It's no surprise that he not only had his best game in the playoffs, but the entire season.

And like I said a gazillion times before, Manu is all about confidence. He knocks down a few shots and you can get a completely different game from him.

What people shouldn't expect is that nights like tonight are the 'new normal'... he might not shoot or score as much, but he's an integral part of moving the ball and getting other people involved, and that's just as important.

TrainOfThought5
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Pop managed the minutes and rotation wonderfully. its been a great chess match coaching-wise all series.

Oh, Gee!!
06-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Manu did his part tonight

MannyIsGod
06-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Adjustments Manny... he was playing PnR non-stop before because that's what Pop wants and what the Spurs have been doing all season and got them there. It's no surprise that he not only had his best game in the playoffs, but the entire season.

And like I said a gazillion times before, Manu is all about confidence. He knocks down a few shots and you can get a completely different game from him.

What people shouldn't expect is that nights like tonight are the 'new normal'... he might not shoot or score as much, but he's an integral part of moving the ball and getting other people involved, and that's just as important.

I agree this isn't the new normal. He's definitely not the Manu of 2 or 3 years ago and no one doubts that. That doesn't mean I'm not going to hope for a repeat. We'll see. I'm not putting it past Manu.

ducks
06-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Robert Mays: We’re likely to hear that last night’s Manu Ginobili performance was a return to form, but that’s not really true. What Manu did last night — at least 24 points and double-digit assists — is something he’d done only once in 155 playoff games. In fact, Ginobili’s had at least 10 assists only six times in his playoff career; half of those games have come this postseason. The scoring Ginobili isn’t new, but the level at which this Spurs machine runs, the array of guys capable of hammering home the Ginobili passes that few others would even try? That part is.

manu was never this good one game in 155 playoff games!

Brunodf
06-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Not always playing with the worst players in the NBA helps