PDA

View Full Version : I know some of you want to give those critical of Manu crap...

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 09:51 PM
So have at it! I'm so happy with Manu tonight!

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
he had a manu game, great and some errors, those two and 1s he gave up in the 4th were pretty bad

Darius McCrary
06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
I love this manu :smchode:

tim_duncan_fan
06-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks Manu, you crazy old fool! Give us enough for one more win!

jag
06-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Vintage stuff. He was incredible to watch tonight.

Legacy
06-16-2013, 10:38 PM
They aren't even worth it, IMHO. Let them all eat shit. Fucken losers. :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
06-16-2013, 10:38 PM
So have at it! I'm so happy with Manu tonight!

Hey Loser, I'm taking a huge dump on your face - I told you in a previous post that you guys were wrong. You deserve everything coming your way.

Legacy
06-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Ehh... I don't remember who the HELL all of them were. Probably about 90 percent of this board, tbh. Whatever the case, again... they can proceed to eat the runniest, nastiest shit for all I care. Fucktards. *snicker*

AntiChrist
06-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Just happy with the win, tbh

caŽlo
06-16-2013, 10:48 PM
He's Manu Ginobili

ElNono
06-16-2013, 10:50 PM
just win the effing 'ship... don't give a crap about x or y laid an egg, tbh

tesseractive
06-16-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't know how many more of these games he has in the tank, but I figured he had at least one. It may still be time for him to hang 'em up after the season, but if he does, this is a pretty solid way to go out.

:toast

wildcardX
06-16-2013, 10:53 PM
I kept saying he will step up in the finals. He may be old but he's too good not to have big games in the biggest series of the playoffs. Welcome back Manu!!

SA210
06-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Yea, here ya go Manu haters. FUCK YOU

james evans
06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
i notice when i don't post during games, we continue to win games in the playoffs. trust me, i will NOT be on tuesday night. i promise.

AntiChrist
06-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Manny

Darrin here. I'm one of the biggest Manu homers on this forum, and I was even starting to doubt if he still had this kind of game in him.

Kidd K
06-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Why would I want to give anyone who was critical of Manu crap when they were 100% correct?

Manu's first 4 games were mediocre to awful. Tonight he was excellent.

Normal, basic observations that have nothing to do with hate.

romsho
06-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Exactly. Those who cracked him can go fuck themselves. Ungrateful pieces of shit.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Hey Loser, I'm taking a huge dump on your face - I told you in a previous post that you guys were wrong. You deserve everything coming your way.

You're taking a dump on my face? Oh, ok.

How was I wrong? Did Manu play better the previous games? Can you point me to what I said that was wrong?

You're the one who wrote that Manu was sad over people being critical of him. :lol

But yeah, take dumps on my face I guess. Whatever floats your boat.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
You're taking a dump on my face? Oh, ok.

How was I wrong? Did Manu play better the previous games? Can you point me to what I said that was wrong?

You're the one who wrote that Manu was sad over people being critical of him. :lol

But yeah, take dumps on my face I guess. Whatever floats your boat.

An apology would go a long way.

ducks
06-16-2013, 11:35 PM
manu shows up one game in the playoffs to try to get a big contact
manu MAKE IT A BIG BIG CONTACT and do something big on one day rest
you are now playing with tp and duncan starting so no excuses you do not have to be the guy off the bench

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 11:37 PM
An apology for WHAT? This motherfucker talking about taking dumps on peoples faces and then asking for an apology? Did you not just yesterday post a huge melodramatic rant about how this forum is "soiled forever" and now you're talking about taking dumps on peoples faces and asking for an apologies? Manu played bad during those games. He was FAR more aggressive tonight. NO one is going to say otherwise.

You think I wanted Manu to play bad? You're a god damn tool on some high horse. Did you get off your high horse when you took your dump on my face? So weird.

ducks
06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
I want manu to play better in game 6
I WANT THE TITLE

Juggity
06-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Why would I want to give anyone who was critical of Manu crap when they were 100% correct?

:tu

I was critical during the first few games because Manu's play was mediocre and hurting the team. He deserved to be called out for that.

He has found a way to get into his game, notably driving to the rim and not taking nearly as many contested stepback 3s, and that pleases me greatly. I have no further criticism at this time. He played a near-perfect game.

SA210
06-16-2013, 11:44 PM
:lmao at dump on face

Sean Cagney
06-16-2013, 11:45 PM
GIVE ME CROW tonight! I eat it and then drink it down with beer! Great GAME MANU!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT GAME.

Legacy
06-16-2013, 11:46 PM

There's a difference between that kind of 'criticism' vs. people having bi-polar knee-jerk reactions, i.e; saying "He's done!" ... "He's finished!" "He's too old!" Etc, etc, etc. But of course... nothing will be satisfying enough for these types of Spurs fans, imo. They'll simply say... "Whatever. Well, let's see how he does next game, blah, blah, blah." Typical shit per usual. They could've at least waited till The Finals were completely over to 'reassess', imho. *shrug*

MannyIsGod
06-16-2013, 11:48 PM
I entertained thoughts that Manu might be completely done and I'm not totally sold he's not on the edge of a huge decline. Its natural. It happens to every athlete. But tonight showed Manu does have something left in the tank. I hope he can put up another game like tonight!

ducks
06-16-2013, 11:50 PM
oh and manu is still done off the bench in a playoff series
manu must start
heat d was forcused on tp and when manu was starting he was guarded by miller
he can kill miller not cole

SA210
06-16-2013, 11:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/972255_10200874258972889_1980002676_n.jpg

therealtruth
06-17-2013, 01:46 AM
oh and manu is still done off the bench in a playoff series
manu must start
heat d was forcused on tp and when manu was starting he was guarded by miller
he can kill miller not cole

He was killing Cole also.

Splits
06-17-2013, 01:51 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2553061/LandoHan_TMacManu.JPG
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2715389/Manu_Solo.JPG

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2715285/Diaw_Tia_Tony_Manu.JPG

timvp
06-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Anyone who wanted Manu to retire before this game should be forced to turn in their Spurs cards, tbh.

ElNono
06-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Enough with the scoreboard crap... we're one game away from FIVE and this is what we're going to be doing till Tuesday?

Lock this shit, tbh

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 08:27 AM
There's a difference between that kind of 'criticism' vs. people having bi-polar knee-jerk reactions, i.e; saying "He's done!" ... "He's finished!" "He's too old!" Etc, etc, etc. But of course... nothing will be satisfying enough for these types of Spurs fans, imo. They'll simply say... "Whatever. Well, let's see how he does next game, blah, blah, blah." Typical shit per usual. They could've at least waited till The Finals were completely over to 'reassess', imho. *shrug*

Is that so unreasonable though? I LOVED what Manu did last night, but how can I say he's been great this series after just one game? He was still bad for the first 4. There's nothing to reassess about it. First 4 games, shit. 5th game, great. Games 6-7? If he plays the same as game 5, I won't fault him for anything even if we lose the next 2. It would be impossible to.

Manu did seem done. He hadn't posted back to back "good" games since early March against two lottery teams. My opinion on that wasn't a knee-jerk reaction, it was a culmination of opinion based on how bad he'd been playing for 3 months straight. Until last night, Manu was 3/18 this postseason for having good/slightly above average games. The rest were below average to downright shitty games. 3/18 is less than 20% of the time. Not conicidently, he's only played well 20% of the time in the Finals too.

I love Manu, but no one gets a pass for me because they were so great before. Dude is getting 14m a year and a lot is expected of him for our team to succeed regardless of his salary. He really did seem done and too old. Again. . .hadn't posted back to back above average games since early March (using the game score stat), and it was against two lottery teams (Kings, Pistons).

SpurAddict561
06-17-2013, 09:34 AM
While I have been very critical of Manu, because that's what we have grown to expect from him, I knew it was only a matter of time before he had a MANUUUU type game. I mean, the guy is a fucking winner, nobody in the NBA has his heart and determination aside from maybe Kobe. He has been hesitant, this game showed him (hopefully) that if he just goes to the rim like a snake, like he has done for damn near 20 years now, then he will succeed. The guy won the gold for his country by himself, essentially. Go Manu Go!

mrsmaalox
06-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Welcome back Manu! I've been so worried about him, it was like a Christmas homecoming last night :)

SpurAddict561
06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
I have been critical but I expect so much out of him. He has stepped up in the biggest spotlights EVERY SINGLE TIME he was placed in them.

I knew he was due for a game like last night, and he's full of confidence now and knows what he has to do.

GO MANU GO

Big Empty
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Manu baby!!! I knew hed get it together for the most important game of the season. Props to pop for believing in him to start him

Legacy
06-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Is that so unreasonable though? I LOVED what Manu did last night, but how can I say he's been great this series after just one game? He was still bad for the first 4. There's nothing to reassess about it. First 4 games, shit. 5th game, great. Games 6-7? If he plays the same as game 5, I won't fault him for anything even if we lose the next 2. It would be impossible to.

Manu did seem done. He hadn't posted back to back "good" games since early March against two lottery teams. My opinion on that wasn't a knee-jerk reaction, it was a culmination of opinion based on how bad he'd been playing for 3 months straight. Until last night, Manu was 3/18 this postseason for having good/slightly above average games. The rest were below average to downright shitty games. 3/18 is less than 20% of the time. Not conicidently, he's only played well 20% of the time in the Finals too.

I love Manu, but no one gets a pass for me because they were so great before. Dude is getting 14m a year and a lot is expected of him for our team to succeed regardless of his salary. He really did seem done and too old. Again. . .hadn't posted back to back above average games since early March (using the game score stat), and it was against two lottery teams (Kings, Pistons).

Whatta' whiney lil bitch you're being (not surprised at all, tbh). Did you happen to read the thread title before coming in here, BTW? I'm a happy camper right now. I'm not interested in debating with you about fucking takes n' shit. Nigga please! :lol

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/12/2011/12/a0865a58955993f6945ab7a25b595221/340x.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=anBGGtiBUUGkqM&tbnid=OuofsRSSb9FfGM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-coli.com%2Flocker-room%2F12594-men-coli-reveal-yourself-100.html&ei=c8m_Ud7XKZLU9AS7j4GAAg&bvm=bv.47883778,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNGbrFb_CmjJFSW2yx8PlF7AIwZ1Hg&ust=1371609829855731)

Legacy
06-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Enough with the scoreboard crap... we're one game away from FIVE and this is what we're going to be doing till Tuesday?

Lock this shit, tbh

I agree, NoNo. Let's lock this ish up. TBH.

superbigtime
06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
This Manu over criticism is overblown. It's not like there were protests outside the ATT center. Some people spouted off on the internet. BFD

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Whatta' whiney lil bitch you're being (not surprised at all, tbh). Did you happen to read the thread title before coming in here, BTW? I'm a happy camper right now. I'm not interested in debating with you about fucking takes n' shit. Nigga please! :lol

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/12/2011/12/a0865a58955993f6945ab7a25b595221/340x.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=anBGGtiBUUGkqM&tbnid=OuofsRSSb9FfGM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-coli.com%2Flocker-room%2F12594-men-coli-reveal-yourself-100.html&ei=c8m_Ud7XKZLU9AS7j4GAAg&bvm=bv.47883778,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNGbrFb_CmjJFSW2yx8PlF7AIwZ1Hg&ust=1371609829855731)

Obviously I read the thread title. Then I read your post and replied to it. I remembered to breathe too, in case you're concerned about that as well.

I'm sure you aren't interested in a debate since your take was pure garbage and mine was logical and based on common sense. You wouldn't get anywhere but even further up your ass than you started to begin with. Posting a dumb gif and insults doesn't make your butthurt fanboyish posts crying about how people were rightfully saying Manu has sucked most of the postseason and the entire Finals prior to game 5 suck any less than they do.

Legacy
06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Obviously I read the thread title. Then I read your post and replied to it. I remembered to breathe too, in case you're concerned about that as well.

I'm sure you aren't interested in a debate since your take was pure garbage and mine was logical and based on common sense. You wouldn't get anywhere but even further up your ass than you started to begin with. Posting a dumb gif and insults doesn't make your butthurt fanboyish posts crying about how people were rightfully saying Manu has sucked most of the postseason and the entire Finals prior to game 5 suck any less than they do.

:lol Again, not interested

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah, just interested in bitching about people's takes, then claiming you don't want to debate takes when someone points out how their takes were accurate.

ElNono
06-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah, just interested in bitching about people's takes, then claiming you don't want to debate takes when someone points out how their takes were accurate.

What do you think now, tbh... Is Manu done? Would you give him a 2 year extension? real talk

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
What do you think now, tbh... Is Manu done? Would you give him a 2 year extension? real talk

Two year? He's already talking about retirement, so he may not even play that long. Like I said (to you even) in another thread just 2-3 days ago, I would like Manu back for another year or two, just not at or anywhere near 14m.

So I think the exact same thing I did a few days ago, except I no longer think Manu hasn't played a good game in the Finals anymore since he just did.

ElNono
06-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Two year? He's already talking about retirement, so he may not even play that long. Like I said (to you even) in another thread just 2-3 days ago, I would like Manu back for another year or two, just not at or anywhere near 14m.

So I think the exact same thing I did a few days ago, except I no longer think Manu hasn't played a good game in the Finals anymore since he just did.

So is he done?

100%duncan
06-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Kidd K has a point tbh. Manu was really shit during the first 4 games. But was SuperManu last game. But they were entirely different games which were not connected to each other, and statistics say, Manu has played great ONLY 1/5 in these finals.

And ElNono, he's not done. He wasn't. Fuck those fans who wanted him to retire.

ElNono
06-18-2013, 01:56 AM
There are actual gameplan-wise reasons why he was not so good in the first 4 games and better in game 5... he wasn't shit in the first 4 games either, otherwise there's no way in hell we're up 3-2... his personal numbers might've not been shiny, and his personal play underwhelming (and you can extend that throughout the playoffs), but that doesn't mean he wasn't running the team for stretches and other players benefited greatly from it.

People that don't understand matchups, game-planning, adjustments, and think this is like the regular season where every team plays pretty much the same every game, that think that defenses don't hone in and focus on the stuff the opponent does well, that there's not a microscope on every possession, and that players can just do whatever they want, can't really grasp that. There was a lot of that before game 5. And there will be some more after it, too, I'm sure.

Let's just hope Miami doesn't figure out by tomorrow the barrage of adjustments Pop did in game 5. It wasn't just 'starting Manu'. There were much more ISOs, a counter to Miami's switching on the perimeter, abusing the decision to play Miller, moving Manu out of the high pick and roll and use him as a passer after the trap, using Green as a decoy on almost every play he was out there, double and sometimes triple-teaming drives to the basket, and I'm sure many more... I only re-watched the game once so far.

I'm posting this now, because I can already feel that if things don't go our way in Game 6, there's going to be another shitstorm here.

MannyIsGod
06-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Fuck it. Some things are more important than cap figures or cap space. Sign Manu up for 2 more years because if for no other reason he's a part of the big 3 and the big 3 deserve to be Spurs until they feel they are done.

ElNono
06-18-2013, 02:05 AM
I love you all, BTW... hope we get to celebrate tomorrow, I saaaaaaaaaid

Kidd K
06-18-2013, 08:30 AM
So is he done?

I never said he was in the first place, so I'm not sure why my opinion would suddenly change for the worse when he pretty much had his best game of the season in game 5. I wasn't one of the people saying he was done and needed to retire/be benched. Like I just said in the post you replied to, we already just got finished talking about bringing him back next year like 2-3 days ago before he even had his best postseason game.

I'm sorry if it offends you, but my non-biased observation and ability to read statistics has been that Manu has not been playing well. He's been playing sloppy and inconsistent. Pointing out the reality doesn't make me a hater by default dude. I've been a big Manu fan for like. . .forever. That just doesn't mean I will lie when talking about how he's played. I always admit when my favorites aren't playing well.

I love you all, BTW... hope we get to celebrate tomorrow, I saaaaaaaaaid

Me too + I hope Spurfans aren't classy about it at all tbh. I'd like to see some way over the top gloating for awhile. At least for a week, then we can go back to classy mode.

Legacy
06-18-2013, 02:00 PM
^ :lol Sorry, but it sounds like you stuck your nose in here, obviously didn't like what you saw/took some shit personally, and proceeded to stir the pot. Yes, I quoted you and I said what I said... but I was not accusing you,in particular, of anything at all. I don't keep track of all your posts, afterall, lol. ... I don't remember which posters said exactly what, and what exactly was said... but I do remember certain attention-whores, of course. ... And again, I really don't care--which is why I came in this thread in the first place. Whatta' complete waste of time it is for me to have to explain all of this to you, but hey... you're the one that wrote me a 50-page novel/bitch-fit out of nowhere. I hope you're feeling better and more relieved. Now... please proceed to leave me the fuck alone, damn drama queen. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. :toast

kuato
06-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Manu will be the difference in this game too. Release the Manu Pops said and it was released, now it can't be stopped.

hater
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Fuck it. Some things are more important than cap figures or cap space. Sign Manu up for 2 more years because if for no other reason he's a part of the big 3 and the big 3 deserve to be Spurs until they feel they are done.

:lmao you were saying? :lol

hater
06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
So is he done?

:lmao

timvp
06-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Still re-sign Manu for two more years, tbh.

hater
06-19-2013, 04:26 PM
I'd hire him as an assistant coah or a TMAC role type. But no way in hell do I give Manu any meaningful minutes next season. and for the min. no way I give him 10mil or some bullshit

but tbh, he will quit after this season. I'm 90% sure of it.

slick'81
06-19-2013, 04:27 PM

No doubt and I dnt c him getting less then half of what he made this season

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I'd hire him as an assistant coah or a TMAC role type. But no way in hell do I give Manu any meaningful minutes next season. and for the min. no way I give him 10mil or some bullshit

but tbh, he will quit after this season. I'm 90% sure of it.I hope so. Else he can take the veteran's min because no other team in their right mind will pay him more considering his playoff performance this year. Spurs should seriously lure Jarret Jack. There is nobody else similar that fits the bill.

UZER
06-19-2013, 04:34 PM

Not if he continues to try to play beyond his bodies capabilities. He needs to dial his game waaaaay back and become a spot up shooter that can get to the hole occasionally.

HemisfairArena
06-19-2013, 04:38 PM
If they re-sign Manu for anything more than vet minimum it will be as big a fail as last night game.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't think anything I said changes with one game, tbh... that'd be the ultimate knee-jerk reaction... as timvp said, if he wants to come back for another go around, he should.

The Spurs though need to address the fact that we're going to need more ball-handlers and shot creators. It's obvious that against certain teams, Manu is going to have a very difficult time, and we don't have a backup plan.

SenorSpur
06-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Screw all of that. No one is above criticism - not even Manu. He screwed up royally. The integrity of the man allows him to own it, as he often does. As bad and as frustrated as all of feel, no one feels worse than he does. However, the fact remains that he made several screw ups that hurt his team and energized the Heat. There's no getting around the issue.

As for next year, that's a dicey situation. From what I've seen, I really believe he should consider retirement - not because I want him off the team, but rather I feel bad for him in that his body is breaking down on him and he's become a shell of his former self. He's trying to make the risky plays that he used to make and he can't - or he cannot as often as he used to. Therefore, it's no coincidence that his turnover rate is probably at a career high level. That's a huge indicator of his declining abilities. It's now how I wanted to see him go out. I'd rather see him go out with some dignity. That's why I wanted the Spurs to capture this crown, so that perhaps it would make his decision easier. However with Manu being the fiery competitor that he is, he will likely ignore the signs that his broken body is sending and continue trying to play on.

DPG21920
06-19-2013, 05:54 PM
I don't think anything I said changes with one game, tbh... that'd be the ultimate knee-jerk reaction... as timvp said, if he wants to come back for another go around, he should.

The Spurs though need to address the fact that we're going to need more ball-handlers and shot creators. It's obvious that against certain teams, Manu is going to have a very difficult time, and we don't have a backup plan.

Well if the Spurs are going to have to bring in players to do exactly what Manu is supposed to do because he his no longer capable, you cannot sign him for more then 2-4M per year. I want him back (even though if we lose this series, I will never see him the same way) because he's done so much, but if what you say is true, Manu cannot be paid more than the above IMO.

m33p0
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM

:tu