PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Danny Green

Venti Quattro
06-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Finals MVP material right now, ballin' out of his mind for sure. What's the o/u of the number of teams that are gonna be willing to overpay him?

DPG21920
06-16-2013, 10:54 PM
He's locked up for a couple years, brah.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Whoever overpays him or trades for him will watch in horror as he gets exposed faster than Roger Mason Jr., tbh....

Rogue
06-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Dude is overrated imho. Just a cheap 3pt shooter who blossomed on a good team somehow. Green doesn't have much ability to create chances for himself and he should never be the #1 or #2 scoring option on any team imho. Is he a clutch shooter? yes, but if you give me such height and a starting spot on the Spurs I would probably shoot even better than he does. Guy is not much better than the best of Matt Carroll imho, and he's already playing close to his full potential

ezau
06-16-2013, 11:11 PM
He's playing better than Trevor Ariza did for the Lakers.

Bynumite
06-16-2013, 11:13 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img401/1196/24651038179446610075682.jpg

whitemamba
06-16-2013, 11:14 PM
He's playing better than Trevor Ariza did for the Lakers.

solid comparison tbh.

Reck
06-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Pop said it best in his interview.

"He can shoot but doesn't have moves or cant dribble."

I lol'd at that. Its true, guy cant even make layups.

With that said there is no one on the Spurs that deserves MVP more than him though.

lefty
06-16-2013, 11:22 PM
If someone posted here a few months ago that DG would be a potential Finals MVP, he would have been laughed at

I know I would have loled

Rogue
06-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Dude is just a shorter Novak plus passable defense

LarryDavid
06-16-2013, 11:51 PM
3.7 and 4 million for the next two years. Not bad.

Arcadian
06-17-2013, 12:09 AM
:lol Thanking God for his performance
:lol "nothing other than a higher power can explain this"
:lol dumbass athletes

~O~
06-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Danny Green played like a legend. From being known by a couple of million people to being known by tens of millions of people? Its no surprise since the NBA could give no care about the Spurs since their market isn't huge. The bandwagoners don't like to learn anything about any other team. Their whole ideal is to bandwagon...and only follow a great team blindly and not learn..historys, rules, or anything about team. Only whats within the diameter of that.....errr...Wagon. Thus, the NBA, with no choice but to say "That guys" name on television, you have blessed a bandwagoner with the knowledge that they needed to know in the first place.

Anyway.....but..this other guy..

..but Emanuel Ginobili playing well really saved the Spurs from what could have been a disaster. I've examined all box scores and games closely. I know that if Ginobili played this well in all previous games, this would have been a sweep and not even a close one to. Even in the previous game, the Heat would not at all in comfortable position...without Ray Allens 14 points. He was plus 19 and every time he was in the game, the Heat would push up the lead. The big three nearly played all 48 minutes meaning at least one of them were out there to feed off Allen's presence.

What was the big three's plus or minus? About in the middle single digits. At least one of them were out there with Ray Allen in the game so their lenovo stats are flawed. Despite fully disregarding their teammates and score 85 points altogether, they could have still easily lost the game.

Ray Allen was always the deciding factor if the Heat won the games. I know all the stars will get their shots but there's always the ...

Catalyst.

Ginobili is the catalyst of the series and if he can cancel out what Ray Allen produces, the Spurs will win this series. Heat fans better pray for this not to happen.

I know what to expect out of Green & Neal. I not worried about Parker and Duncan at all. Ginobili is the most important factor to get this done.

NASpurs
06-17-2013, 12:14 AM

:lol who gives a shit
:lol faggot who sucks that George Carlin cock
:lol probably burning in hell as we speak

td4mvp2k
06-17-2013, 12:15 AM
green iz a winna

baseline bum
06-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Finals MVP material right now, ballin' out of his mind for sure. What's the o/u of the number of teams that are gonna be willing to overpay him?

Locked up through 2015 son.

NASpurs
06-17-2013, 12:18 AM
But seriously, if the Spurs win the 'ship, I could care less if he does fucking voodoo. Keep shooting that three DG.

DMC
06-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I think TP gets the MVP if the Spurs manage to pull it off. Playing on a bad hammy and actually getting into the defense and creating plays, that's more important and more valuable than someone knocking down open looks. If anything, DG would get it for his defense which is as important as his offense. He's been great in transition, never seen anything like it in all my days from a role player on someone like Lebron, maybe Bruce but that's a different type.

Arcadian
06-17-2013, 12:21 AM
:lol who gives a shit
:lol faggot who sucks that George Carlin cock
:lol probably burning in hell as we speak

:lol hell

Sorry, but attributing one's abilities to a supernatural power is unacceptable for a 21st century human. Danny's a great shooter, and I love him as a member of the Spurs - but damn, that guy is delusional.

DMC
06-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Locked up through 2015 son.

Which means the Spurs will be a defensive minded team through that time. With Leonard, Green, Parker and whatever decent big they can acquire they should be formidable.

AchillesHeel
06-17-2013, 12:23 AM

Sorry, but attributing one's abilities to a supernatural power is unacceptable for a 21st century human. Danny's a great shooter, and I love him as a member of the Spurs - but damn, that guy is delusional.

NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG0rkzdb_qw

DMC
06-17-2013, 12:24 AM

They all do it. It's part and parcel of being at that level. Blacks, by and large, are firm believers in the Christian god. When things go right for them they thank that god first, especially in the media. Never heard Tim or Manu do it, but they hail from different regions, not from North Carolina.

ezau
06-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Dude is just a shorter Novak plus passable defense

10X better than Jason Terry, tbh. Terry was just lucky he played alongside Dirk.

td4mvp2k
06-17-2013, 12:29 AM
10X better than Jason Terry, tbh. Terry was just lucky he played alongside Dirk.

lol ya novak was on da team and wasnt no green

he couldnt see da court

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-17-2013, 12:30 AM
They all do it. It's part and parcel of being at that level. Blacks, by and large, are firm believers in the Christian god. When things go right for them they thank that god first, especially in the media. Never heard Tim or Manu do it, but they hail from different regions, not from North Carolina.
:lol slavery might be illegal but those planation owners managed to permanently engrain Christianity in America's black population.

Legacy
06-17-2013, 04:44 AM

Are you high?

Arcadian
06-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Are you high?

Actually yes, I was high when I posted that.

...But it's the sort of thing I would say even if I wasn't high.

Legacy
06-17-2013, 04:48 AM
But seriously, if the Spurs win the 'ship, I could care less if he does fucking voodoo. Keep shooting that three DG.

I think I can agree with this right here. Who fucking cares about his belief system? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2013, 04:55 AM
green has to win it

parker has done shit nothing in this series, with or without the hammy

Legacy
06-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Damn. It's like "Greensanity" right now all over the sports networks, local and non-local. Seems like DG's certainly got a solid case brewing for winning it (If The Spurs take care of business, of course). Tony might want to whine a little bit more about his hammy possibly shredding into a million pieces and all. :p:

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2013, 05:36 AM
the french wanker will make up some super excuse his playing under, maybe another fake ass injury

100%duncan
06-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Dude is overrated imho. Just a cheap 3pt shooter who blossomed on a good team somehow. Green doesn't have much ability to create chances for himself and he should never be the #1 or #2 scoring option on any team imho. Is he a clutch shooter? yes, but if you give me such height and a starting spot on the Spurs I would probably shoot even better than he does. Guy is not much better than the best of Matt Carroll imho, and he's already playing close to his full potential

That's gotta be your wost take so far tbh.

Legacy
06-17-2013, 08:57 AM

Put him on ignore like I did. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. :lol

Rogue
06-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I'll stick with my words though. if you trade green to another team he would face serious competition to earn a starting spot. Dude's just a role player who showhow fits the Spurs need, but his game is very limited, an offensive counterpart of Tony Allen imho.

Neal will be an importance piece on Spurs' future squad imho, guy plays an all-round game with various ways to score. His defense will only improve through time, and his assists will also increase as chemistry grows between him and teammates.

100%duncan
06-17-2013, 09:02 AM
I'll stick with my words though. if you trade green to another team he would face serious competition to earn a starting spot. Dude's just a role player who showhow fits the Spurs need, but his game is very limited, an offensive counterpart of Tony Allen imho.

Neal will be an importance piece on Spurs' future squad imho, guy plays an all-round game with various ways to score. His defense will only improve through time, and his assists will also increase as chemistry grows between him and teammates.

Yes you gotta credit the Spurs' system. But, his shooting touch has nothing to do with the system tbh. It is in him. Dude has ice in his veins.

Neal... is Neal.

Legacy
06-17-2013, 09:46 AM
BSPN has barely talked about The Heat all night long. No joke!! It's been all about The Spurs and especially Manu and DG, obviously. OMFG. Feels like the fucken twilight zone or something. This is so surreal. They better not jinx us, dammit. :lmao

Brazil
06-17-2013, 10:42 AM
DG was uni dimensional but he is progressing. his ball handling is better, he showed some drives even hit couple of floaters and is playing solid defense especially in transition. He saved Spurs house a couple of times against Lebron running the floor. I'm not sure there are a lot of players that denied a transition O from train Lebron launched at full speed tbh.

SG position is weak in today's nba, for this price he is a big fucking steal and :lmao at RMJ comparison. He is one the big reason Spurs are up 1 in that serie, that's an awesome surprise especially considering his POs run last year. I give him a lot of credit for what he is doing, totally unexpected

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Are you one of those people that thinks LeBron is unstoppable on fast breaks? Because Danny Green isn't.

Quadzilla99
06-17-2013, 11:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CPkslqW.jpg

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
i swear to christ, i am THIS CLOSE to starting a thread for 'dook fans who are too stupid to realize they're actually dook fans b/c dook fans don't know anything about basketball' thread for bigs and INSISTING that the mods keep bigs retained to only that thread and off of this one.

bigs, this isn't the thread for your dookdom defending of lebawl.

IT ISN'T.

take it some place else.

this is a thread for Tar Heels.

are you still confused about which one you are?

let me break it down for your very simply:

it's game 7, lebron has scored 45 points to put the heat up 97-95, there are now 2 seconds left on the clock in the fourth quarter and the spurs have the ball and toss it to Danny Green for an open 3, and he takes it.

the ball is now in the air.

what do you want to happen?

what do you want to happen, bigs?

and don't bother answering, b/c it was a trick question--no true Tar Heel needs to even consider this scenario. not for even a nano-second. EVERY true Tar Heel wants nothing more than Danny to hit that shot.

but you, you want him to miss so your precious dook-esque miami team wins.

so **** you and every single other 'i'm a Tar Heel, but i'm pulling for miami to win' fan. **** all of you.

you're NOT a true Tar Heel and you never will be.

get the hell off this thread and don't come back.

this thread is a celebration of how great an underdog Tar Heel like Danny Green is doing right now and how he continues to defy all odds and reach the pinnacle of achievement in his chosen arena AGAIN, just like he did in 2009.

your dumb ass 'lebron defense' has no place here, dook boy.

i don't see any of the other walmart UNC/lebron fans posting on this thread. just you. the difference between you and them is you're too dense to realize that it isn't ******* cute and we GENUINELY DON'T want your stupid posts on this thread. we all know the majority of heat fans are dumb asses, but somehow you're EVEN WORSE.

we DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID POSTS HERE ON THIS THREAD that is gonna go into the zzl archives as soon as Danny Green and the spurs win a national title and Danny is voted the mvp. WE DON'T! WE THINK TOO LITTLE OF YOU TO HAVE YOU TARNISH A THREAD LIKE THIS, SO JUST STOP IT. if you continue to feel compelled to post on this thread with your dook fan idiocy, i will start another thread just for you to post it on.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, KEEP YOUR STUPID ******* **** OFF OF THIS THREAD.

Agloco
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM

Not enough credit to Green for his D tbh.

HeatChamps
06-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Who is Danny Green? Similar to Danny Ferry? lol

Venti Quattro
06-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Rogue with the goods :lol :lol :lol

whitemamba
06-20-2013, 10:00 PM
wrong thread.