PDA

View Full Version : Taking a moment to appreciate R.C.

EJFischer
06-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Fourteen teams passed on Kawhi Leonard. R. C. Buford has never won executive of the year.

The Spurs are one win away from having a Finals MVP in Danny Green who is locked up at $4 mil annually. R. C. Buford has never won executive of the year.

Gary Neal made less than a million dollars this season. R. C. Buford has never won executive of the year.

Boris Diaw, the guy who just shut down LeBron James for a half in game 5 of the NBA Finals, was waived by the fucking Bobcats. R. C. Buford has never won executive of the year.

Tim, Tony, and Manu are all going to the hall of fame, but none of them are playing on max contracts. R. C. Buford has never won executive of the year.

The Spurs are one win away from championship number five, and doing it in unprecedented style. I'm taking some time tonight to appreciate the man who put this improbable team together. Good work, R. C.

racm
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM
:toast

Meanwhile Bryan Clownangelol has two EoYs...

ginobilized
06-17-2013, 12:24 AM
RC is brilliant and has some rings those Executives of the Year do not. Amazing run for this team.
Kudos to RC and the entire Spurs organization!

lefty
06-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Scola thread !

dallasmaverickslose
06-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Still havent gotten over Scola, tbh.

The Reckoning
06-17-2013, 01:19 AM
yeah scola would have should have been...

#2!
06-17-2013, 01:31 AM
A few of those reasons could go to Pop, but yeah RC is a pro. It always amazes me how some of the other franchises are run by their GM. I met him once (and possibly jinxed Richard Jefferson's spurs career when I did), and he was very polite and surprisingly tall.

EJFischer
06-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Not saying the man never made mistakes. I'm saying he's done a damn fine job overall and gets way less praise than the rest of the organization for the work he's done. Don't forget: he's the guy who was high on Tony when Pop was dubious. He's the guy who resigned Green and found Kawhi. The Spurs have an incredible present and a solid future thanks in no small part to him.

mudyez
06-17-2013, 01:54 AM
The ExOY is a farce anyway...

R.C. is the single biggest reason I feel great about this organisation going forward!

Well done!

jesterbobman
06-17-2013, 02:20 AM
The problem with EoTY is that is doesn't include the limited opportunities that some teams have, and is based on work for a single year, rather than sustainably managing a roster to be good continuously.

I think everyone recognizes RC as the best Exec in the NBA, voters are just dumb and only look at one year.