PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Thoughts on our beloved boys in silver and black tonight

ElNono
06-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Solid bounceback game.

We still can play better, 18 turnovers against the champs is too many. We were able to overcome that with solid play from Manu and Green, but you can't rely on that every game, and Neal needs to give us more too.

It looks like Splitter just isn't made for this series. I think Pop will roll with fat Diaw for the rest of this series.

We're just one game away from another 'ship. I'm hoping for a hot shooting night Tuesday, that will put the pressure on the Heat.

I know guys like Wade, Lebron and Allen been there before, but I think it will be harder for guys like Cole, Chalmers, Birdman, etc.

Splits
06-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Hope your series prediction that Spurs could only win in 5 was wrong.

Wheres RayRay, tbh

ElNono
06-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Hope your series prediction that Spurs could only win in 5 was wrong.

Wheres RayRay, tbh

me too tbh

AchillesHeel
06-17-2013, 02:45 AM
tbh if Green continues shooting lights out from 3 and TD,TP and Manu show up we can take one more imo, tbh.

Killakobe81
06-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Solid bounceback game.

We still can play better, 18 turnovers against the champs is too many. We were able to overcome that with solid play from Manu and Green, but you can't rely on that every game, and Neal needs to give us more too.

It looks like Splitter just isn't made for this series. I think Pop will roll with fat Diaw for the rest of this series.

We're just one game away from another 'ship. I'm hoping for a hot shooting night Tuesday, that will put the pressure on the Heat.

I know guys like Wade, Lebron and Allen been there before, but I think it will be harder for guys like Cole, Chalmers, Birdman, etc.

Disagree on Chalmers kid can be clutch ...the rest I agree.

math
06-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Agree with every point. We should start Manu again for the reason Tony stated:
With Tim and Tony and Danny and Kawhi out there, defense cannot just key on stopping Manu.
this series is for Diaw not Tiago. The next game will be interesting. It will be the hardest game the Spurs have had to win - possibly ever (considering this Spurs iteration is not as good, this is our toughest Finals opponent, the place where we are playing, the situation, the stars on the other team). It will require our very best .
no more mental mistakes - like 4 point plays - and less than 13 turnovers if we want to win.

I think we will win one of the next two games. If we can be within 5 with 4 minutes left in the game , the pressure on Miami will be immense.

Robz4000
06-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Agree with every point. We should start Manu again for the reason Tony stated:
With Tim and Tony and Danny and Kawhi out there, defense cannot just key on stopping Manu.
this series is for Diaw not Tiago. The next game will be interesting. It will be the hardest game the Spurs have had to win - possibly ever (considering this Spurs iteration is not as good, this is our toughest Finals opponent, the place where we are playing, the situation, the stars on the other team). It will require our very best .
no more mental mistakes - like 4 point plays - and less than 13 turnovers if we want to win.

I think we will win one of the next two games. If we can be within 5 with 4 minutes left in the game , the pressure on Miami will be immense.

That Game 7 in '05 against Detroit was the toughest. If they get to Game 7 that becomes the toughest though.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2013, 02:09 PM
the question would be, is stern and refs going to allow the game play out or they going to stop every opportunity the spurs trying t o make any sort of run whether its building leads or eating into the heats lead

Agloco
06-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Solid bounceback game.

Three things need to happen:

1) Someone else other than Green will need to step up and make some Big 3's. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think his hot streak is about to end.

2) The turnovers need to come down...to around 10-12 at most.

3) Manu needs to be as Big in game 6, and a possible Game 7 as he was in Game 5.

Those things happen, the Spurs are in a great spot.