PDA

View Full Version : LOL NBA

ElNono
06-17-2013, 12:59 AM
:lol having ESPN tell refs to review a shot
:lol two BS 4 point plays for the road team in the same game
:lol home team getting called for ticky tacky crap while they get murdered on the other end
:lol still haven't figured out how slow down a hot 3 point shooter from ruining their rigged games

spurraider21
06-17-2013, 01:02 AM
the worst i saw was when Shane Battier set a ridiculously obvious moving screen (and they even showed the replay a few times) and instead Manu got called for the foul for "running through the screen" when Ray Allen hit a jumper. Instead of the moving pick they let the jumper count and the foul. pathetic

Darius McCrary
06-17-2013, 01:09 AM
Plz no more yankee Spur fan pompousness, just, plz.

jestersmash
06-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Yeah ESPN telling the refs to review a shot was hilarious.

dallasmaverickslose
:lol having ESPN tell refs to review a shot
:lol two BS 4 point plays for the road team in the same game
:lol home team getting called for ticky tacky crap while they get murdered on the other end
:lol still haven't figured out how slow down a hot 3 point shooter from ruining their rigged games

How much do you want to bet Stern has some nasty tricks up his sleeves for game 6?

Sean Cagney
FUCK THE NBA! EXCEPT THE SPURS!

freetiago
06-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Splitter charge on made basket
Battier holding Manu for the and 1
Parker travel
Diaw's face fouling Chalmers forearm
Diaw moving screen 94 feet away from the basket
Lebron tripping himself on Ginobili for 2 free throws

just off the top of my head

Legacy
06-17-2013, 01:15 AM
What about Chalmer's forearm/elbow to the side of Boris's face? Chalmers even called it on himself, and they still rewarded him with freebies. :lol

hooperflash
06-17-2013, 01:25 AM
D-Wade driving in for a layup and grabs Duncan with his left hand.

SpurPadre
06-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Joey Crawford, Scott Foster, and Bill Kennedy will be the refs in Game 6, to further give the Heat the best chance to push this to 7...but we shall still overcome all that BS.

#2!
06-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Yeah some of the calls were surprising not because they weren't fouls but b/c they were so ticky tack (where does this phrase come from?). The series has been mostly called "no blood no foul" style, but there were some seriously cheap fouls being called in the second half.

KaiRMD1
06-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Spurs are fucked pretty much

HI-FI
06-17-2013, 01:51 AM
truth bombs from ElNono. the officiating has been really bad. Not for the entire game, but they're stretches where it is flat out horrid, like several bad calls in a row, and in those stretches the Heat go on runs, every single time.

Fortunately Green and Neal have been amazing, whether it's a higher power, luck, talent, we certainly need whatever we can to overcome Stern's shit.

ElNono
06-17-2013, 01:54 AM
:lol that foul call on Diaw before the inbound
:lol Battier shoving Manu and getting a foul

blizz
06-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Funny, on the heat board they are the ones saying stern is fixing it in our favor and that the refs last night were terrible and we got all the calls.

BillyBeliever
06-17-2013, 01:58 AM
I was listening to a sports radio show right after the game on Ticket 760. Some heat fan called in and said the refs screwed the heat with bad calls. unbelievable.

eric365
06-17-2013, 02:38 AM
Go an Heat message board and they feel like the game was rigged in spurs favor.

chapnis
06-17-2013, 06:09 AM
- Leonard charge on Battier.
- Ginobili "euro-stepped" (aka traveled) a couple of times.
- James got hit on a couple of layup attempts that weren't called.

I still think it was slightly in favour of the Heat, but it wasn't all one way traffic.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2013, 06:18 AM
There were shitty calls on both ends but that parker travel was extra infuriating cause it was a move Wade does all the time

chapnis
06-17-2013, 06:19 AM
http://www.hothothoops.com/2013/6/16/4436916/spurs-push-heat-to-brink-win-game-5-114-104 Oh, the comments is a fun read.

J.T.
06-17-2013, 06:23 AM
tbh both of the 4-point plays allen got were a result of the spurs not giving the shooter any room to land...that's gonna get called even if you are the home team. manu would have got one on way less contact if only he had made the shot, instead he just got 3 ft's and nailed them all.

chapnis
06-17-2013, 06:25 AM
tbh both of the 4-point plays allen got were a result of the spurs not giving the shooter any room to land...that's gonna get called even if you are the home team. manu would have got one on way less contact if only he had made the shot, instead he just got 3 ft's and nailed them all.

Both true. My initial reaction to both was "Allen must have kicked his leg out", but both were fair fouls.

TampaDude
06-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Fuck it. We won. Can't complain about a win in the Finals.

Raven
06-17-2013, 06:42 AM
the worst i saw was when Shane Battier set a ridiculously obvious moving screen (and they even showed the replay a few times) and instead Manu got called for the foul for "running through the screen" when Ray Allen hit a jumper. Instead of the moving pick they let the jumper count and the foul. pathetic

there was one where diaw got called an offensive foul for eating an elbow..

wut
06-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Thing is, while Miami fans may be right that refs ignored some calls on Spurs (these no calls were really the refs allowing both teams to play hard), Miami benefitted from the most weak/made up calls and got these calls at suspect times of the game. It was clear at times that the refs were keeping Miami in the game because their calls came in stretches....which as mentioned coincided with runs. Miami fans complaining just don't realize while refs allow teams to play at times (this is where Heat fans think Spurs get away with fouls), Spurs never benefit from a string of wtf calls home or away, so they need to keep their mouths closed.

hsxvvd
06-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Am I the only person who has been watching these finals games expecting David Stern to run out of the stands to take a metal chair to the back of Parker's head?

pgardn
06-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Calling a NBA game maybe the most difficult of any team sport.

And the players certainly don't help. They know how to react during any questionable situation.
There are also so many unwritten rules as well. Think about it.

Much more contact is allowed under the basket compared to away from the ball on the perimeter.
Traveling is allowed as long as the offender does not gain some clear advantage. Think about how many times Duncan has traveled receiving the ball on the move as he comes down court at the top of the key.
Double dribbles are allowed. A player receives the ball while posting and fumbles the ball, it strikes the ground without hitting an opponent. The player gathers the ball and himself and dribbles AGAIN. I have seen this at least 4 times this series.

And much more. People who know the game can add to the list.

The Reckoning
06-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Joey Crawford, Scott Foster, and Bill Kennedy will be the refs in Game 6, to further give the Heat the best chance to push this to 7...but we shall still overcome all that BS.

we want crawford on the road imo

TampaDude
06-17-2013, 07:40 AM
we want joey crawford on the road imo

^ this, tbh

SpurSpurSpurs
06-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Both true. My initial reaction to both was "Allen must have kicked his leg out", but both were fair fouls.

Cosigned.

EVAY
06-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Heat fans who believe that the refs didn't help them last night should watch the post-game interview with Spoelstra where he just flat out said that there offense was horrible all night and that his team just bring their A game. The post games analysts, however, were saying that the Heat played hard all night long and that was what floored them about the Spurs outplaying them.

Whisky Dog
06-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Of course Spoelstra will say the heat's offense was terrible when in reality the corpses of Battier and Ray Allen had their best night all year while lebron, wade, and bosh were all very good. If he admits they played very well but still lost then that demoralizes his team even further

TJastal
06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
I think this game was very close in officiating, much closer than last game. When the calls equal out for the most part, the spurs will beat the heat, 6 out of 10 times IMO. One of the key calls in my view came when Tony Brothers whistled Miller for an out of bounds screen. This negated an Allen 3 and really stopped a huge heat run dead in its tracks. Heat were within 5 or 6 at that point and that Allen 3 would have gotten the heat within striking distance. The call itself was one of those odd calls you rarely see but is a legit call. That Brothers made this call shows he is likely not one of Stern's lap dogs, which is worth noting. Spurs also won game 1 with Brothers. Coincidence? Maybe. I think not however.

TJastal
06-17-2013, 10:50 AM
With that said, I should expect we won't be seeing Tony Brothers the rest of this series.

:lol

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 10:51 AM
How much do you want to bet Stern has some nasty tricks up his sleeves for game 6?

The Heat will probably get their most FTAs of the series and have their biggest FTA disparity of the series in game 6. I expect it to be a rough night with the whistle. Spurs are gonna have to shoot at least 55% or really kill it on the glass to win. Paging Dr. Green, report to the 3pt line STAT.

Plz no more yankee Spur fan pompousness, just, plz.

Please no more basketball fans misusing the Yankees name in their analogies.

Yankees pompousness (and why they're hated by non Yankee fans) is because they buy all stars to win every year rather than build a team normally and get heavily covered by ESPN, not because they frequently win every season. The Lakers would be the Yankees of the NBA (in almost every way they are), not the Spurs who's only similarities are the dark colors and winning seasons.

PublicOption
06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
the ONLY way to stop NBA rigged games is to hit your 3 point shots. it takes the refs out of the game......did anyone notice how many times Danny was hit on those 3 pt shots and no calls were made.......fuck the NBA.....Pop has figured them out. You just hope they can keep it up.

PublicOption
06-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Foul call alert......someone has to tell the national media to watch the refs in game 6.

Fabbs
06-17-2013, 11:16 AM
......did anyone notice how many times Danny was hit on those 3 pt shots and no calls were made.......fuck the NBA.....
On the follow thru. Yes i did.
Manu and Kawhi also got hit on their trey follow thru.

If it's called both ways, fine. It was not.

Fabbs
06-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I think this game was very close in officiating, much closer than last game. When the calls equal out for the most part, the spurs will beat the heat, 6 out of 10 times IMO. One of the key calls in my view came when Tony Brothers whistled Miller for an out of bounds screen. This negated an Allen 3 and really stopped a huge heat run dead in its tracks. Heat were within 5 or 6 at that point and that Allen 3 would have gotten the heat within striking distance. The call itself was one of those odd calls you rarely see but is a legit call. That Brothers made this call shows he is likely not one of Stern's lap dogs, which is worth noting. Spurs also won game 1 with Brothers. Coincidence? Maybe. I think not however.
I was also pleasantly suprised by Brothers making the correct call on Miller.
But i really think it was more the Spurs kicking ass then the refs. They tried to *&^ us.
Most notable f attempt was at 75-73 when Wade made the basket and they rung up Manu on an away from the ball foul for the funky 2+1.
Huge momentum play which was rammed right back up the cHeats bums when Danny Green nailed the 27 foot trey for 74-78!

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
the ONLY way to stop NBA rigged games is to hit your 3 point shots. it takes the refs out of the game......did anyone notice how many times Danny was hit on those 3 pt shots and no calls were made.......fuck the NBA.....Pop has figured them out. You just hope they can keep it up.

Yep. Pop probably does formulate his strategies to work AROUND the refs. He knows he won't be getting the benefit of the doubt.

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2013, 11:22 AM

I remember that. Wasn't that near the end where the Heat were making a final push, woulda cut the lead to 8 with a little under 3 mins to play i believe. Huge call, but correct.

OldSilentHill
06-17-2013, 11:30 AM
- Leonard charge on Battier.
- Ginobili "euro-stepped" (aka traveled) a couple of times.
- James got hit on a couple of layup attempts that weren't called.

I still think it was slightly in favour of the Heat, but it wasn't all one way traffic.

The question is: if it has being slightly in favour of the Heat in Texas, what do we have to expect for Game 6 at Mami/Sternīs house?

Wildcat67
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
The refs were fine, bad calls sure, but some on each side.

Stop being such bitches.

beallionaire
06-17-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.hothothoops.com/2013/6/16/4436916/spurs-push-heat-to-brink-win-game-5-114-104 Oh, the comments is a fun read.

LOL at the douche thats a "spurs and heat fan" what a dipshit

TJastal
06-17-2013, 11:45 AM
I remember that. Wasn't that near the end where the Heat were making a final push, woulda cut the lead to 8 with a little under 3 mins to play i believe. Huge call, but correct.

Can't remember for sure how close the heat were (8 or 6) but it seemed to really take the wind out of the heat's sails. Lebron was visibly sulking after that call and I breathed a sigh of relief because I knew barring a catastrophe the spurs would close it out at that point.

Horse
06-17-2013, 12:32 PM
The problem is all the no calls that lead to miami fastbreaks. Turnover against the heat are suicide and alot of these "turnovers" are no calls.