PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else notice when LeBron...

Outlier
06-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Gave a look of disgust or disappointment when Kawhi was subbing back in for Danny Green? I was wondering whether it was because he felt he had an advantage with Danny or that he felt scared of Kawhi back to guarding him. Someone gif please.

this was when he was about to shoot his second free throw.

SpurAddict561
06-17-2013, 08:34 AM
He knows how well Kawhi is guarding him, anyone can see that. His explosion in game 4 was mostly while Kawhi was on the bench in foul trouble or just Pop resting him, for whatever reason.

Kawhi has guarded Lebron better than anyone I've ever seen. No debate, no bias.

The Reckoning
06-17-2013, 08:37 AM
He knows how well Kawhi is guarding him, anyone can see that. His explosion in game 4 was mostly while Kawhi was on the bench in foul trouble or just Pop resting him, for whatever reason.

Kawhi has guarded Lebron better than anyone I've ever seen. No debate, no bias.

2007 bowen says hi.

but yeah since then, it hasn't been close.

FvckMavs
06-17-2013, 08:41 AM
But but...2013 LeBron is 50 times better.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-17-2013, 09:00 AM
LeBron is a machine... with flaws.

elbamba
06-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Diaw played even better defense.

Richie
06-17-2013, 09:17 AM
I doubt it. As good as Kawhi has been on Lebron, it's a team effort defending him. Lets not pretend like Leonard is shutting him down single handedly, or even shutting him down at all.

I actually think we look better when the Spurs switch a big man on to him. Lebron almost always settles for a jumper as he knows he can't back them down in to the paint and if he drives the defence will collapse on him.

SpurAddict561
06-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Kawhi has done a better job on Lebron than Bowen did. You have to remember, back then we just swarmed him with all 5 players on the floor AT ALL times because there wasn't ANYONE else capable of beating us. We have to be more hesitant about overloading with help now because of the other "stars" and shooters. I am a big fan of what Bruce did for the organization but Kawhi WILL BE a much bigger asset than he was, defensively AND offensively. He really has to be or it's dark days to come for us.

Old School 44
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Anybody else notice when LeBron demonstratively complained about not getting a call they didn't T him up?

ThaBigFundamental21
06-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Anybody else notice when LeBron demonstratively complained about not getting a call they didn't T him up?

Yep, I thought the same thing. He jumped up and down, flailed his arms, and all but cried. I actually thought he was going to get T'd up. Didn't happen.

Maddog
06-17-2013, 10:06 AM
It's a team effort.
Let's be honest and give credit where credit is due- LeBron is a great player. Annoying- yes. A few flaws in his game- maybe- but those are more because he is not what people want him to be.
despite being held "in check" he got 26 6 8 and 4 steals.
No time for gloating-

SpurAddict561
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
It's quite obvious Lebron has to actually hit a ref or, at a minimum, moon him to get a T.

sexinthatsx
06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
2007 bowen says hi.

but yeah since then, it hasn't been close.

Kawhi defended Lebron better than Bowen did in 2007 tbch...

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 11:29 AM

Well. . .some of our guys have bitched enough to get a T, but nobody's gotten one yet for either team. LeBron and Wade have gone way over the top multiple times though and still questionably not been T'd up though. It doesn't bother me though unless they T up a Spur for less than what Heat players have gotten away with. You have to kinda change what measuring stick you use based on how they're calling it.

Kawhi defended Lebron better than Bowen did in 2007 tbch...

I don't agree. Kawhi only has to guard LeBron in spurts, Bowen did it all series for an entire series and really kept him out of the game. LeBron only shot 35.5% against Bowen with only 6.5 assists per game and 5.5 turnovers. LeBron wasn't much of a factor on the glass either.

timtonymanurich
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
I doubt it. As good as Kawhi has been on Lebron, it's a team effort defending him. Lets not pretend like Leonard is shutting him down single handedly, or even shutting him down at all.

I actually think we look better when the Spurs switch a big man on to him. Lebron almost always settles for a jumper as he knows he can't back them down in to the paint and if he drives the defence will collapse on him.

I was really and surprisingly pleased to see how well Boris defended him. When Boris cut off his driving lane repeatedly, forcing Le BlowJob to shoot a jumper or pass or put up a contested layup, and to see LBJob miss on a number of occasions, I was encouraged.

MeloHype
06-17-2013, 01:37 PM
But but...2013 LeBron is 50 times better.
:lmao

TampaDude
06-17-2013, 02:00 PM
It's quite obvious Lebron has to actually hit a ref or, at a minimum, moon him to get a T.

Yup...unless Joey Crawford is reffing...he'll T up the beer vendor. :lol

callo1
06-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Not surprised to see both Pop go to Boris, and Boris do well in guarding Lebron. If you remember the regular season "fine game", Boris did well when on James. Pop had been holding that card in his pocket when the series began.

On the subject of who has guarded Lebron better out of Bowen and Leonard, it is hard to compare really. As already mentioned, James had less help around him in '07, and hadn't developed much of an outside game yet. Clearly, Lebron is a more rounded player now, and he is in his prime. At the same time, kawhi doesn't have to guard James as many minutes as Bruce did....impossible to tell who his defended him better.

I hope the Spurs come out in game 6 like wild dogs fighting for a bloody steak. Now that Pop has gone with Manu starting, I can't see a way that Miami can match the Spurs in scoring...Pop has taken the Turdman and Haslem out of the series, and Miller out as a starter. If Spoelstra makes the predictable move of going with Allen as a starter, the Heat see some improvement in perimeter defense, but less ability to crash down low on Timmy. Timmy will have his best game yet in game 6.

Embedded
06-17-2013, 03:13 PM
lmao @ TampaDude.

Frank Dux
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
This is the same guy who told a reporter he wishes he could play without people guarding him...

hater
06-17-2013, 03:17 PM
well to be fair Pop, Duncan, Parker and Manu all should have gotten Ts too.

refs just knew they fucked up in multiple plays on both sides. Don't get me wrong, they screwed the Spurs a lot more, but that was partly because of the huge leads

BatManu20
06-17-2013, 06:10 PM
TkUxrM2m31s&feature=youtu.be

biziofromdowntown
06-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Well, it looks more as he was frustrated with his FT to me

pikkiwoki
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
looked more like he was pissed about missing the free throw imo

ddjeffries
06-17-2013, 07:03 PM
I think it was disgust with kawhi. Right after he missed the free throw his face is fine and not angry.... Until he hears the buzzer and sees kawhi

ironman2886
06-17-2013, 07:06 PM
He clearly looks at the scorer's table, and then immediately shrugs.

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 07:15 PM
This is the same guy who told a reporter he wishes he could play without people guarding him...

LeBron is not all that much of an interesting interview. When asked why the Heat can't win two in a row he said "I don't know." Wow that's deep, how about because Indiana and the Spurs have really played their balls off?

Chinook
06-17-2013, 07:18 PM
If James saw the numbers, he'd realize he doesn't really fare any better when guarded by Green than he does when guarded by Leonard. But for some reason, the Heat haven't gotten it through their heads that Green is not a weak link on the Spurs. James is still constantly surprised that Green is there to stop him in transition, and whenever Danny hits a three, you can see how upset James and Wade are.

Earlier in the game, Wade and Green had a jump ball, and Breen commented on how the Heat lined up as if assuming Wade was going to win, which was silly, as Green is taller and can out-jump Wade. Danny won the tip and the Spurs got the ball without contest. Even though both Green and Wade just mistimed their jumps, it's part of a trend, as James messed up a similar jump ball in Game 1.

After Game 1, James was asked about Green for some article, and Lebron was very laudatory of Danny, talking about how happy he was to see Green develop. James was asked a similar question after last game, and he gave some generic answer that made it clear he was done talking about Danny Green.

tesseractive
06-17-2013, 07:21 PM
LeBron is not all that much of an interesting interview. When asked why the Heat can't win two in a row he said "I don't know." Wow that's deep, how about because Indiana and the Spurs have really played their balls off?

He's the best player in the world, playing for the defending champs on the team he chose. "They're just better than us" isn't an acceptable response.

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 07:30 PM
He's the best player in the world, playing for the defending champs on the team he chose. "They're just better than us" isn't an acceptable response.

My point was I hoped for something more articulate from the "best player in the world" coming off an all out war against Indiana and in the midst of an all time epic series and clash of titans. "I don't know" was a jackass answer to me. Easy cop out from a tired, beaten star though, I get that.

Shifty
06-17-2013, 07:39 PM
I believe he shrugged because he was already setting up to shoot the next free throw when the late substitution came.

pjjrfan
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
I saw the same thing also,