PDA

View Full Version : Can't imagine a much better path to the championship (if the Spurs win)

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Beating the Lakers, Warriors, Grizzlies and Heat - all in the same postseason - would be epic.

The only way it would have been better, in my opinion, would have been this:

First round: Defeat Grizzlies
Semifinals: Defeat Suns
Conference finals: Defeat Lakers
Finals: Defeat Heat

Duncanforthree
06-17-2013, 12:28 PM
1999-T'Pups,Lakers,Blazers,Knicks
2003-Suns,Lakers,Mavs,Nets
2005-Nuggets,Sonics,Suns,Pistons
2007-Nuggets,Suns,Jazz,Cavs
2013-Lakers,Warriors,Grizzlies,Heat

All pretty good runs.

I think it's awesome the Spurs have faced a different opponent from the East each trip.

timtonymanu
06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Would have liked to get the Thunder in a series, just to complete the revenge cycle (lol Suns).

Joyrider
06-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Putting the nail in the Lakers coffin.

Then beating one of the last 2 remaining teams in the west that we haven't beat in the postseason (Houston is next).

Then avenging the 8 through a dismantling sweep.

And finally beating one of the 'greatest' teams assembled with the greatest player of this generation.

Just a magical ending.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Would have liked to get the Thunder in a series, just to complete the revenge cycle (lol Suns).

Ah yes. Beating the Thunder instead of the Grizzlies......that would have been a good series too.

hooperflash
06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
The Suns wouldn't have had Nash , replace them with Dallas and you're good to go .

Jenks
Exactly this, swap them for Golden State who I actually hated beating. When the series was over, and the arena was still pretty full listening to Steph & co thank them all for the season, that's about as bad as I've ever felt after a win.

Meanwhile shitting on OKC & Derek Fisher now that Harden is gone would have been pure fucking ecstasy.

Asif Ali Zardari
It was the easiest run in the history of the western conference. Any reasonable Spurs fan should be able to admit that.

. Lakers without Kobe
. Warriors that shouldnt have been that far and Curry and Lee were hobbled
. Grizzlies that weren't ready for that stage

The cHeat are the only good team the Spurs played.

Jenks
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
. Lakers without Kobe
Refresh my memory, what was the Lakers record with Kobe this year? I remember at one point they were talking about winning 73 games. Spurs really dodged a bullet, phew.

eric365
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes great path :
- Lakers because it's sweet to end their 2004 bis (bringing old hof PG and big man)
- GSW because all the hype they were getting (best shooter ever, best backcourt ever)
- Memphis as a 2011 revenge
- Heat because the spurs won against the pacers or knicks we would have heard of Westbrook and kobe injury for 15 years

But it's not over yet

Mark in Austin
06-17-2013, 04:58 PM
you all to realize it takes 4 wins to ring, right? fuck. :dizzy

Beaverfuzz
06-17-2013, 05:00 PM
you all to realize it takes 4 wins to ring, right? fuck. :dizzy

Exactly. And I don't care if it's the Hornets, Blazers, Sacramento, and the Wizards in the Finals...a ring is a ring. One more win to go.