PDA

View Full Version : Humility

BigTDoe
06-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Anyone think that the Spurs humility is in some sense a tool to defuse "bulletin board" material for their opponents? I mean really, could these guys be any more humble?

jermaine
06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Thats great. An for that humidity, its gonna be great to see Stern hans Pop an the Spurs organization that dam trophy. Since he wanna fine them for resting his old ass players. An those same old players beat Sterns favorite young team.

Mugen
06-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Not sure how much effect it really has but it's a valid point. The Spurs don't have retards like Lance Stephenson thumping their chest after every 1st Qtr FG and they're not a dirty team. The Heat are good enough without extraneous motivation so it's better not to give them any tbh.

32fastest
06-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Thats great. An for that humidity, its gonna be great to see Stern hans Pop an the Spurs organization that dam trophy. Since he wanna fine them for resting his old ass players. An those same old players beat Sterns favorite young team.

Yeah that "humidity" in Miami is gonna kill stern.

EVAY
06-17-2013, 11:37 AM
The Spurs players are one of the best media-coached units in the NBA. I have always noted how much they answer in similar ways: all important defense...team members giving each other opportunities, and praising the opponent.

They get "schooled" by their coaches in how to answer media questions in ways that the Spurs' organization wants. And that always includes never giving the other team bulletin board material.

4down
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM
It's not the Heat, it's the humility,

sahoopster
06-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Not sure how much effect it really has but it's a valid point. The Spurs don't have retards like Lance Stephenson thumping their chest after every 1st Qtr FG and they're not a dirty team. The Heat are good enough without extraneous motivation so it's better not to give them any tbh.

I can't remember who said it, but I think it was Kenny Smith who said the Heat thrive on adversity and external motivation and in this particular series the Spurs are not giving them any of that say the way the Bulls and Pacers did. No chest pumping, cheap shots, or folks clapping in their faces.

BillMc
06-17-2013, 12:12 PM

:rollin

bklynspursfan
06-17-2013, 12:15 PM

:lol

BigTDoe
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
I like that. Spurs win, it should be trademarked!