PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: EsPiN Has A Vested Interest In Rooting For The Heat

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Sure they like Timmy and the Spurs but make no mistake about it... they're silent now but seems to me ESPiN have staked their whole network on the legitimacy of Lebron's legacy (i.e Heat Watch) as the greatest to ever play the game. If he loses it will invalidate so many of their writers and dare I say the network itself and they know it...They will be utterly dumbfounded and will be forced...I'm telling you will be finally forced to recognize and appreciate Kobe Bryant's accomplishments not in comparison to MJ but let them stand alone as his own. All of the Kobe hate should end and you will finally see more players come out and give Kobe is crown as the greatest since MJ. It will be a huge blow to ESPin a huge blow...There is no way they can spin this...Duncan won't be the MVP should the Spurs win and there will be no excuses.

Go Spurs...I need Timmy, Manu, and Tony to turn back the clock one more time for me :lol

TrainOfThought5
06-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I dared to dream that Greens story/emergence/clean cut style would endear him to big media similar to to Steph Curry. i think it can still happen.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I dared to dream that Greens story/emergence/clean cut style would endear him to big media similar to to Steph Curry. i think it can still happen.

He will need to have another solid game and close the deal and it will happen for him...this kid has been out of the league 3 times and he's raping the Klang

HeatChamps
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM
ESPN loves superstar power with attitudes.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2013, 11:56 AM
ESPN loves superstar power with attitudes.

No they don't...they love Shaq and they Love Lebron....

I can't wait to see Duncan 1 up Shaq and Lebron to be stuck at 1...this will be just as good as Kobe getting 6 tbh

Wildcat67
06-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Um if the Spurs win, how will this make Kobe appear in a better light.

The rapist will be even further outpaced by the classy Duncan and secure his spot in the shadow of Duncan.

Jenks
06-17-2013, 12:01 PM
True story:

Jeff Van Gundy loves the Heat so much that he once humped Alonzo Mourning's leg.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2013, 12:02 PM
the british or euro feed is so much better, a bunch of no names doing the half time show no sugarcoating or homerism of t eams, just telling it how they see it

HeatChamps
06-17-2013, 12:06 PM
No they don't...they love Shaq and they Love Lebron....

I can't wait to see Duncan 1 up Shaq and Lebron to be stuck at 1...this will be just as good as Kobe getting 6 tbh
Shaq and Lebron got personalities. Duncan doesn't.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2013, 12:07 PM

The rapist will be even further outpaced by the classy Duncan and secure his spot in the shadow of Duncan.

My guy is already in the Clubhouse with 5...on a back to back no less....Kobe's legacy won't be affected at all....sure I expect Spur fan to elevate him over Kobe that's supposed to be the case...but Nation Wide and even Globally Kobe still wears the crown...

TrainOfThought5
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Duncan... that wont even be an argument.

the NEW question will be does TP > Kobe?

Wildcat67
06-17-2013, 12:48 PM
My guy is already in the Clubhouse with 5...on a back to back no less....Kobe's legacy won't be affected at all....sure I expect Spur fan to elevate him over Kobe that's supposed to be the case...but Nation Wide and even Globally Kobe still wears the crown...

Ha, the delusion is strong with this one.

Rogue
06-17-2013, 07:34 PM
The comparison of Spurs to Heat, in terms of popularity among fans, is pretty much like the prime Halle Berry to my goddess Scarlett. the prime berry could dominate the league without paying much effort but her time is already far behind her tbh. The Heat and Scarlett ain't perfect but they're still the best of the present day

Baseline
06-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Sure they like Timmy and the Spurs but make no mistake about it... they're silent now but seems to me ESPiN have staked their whole network on the legitimacy of Lebron's legacy (i.e Heat Watch) as the greatest to ever play the game. If he loses it will invalidate so many of their writers and dare I say the network itself and they know it...They will be utterly dumbfounded and will be forced...I'm telling you will be finally forced to recognize and appreciate Kobe Bryant's accomplishments not in comparison to MJ but let them stand alone as his own. All of the Kobe hate should end and you will finally see more players come out and give Kobe is crown as the greatest since MJ. It will be a huge blow to ESPin a huge blow...There is no way they can spin this...Duncan won't be the MVP should the Spurs win and there will be no excuses.

Go Spurs...I need Timmy, Manu, and Tony to turn back the clock one more time for me :lol Oh... You mean the guy who shoots every time he gets the ball, and would have zero rings if it weren't for Shaquille and Pau?

SupremeGuy
06-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Duncan... that wont even be an argument.

the NEW question will be does TP > Kobe?If the league gifted TP an MVP like they did with Kirby, they'd be very close already.

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm not seeing how Duncan winning a title somehow pushes Kobe forward and not Duncan.

It drops LeBron back some, sure, maybe enough for them to not automatically list LeBron as a top 5-10, but Kobe's still just where he was before. On the other hand, it pushes Duncan ahead of them both imo.

I do agree about the part on ESPN having a huge vested interest in LeBron winning though. It will be a huge blow for them not only in the NBA offseason but all of next year too. Who do they handjob all year next year?

Harry Callahan
06-17-2013, 08:42 PM
I think ESPN would love the drama of a Finals loss for the heat. They could run with "what will the heat do to turn it around next year" stories all summer and into next year. A train-wreck can sell too.

Prime example of train-wreck - the Cowboys have been a joke for 15 years, but that doesn't stop ESPN from doing a lot of stories on them compared to their meager accomplishments.

The Reckoning
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM
it all boils down to

Kobe - 5

TOSB Duncan - 5 (?)