PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Poll: Should Pop rest the big 3 in Game 6?

ElNono
06-17-2013, 03:26 PM
tbh, our old guys play a whole lot better after 2+ days rest.

These Spurs were 30 secs away from beating Miami in their arena without TD/TP/Manu/Green this season, so if you throw Green in there, they should already have a big shot at winning Game 6, IMO.

It's not like we would miss a lot... Lebron-stopper Diaw would be there, Wade-stopper Kiwi would be there too, Green and Bonner X-factors, Mills towel-waving...

But above all, in case the Heat hit some fluke shots and win it, we would get everyone fresh for Game 7.

I know I'm just an armchair coach, but IMO, sounds like a solid plan...

Joyrider
06-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Skip Bayless actually thought of this as a useful strategy for game 6 on First Take this morning. :rollin

AchillesHeel
06-17-2013, 03:33 PM
OP has a point, tbh. What would be a better way to piss off the entire media world and the NBA? Would be even funnier if the big 3 was resting at home watching Bonner and T-mac holding the trophy on TV :lol

YoMamaIsCallin
06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Rest your stars in Game 6 of the NBA Finals??? Wait, WHAT????

This is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard for the Spurs.

If Skip Bayless was saying this, well then Skip Bayless is either an idiot, or he just throws shit out there to get people talking and paying attention to him.

TrainOfThought5
06-17-2013, 03:44 PM
crazy like a fox!!

hater
06-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I think it's a good strategy as long as TMAC plays 40 minutes

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2013, 03:50 PM
No other choice, tbh. They need 4 days rest minimum.

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 04:41 PM
It would be crazy if the Spurs STILL Won....Lebron would have to just retire...LOL

gnsf0946
06-17-2013, 04:42 PM
tbh, our old guys play a whole lot better after 2+ days rest.

These Spurs were 30 secs away from beating Miami in their arena without TD/TP/Manu/Green this season, so if you throw Green in there, they should already have a big shot at winning Game 6, IMO.

It's not like we would miss a lot... Lebron-stopper Diaw would be there, Wade-stopper Kiwi would be there too, Green and Bonner X-factors, Mills towel-waving...

But above all, in case the Heat hit some fluke shots and win it, we would get everyone fresh for Game 7.

I know I'm just an armchair coach, but IMO, sounds like a solid plan...

definely, definely

Rogue
06-17-2013, 07:44 PM
it's an interesting idea imho. The trend of this series is that each team will lose the next game after winning a game, and game 6 would supposely be a predestined L for the spurs if the trend continues. It may be a good reason to rest the big 3 for game 6 but the Spurs should get prepared for another 250k fine if they really want to do so.