PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How is Lebron more talented than...

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Kobe and Duncan? Or Bird, Magic and Kareem?

Why are people saying that Lie?

What does he do but Drive and Dunk, or Drive and Kick out to stat pad assist. I'm seriously curious about this Lebron fans...

His post skills don't compare to Kareem, Kobe, Duncan or Birds.

His passing skills are overated because he drives and Kicks.

He CANNOT SHOOT, as the SPURS have shown us IN 2007, AND 2013. So again, How is he better? No trolling please, I'm seriously curious.

This series is a prime example. The spurs wouldn't dare give Kobe open Jumpshots. And even if they doubled him, he could STILL make his shots. Lebron takes away from Wade and Bosh, because he dribble dribble dribbles and passes it off. What kind of skill is that?

Could Lebron have done this if his team needed it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdmbe6E8pg

ElNono
06-17-2013, 04:27 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3qn49l.jpg

gnsf0946
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
I'll bite.

I dont think LeBron was ever considered a top 5 talent, what makes him great is his body, same like Shaq really tbh

hater
06-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I dont think LeBron was ever considered a top 5 talent

:lmao

you must have missed pretty much every analyst in Basketball for the last few years

they been comparing him to Magic in terms of passing, to Jordan in terms of defense and to Hakeem in terms of post play

Wildcat67
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Real question is how is Kobe in that group. All he does is volume shoot and ride coattails to championships as the 2nd best player on his team.

Xevious
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
He's a one of a kind athlete. Dude has the size, speed, and handles to play all five positions. We'll have to see if he can keep his game up like Duncan or Kobe once his body starts to decline though.

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 04:38 PM

you must have missed pretty much every analyst in Basketball for the last few years

they been comparing him to Magic in terms of passing, to Jordan in terms of defense and to Hakeem in terms of post play

Exactly....Michael Wilbon, Chris Broussard, Steven A, Its like they were born in 1992.

He is big and strong and can run people over when the officials let him. But when his team needs POINTS from the peremiter in pressure moments, he can't deliver....

gnsf0946
06-17-2013, 04:38 PM

I see your point. I should rephrase that then.

I don't consider him a top talent and much less a top player considering his 2011 and 2013 Finals performances.

I guess I'm special in that way :hat

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 04:39 PM
He's a one of a kind athlete. Dude has the size, speed, and handles to play all five positions. We'll have to see if he can keep his game up like Duncan or Kobe once his body starts to decline though.

We all agree that he's a once in a kind athelete, but you didn't answer my question. What does he do better that makes him more skilled? I don't understand it.

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Let me ask this, could you really depend on Lebron to make 4 to 5 JUMP SHOTS in a row in a pressure situation to win the game? NO! If he can't drive to the basket, then he freezes up and passes it. Thats it!

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
He also is a Front Runner...

Lebron is a Beast when his team is up by 15....but when the game is close, he's quick to pass...:lol

Reck
06-17-2013, 04:52 PM
He also is a Front Runner...

Lebron is a Beast when his team is up by 15....but when the game is close, he's quick to pass...:lol

You're making good arguements and points here Nupe. For once. :lol

Lebron doesn't handle pressure all that great still.

spurraider21
06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
:lmao Kobe in the same class as Duncan Bird Magic
:lmao OP

~O~
06-17-2013, 05:09 PM
What LeBron has over them?

Assists, offensive awareness, athleticism, defensive awareness, blocking skill, hustle, speed, explosion,

A well rounded game as far as I'm concerned.

There's this common misconception that LeBron should do it by himself without a team around him....of great players. LeBron James is not super human.

Rather, LeBron's curse is being to great. He takes away responsibility from other players which make their roles FAR too easy for them. He creates open shots for everyone by presence and ability. When LeBron is not out there long term, who's going to take on his responsibility for assists, hustle rebounds, steals, and stretching the D with his presence? Wade? eh...

Reck
06-17-2013, 05:27 PM

Assists, offensive awareness, athleticism, defensive awareness, blocking skill, hustle, speed, explosion,

There's this common misconception that LeBron should do it by himself without a team around him....of great players. LeBron James is not super human.

Rather, LeBron's curse is being to great. He takes away responsibility from other players which make their roles FAR too easy for them. He creates open shots for everyone by presence and ability. When LeBron is not out there long term, who's going to take on his responsibility for assists, hustle rebounds, steals, and stretching the D with his presence? Wade? eh...

Who's troll are you? Your takes are insighful and delicious bro, no homo.

http://www.zawarudo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/mind-blown-2.gif

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Lmao@ awareness...go to hell faggot...wtf is awareness...lol

You hoes better not let this bitch come on this site fucking talkin bout awareness..lol

irishock
06-17-2013, 05:42 PM
It hurts my eyes just watching LeBron play basketball. No post moves, ugly jumper, not running back on D after a no-call, not running on offense after a block, ugly footwork, etc.

At least with Kobe you're in for a show, no matter if he goes off for 50 or if he goes 6/24 and insists on chucking the ball.

gaKNOW!blee
06-17-2013, 05:48 PM
One of the most gifted passers the game has ever seen....tbh

:lol thinking Kobe could ever shoot 40% from 3

~O~
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Some of you, I will chose not to answer to because I know where it goes and if can't answer with any knowledge rather than shoot my opinion down, go ahead. I could have told you what offensive awareness and defensive awareness is which is essentially basketball IQ on offense/defense; a combination of knowing what to do with the ball on offense, where it is, what position on the floor to be, what the play is, setting offensive screens. Its a combination of total offense effectiveness. You should get what defensive awareness is.

Overall, I treat negative comments like I do youtube comments. I can take criticism if its constructive but how contructive is "go to hell faggot" and "wtf is awareness"? I mean..you obviously didn't choose to gain the knowledge by looking it up yourself so...sigh.

Anyway, I know what I'm talking about. This is first and last time I will say it.

If you think I'm a troll, I must be the best most rational troll in history.

100%duncan
06-17-2013, 05:59 PM
K:lolm:lol

King Nupe
06-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Some of you, I will chose not to answer to because I know where it goes and if can't answer with any knowledge rather than shoot my opinion down, go ahead. I could have told you what offensive awareness and defensive awareness is which is essentially basketball IQ on offense/defense; a combination of knowing what to do with the ball on offense, where it is, what position on the floor to be, what the play is, setting offensive screens. Its a combination of total offense effectiveness. You should get what defensive awareness is.

Overall, I treat negative comments like I do youtube comments. I can take criticism if its constructive but how contructive is "go to hell faggot" and "wtf is awareness"? I mean..you obviously didn't choose to gain the knowledge by looking it up yourself so...sigh.

Anyway, I know what I'm talking about. This is first and last time I will say it.

If he has offensive awareness, then why doesn't he score from the peremiter when he's wide open? His offensive awareness would tell him that he's WIDE OPEN, so why doesn't he take advantage of it?

~O~
06-17-2013, 06:29 PM
If he has offensive awareness, then why doesn't he score from the peremiter when he's wide open? His offensive awareness would tell him that he's WIDE OPEN, so why doesn't he take advantage of it?

I swear you just ignore what I wrote. I just said offensive awareness makes up your total skill on the offensive side of the court. Offensive awareness doesn't tell you to shoot at all. Every player who shoots threes at a average percentage rate or during the right time on the clock would shoot them. I haven't seen LeBron hesitate on shooting threes much this series but I have seen him miss threes. This is why LeBron is built around a team to shoot threes for him. He usually misses threes on one on one ISOs...and that's when the Heat..are down. LeBron crumbles against great teams...especially when his teammates aren't playing well; i.e. game three.

If you look at my first post in the thread, I never dare say LeBron was a great shooter but he sure is one hell of a great scorer. He just has a great number of offensive skills that doesn't always involve shooting the ball. The margin between LeBron's skills in many other players is insane. To be able to get the amount of Triple doubles he has is greatly overlooked.

The biggest flaw in LeBron James is game is his ability to stay strong in clutch situations. Kobe...of all people in the last decade is known for this. Kobe...is the one you want scoring your last shots. Tim Duncan has been great at this too but...thus the Spurs are overlooked allot at everything. I don't expect anyone to really know this.

LeBron James is rarely in the situation where he needs to score the final points.....because of the regular season machine blowing out teams.

He really hasn't had to do anything. Since his last two years in the playoffs were against teams with injured stars and teams...such as the Milwaukee bucks who have no business of being in the playoffs.

Well....great I wrote..a couple of paragraphs. To be straight forward. LeBron is not a great consistent shooter if he's not confident in his shot. He just needs to believe in himself. Offensive awareness is a wide range of things. Not just shooting.

Reck
06-17-2013, 06:31 PM

That's why I asked whose troll is this because you're making too much sense.

Ignignokt
06-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Kobe at his greatest was able to coast for 3 qts and then turn it on in the fourth.

Lebron, even with Wade and Bosh, doesn't have that same team that can handle the load with superior teams. Lebron has to establish early for them to have a chance.

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
OP...Kobe is the greatest since MJ and it's not even a debate. He has sonned so many Spurs fans that they hate him with a passion. Kobe Bryant is to San Antonio what the atom bomb was to Japan.

~O~
06-17-2013, 06:48 PM
That's why I asked whose troll is this because you're making too much sense.

Thank you bro. I didn't take it negatively. I think people here aren't use to someone like me posting in the style that I do. I put allot of effort into one post.

I'm originally from another forum called truebluenation.com. Same name user name. Orlando Magic. I just came here for the Spurs. The forum quality of posting there is pretty high and you can't say something without backing it up with facts a knowledge..and especially sources. Its kind of like in public and college education when you had to write research papers. Cite your sources.

This thus, also makes you a better person if you're learning things.

spurraider21
06-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Lmao@ awareness...go to hell faggot...wtf is awareness...lol

You hoes better not let this bitch come on this site fucking talkin bout awareness..lol

:lmao preach

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank you bro. I didn't take it negatively. I think people here aren't use to someone like me posting in the style that I do. I put allot of effort into one post.

I'm originally from another forum called truebluenation.com. Same name user name. Orlando Magic. I just came here for the Spurs. The forum quality of posting there is pretty high and you can't say something without backing it up with facts a knowledge..and especially sources. Its kind of like in public and college education when you had to write research papers. Cite your sources.

You're in for a treat here on this forum. You ever had your shit pushed in? Cuz u about to

midnightpulp
06-17-2013, 07:14 PM
OP...Kobe is the greatest since MJ and it's not even a debate. He has sonned so many Spurs fans that they hate him with a passion. Kobe Bryant is to San Antonio what the atom bomb was to Japan.

Give Besteva his account back, Jeffs.

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Give Besteva his account back, Jeffs.

But if I'm midnight pulp and best eva...does that mean we're both Jeffs?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110821055009/meme/images/2/27/Raisins_Face.jpg

Reck
06-17-2013, 07:21 PM
But if I'm midnight pulp and best eva...does that mean we're both Jeffs?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110821055009/meme/images/2/27/Raisins_Face.jpg

Either way you both like the cock.

Cry Havoc
06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Kobe Bryant is to San Antonio what the atom bomb was to Japan.

Largely symbolic and based on a mindset of "keep bombing away regardless of the situation"?

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Either way you both like the cock.

Midnight has been missing lately...wtf is going on? DMC is leaving...Latarian is gone...Thread died......you know what this means Shadowflames. You're the new designated king of the NBA forum....minus the fact your posts and forum energy spell out beta male, I think you make a decent troll.

~O~
06-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Erm. Okkk?

Reck
06-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Midnight has been missing lately...wtf is going on? DMC is leaving...Latarian is gone...Thread died......you know what this means Shadowflames. You're the new designated king of the NBA forum....minus the fact your posts and forum energy spell out beta male, I think you make a decent troll.

Erm. Okkk?

Rogue
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM

Sorry for arrogating the mods' privilege but I'm still going to thank you for your genuine acclamations on our website. It feels just like a home to me, where I can say/write almost everything straightly out of my mind without any concern of getting banned, and this place used to be even better than it currently is tbh.

~O~
06-17-2013, 10:59 PM
@ Rogue. Its alright and you're welcome. I see some appreciate my take but the only people that over analyze everything I say has been Laker fans who can't look from an unbiased standpoint on things. If you can't be unbiased for a second and think without talking through your ass, I won't help you. You have to help yourself.

I don't really know how this place was before I joined..because I was only a lurker for two days. I don't know if there is moderation her or not.....haven't seen anything thus far. I'm ironclad mentally so nothing that is said in my direction that is hateful...or...in forms of bullying doesn't really bother me. I know I'm the better person for not get involved in that.

Happy posting.

Killakobe81
06-18-2013, 01:04 AM
@ Rogue. Its alright and you're welcome. I see some appreciate my take but the only people that over analyze everything I say has been Laker fans who can't look from an unbiased standpoint on things. If you can't be unbiased for a second and think without talking through your ass, I won't help you. You have to help yourself.

I don't really know how this place was before I joined..because I was only a lurker for two days. I don't know if there is moderation her or not.....haven't seen anything thus far. I'm ironclad mentally so nothing that is said in my direction that is hateful...or...in forms of bullying doesn't really bother me. I know I'm the better person for not get involved in that.

Happy posting.

Welcome to the jungle "o"

moisaenz
06-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Lebron is just the best body and talent combination.He has enough talent to beat similar size players like him and has the body to overpower more talented players.

~O~
06-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the jungle "o"

Finally. A positive Lakers fan. Thanks.

sexinthatsx
06-18-2013, 03:13 PM

No, I just hate him because he's a rapist. Pretty sure women from Colorado feel the same way too

Thebesteva
06-18-2013, 05:47 PM
No, I just hate him because he's a rapist. Pretty sure women from Colorado feel the same way too

You know he didn't rape that girl right? C'mon now...even if I was a Kobe hater I'd know secretly deep down that was just a money hungry whore. I thought it was pretty obvious when she had 5 different semen's in her underwear from different men the week after she supposedly was raped.