PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 was blatanly rigged...

TheGreatYacht
06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
if favor of the Heat but the Spurs played so well that it was too much for the refs to overcome. The officiating was ridiculous. The Spurs were up by like 20 points and after Danny Green made those three consecutive three pointers during the 2nd quarter, the refs started calling a bunch of bullshit calls. Pop was irate yelling his lungs out. I was scared that he was going to get ejected. The Heat go like on an 8-0 run and it's a 10 point game at halftime.

During the third quarter the Spurs go on top by like 15 points and once again the refs start calling a bunch of tic tac fouls on Lebron and Wade sending those two to the free throw line. In the 4th quarter, the Spurs go up by like 20 points but then the Boris Diaw bullshit calls happen. Phantom calls. Diaw gets elbowed by Chalmers and they call a foul on Diaw. Are you fuc*ing kidding me? I kept getting pissed throughout the game because of the refs. I almost broke my table from banging my fists on it.

Another thing that pisses me off about the refs is when Kawhi Leonard holds his ground and doesn't allow himself to get backed up by Lebron in the post, then refs blow the whistle. Seriously, WTF are you supposed to do? Also every time our whole team drives into the lane I always see the Heat players hacking our guys and the refs swallow their whistles. The Spurs should be getting a bunch of AND 1's.

Nobody has mentioned the refs much but Game 5 was rigged up the as* in favor of the Heat. I am so happy for Manu's performance. I was one to heavily criticize Manu during the weekend that after the game, I was so close to tears of happiness because of Manu. I hope he can give us another great performance along with a win so the Spurs can win #5.

This game should have been a 30 point victory by the Spurs if it wasn't for the refs. I am so fuc*ing tired of ABC not replaying a lot of the fouls. They are starting to do the same sh*t that TNT does. I believe that Jeff Van Gundy was given some $$$ to not call out the refs because I don't see him commenting on foul calls as much as he used to. I can't stand Steve Javie, I want to shoot that guy.

Does everyone agree with my observations about the refs? The refs allow the Heat to play physical basketball like in the 80's or 90's yet they call the Spurs for some bullshit tic tac fouls. Not even tic tac fouls, most of them are phantom calls against us.

I apologize everyone, I meant Game 5 and sorry about misspelling blatantly on the thread title.

SouthernFried
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm just glad we won game 6

BruceBowenFan
You mean game 5....

superjames1992
:lol

Back to the Future?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Karnac fail

chapnis
Assuming you mean game 5. Reffing wasn't that bad.

Spurs and Mavs fan
I think you mean Game 5. But yes, I fear what the officiating may be like in Game 6.

TheGreatYacht
You mean game 5....I apologize I meant Game 5. I just realized I misspelled blatantly on the thread title. My bad.

superjames1992
06-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm just glad we won game 6

I'm kind of pissed because I missed the game, tbh. I know game 5 was on last night and watched that, but I must have missed game 6. :(

:lol

easjer
Are you prognosticating in advance of Tuesday's game?

daslicer
The Greatyacht whats your youtube channel link.

sananspursfan21
06-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Game 5 had bad officiating in spurts... such as the fourth quarter when a 20 pt. lead suddenly vanished. ticky tack foul calls and lack-there-of, top it off with the Heat capitalizing on those ref mistakes starting pissing me off pretty bad but overall the officiating wasn't terrible. i saw no-calls both ways so it was relatively fair

SouthernFried
06-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Well...damm. Guess I should stop drinking and celebrating a game 6 victory then.

Nah...

SpurOutofTownFan
06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Game 5 was hugely rigged in favor of the Heat- the Spurs had a mental breakdown then and didn't play well the rest of the game. They made sure the same mistakes weren't made in Game 6.

It's sad to say this but the bookies or whoever is behind the money can still call the shots sometimes. For those who think this is ridiculous, please wake up. We all knew the SAC-LAL series was rigged and it took many years to find out what really happened.

Wouldn't be surprised if in about 10-15 years we find out these series were rigged as well.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 05:00 PM
I really don't know what to make of officiating.

It is every fan's tendency to think that the officials are against them. I've read plenty of comments by Heat fans, who, believe it or not, think the officiating was very unfair against the Heat.

But........yes, there are some things that just defy explanation.

TheGreatYacht
06-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I really don't know what to make of officiating.

It is every fan's tendency to think that the officials are against them. I've read plenty of comments by Heat fans, who, believe it or not, think the officiating was very unfair against the Heat.

But........yes, there are some things that just defy explanation.Oh yeah I am fully aware of that. Fuc* that sh*t, they are fuc*ing spoiled by the refs. Them Heat fans are so used to refs favoring the Heat that whenever the Heat lose, the first thing those bandwagon fans do is to blame the loss on the refs. Those fans are used to seeing Lebron and Wade shooting 50 free throws per game. Keep in mind that Heat fans consider flops as fouls. Don't listen to them.

Budkin
06-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Refs were terrible last night... Spurs got some calls but Heat got a ton of calls. That elbow to Boris's face where he got charged with the foul was laughable.

Tuddy
06-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Diaw getting elbowed by chalmers then the next play he gets called for a bullshit moving screen when he was stationary.

Tuddy
06-17-2013, 05:29 PM
What happened to calling fouls when the shooter follows through? Green got hit by Bosh and wade after he released and it was so obvious on the replays. Might be a star call that one

Gagnrath
06-17-2013, 05:35 PM
The one that really annoyed me in the first two games of this series were lebron clearing space with his off arm just shoulder down shoving guys out of his way.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-17-2013, 05:36 PM
The officiating has been AWFUL all series. Missed calls both ways. Clearly it's slanted to Miami. Obviously the Heat have been the beneficiaries of some "weird" calls. Everyone knows Miami winning is good business for the NBA. The Spurs are refusing to give in though.

Leetonidas
06-17-2013, 05:49 PM
thought someone bumped a thread from last year for a second there tbh

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I agree. The Spurs had to shoot and insanely ridiculous 60% to win that game. The refs didn't totally go full on Stern mode for 5+ minutes at a time like they did for the Thunder last year, but the Heat got at least three 2-4 minute "Stern assisted" runs that included hilariously bad calls, non calls, and phantom fouls.

I mean, Diaw gets elbowed in the face, foul on Diaw. Wade pushes Duncan's arm down with his off arm while going for a dunk, foul on Duncan. Heat players pushes a Spur and locks him up trying to get his spot on the floor, foul on Spur every single time. Meanwhile, Battier SHOVES Neal out of bounds, no call. Battier pushes Leonard out of bounds, no call and turnover. Duncan gets hit by Bosh on layup, no call. Parker gets hit almost every time going to the basket, rarely gets free throws.

Honestly, I feel lucky to have the refs not call CLEAN BLOCKS whenever LeBron or Wade go to the basket. Like when Green packed LeBron. It's like WHEW, thank god they actually called it right. It's like a shock when they actually get those calls right and don't just call it in favor of the Heat automatically like they usually do.

I fear Game 6 will feature the most FTAs for the Heat this series in addition to the largest free throw disparity of the series. The Heat will still probably get away with half their fouls per par. Look for our Spurs to get shoved around during rebounds all night and it not be called. Would not be surprised to see both Leonard and Diaw whistles into foul trouble early. Green and Duncan probably aren't safe either.

tesseractive
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
i saw no-calls both ways so it was relatively fair

This. And I'll take this any day over a game with more fouls and plenty of star calls, like game 4.

EVAY
06-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Well guys we know this is coming in game 6. We did overcome it last night but we were at home and had our home court. Can you imagine how many fouls are going to be called tomorrow night? We may have to suit up half the coaches to get through the game.

I was totally impressed how we kept coming back from the ref-induced Heat runs last night, and we did it with great offense. We can and likely will have to play five on eight tomorrow night.

I believe that we are capable of doing it. I hope that we are allowed to do it.

Horse
06-17-2013, 06:09 PM
if favor of the Heat but the Spurs played so well that it was too much for the refs to overcome. The officiating was ridiculous. The Spurs were up by like 20 points and after Danny Green made those three consecutive three pointers during the 2nd quarter, the refs started calling a bunch of bullshit calls. Pop was irate yelling his lungs out. I was scared that he was going to get ejected. The Heat go like on an 8-0 run and it's a 10 point game at halftime.

During the third quarter the Spurs go on top by like 15 points and once again the refs start calling a bunch of tic tac fouls on Lebron and Wade sending those two to the free throw line. In the 4th quarter, the Spurs go up by like 20 points but then the Boris Diaw bullshit calls happen. Phantom calls. Diaw gets elbowed by Chalmers and they call a foul on Diaw. Are you fuc*ing kidding me? I kept getting pissed throughout the game because of the refs. I almost broke my table from banging my fists on it.

Another thing that pisses me off about the refs is when Kawhi Leonard holds his ground and doesn't allow himself to get backed up by Lebron in the post, then refs blow the whistle. Seriously, WTF are you supposed to do? Also every time our whole team drives into the lane I always see the Heat players hacking our guys and the refs swallow their whistles. The Spurs should be getting a bunch of AND 1's.

Nobody has mentioned the refs much but Game 5 was rigged up the as* in favor of the Heat. I am so happy for Manu's performance. I was one to heavily criticize Manu during the weekend that after the game, I was so close to tears of happiness because of Manu. I hope he can give us another great performance along with a win so the Spurs can win #5.

This game should have been a 30 point victory by the Spurs if it wasn't for the refs. I am so fuc*ing tired of ABC not replaying a lot of the fouls. They are starting to do the same sh*t that TNT does. I believe that Jeff Van Gundy was given some $$$ to not call out the refs because I don't see him commenting on foul calls as much as he used to. I can't stand Steve Javie, I want to shoot that guy.

Does everyone agree with my observations about the refs? The refs allow the Heat to play physical basketball like in the 80's or 90's yet they call the Spurs for some bullshit tic tac fouls. Not even tic tac fouls, most of them are phantom calls against us.

I apologize everyone, I meant Game 5 and sorry about misspelling blatantly on the thread title.
It had me thinking game 6 WCF last season. By far the worst they've tried to screw us so far. But there is the problem "so far". We will have to be damn near perfect in game 6 to overcome their effort their home crowd and the officials. I see us stealing it in the end.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 06:17 PM
If the 2011 Mavericks were able to pull off a win in Game 6 in the Finals against Miami, perhaps the Spurs can, but then........the officiating still might not be the same. Mavericks and Spurs are two different teams.

Sec24Row7
06-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Is this a reverse jinx thread?

May be best ever if it is.

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 07:02 PM
What tees me off the most are the "shenanigan" fouls like when Battier sets a screen and grabs the guy to get their arms tangled up. Since when has a screener been able to have their arms anything but down at their sides?

I didn't see a clear replay on the first crazy Boris foul, but the elbow to the head by Chalmers looked more like a flagrant to me the other way!

Credit the Heat for realizing only 50% of fouls would be called and taking advantage. Credit the Spurs for upping their intensity without fouling more.

My theory on the refs is a charitable one. Reffing NBA basketball in real time must be hard because nobody could be that inept and keep their job, could they?

I do think the league does a decent job of going back and looking at things after the fact, but that does little good during a game when you get robbed.

Bottom line is there are too many bad calls still and that needs to change. Here are my ideas:

1) Refs should be graded after each game and those results should be public.
2) Only the top performing refs should ref a Finals, only the top two crews should do the conf finals, and so on to the degree feasible.
3) For the playoffs there needs to be real-time video booth ref who can signal in a needed replay at any time. With practice I do not believe this would dramatically slow games and the improved intergrity would be worth it.

silverblk mystix
06-17-2013, 07:25 PM
I think the spurs will break the world's record tomorrow by going into the penalty in the first qtr ...maybe by the 8 minute mark of the first qtr...

mark my words.

AFBlue
06-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I didn't think it was terribly one-sided, but I just wish they had swallowed their whistles more. One ticky tack foul led to complaints, which led to an equalizer ticky tack foul. I hope they're allowed to play in game 6.

cd021
06-17-2013, 08:55 PM
The Refereeing was bad (as usual) but it didn't necessarily help the Heat. This is a common complaint in the post season with the Referees showing bias. They have been bad but their bad calls have actually evened against bot teams.

The Spurs got bad calls in the firts half of game 4 of the WCF but several momentum altering calls were in the spurs favor in the second half.

In the ECF (Game 4) Wade was called for a travel, and Lebron fouled out, on a questionable call all within a desperate comeback attempt from the Heat with less than 2:30 to go) (for the 2nd time in his already long playoff career)

-Doing the Heats comeback bid they waved off a Heat jumper ( i think it was Wade or Chalmers) because of a out of bounds screen set by Miller.

-Over the final 9:31 of the game the Heat were sent to the free throw line 7 times the Spurs took 6 free throws

Chalmers Free Throw 1 of 2 Missed
09:31

Chalmers Free Throw 2 of 2 (7 PTS)

[MIA 76-94]

Allen Free Throw 1 of 1 (10 PTS) 08:37
[MIA 80-96]

Allen Free Throw 1 of 1 (16 PTS)

James Layup Shot: Made (24 PTS)
03:27
[MIA 94-109]

James Free Throw 1 of 1 (25 PTS)
03:27
[MIA 95-109

Wade Free Throw 1 of 2 Missed
01:37

Wade Free Throw 2 of 2 (25 PTS)

[MIA 101-109]

Those 7 free throws in the final 9:31 were only 1 more than the Spurs got. Miami also missed 2 of of those,unrelated of course to the subject.

Conversely

Miami got called for 5 of their 24 fouls in that Final 9:31 stretch. 3 of those were shooting fouls. Lebron got called for an offensive foul, down 11 with 3 minutes remaining, costing them a precious possession.

Spurs had 6 fouls 5 were shooting (that makes since because Miami was the aggressor being down) one was an offensive foul on Diaw that was sketchy but was actually similar to the one the called in game 4 of the ECF against Lebron that fouled him out of the game late.

Diaw also clearly tripped Chalmers as he was trying to receive an inbound pass. Green fouled Ray Allen leading to 2 four point plays in :55 seconds that accounted for 8 points in their come back bid. The Spurs also had four turnovers in the fourth that gave Miami additional possesions.

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 09:03 PM
I didn't think it was terribly one-sided, but I just wish they had swallowed their whistles more. One ticky tack foul led to complaints, which led to an equalizer ticky tack foul. I hope they're allowed to play in game 6.

Not sure "let them play" is what we want since Heat only get called for half the fouls they commit already. That gets any looser and we'll never get the ball up the court!