PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: How is Iverson more talented than...

ElNono
06-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Kobe and T-Mac? Or Marbury, Carmelo and Stackhouse?

Why are people saying that Lie?

What does he do but Drive and Dunk, or Drive and Kick out to stat pad assist. I'm seriously curious about this Iverson fans...

His post skills don't compare to Marbury, Kobe, Stackhouse or T-Mac's.

His passing skills are overated because he drives and Kicks.

He CANNOT SHOOT, as the SIXERS have shown us IN 2001, AND 2002. So again, How is he better? No trolling please, I'm seriously curious.

Could Iverson have done this if his team needed it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrIPNQN2sd4

Fabbs
06-17-2013, 05:32 PM
He CANNOT SHOOT, as the SIXERS have shown us IN 2001, AND 2002. So again, How is he better? No trolling please, I'm seriously curious.
:lol Iverson CANNOT SHOOT.
For all your dislike of Iverson, please don't say he cannot shoot in 2001 and 2002.
Many times he drew two and three defenders and did nifty pass offs.....only to have his butterfingered 6er teamates botch the assist.

Along with Fatquile Oneal being able to offensively charge at will and throw an elbow into Mutombos jaw for the defensive foul call.

Ivy ended up being a chucker, but please don't diss him in 01.

jeebus
06-17-2013, 05:34 PM
I've never been a fan of that chimp. The dude had a bigger ego than the entire NBA combined back in the day and scored that much because the east was absolute pure dog shit in the years after the Bulls. I don't remember how many times I'd look up his box scores and see a 9-29 shooting night. I pretty much agree with everything you said there, Éłñõńö

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
LOL @ the lyrics to his rap single. Sounds like something a Spurstalker would come up with.

"Everybody stay fly...kill and fuck bitches" :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skYVPGExgY

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
They are all talented scorers...

ElNono
06-17-2013, 05:55 PM
:lol Iverson CANNOT SHOOT.
For all your dislike of Iverson, please don't say he cannot shoot in 2001 and 2002.
Many times he drew two and three defenders and did nifty pass offs.....only to have his butterfingered 6er teamates botch the assist.

Along with Fatquile Oneal being able to offensively charge at will and throw an elbow into Mutombos jaw for the defensive foul call.

Ivy ended up being a chucker, but please don't diss him in 01.

So where do you rank him all time amongst players of his caliber (Kobe, T-Mac, Marbury, Stackhouse, etc)?

mercos
06-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Allen Iverson was a poor man's Tony Parker.

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Not more talented than Kobe, T-Mac, or Melo. But Stack was not that great for that long. He had a small stretch of being good (including arguably the worst 30 PPG season of all time. 30 PPG on 40% shooting on a 50 loss team. "Amazing" feat.)

Marbury was also pretty much the poster boy for "I only play on one side of the court". Hate to sum up his career with shitty defense but his defense was Richard Jefferson level bad imo. Maybe even worse. Stackhouse was similarly shitty on defense, but unlike Marbury, did not actually contribute to a great offense on that end. He padded stats, but not efficiently enough to make a real positive difference.

The other three I can see are arguably better than AI at least during prime years or peak years though with the right argument, so I won't debate those. Kobe obviously though is better than AI. There's no debate for AI over Kobe at all.

Jenks
06-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Wait

There aren't people that actually exist, in real life, that think Melo is better than AI was

I refuse to believe that

manufan10
06-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah, but can they do this?

y3X274lz3wY

99 Problems
06-17-2013, 10:37 PM
How quickly people forget the speed that AI would swoop on a pass for the steal.
that he was 6' tall playing a giants game.
dunking in the paint over them those giants.
AI was pretty handy.

lefty
06-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Iverson was a fantastic talent, too bad he is an idiot.

His 2001 MVP season was awesome

ElNono
06-17-2013, 11:00 PM
AI dragged a bunch of so-so guys to the Finals... let me know when Carmelo pulls off that one...

Rogue
06-18-2013, 05:50 AM
I also don't see the specialty of Iverson. dude was quick but there have always been guys quicker than him (like parker, JJB etc...) and like OP said, he CANNOT SHOOT which's embarrassing enough for a guard. When i was playing old version NBA live games, the 76ers were always the last team I chose because I just didn't have a clue how to play that motherfucker. Dude couldn't hit a SHIT from the floor and he was a defensive liability as well. I'd rather have JJB or Gary Neal on my team over Iverson anyday, except when i was playing dynasty mode and he could be had cheap, and more often than not I'd trade away his ass a few games later for another star with a similar overall rating (like t-mac, ray allen etc...)

AchillesHeel
06-18-2013, 05:51 AM
He had a lot of talent but he was too small and he didn't PRACTICE enough. Didn't he shoot like 38% in the playoffs the year he "carried" his team to the Finals? He was a volume scorer, who could put up 30 points on 25 shots a night, but he never was as good as Achilles or Dwyane Wade.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2013, 05:56 AM
AI dragged a bunch of so-so guys to the Finals... let me know when Carmelo pulls off that one...

lol Leastern conference

resistanze
06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4i2nehDel1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Raven
06-18-2013, 01:08 PM
he was great for a couple of years, very exciting to watch, otherwise he was just statpadding and was heavily overrated.

lefty
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I also don't see the specialty of Iverson. dude was quick but there have always been guys quicker than him (like parker, JJB etc...) and like OP said, he CANNOT SHOOT which's embarrassing enough for a guard. When i was playing old version NBA live games, the 76ers were always the last team I chose because I just didn't have a clue how to play that motherfucker. Dude couldn't hit a SHIT from the floor and he was a defensive liability as well. I'd rather have JJB or Gary Neal on my team over Iverson anyday, except when i was playing dynasty mode and he could be had cheap, and more often than not I'd trade away his ass a few games later for another star with a similar overall rating (like t-mac, ray allen etc...)
In NBA Live 2001 I could score a lot with Iverson TBH