PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments from Miami for Game 6?

Mugen
06-17-2013, 05:45 PM
IMO:
-Allen or Battier to start in place of Miller
-Birdman taking Haslem's minutes
-Quick hook on Chalmers/Cole and more no PG lineups
-Wade on Parker, LeBron on Green/Manu. Miami will try to nullify the iso plays from Parker since he ate up Mario/Cole. Since Wade has been kobe-like as a help defender, they prob put him on Parker.

Not too worried about any of Spo's adjustments tbh. Miami will play very well and bounce back strong as they normally do but if the Spurs can limit turnovers and at least match the desperation, then they have a chance to steal the game...

ducks
06-17-2013, 06:21 PM
if I am heat I do not let green shot threes
I back off of neal,booner or anyone but not him
If he hits 30 if I am hit I would be ashamed of my d

the problem with no pg lineup is james has to guard tp
he does he gets tired and starts missing those jumpshots

tesseractive
06-17-2013, 06:37 PM
IMO:
-Allen or Battier to start in place of Miller
-Birdman taking Haslem's minutes
-Quick hook on Chalmers/Cole and more no PG lineups
-Wade on Parker, LeBron on Green/Manu. Miami will try to nullify the iso plays from Parker since he ate up Mario/Cole. Since Wade has been kobe-like as a help defender, they prob put him on Parker.

Not too worried about any of Spo's adjustments tbh. Miami will play very well and bounce back strong as they normally do but if the Spurs can limit turnovers and at least match the desperation, then they have a chance to steal the game...

I agree on sitting Miller back down. And yeah, I'm sure we'll see at least some Birdman minutes.

Wade on Parker might work in spurts, but they still have the same problem they have with LeBron guarding Tony -- the Spurs will run him through a million off-ball screens and try to wear him down. I don't think Wade could do that for very long and still be effective. That's ultimately why I think the Heat will be forced to limit the playing time of their no-point-guard sets. Still, if they could get 6 minutes of Wade and 6 minutes of LeBron on Parker, plus Parker resting for 12 minutes or so, that's half the game they could play without one of their points in the game -- which could definitely make a useful difference for them.

The other option is for them to simply try to do more to get Chalmers and/or Cole going. The problem is, they're already having to make sure that Wade gets going, work on getting Bosh going, still leave some shots for LeBron so he gets going -- there aren't enough shots to take special care to get some for every guy on the floor. :lol

I'm still a little worried about Spo -- he's made useful adjustments twice now that contributed to Heat wins. He might still have some useful counters to pull out for the occasion. But yeah -- limiting turnovers will be huge, and the Spurs absolutely have to bring their closeout-game intensity tomorrow night. Buty this is why the Spurs do everything they do, and I have to believe that now that they can see the light at the end of the tunnel, they'll be ready for it. A Duncan 30/10/5/5 game wouldn't shock me, tbh, nor would a Parker 40/10 game.

hater
06-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Lebron engage Beast Mode?

he's going to have to eventually. He will either foul out or winthe game IMO

Lebron needs to start dishing punishment in defensive and offensive end IMO

what pathetic GOAT has 1 foul in a game 5 :lmao

6 9 275 pounds and has 1 fucking foul in a Finals game :lol

fucking pussy

joeSpurs
06-17-2013, 07:10 PM
I haven't watched T-Mac (Tracy McGrady) play recently, so I don't know what he can /can't do. I know he has had plenty of DNP/CD since being signed.
I think one surprise Pop could pull out of his bag of tricks .. is to play him extended minutes in game... :toast
T-Mac signed to get a ring ... damned, would be nice if he came off the bench to light up the HEAT?

TheRemix
06-17-2013, 10:00 PM
I haven't watched T-Mac (Tracy McGrady) play recently, so I don't know what he can /can't do. I know he has had plenty of DNP/CD since being signed.
I think one surprise Pop could pull out of his bag of tricks .. is to play him extended minutes in game... :toast
T-Mac signed to get a ring ... damned, would be nice if he came off the bench to light up the HEAT? As much as everyone wants to see that happen, it won't. the stakes are too high to change the game plan. We can't be screwing around with the bench players, we know what works and what doesn't.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2013, 10:09 PM
What would make sense for them is to let Wade run their offense and force the Spurs' shooters to put the ball on the floor.

moisaenz
06-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I agree on sitting Miller back down. And yeah, I'm sure we'll see at least some Birdman minutes.

Wade on Parker might work in spurts, but they still have the same problem they have with LeBron guarding Tony -- the Spurs will run him through a million off-ball screens and try to wear him down. I don't think Wade could do that for very long and still be effective. That's ultimately why I think the Heat will be forced to limit the playing time of their no-point-guard sets. Still, if they could get 6 minutes of Wade and 6 minutes of LeBron on Parker, plus Parker resting for 12 minutes or so, that's half the game they could play without one of their points in the game -- which could definitely make a useful difference for them.

The other option is for them to simply try to do more to get Chalmers and/or Cole going. The problem is, they're already having to make sure that Wade gets going, work on getting Bosh going, still leave some shots for LeBron so he gets going -- there aren't enough shots to take special care to get some for every guy on the floor. :lol

I'm still a little worried about Spo -- he's made useful adjustments twice now that contributed to Heat wins. He might still have some useful counters to pull out for the occasion. But yeah -- limiting turnovers will be huge, and the Spurs absolutely have to bring their closeout-game intensity tomorrow night. Buty this is why the Spurs do everything they do, and I have to believe that now that they can see the light at the end of the tunnel, they'll be ready for it. A Duncan 30/10/5/5 game wouldn't shock me, tbh, nor would a Parker 40/10 game.
By Spo you mean Riley right??

freetiago
06-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Miami will change coverage on Parker
Spolestra acknowledged that the Spurs were just isoing whoever they wanted

how they change the coverage will be the question
Parker and Ginobili were dominating Nole/Chalmers so ill assume they play less
but that means Miller/Allen/Battier will play more
theyll probably try to hide Miller/Allen on Green/Neal/Leonard
so if Parker calls for them to screen to get the switch then maybe they just immediately trap instead of switch this game
that will leave Green/Neal/Leonard to roll to the basket and make plays which I dont feel that good about tbh
Neal can do well in those situations and so could Leonard
but Green worries me

if they do hide Miller on Green maybe instead of running Parker/Green pick and rolls the Spurs could just run the Loop Play for Green so Miller is in a wheelchair by the end of the first quarter

apalisoc_9
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
A few thing I think Miami will do in game 6.

-They will probably continue their defense and prioritize the drive with one player as an exception, the guy guarding danny Green. If Spolstra can't limit a one dimensional offensive player to less 10 points, he probably should be fired.

- I expect more dwade handling the ball

- Allen or Battier would start in place of Miller

- If they're smart, they need to run the pick and roll with two guards when parker is playing for a possible mismatch

- I expect bosh getting a few looks in the first half

itzsoweezee
06-17-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree, I think Allen will start for Miller. I think that the Heat will also play their point guards less than ever.

DMC
06-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Ray Allen to start, Birdman off the bench. James to go hard at Tony or Danny on the break trying to knock them down, get them in foul trouble, score before anyone can get back.

All out hands on defense, fouls be damned.

100% transition basketball, no walking the ball up.

Duncan gets no easy looks, hard fouls on him.

Ray and Miller on the floor at the same time.

Lebron in the post. He got 18 rebounds in one game this series by being in the post.

No deferring. If you have the ball and the look, take the shot. Especially true for James who deferred a lot in the 4th.

Floor Parker if he comes into the paint, will be Birdman, risk ejection if needed.

If Neal touches the ball, swarm him. He's not very good with the ball under pressure.

Shoot every time SA goes under picks.

Mix up some zone on Tony.

Foul El Contusion hard, get him out of the game if possible.

There won't be any trash time in this game unless someone is up 30 with 3 minutes left.

DMC
06-17-2013, 10:41 PM
T-Mac signed to get a ring ... damned, would be nice if he came off the bench to light up the HEAT?

Holy shit how fucking stupid can you be? No way in hell is TMac seeing the floor in game 6 unless it's a blowout one way or the other. Do you really even watch basketball?

99 Problems
06-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I like no Heat PG. that means no LBJ and Chalmers p & r getting going again.

Captivus
06-17-2013, 10:51 PM
If Lebron guards Green then Kiwi will have a very interesting night attacking the rim and passing to TD as soon as Bosh tries to stop him.

Lets be honest here, if Green is hot AGAIN and Manu plays 50% of game 5, Parker gets a few floaters going, TD makes 40% of his jumpers and Kiwi gets 10+ rebounds and a few steals....Its over, Miami cant win.
No even counting Neal, who we all know can score 20 points any given night. What about Diaw's defense on Lebron, it looked really good IMO.

Hope the spurs win this!

manufan10
06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
The Heat will probably run more pick and rolls using Ray Allen/Mike Miller and LeBron. They had a lot of success with that in the 4th quarter. Got some wide open looks, tbh.

Poolboy5623
06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Tmac..lol..

manufan10
06-17-2013, 10:59 PM
What's with people's obsession/infatuation with Spurs' end of the rotation/bench players? My goodness.

dunkman
06-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Birdman can't guard Duncan, doubt he plays tbh. They will try to contain Parker, but that's difficult and Pop already saw their adjustments there, doubt they have more. Green moves a lot, so they can't deny him the ball and what's worse his release is very quick. When Manu's on and rested, he makes basically undefensible shots and Pop already made the adjustment to play him off the ball, so the Heat can't disrupt him.

Not sure how are the Heat going to make to win two games.

Fabbs
06-17-2013, 11:34 PM
I hope they still run the offense as Wade centered in the 1st half.
Bron was beasting in the previous series until Wade pouted after Indy Game 5.

Bron also had a one on one with Kawhii near the baseline where he just beasted it up. Kawhiis D was fine, it was just a strength shot by LeBron.
Not saying Kawhii has not been excellent, he has. Just that keep LeBron from going off. Wades pouting has been the biggest assist in this area.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Well, nobody knows, but I have a feeling they will try to draw a lot of fouls tomorrow. I could see tomorrow having the first technical of the series with Joey officiating. I think we see more complaining on Miami for uncalled fouls when they attack the basket.

Fabbs
06-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Well, nobody knows, but I have a feeling they will try to draw a lot of fouls tomorrow. I could see tomorrow having the first technical of the series with Joey officiating. I think we see more complaining on Miami for uncalled fouls when they attack the basket.
If it's a Kobme Lakers 2010 then it's gonna be real difficult to outdo the riggin.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-17-2013, 11:56 PM
If it's a Kobme Lakers 2010 then it's gonna be real difficult to outdo the riggin.

I'm not worried about Miami getting a favor with Joey, Joey loves pissing off LeBron and home crowds.

m33p0
06-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Ray Allen to start, Birdman off the bench. James to go hard at Tony or Danny on the break trying to knock them down, get them in foul trouble, score before anyone can get back.

All out hands on defense, fouls be damned.

100% transition basketball, no walking the ball up.

Duncan gets no easy looks, hard fouls on him.

Ray and Miller on the floor at the same time.

Lebron in the post. He got 18 rebounds in one game this series by being in the post.

No deferring. If you have the ball and the look, take the shot. Especially true for James who deferred a lot in the 4th.

Floor Parker if he comes into the paint, will be Birdman, risk ejection if needed.

If Neal touches the ball, swarm him. He's not very good with the ball under pressure.

Shoot every time SA goes under picks.

Mix up some zone on Tony.

Foul El Contusion hard, get him out of the game if possible.

There won't be any trash time in this game unless someone is up 30 with 3 minutes left.

i see a post of a nervous heat fan.

DMC
06-18-2013, 12:18 AM
i see a post of a nervous heat fan.

I see a deflecting cheerleader afraid to look past the pom poms.

Seefourdc
06-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Miami deserves to lose so badly at this point. An entire season of slack-assing minus a few moments of playing hard shouldn't result in a championship. That team has no edge. Lebron will either prove that he is the biggest vag in sports in the next game or that he has some semblance of a killer instinct. To me this is all that matters. Pretty sad when dudes that weigh as much as Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard can stop the greatest taking it to the rim player the game has ever seen. I only wish a guy like Jordan or Kobe had the physical body James does.

Reality is the only changes Miami needs to make is paying attention to where Danny Green is on D, stop being lazy and Lebron needs to man up and get mean/aggressive.

I have to admit the Spurs game plan has been amazing. They have methodically not done or said anything to rile up the Heat/Lebron. If Lebron had the desire to humiliate opponents like MJ did to prove himself instead of already thinking he's the king shit this series would have been over already.

dg7md
06-18-2013, 01:39 AM
This assumes that Pop hasn't already made adjustments to counteract Spo's impending adjustments.

Pop knows what he is doing... I trust he already has some kind of response figured out.

spurraider21
06-18-2013, 01:40 AM
theyr'e going to unleash Joel Anthony and James Jones

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-18-2013, 01:43 AM
I suspect we'll see them trot Haslem back out there. Spoelstra has to do whatever he can to get Tiago back on the court. The only way to do that at this point is trotting out Haslem to start (presumably). So I think he tries to coax Pop into starting Splitter again, and then proceeds to put Tiago in the pick and roll early and often.

Also suspect you'll see more isos for LeBron at the top of the key to try to break down the defense. I suspect they'll be trapping every screen we set on the ball for Parker.

When Allen and/or Miller are in, they'll be looking to run a pick and roll with either of those guys and James.

They'll be hacking and flopping like crazy and daring the refs to do anything about it.

That's about all you can expect at this point.

mingus
06-18-2013, 01:54 AM
They won't go small at the start. Can't afford to have Manu + Green out there.

GSH
06-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Also suspect you'll see more isos for LeBron at the top of the key to try to break down the defense.

They are going to have LeBron crashing into the paint at every opportunity. The later into the shot clock, the more likely he is to draw a foul, and they'll take full advantage of that.

Watch for them to make liberal use of one of the "plays" that made me sick of watching the NBA. Right before LeBron drives, they send Bosh (or Haslem, or Allen, or Miller) cutting through the paint - he raises his elbows and drives a defender completely away from the paint area, like an NFL fullback. Then LeBron drives into the void that creates. It's not just the Heat that do it - it's gotten so prevalent in the league, I just can't stand watching. It's not even a moving screen, it's a full-blown NFL lead block.

spurraider21
06-18-2013, 02:41 AM
they're going to try their best to bait the refs into calling fouls. hyper aggressive, out of control, russell westbrook-esque drives where they launch into the defender and just throw it off the backboard. if we stay out of foul trouble and weather the storm early, they'll fold

DMC
06-18-2013, 02:59 AM
They have to think "win two games" and I heard Spo say it (cardinal sin for a coach needing the next two games). That means they aren't going to gimmick anything. They are going to put their strongest players on the floor for 40 minutes at least, maybe more if needed. Don't expect bench guys to see much time.