PDA

View Full Version : the NBA and redefining the five traditional positions - Spurs related

Mrcoon
06-17-2013, 07:03 PM
didn't see this, but delete if I missed it.

http://tinyurl.com/Heat-are-using-this-is-Pop

??

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Nothing but garbage articles by the Washington Post completely pro Heat.

Mrcoon
06-17-2013, 07:14 PM
LOL...I think you missed the point of the article.

Gino-Step
06-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Wrote about the future of the nba many threads ago about the nba going towards 3 kawai Leonard's on the floor

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 07:22 PM
LOL...I think you missed the point of the article.

Sorry the article you linked bored me as I scanned through it and I went to the other two on the side all about LeBron must do this and that blah blah...

Chinook
06-17-2013, 07:34 PM
I didn't like the article. It just looked with they were hyping up this guy's research when it's not going to make any difference. Like anyone cares that he's a Stanford student.

To me, the whole idea of "positionless basketball" is stupid. Anyone worth their salt knows that specializations (defined positions) will eventually beat generalization (amorphous lineups) almost every time. As far as the 13 positions goes, I don't see how it matters. Even if Dirk is a scoring-rebounder and Serge Ibaka, they still play the same position and have to guard each other. And how the hell is being a role-playing ball-handler a different position than a jump-shooting ball-handler? That's just silly.

exstatic
06-17-2013, 09:41 PM
I didn't like the article. It just looked with they were hyping up this guy's research when it's not going to make any difference. Like anyone cares that he's a Stanford student.

To me, the whole idea of "positionless basketball" is stupid. Anyone worth their salt knows that specializations (defined positions) will eventually beat generalization (amorphous lineups) almost every time. As far as the 13 positions goes, I don't see how it matters. Even if Dirk is a scoring-rebounder and Serge Ibaka, they still play the same position and have to guard each other. And how the hell is being a role-playing ball-handler a different position than a jump-shooting ball-handler? That's just silly.
You're trashing Pop then. He's been about generalizations and multi-position players for years. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they're already looking at this.