PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Championship Books?

Nikos
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
I want to purchase the 2003 and 2005 ones.

But I am not sure which ones to get, and if the ones I am looking at are the same.

http://www.enonlinestore.com/cgi-bin/store/search.cgi?cat=4

The Return to Glory 2003
Back on Top 2005

Both are about 80 pages

Is the Return to Glory, the same as this...... http://www.sbccenterstore.com/lied19chhabo.html ??

I want to purchase both books, but I am a little annoyed that it takes 2-4 weeks to ship? Anyone know if this is accurate and why it takes so long?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nikos
07-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I live in CT.

boutons
07-15-2005, 12:11 PM
If you can tell the book by it's cover, the E-N and SBCCenter are different (and diffently priced). I'd say they're different, but it's your money.

I have the E-N 2003 book. Very nice, but the photograph colors make everybody the same color as Mengke Bateer.

Nikos
07-15-2005, 12:12 PM
If you can tell the book by it's cover, the E-N and SBCCenter are different (and diffently priced). I'd say they're different, but it's your money.

I have the E-N 2003 book. Very nice, but the photograph colors make everybody the same color as Mengke Bateer.

How is that a good thing boutons if the Photos are all messed up? Is it really that bad? Please don't exaggerate.

alamo50
07-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I am waiting for the official 2005 Finals Retrospective myself.

boutons
07-15-2005, 07:27 PM
yes, the E-N 03 Title book pics were fucked up. No way I'm saying it was a good thing.

Sure you could see what was going on in th pics, but EVERYBODY had the skin color of Mengke. I figured my book was defective (like the damn printer was missing some ink) and went down to E-N on Broadway to get a new one. A lady brought down another one, same sino-urine tint. She explained that "we only had 48 hours" to put it together and get it to press.

Maybe it's just a style decision, like so many movies today are heavily tinted to be yellow, orange, blue, green, some kind of cheap trick to create
"mood" and "atmosphere", like the current fad for super-close-ups, hand-held unstable, wilding panning cameras with the subject off-center, like NYPD Blue. That shit has been boring and distracting for so long, like the low-lighting in West Wing. When was the last time you a West Wing actor with his entire face lighted? It's ALWAYS faux-dramatic side light with no fill-in light for the dark side.

Friday Night's Alright For Ranting. :)

desflood
07-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Found 1999 And 2003 Champion Ship Books In Spurs.com Clearance Section. Got Them For About 20 Bucks Each.don't Know If They Have Any Still, It Was By The Way The Sbc Center Store.