PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Historical Destiny Is On The Line

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:20 PM
No one cares about a team that can never win two titles in a row and has beaten an 8 seed Knicks, a very average New Jersey team, a ref dependent Detroit squad and a one man Cleveland team.

You finally are playing a legitimate Finals opponent. You know it and I know it and the World knows it. Blow this 3-2 lead and you are doomed historically. Come through and close it out on the road and your team will finally get the historical credit you all crave.

It is all on the line, 7 pt underdogs in Game 6...I will be rooting for you but I admit I am skeptical. Fire away.

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
And what was your dumb-ass point again?

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Holy Shit! THATS a blast from the past! Hows it hanging dude?

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 08:22 PM

He's an LG member...he's not used to making points. Only defending Kobe's legacy tbh

MeloHype
06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
:lol

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:24 PM

I am a legend, do some homework.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I agree LL. History could be made. I want to see the Spurs make Ray Allen and LeBron cry again.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Holy Shit! THATS a blast from the past! Hows it hanging dude?

I show up at crunch time! I will be rooting for you guys, trust me on that. But you have to close this series, you cannot blow this and rank with the great Lakers-Celtics-Bulls teams. That is fact.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Hows life?

TheGreatYacht
06-17-2013, 08:27 PM
He's an LG member...he's not used to making points. Only defending Kobe's legacy tbhA Kobetard?

spurraider21
06-17-2013, 08:27 PM

still didn't answer his question

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:28 PM
The 2-3-2 format is extremely bogus and could screw you guys here. Celtics fans still whining about Metta World Peace getting all up in their asses in Game 7 in 2010 when the Lakers won the last two at home and cut their hearts out.

If it is any consolation, LeBron's legacy is on the line also. If the Heat lose this series, he will be 1-3 in the Finals and a complete laughingstock compared to Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson.

Thebesteva
06-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I agree LL. History could be made. I want to see the Spurs make Ray Allen and LeBron cry again.

Ah man I'm going to troll so many Lebron fans that I know @ work\Facebook\etc. They get so sensitive :-D

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Hows life?

I am good brother, how are you?

I will be better when Mitchell Kupchak busts out the Magic Wand and turns an underacheiving whining malcontent into Blake Griffin-Eric Bledsoe in the next two weeks!

sananspursfan21
Wait a second... let's look at the Lakers opponents in the Kobe era right quick: the somehow one-seeded Indiana, one man team Philly, "the very average New Jersey team", Orlando :lol, and Boston (the only true respectable opponent)... huh, I'm not seeing much of a difference in Final's opponents here

TheGreatYacht
The 2-3-2 format is extremely bogus and could screw you guys here. Celtics fans still whining about Metta World Peace get all up in their asses in Game 7 in 2010 when the Lakers won the last two at home and cut their hearts out.

If it is any consolation, LeBron's legacy is on the line also. If the Heat lose this series, he will be 1-3 in the Finals and a complete laughingstock compared to Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson.Game7 vs Celtics 2010 was rigged as fuck. Kobe was 6/24 FG/FA and he shot like 40 free throws. Joey Crawford was the NBA Finals MVP.

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 08:31 PM

And yet I'm not shaking, and you're not answering.

How does someone so unimpressive become a "Legend"?

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 08:31 PM
First off you never belittle a title even dipshit Phil Jackson (asterik) finally came around on that.

Next when you lump an exceptional Pistons team in with more mundane opponents you lose more credibility, and of course while the East is weak most years we played much better teams just to get out of the West.

Lastly I will remind you specifically of the epic beatdown Duncan served upon Prime Shaq (+ Kobe) in 2003. Heres the link to those highlights if you need a refresher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_iN6qwvoS8

So in summary "thanks" for being a temporary Spurs fan, enjoy the ride, but we could care less what you think.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Wait a second... let's look at the Lakers opponents in the Kobe era right quick: the somehow one-seeded Indiana, one man team Philly, "the very average New Jersey team", Orlando :lol, and Boston (the only true respectable opponent)... huh, I'm not seeing much of a difference in Final's opponents here

Keep it clean Sir.

The Kobe-Shaq Lakers 3 Peated for crissakes including a 15-1 playoff run in 2001. The 1 game they lost went to overtime.

Kobe then took a team with Pau Gasol as the second best player to a back to back. There is no comparison. Kobe is a living legend and you need to come correct here....

The Spurs must close this series out to be considered a true historical all time team. If they can do it, I will finally give them their props despite the lack of even a 2 peat anywhere along the way.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:34 PM
I am good brother, how are you?

I will be better when Mitchell Kupchak busts out the Magic Wand and turns an underacheiving whining malcontent into Blake Griffin-Eric Bledsoe in the next two weeks!

Doing good, dude. I may never retire but my wifes credit card won't bounce either. You gotta be bummed about Kobe going out this way. Y'all had some amazing runs. Had to be tough for you watching this year.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:37 PM
So in summary "thanks" for being a temporary Spurs fan, enjoy the ride, but we could care less what you think.

You care and you know it.

Because you know I am right. I actually am convinced the NBA will fuck you with a Kenny "Slick" Mauer ref fix in Game 6, so it will likely come down to Game 7 on the road. Only truly special teams win Game 7's on the road (i.e. Lakers buttfucking Sacramento in 2002)

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Doing good, dude. I may never retire but my wifes credit card won't bounce either. You gotta be bummed about Kobe going out this way. Y'all had some amazing runs. Had to be tough for you watching this year.

It was tough to watch, but also inspiring to see an aging warrior carry a group of stiffs on his back from 7 games under .500 to the playoffs post-All Star Break. One of Kobe's greatest seasons ever, even though it was a first round sweep ultimately.

For his encore, he is going to be the first guy to come back from Achille's Tendon rupture like nothing happened. Wait and see.

sananspursfan21
Keep it clean Sir.

The Kobe-Shaq Lakers 3 Peated for crissakes including a 15-1 playoff run in 2001. The 1 game they lost went to overtime.

Kobe then took a team with Pau Gasol as the second best player to a back to back. There is no comparison. Kobe is a living legend and you need to come correct here....

The Spurs must close this series out to be considered a true historical all time team. If they can do it, I will finally give them their props despite the lack of even a 2 peat anywhere along the way.

Yep, wasn't disrespecting necessarily. But during that era of the NBA, it was basically the Lakers, Spurs, and Kings (well, sorta), then everyone else. So the level of competition was pretty low for any champ during that time, regardless of playoff run. I'm aware that the Lakers had a great team that fully beat the Spurs all three times during that run. Just pointing out the fact that the Finals opponents aren't all that different

Blind Witness
You care and I'm desperate for it.

Because you know I am right. I actually am convinced the NBA will fuck you with a Kenny "Slick" Mauer ref fix in Game 6, so it will likely come down to Game 7 on the road. Only truly special teams win Game 7's on the road (i.e. Lakers buttfucking Sacramento in 2002)

That's pretty much all I see.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:40 PM
You care and you know it.

I am actually expecting that.

They can't let the "future of the NBA" get bitch slapped by an aging team that doesn't do triple reverse slams for highlight reels.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:42 PM
I am actually expecting that.

They can't let the "future of the NBA" get bitch slapped by an aging team that doesn't do triple reverse slams for highlight reels.

If you see Mauer or The Gnome (Joey Crawford) I would advise turning the television off.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:45 PM
It was tough to watch, but also inspiring to see an aging warrior carry a group of stiffs on his back from 7 games under .500 to the playoffs post-All Star Break. One of Kobe's greatest seasons ever, even though it was a first round sweep ultimately.

For his encore, he is going to be the first guy to come back from Achille's Tendon rupture like nothing happened. Wait and see.

I really hope he does. I may have hated losing to you guys but I always respected the game and Kobe had major Game.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:47 PM
If you see Mauer or The Gnome (Joey Crawford) I would advise turning the television off.

We have already had two of the death star crews and survived. I think Joey hates LeBron more than Tim now. We will see.

dbreiden83080
06-17-2013, 08:47 PM
WTF are you talking about?

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Later dude. I'm gonna pour a nice Pinot and chill. PM me if you want to continue the conversation later.

And yeah, newbies, LL is a ST legend. He knows his BB and we have had some epic smackdowns in here. It's all good.

Knoxxx
06-17-2013, 08:51 PM

Actually I heard Kobe was being amnestied and signing with the Spurs for the veteran's minimum.

I don't really want the guy, but as long as he accepts his role backing up Danny Green and Manu it should be tolerable as long as he takes to Pop's coaching (and dropping F bombs on him).

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 08:51 PM
I really hope he does. I may have hated losing to you guys but I always respected the game and Kobe had major Game.

I agree. Without a nemesis, you can't grow. I know that's a quote from someone. One thing I will readily admit is that wins against the Lakers were always the most satisfying because of Kobe. Emphasis on the were. What an assassin in his hayday. I doubt he comes back as good as he was, but it wouldn't shock me to the core. He is a tremendous competitor.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 08:52 PM
No one cares about a team that can never win two titles in a row and has beaten an 8 seed Knicks, a very average New Jersey team, a ref dependent Detroit squad and a one man Cleveland team.

And yet somehow people care about a much-hyped team that couldn't even win a single game in the playoffs this season?

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Later dude. I'm gonna pour a nice Pinot and chill. PM me if you want to continue the conversation later.

And yeah, newbies, LL is a ST legend. He knows his BB and we have had some epic smackdowns in here. It's all good.

Have a good evening, I have a Malbec waiting for me myself! Good luck, I would really like to see you guys take these humps down.

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM

Maybe... but Legends these days are cheap and nothing has stood out to me thus far.

He(she) has nothing to prove to me. I get that. I have been reminded of my post count more than once.

So I called out a stupid thread- and it is a stupid thread meant to do nothing more than rile people up for their own... what? Pleasure? I don't know, it seems like a need for attention to me.

Sorry LakerLanny. You had a need and you had to itch it. I pissed in the punch bowl first and didn't realize it was "Legendary" flavored. I'll let others else scratch that itch of yours now.

Budkin
06-17-2013, 08:58 PM
He's an LG member...he's not used to making points. Only defending Kobe's legacy tbh

LakerLanny is like the original Laker fan on SpursTalk if I'm not mistaken.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Maybe... but Legends these days are cheap and nothing has stood out to me thus far.

He(she) has nothing to prove to me. I get that. I have been reminded of my post count more than once.

So I called out a stupid thread- and it is a stupid thread meant to do nothing more than rile people up for their own... what? Pleasure? I don't know, it seems like a need for attention to me.

Sorry LakerLanny. You had a need and you had to itch it. I pissed in the punch bowl first and didn't realize it was "Legendary" flavored. I'll let others else itch that scratch of yours now.

Don't get mad, just come back with something with some substance. Trust me when I say I have been through the wars...lame insults are amusing but generally don't even get a response from a poster with my pedigree.

I will give you one chance to show you have game....here is my question:

What adjustments do you think the Spurs need to make to what is sure to be intense overplaying the passing lanes and swarming Miami pressure (similar to what they did in Game 4) in Game 6?

If you can come up with something decent, I may grace you with further replies. If you come back with nothing (like so far) you will be on perma-ignore forever.

baseline bum
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM

You mean he's still gonna be a ballhog and they'll still struggle to make the playoffs, needing 50 free throws to squeak their way in?

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 09:06 PM
You mean he's still gonna be a ballhog and they'll still struggle to make the playoffs?

You never change! I can tell you have your game face on and I respect that.

A lot of the nation is rooting for you guys trust me on that. By nation of course, I mean Lakers Nation.

LakerLanny
06-17-2013, 09:07 PM
LakerLanny is like the original Laker fan on SpursTalk if I'm not mistaken.

Where the hell is Man In Black and JimCS and some of the other legends from the past? I am sure Kori and TimMVP will ignore me since they have made millions off this site and live in a castle somewhere East of San Antonio now.

YoMamaIsCallin
06-17-2013, 09:21 PM
"What adjustments do you think the Spurs need to make to what is sure to be intense overplaying the passing lanes and swarming Miami pressure (similar to what they did in Game 4) in Game 6?"

Are you forgetting game 5? The adjustments were made. Ginobili got the start to counteract the small ball lineup. Pace and ball movement took advantage of the swarming defense to get open shots, with Parker and Ginobili especially finding the open man. Now it's up to Spoestra to adjust. What will he do is the real question.

dunkman
06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
The '05 Pistons were a damn good team. The other titles were decided in the west. The Lakers prevailed vs the C's in '10, because Perkins went down during G6. The C's re-grouped for G7, but the refs favoured the Lakers.

The Spurs and the Heat are evenly matched, the Heat will need luck to win both games.

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Don't get mad, just come back with something with some substance. Trust me when I say I have been through the wars...lame insults are amusing but generally don't even get a response from a poster with my pedigree.

I will give you one chance to show you have game....here is my question:

What adjustments do you think the Spurs need to make to what is sure to be intense overplaying the passing lanes and swarming Miami pressure (similar to what they did in Game 4) in Game 6?

If you can come up with something decent, I may grace you with further replies. If you come back with nothing (like so far) you will be on perma-ignore forever.

The isolation that was set up through Miami's switching of the Spurs screens until the ball handler had a favorable match-up was a useful tactic.

If Miami decides to stop switching, I still believe they can find favorable iso matchups with Parker and Ginobili.

The aggresive overplaying of the passing lanes is problematic in that the Spurs make quick, intuitive passes that can play into Miami's athleticism.

Diaw seems to do well even when trapped in the corner, so I would continue giving him considerable minutes. Manu's One-Step-Ahead passing has been a boon and hopefully continues.

I would ride Parker into the dirt. The Spurs need ball-handling at all times against this team- there's only two games left, at most. There is no tomorrow, so to speak.

The Spurs biggest advantage right now is Green's current accuracy and the respect Miami has to pay the three point shooters. Use that to it's maximum advantage.

Another tactic that was useful in stymying Miami's defense was pushing the pace in all situations- look for that to be continued as it prevents them from setting up. I don't believe fatigued will be a factor in these last few games. The adrenaline will ride out the moment.

The Spurs look like they are going to commit mpre to their "Big Three" for the these last two games (Manu starting, iso's for Parker and Manu, more post-ups for Duncan) so it's really up to them and rebounds.

And hopefully the threes keep raining.

Yes, there is both strategy and hope in my reply, but isn't that true for most things of this concern?

There, Legend- am I on your "Perma-Ignore"? I certainly hope to be Graced by your- shit... nothing so far.

moisaenz
06-17-2013, 10:02 PM
I show up at crunch time! I will be rooting for you guys, trust me on that. But you have to close this series, you cannot blow this and rank with the great Lakers-Celtics-Bulls teams. That is fact.
Who cares about ranking with those teams. Not even Spurs players care about that... Spurs are from San Antonio 3rd smallest market.. No other small market will ever accomplish what San Antonio has done...so who cares about repeating... who cares about comparisons......

midnightpulp
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
I liked it better when Lanny was rooting against the Spurs and complaining about the refs over on Kobesground like the whiny bitch he is.

Figures The Gnome is involved in a poorly officiated game. Why is this ass clown ruining the NBA playoffs every Spring?

I hope Adam Silver has the balls to clean this mess up when he replaces Lucifer.

Griz over the *purs in 5.

I like Memphis in this series very much. The only chance the *purs will have is heavily manipulated BS games like the Tony Brothers debacle in Game 1 vs the Warriors.

If it is called straight up? They have no chance vs. Memphis.

midnightpulp
06-17-2013, 10:21 PM

No it wasn't, especially when you factor in the defensive side of the ball.

Kirby got his overrated ass lit up all season.

DMC
06-17-2013, 10:28 PM

You finally are playing a legitimate Finals opponent. You know it and I know it and the World knows it. Blow this 3-2 lead and you are doomed historically. Come through and close it out on the road and your team will finally get the historical credit you all crave.

It is all on the line, 7 pt underdogs in Game 6...I will be rooting for you but I admit I am skeptical. Fire away.

No one cares except LG and you, and you guys are praying the Spurs do what your overpaid facade could not; stop Lebron.

Also, tard, destiny cannot be changed. Otherwise it's not destiny.

HI-FI
06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
I liked it better when Lanny was rooting against the Spurs and complaining about the refs over on Kobesground like the whiny bitch he is.

wow, i know i bitch about officiating because of my paranoid-ridden mind, that and Stern is a shady mofo, but a Lakerfan should never, under any circumstances, bitch about officiating. they have a few titles thanks to Stern's MJ 2.0 project in Kobe.

hilarious he says none of our rings mattered compared to Laker's titles, ya know like the Pistons that beat one of the most stacked teams in NBA history the year prior.

the Lakers have never, at least in the Shaq/Rapist/MVPau era, ever faced a team as good as this Heat. if Spurs can pull off the miracle, it blows all of their shit out of the water imo.

They're only rooting for us because they despise Lebron for some reason, dude isn't even nearly as much of a cancer as Kobe.

midnightpulp
06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
No one cares except LG and you, and you guys are praying the Spurs do what your overpaid facade could not; stop Lebron.

Also, tard, destiny cannot be changed. Otherwise it's not destiny.

:lol

Just about to post about Lanny's retarded thread title. "Historical Destiny" makes no fuckin' sense at all. It's a contradiction, since history defines the past, while destiny defines the future. I think the word this moron was looking for is "legacy."

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 10:51 PM
The historical legacy was already cemented a long time ago by 4 championships. A 5th is just the cherry on top of the cake.

spurraider21
06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
No it wasn't, especially when you factor in the defensive side of the ball.

Kirby got his overrated ass lit up all season.

:lmao

telling a laker fan to factor in defense

:lmao

Sean Cagney
06-17-2013, 11:01 PM

Best team we have played? The 04 PISTONS who whooped LA's ass handily in the Finals might be up there too.

LakerLanny
06-18-2013, 08:10 PM

Jesus, the two fixers I mentioned along with Irish Mike. My advice is turn off the tv right now, this will be a fix job for Miami for sure.

HemisfairArena
06-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Jesus, the two fixers I mentioned along with Irish Mike. My advice is turn off the tv right now, this will be a fix job for Miami for sure.

When the NBA gave Kobe the Finals MVP over Pau Gasol against Orlando...you knew the NBA was fixed.