PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually believe that...

MANUNG-Ginobili
06-17-2013, 08:25 PM
the Spurs can steal 1 game heading back to Miami and get that elusive Larry O'Brien trophy. Yes, we've done that in game 1 but that was really close and the Spurs played poor during the course of the game.
Thoughts guys?

chapnis
06-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Well if the Spurs managed to steal a game while playing poorly then surely they can steal one while playing well.

Kidd K
06-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Yep.

Before the series started, what I could forsee the Spurs' road to the title being was them taking one of the first two, 2 of their 3 at home, and one of the last two.

I didn't think the Spurs could win 3 straight or start of 2-0 at Miami, so the position they're in is exactly the position they realistically could get in to win the title.

It isn't a guarantee obviously. . .but this is exactly where our Spurs need to be. We just need to win a single game and not lose two. . .and we take the title.

Game 6 will be the best chance to take it assuming it's officiating normally. The Heat will get super depressed and scared any time the Spurs go on a run and the Spurs will get excited every time they go up. The Heat may also end up having trouble keeping leads if they build one then start to lose it. After all, if they lose it's done. For us, we just need to win for the title.

Game 7* of course makes it the same for both teams (lose and go home), only the edge goes to the Heat for it being in Miami. So I'm hoping the Spurs go take it in game 6.

*If neccessary

ironman2886
06-17-2013, 08:32 PM
So Spurs played poor and still won in Miami? What is the problem? Pretty sure Spurs are playing better right now.

sananspursfan21
06-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I love self-contradictions...

Blind Witness
06-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Not only do I think the Spurs can win Game 6, even if they lose (which I believe entirely plausible) I still believe they have the resolve to win Game 7.

Big middle finger to all of you who have zero faith in the Spurs winning a Game 7.

Hater= props.

MANUNG-Ginobili
06-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Well if the Spurs managed to steal a game while playing poorly then surely they can steal one while playing well.

very true. hopefully, they keep the fire burning.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-17-2013, 09:25 PM
2011 Mavs did. Why can't the Spurs?