PDA

View Full Version : Telfair is going to be great.

tlongII
07-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Just thought I'd post this little game report snippet from DraftExpress on Telfair in the Vegas Summer League...

Sebastian Telfair - Telfair looks healthy to me after sitting out the 2nd half of Portland's last game, and he is playing like it here. He is once again the best player on the floor for either team. Telfair is getting into the lane whenever he pleases to either finish the play himself or find one of his teammates with a beautiful lob or bounce pass. His ball-handling and stutter steps are too much for his matchups (Gilchrist or Stepp) to handle, he gets by his man with his eyes closed, tucks the ball in like a running back and finger rolls it in with the greatest of ease. He was also stroking the ball very well from mid-range and behind the arc, which is huge for him considering that was always his biggest weakness along with his size. If that wasn't enough, he is also playing fantastic on ball defense, getting in his man's chest, moving his feet quickly and letting his outstanding hands do the rest. He's already picked Gilchrist and Stepp's pockets a couple of times and taken it all the way for the basket. There isn't much more to say really, this kid is just the best PG you will find here in Vegas, and he's only 19 years old on top of that which is flat out scary. You can tell that he wants to be great. Gilchrist tried to get into a pissing match with Telfair and challenged him possesion after possesion. I don't think I need to hint at who won that one.

Kori Ellis
07-15-2005, 01:28 PM
If Portland gets Antonio Daniels (it looks like he's begging to go there) then will he start ahead of Telfair?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 01:30 PM
im not sold on marbury jr yet

picnroll
07-15-2005, 01:30 PM
lottery team forum

batman2883
07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Thats a good question with Nate McMillan being the coach of Antonio in Seattle, he might just put Telfair behind Antonio to learn some new things from a veteran. However i see Telfair taking over before the All-Star Break.

tlongII
07-15-2005, 01:36 PM
If Portland gets Antonio Daniels (it looks like he's begging to go there) then will he start ahead of Telfair?

I doubt it. Telfair is pretty much taking over this team. He wants to be the team leader and he wouldn't be as effective if he were coming off the bench.

TheTruth
07-15-2005, 01:37 PM
The first power battle in the new Portland camp? Nates AD vs Nash's Telfair.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 01:38 PM
I doubt it. Telfair is pretty much taking over this team. He wants to be the team leader and he wouldn't be as effective if he were coming off the bench.

i can't take any players who get endorsements in high school seriously if they're not named James

Tobias
07-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Look at how "good" his cousin turned out forum.

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 02:49 PM
lol

nkdlunch
07-28-2005, 02:50 PM

Antonio Daniels??? I thought he's going to the Wizards

ducks
07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
kori posted that before he agreeded with wizards

nkdlunch
07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
oh damn. What's up this these old threads popping up. we must be bored