PDA

View Full Version : There should be a movie made of the this Spurs dynasty.

EVAY
06-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Win or lose over the next two games, the story of the Spurs over the last 16 years would make an epic sports and human character movie.

And Ed Asner should play Popovich. LOL!!

Who would play everybody else?

MANUNG-Ginobili
06-18-2013, 11:38 AM
win or lose? what are you talking about? win or win! we should win this one..duh!

LarryDavid
06-18-2013, 11:42 AM
This has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this site.

EVAY
06-18-2013, 11:44 AM

You don't read your own posts, Larry?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-18-2013, 11:44 AM

Then you haven't read many threads.

ohmwrecker
06-18-2013, 11:45 AM
You don't read your own posts, Larry?

No, He's right. It's dumb.

mandel17
06-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Of course it's a no-bainer that Matthew Modine would play the role of Cherokee Parks.

mrsmaalox
06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I can see Daniel Day Lewis as Manu :lol

mandel17
06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
No, actually it's an interesting topic. I guess some folks on here are just too cool for the rest of us......

EVAY
06-18-2013, 11:52 AM

That really would be funny, wouldn't it?

Spurs 4 The Win
06-18-2013, 11:54 AM
I think Pop will write a book one day and we will find out there was a lot more behind the scenes drama than we thought.

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2013, 12:02 PM
I remember being at a Christmas party in 2001 at a Doctor friends house. Another doctor (not my friend) was very loudly going on and on about how the Spurs window was closing and how bad they sucked, they were slow, not athletic, etc. I couldn't stand it and called his ass out. I told him they had this guy stashed in Europe I'd watched film on named Manu Gonobili that was gonna be a real game changer for the Spurs....and they won the championship the next year.

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2013, 12:07 PM
I think Pop will write a book one day and we will find out there was a lot more behind the scenes drama than we thought.

Pop would NEVER write a tell all book and throw players under the bus like Phil Jackson did.

CitizenDwayne
06-18-2013, 12:08 PM

What would possibly make you think that?

SA210
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
I've always said a movie should be made about the Spurs run. They can make a film about Oakland A's, they can make a movie about The Spurs. :tu

Budkin
06-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Gotta win first.

MVPCues
06-18-2013, 12:11 PM

You made this thread worthwhile!

Spurs 4 The Win
06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
What would possibly make you think that?

Pop seems like a guy that will sit in his vineyard and sip some wine while he is reflecting on the past. He will probably want to write a book about how the Spurs affected his life. It will be a while before he writes the book though.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I vote Walken as Pop. You need someone who can convey the awkward tension of his in game interviews with an underlying sense that he might murder the reporter at any time. Possibly Kevin Spacey. Or Spacey doing his Walken impersonation while playing Pop.

Daniel Day Lewis would be a great Manu, but that's the sort of role that I see Hollywood rewriting as a zany foreigner comic relief. Best case scenario Jim Carrey rechanneling Andy Kaufman as Latka. Worse case scenario Rob Schneider. "Manu, I can't keep bailing you out of jail. What the hell were you even doing with a gun at The Quarry?!?!"

"Couch Cheep tell me prahkteez shooting zee ruck!"

David Robinson. Between the piety and being seen as a wisened mentor to young Timmy I fear The Admiral is destined to be rewritten as a Magical Negro of the highest order. I picture a scene set at the ATT center a few days after the championship win. Tim Duncan steps out on the court after clearing his locker out for the summer and finds Robinson standing at center court at attention, gazing up into the rafters.

"Dave, I wanted to talk to you before you left. Just my good luck."
"There's no good luck in this world, Tim. Only the good that people do with it."
"Right. Well, I just wanted to say thanks. You've helped me so much these last five years. I'd never tell Pop or the rest of the guys this, but I don't know how I'll do this without you."
"Don't you see, Timothy? You already have. My job was only to bring you here. The rest was up to you."
"Wait, what do you mean your j-"
*A bright flash of light blinds Tim, and as his vision returns he finds himself alone on the court. Frantically he looks around for any sign of the man he was just speaking to. As he makes one last slow turn around the empty arena his eyes finally lock on the same spot in the rafters where David had been staring so intently. In the rafters is the jersey of his friend. His mentor. #50. Robinson. 1989-...1997*
(History gets the rewrite here, as the Spurs got the #1 pick after the death of David Robinson. With the 96-97 season off to a shaky start, following yet another loss to the hated Jazz a drunk and despondent Pop sets fire to the Alamodome. The Admiral, defying his coach's drunken demands to let him burn, throws his coach over his shoulder and tosses Pop to safety moments before being consumed under an avalanche of flaming debris. Pop, wracked with guilt, vows to never have a center on his team again. The Spurs win the 99 and 03 championships playing 4 on 5. Pop is finally able to let go of his past and start playing 5 on 5 again, but out of his own private fear of losing Tim like the last one, he never allows Tim to be classified as the center.)

Duncanforthree
06-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Bwahahahahaaha!

tesseractive
06-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I vote Walken as Pop. You need someone who can convey the awkward tension of his in game interviews with an underlying sense that he might murder the reporter at any time. Possibly Kevin Spacey. Or Spacey doing his Walken impersonation while playing Pop.

Daniel Day Lewis would be a great Manu, but that's the sort of role that I see Hollywood rewriting as a zany foreigner comic relief. Best case scenario Jim Carrey rechanneling Andy Kaufman as Latka. Worse case scenario Rob Schneider. "Manu, I can't keep bailing you out of jail. What the hell were you even doing with a gun at The Quarry?!?!"

David Robinson. Between the piety and being seen as a wisened mentor to young Timmy I fear The Admiral is destined to be rewritten as a Magical Negro of the highest order. I picture a scene set at the ATT center a few days after the championship win. Tim Duncan steps out on the court after clearing his locker out for the summer and finds Robinson standing at center court at attention, gazing up into the rafters.

"There's no good luck in this world, Tim. Only the good that people do with it."
"Right. Well, I just wanted to say thanks. You've helped me so much these last five years. I'd never tell Pop or the rest of the guys this, but I don't know how I'll do this without you."
"Don't you see, Timothy? You already have. My job was only to bring you here. The rest was up to you."
*A bright flash of light blinds Tim, and as his vision returns he finds himself alone on the court. Frantically he looks around for any sign of the man he was just speaking to. As he makes one last slow turn around the empty arena his eyes finally lock on the same spot in the rafters where David had been staring so intently. In the rafters is the jersey of his friend. His mentor. #50. Robinson. 1989-...1997*
(History gets the rewrite here, as the Spurs got the #1 pick after the death of David Robinson. With the 96-97 season off to a shaky start, following yet another loss to the hated Jazz a drunk and despondent Pop sets fire to the Alamodome. The Admiral, defying his coach's drunken demands to let him burn, throws his coach over his shoulder and tosses Pop to safety moments before being consumed under an avalanche of flaming debris. Pop, wracked with guilt, vows to never have a center on his team again. The Spurs win the 99 and 03 championships playing 4 on 5. Pop is finally able to let go of his past and start playing 5 on 5 again, but out of his own private fear of losing Tim like the last one, he never allows Tim to be classified as the center.)
Ok, you are officially scary at this. Please, never use this talent for evil.

TDomination
06-18-2013, 03:26 PM
We got our guy for when year 2004 comes into action for the movie.

WILL SMITH as BIG SHOT ROB

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/samstheman513/BVlj6NxPHWNl.jpg (http://s295.photobucket.com/user/samstheman513/media/BVlj6NxPHWNl.jpg.html)

Keepin' it real
06-18-2013, 03:31 PM
There should be a movie made of this Spurs dynasty.

Lol, and people think the Spurs' TV ratings are low. This movie would shatter box office records, and not in a good way.

davidbowie
06-18-2013, 03:32 PM
directed by wong kar wai

TDomination
06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
jigsaw as cia pop,

i wanna play a psychological game

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/samstheman513/gregpop_jigsaw.jpg (http://s295.photobucket.com/user/samstheman513/media/gregpop_jigsaw.jpg.html)

Spur|n|Austin
06-18-2013, 03:40 PM

He's been quoted on saying he would never write and book and that "people don't wanna read what he has to say". Obviously that's crap because I'd buy his book in a heart beat.

Keepin' it real
06-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Director: Shalyman M. Night

Starring:
Droopy as Tim Duncan
http://data.whicdn.com/images/55644700/droopy_large.jpg

Jerry Mouse in a cameo as Tony Parker and Ime Udoka
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/Monzerelli/Jerry.jpg

Jamie Farr as Manuuuuuuu
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/715901/farr.jpg

With S Epetha Merkerson as Kawhi Leonard
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11896-19125.jpg

And Meryl Streep as Coach Pop

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/pub/21publish/c/conversation/Meryl_Streep_4.jpg

xellos88330
06-18-2013, 04:57 PM
That would be a long fucking movie tbh.

Aztecfan03
06-18-2013, 05:03 PM
We got our guy for when year 2004 comes into action for the movie.

WILL SMITH as BIG SHOT ROB

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/samstheman513/BVlj6NxPHWNl.jpg (http://s295.photobucket.com/user/samstheman513/media/BVlj6NxPHWNl.jpg.html)

and if it's made at least 6 years from now, possibly Jaden as Kawhi.

doobs
06-18-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.90smovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/balki-bartokomous.jpg

ElNono
06-18-2013, 05:09 PM
tbh, the thought has crossed my mind before, and the person that I thought should play the Popovich role should be spursfan Tommy Lee Jones...

Libri
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Faizon Love as Blair or Diaw.

http://www.bet.com/topics/f/faizon-love/_jcr_content/topicintro.topicintro.dimg/011713-celeb-topic-faizon-love.jpg

Floyd Pacquiao
06-18-2013, 05:27 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Adrien_Brody_2011_Shankbone.JPG/220px-Adrien_Brody_2011_Shankbone.JPG

EVAY
06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Adrien_Brody_2011_Shankbone.JPG/220px-Adrien_Brody_2011_Shankbone.JPG

OMG! What a total Manu!

EVAY
06-18-2013, 06:38 PM
tbh, the thought has crossed my mind before, and the person that I thought should play the Popovich role should be spursfan Tommy Lee Jones...

I thought about him too, but Asner has the 'curmudgeon' thing down so perfectly. Tommy Lee just keeps playing Tommy Lee, regardless of the role.

EVAY
06-18-2013, 06:40 PM

Outstanding!! Love it! Sort of combination of Hoosiers and The Green Mile.

EVAY
06-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Director: Shalyman M. Night

With S Epetha Merkerson as Kawhi Leonard
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11896-19125.jpg

Never saw the resemblance before, but you could really be on to something here. Wonder if there is a family tie somewhere?

EVAY
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I remember being at a Christmas party in 2001 at a Doctor friends house. Another doctor (not my friend) was very loudly going on and on about how the Spurs window was closing and how bad they sucked, they were slow, not athletic, etc. I couldn't stand it and called his ass out. I told him they had this guy stashed in Europe I'd watched film on named Manu Gonobili that was gonna be a real game changer for the Spurs....and they won the championship the next year.
Wouldn't you like the find the guy today and ask him how his prognosis talents are coming along?

ohmwrecker
06-18-2013, 06:50 PM
This thread is still dumb, but how are you guys overlooking Adrian Brody as Manu?!

Edit: Oh, shit. Never mind. I should read page 2 before I post.

Cane
06-18-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E4TmZG-gWI

Make Billy Crystal play another ref

DMC
06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Movie gets made:

Spur fan: wow a movie about the Spurs

Non basketball fan: Who the fuck are the Spurs?

ESPN: Kobe catches three ling and a dorado, highlights at 8.

DMC
06-18-2013, 07:00 PM

Best poster on the forums hands down.

You should be a columnist if you aren't already.

DMC
06-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Outstanding!! Love it! Sort of combination of Hoosiers and The Green Mile.

The Green Mule
The story of a coach and his 1st over draft pick who chose to serve out his military time instead of going for the riches. A man who ran off the satanic worm with a good book and a sharp tongue. Their enduring friendship would go on until that draft pick chose another coach to induct him into the Hall of Fame, at which point the coach promptly lowers the retired jersey and wipes his ass with it before rehoisting it.

superbigtime
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM

THAT would be some fascinating shit.