PDA

View Full Version : How heart breaking would be if Spurs lose this series at this point??

hater
06-18-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm talking in historical perspective. would it be the most painful biggest series defeat in Spurs history?

IMO, I think so. The only other more painful series defeat are the 04 Fisher bullshit and the 06 Mavs. I'd say maybe in this order:
1. 06 Mavs defeat
2. 13 Heat defeat
3. 04 Fisher defeat

so all in all, at least this won't be the end of the world if we were to lose? or am I kiddin myself? :cry

oh and how many days/weeks would it take you to recover from such a loss??

1 day? 2? 1 week? 1 month?

IMO it's hard to imagine, but it would take me at least 3 weeks to recover

davidbowie
06-18-2013, 04:02 PM
i'd kill myself lol

:flag:

TDomination
06-18-2013, 04:03 PM
i say .4 and 06 hurt more but its because i truly believe the spurs will not lose this year.

those years were our "prime" years, 2 years wasted!

but hypothetically speaking, if we were to lose i don't think it would hurt as much as those other years

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-18-2013, 04:05 PM
As a Rangers fan, I lived through almost this exact scenario two years ago when the Rangers took a 3-2 lead to St. Louis and lost Games 6 and 7 to the Cardinals in the World Series.

Texas was leading 7-4 in Game 6.

The Rangers were just one out away from the championship. Just. One. Out.

It would be akin to the Spurs having a 12-point lead entering the fourth quarter of Game 6 and then losing it all to a buzzer-beater in the last second, thus forcing Game 7.

Blind Witness
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm going to be honest- it would be the worst one for me.

The WCF when Strickland threw that stupid-ass turnover to Portland stung also.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
But to return to the topic of the thread, I still think Fisher's 0.4 would be the worse defeat.

Because the Spurs only had two championships at the time. Now they have 4, and their legacy is pretty much cemented.

The way the Spurs lost to the Lakers was also much more demoralizing, unless they lose in a buzzer beater tonight.

davidbowie
06-18-2013, 04:07 PM
But to return to the topic of the thread, I still think Fisher's 0.4 would be the worse defeat.

Because the Spurs only had two championships at the time. Now they have 4, and their legacy is pretty much cemented.

The way the Spurs lost to the Lakers was also much more demoralizing, unless they lose in a buzzer beater tonight.

agreed. plus it's the friggin Lakers.

hater
06-18-2013, 04:07 PM
As a Rangers fan, I lived through almost this exact scenario two years ago when the Rangers took a 3-2 lead to St. Louis and lost Games 6 and 7 to the Cardinals in the World Series.

It would be akin to the Spurs having a 12-point lead entering the fourth quarter of Game 6 and then losing it all to a buzzer-beater in the last second, thus forcing Game 7.

motherfucker! that's depressing

a loss to me would be akin to losing the World Cup final by way of penalties. Worst and most painful way to lose imo :lol

btw, this is about a series loss, not just a loss tonight

davidbowie
06-18-2013, 04:09 PM

wasnt it even one strike away? :shootme

RD2191
06-18-2013, 04:09 PM
I'd probably stop watching sports altogether. Tbh. Call me whatever you want but as a Cowboys fan for the past 10 years I just cant take losing anymore.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-18-2013, 04:11 PM
very

ElNono
06-18-2013, 04:12 PM
First Finals loss would suck, tbqh... especially since this could legitimately be the last shot for the big 3...

But putting things in perspective would help... we were far from the favorites going into this season, we were certainly the underdogs in this series. A lot of people didn't think we would even get to the finals, much less force a game 7...

With that in mind, I would probably be much more grateful to the team for a hell of a season and a ride, than being absolutely bummed we couldn't get over the hump.

Now if we manage to pull it off... oh mama!

timvp
06-18-2013, 04:12 PM
No idea tbh.

TE
06-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Itd be up there imo... a part of me wants to expect us to lose so it'll be easier to get over but who the fuck am I kidding...

Jenks
06-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Nothing can ever be worse than .04, because of Duncan's shot before it.

MmP
06-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Well I dont understand how 92% of this board belives it wont happen (or at least dont really considerate it). Heat is gonna go out and attack to the throat from minute 1. Spurs have to take the punch and keep it close.

HemisfairArena
06-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Its a sport. An outlet from the regular daily grind of our lives. It wouldnt take me more than an hour if we lose to get over it. I would still have to get up, go to work, pay bills,... continue to plod along. The outcome of a sports event or series is not gonna make me go into some sort of depression for a day...two...a month...ect...If anything...I would probably just bitch about one of the players sucking instead of crying over it and then be done with it.

capek
06-18-2013, 04:19 PM
:nutkick:

hater
06-18-2013, 04:20 PM
ya ya'll right. A loss this series could not be worse than 04. I know of multiple ppl breaking shit in their house after the 04 shot, and they were'nt even Spurs fans :lol

I stand corrected
1. 04
2. 13
3. 06

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Whenever I get nervous about this outcome, I try to imagine things from a Heat fan's perspective.

A 66-16 Heat team with home court advantage, won 27 games in a row at one point, going up against a 58-24 Spurs team..........and losing.

Three consecutive Finals appearances with only one title to show for it.

The Big Three of Bosh, Wade and James possibly parting ways.

Most of the nation is rooting for the Spurs, and the ridicule is sure to make itself heard. A lot of fans will be delighting in a Heat loss.

Have to hear all that talk about how "the team-oriented Spurs" beat the "free-agency, superstar' Heat.

iminol
06-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I say... Try to use my old trick. I bet money on Heat, third time this series tonight.

If Heat win, I got money.
If Spurs win, F.U.C.K. the money.

Call it "iminol" personal insurance.

ThePop
06-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I cried after .04 (granted I was 11 years old) but this will be more heartbreaking. Back then regardless of what happened we had an excellent shot at winning the title every year. This is the last shot in who knows how long and losing after being 1 win away from winning it all will be crushing. I might be an old man the next time we win, who knows.

How heartbreaking? Words cannot describe how depressed I will be.

spursfan09
06-18-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't know how it would compare vs the other heartbreaking losses. I'm over those. Especially since we won the championship in 05 and 07, right the next year after such a heartbreak.

We are up in this series, this really is the last go around. so I think this one would be the worst Loss!

Keepin' it real
06-18-2013, 04:24 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4l8v3AsDQ1qaboh9o4_250.gif

phxspurfan
06-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Not that bad. I came to terms with the thought of us losing after the Heat tied it at 2-2. They looked very strong and we looked like we were lucky to be here. The team that really should be playing them is the Thunders.

Thanks again, Beverley :]

But yeah, I'm just glad we got to prove the haters wrong once again and have the Spurs push the champs to the brink. No one thought we'd even be close to making the finals.

But one more win and I'd be ecstatic. 5 rings! Duncan matches KoMe!

w00t

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-18-2013, 04:28 PM
wasnt it even one strike away? :shootme

I think so. Aaaargh.

TheTruth
06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
It'd be brutal. Not sure if it will top .04 or Manu foul though.

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2013, 04:30 PM
I'd be over it the next morning.

it's me
06-18-2013, 04:32 PM
I rather get freaking swept, that loosing being so close................. it'll be bad, very bad.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Honestly, I don't think it's something you would get over. You would think about it for years. The pain never goes away.

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't even think this is the last go round. Duncan is gonna be single and poppin strange all summer and he is gonna come back to camp thinkin he is 25 again. Tony is at the peak of his career and we have a great supporting cast. The fat lady ain't singin yet.

midnightpulp
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
All depends on how the Spurs lose.

If Lebron and Wade step up and take it from the Spurs with some historic efforts (moreso Lebron), while Green cools off, I won't be too bummed. The Spurs have defied statistics and expectation in every one of their wins with record breaking, statistical aberrant performances (the 4 turnovers in game 1, the 87 threes in game 3, 60% percent shooting in game 5). In other words, they have been playing way over their heads, so if they come back down to Earth in these last two games, I'll take solace in the fact they stepped up for those wins and gave themselves a great shot to win the title.

If the Spurs have a Golden State game 1 type collapse, culminating in a buzzer beater, it would beyond heartbreaking. Or if one of the beloved big 3 misses a potential game winning freethrow.

All I ask for is no choke jobs. I can live with Miami outplaying the Spurs and earning it, but a blown 20 point 4th quarter lead or something would be a fuckin' painful pill to swallow.

StoneBuddha
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Much worse than even '06 for me for all the reasons already stated. Knowing that this is likely the lost run would make it hard to get over.

cheguevara
06-18-2013, 04:37 PM
ya, how is this the "last run" :lol dramatic spursfans

Duncan hasn't even exercised the Baby Fetus option yet. Duncan munches on some baby fetus and applys some baby fetus lotion during the offseason and Spurs still contenders IMO

Beaverfuzz
06-18-2013, 04:37 PM
If Miami holds serve and win, more power to them. San Antonio got the home court after game one, Miami stole it back after game four. If it happens, it happens.

But it's not going to happen.

slick'81
06-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Epic meltdown the like spurstalk have never seen

Budkin
06-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Not sure tbh. I never expected the Spurs to be back here and never thought anyone had a chance in hell against the Heat until they faltered in the playoffs. My mindset has shifted back and forth between peace and despair at the thought of losing. Then Manu broke out the other night and it restored hope that we could take it... one fucking win away... Man this all seems like the perfect storyline and there have been so many great moments this run. I want the title so bad I can taste it so it's probably going to be pretty devastating to my psyche if we lose it, especially to the Heat. Please God don't let it come to that. Pretty please? http://www.ukurbex.com/public/style_emoticons/default/praying%20smiley.gif

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I gotta say I really hate this Heat team.

chrisattsu
06-18-2013, 04:43 PM

Fuck Nelly Cruz.....

superjames1992
06-18-2013, 04:44 PM
04 wasn't The Finals. This would be the worst, tbh, IMO. Plus, this is our last chance. If we don't win this year, it's probably over.

I'd seriously have problems getting up on Friday if the Spurs manage to blow these last two games.

LarryDavid
06-18-2013, 04:45 PM
For me 2006 was the worst, maybe because I was at game 7.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Fuck Nelly Cruz.....

Preach!

Budkin
06-18-2013, 04:46 PM

I'm not a fan of Rangers or Cards but I watched that series. All I could think of was that I couldn't even imagine what that would have felt like. To be one strike away TWICE, and to lose. Then in game 7 to take a 2 run lead and lose again. Holy shit that must have wrecked you.

Budkin
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM

If Lebron and Wade step up and take it from the Spurs with some historic efforts (moreso Lebron), while Green cools off, I won't be too bummed. The Spurs have defied statistics and expectation in every one of their wins with record breaking, statistical aberrant performances (the 4 turnovers in game 1, the 87 threes in game 3, 60% percent shooting in game 5). In other words, they have been playing way over their heads, so if they come back down to Earth in these last two games, I'll take solace in the fact they stepped up for those wins and gave themselves a great shot to win the title.

If the Spurs have a Golden State game 1 type collapse, culminating in a buzzer beater, it would beyond heartbreaking. Or if one of the beloved big 3 misses a potential game winning freethrow.

All I ask for is no choke jobs. I can live with Miami outplaying the Spurs and earning it, but a blown 20 point 4th quarter lead or something would be a fuckin' painful pill to swallow.

This. Getting blown out is so much easier to take then choking out to a loss in the last seconds. Even fighting all the way back and then losing is easier to take.

slick'81
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Like people have said u couldn't write a better script for this spurs team but this ride isn't over just yet

cheguevara
06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
really? getting blown out is better? I think Spurs getting blown out for 2 games will mean they completely and utterly choked. No way, I rather have Spurs fighting and keeping it close and if they lose due to a shot or a ref, then so be it. but at least compete and have a chance til the end.

easjer
06-18-2013, 04:52 PM
It would really depend on how they lost. Blowing a huge lead and dropping game 6 in a lackluster performance and going on to watch Manu brick up bad 3-pt shots while Duncan hung out completely unguarded under the basket would be wildly different than losing a very close game in which they played very well, but MIA's long-range shots were falling and a LeBron long 3 rimmed in at the buzzer and they just couldn't get over the top in game 7. Or different than if TP/TD went down tonight with a side-lining injury.

I'd be very angry if the first scenario happened, just because you know they COULD be better.

But I honestly believe the Spurs were the better team in 04 and 06 and it was crushing to watch them lose the way they lost. 2006 even more than 2004, because in 2004, they had another game and another opportunity to win and they blew it. In 2006, they got robbed in one game on a bad call that earned a made free throw and lost by a point, and Manu was as boneheaded as they come. FFS, Timmy D had to receive IV fluids after the game he gave so much. That is way more crushing than someone being injured and being unable to topple MIA here.

The games they've won in this series were bona fide mood enhancers. Brilliant, fun, amazing to watch and just out of this world to enjoy (in retrospect, lol). I will appreciate this Finals run for games 3 and 5 no matter what. That is worth a lot.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Defeat would hurt more just because of the opponent, the Heat.

Losing to the Pacers, while bad, wouldn't hurt as bad, in my opinion.

Sean Cagney
06-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Its a sport. An outlet from the regular daily grind of our lives. It wouldnt take me more than an hour if we lose to get over it. I would still have to get up, go to work, pay bills,... continue to plod along. The outcome of a sports event or series is not gonna make me go into some sort of depression for a day...two...a month...ect...If anything...I would probably just bitch about one of the players sucking instead of crying over it and then be done with it.

I agree with you on this here! Good post.

KaiRMD1
06-18-2013, 04:57 PM
06 hurt more because Manu did a reverse of what he did this year in the Warriors series. And worst off, Manu decided to flop that last play instead of passing it to a wide open Robert Horry. So that stupid Manu foul wasn't the end of the world. But whatever, if we lose this series now, I hope it's because of the Heat playing good and not some bullshit with the refs.

ducks
06-18-2013, 04:59 PM
i hate the heat it would be BAD

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Spurs fans will call me out for this, but I'm not expecting a win tonight or Thursday. Not saying the Spurs won't win, I'm just not getting caught up in the mindset that the series is over like others have. So for me, this certainly would not be be as disappointing as those two losses in 04 and 06.

baseline bum
06-18-2013, 05:04 PM
I'd probably be pissed over it for a couple of hours until going to sleep, but then in the morning realize a Spurs fifth championship wouldn't really help my resume anyways tbh.

SpursWoman
06-18-2013, 05:04 PM
My gut feeling from the very beginning of the season was that I just KNEW that somehow, some way they were going to end up in the Finals, only this would be the first time they wouldn't be the last team standing. So if the Heat prevail I will be bummed, no doubt ... but not terribly surprised. The Heat are a formidable opponent.

But I don't know, these last few weeks I feel a lot more confident in our boys in silver & black. I just hope mentally they all made the flight. :fro

Libri
06-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Very

DubMcDub
06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
I'd probably be pissed over it for a couple of hours until going to sleep, but then in the morning realize a Spurs fifth championship wouldn't really help my resume anyways tbh.

Strong.

phxspurfan
06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
It'd be brutal. Not sure if it will top .04 or Manu foul though.

For me it goes

1. 2004 (.04, Parker killing it in the first two games to put the Spurs up 2-0 and then getting backdoor swept)
2. 2006, Manu foul against Dirk
3. 2001, Juwan Howard's flagrant foul when he slammed Derek Anderson to the ground, separating his shoulder
4. 2002 demolition at hands of the Lakers (Shaq standing over DRob on the floor with his back spasms I think. And realizing the FO put absolutely zero talent next to Duncan that year, especially shooters)
5. 2011 sweep at the hands of the Grizz (8 vs. 1 seed) (Manu breaking his elbow on the last and meaningless game of the season...WTF)
6. Last year's backdoor sweep versus the Thunderefs and Harden's ridiculous shots (coupled with the fact that Harden couldn't buy a bucket against the Heat...wtf man)
7. This year if it happens (way, way down the list since this team is hella old and overachieved)
8. 2010 Suns sweep Spurs. Goran Dragic going HAM

ontheraise
06-18-2013, 05:25 PM
for me we are freerollin this year, it ''ll hurt sure if we loose against this team, they are so cocky, but heat were the favorite and still are. it will be an humiliation for them if they loose.so it 'll not be that hard.

mrsmaalox
06-18-2013, 05:28 PM
It would be a brutal heartbreak---but I've had some big ones and so have my Spurs, we're gonna be just fine :)

VBM
06-18-2013, 05:30 PM
https://pivco.net/images/00001668.jpg

ALVAREZ6
06-18-2013, 05:34 PM
The most recent. Time has fully healed the others.

BatManu20
06-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Obviously it would be heartbreaking. Which is exactly why we need to win tonight. One more win.

baseline bum
06-18-2013, 05:36 PM
1995 was the only disappointment that took me a while to get over.

Robz4000
06-18-2013, 05:37 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, prolly a 6. I still feel the Heat can and will pull this out, and I have a calm acceptance because of it.

SnakeBoy
06-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Seeing the Heat win would hurt more than seeing the Spurs lose tbh. I never really believed this year so this is all gravy to me.

spursince#99
06-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Man Fuck That. On A scale From 1-10 losing This year would DEFINITELY be A 10. WHY? Because it just seems like destiny and Fate For us To win our last 1 with The Big 3. I mean seriously, The Miraculous comeback Game 1 against The Warriors, Game 6 against The Warriors where Steph AND Klay both had in and out 3's, Westbrook being hurt For The Playoffs, Parker's shot in Game 1, Game 3 and 5 of This series also? I would never get over losing This year, and not only would I not get over it, I'd probably never watch basketball again. Unless The Spurs were playing :lol no but seriously I would almost certainly believe The NBA was rigged and literally stop watching The NBA except For Spurs games.

HemisfairArena
06-18-2013, 06:00 PM
The series that no one is bringing up is the 2011 playoffs losing as a 1 seed to the 8 seed. We havent heard the end of that til this year. People said we choke in the playoffs, we are nothing but a regular season team ect...This year we swept the Grizz and made the Finals and that put an end to all that. I'll actually be more upset when Timmy hangs them up than if we lose this series...if that makes sense.

Juggity
06-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Seriously? Losing this would not be bad at all unless by buzzer beater or something flukey.

The Spurs have wayyy outperformed all expectations for them this season. I am completely satisfied with the way they have acquitted themselves in these playoffs.

A title would be great, of course, but to my eyes, pushing the Heat to seven games at worst or winning in 6 was truly an unfathomable outcome at the start of this season. Proud of the Spurs and what they've accomplished this season. This has been an epic chess match of a finals series.

rascal
06-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I'd probably stop watching sports altogether. Tbh. Call me whatever you want but as a Cowboys fan for the past 10 years I just cant take losing anymore.

This why the Spurs will be moving out of town when the spurs go through losing years after Duncan. The fans will not support a losing team for long. they have been spoiled.

rascal
06-18-2013, 06:43 PM
1979 was the worst. Got cheated out of going to the finals. Most here won't remember that. The first title is the best and often the hardest to get because it is the first time to the top. It took many years and tough losses until the Spurs reached the top in 1999.

RD2191
06-18-2013, 06:44 PM
This why the Spurs will be moving out of town when the spurs go through losing years after Duncan. The fans will not support a losing team for long. they have been spoiled.

Not me, I only started watching during the 07-08 season. Turned on the tv one day and they were playing the celts. Had no idea they were champs or even who the Spurs were.

HemisfairArena
06-18-2013, 06:57 PM

Spurs arent moving anywhere. This isnt the 1980's when they flirted with the idea of moving to Kansas City before David Robinson arrived. San Antonio has grown by leaps and bounds since then...a major plant like Toyota moving here suggests just that, Sea World, Six Flags, ect.... Hell the New Orlean Saints were as close as close can get from moving here permantly after the Katrina hurricane. We are working on our 5 title and the foundation of sports in San Antonio. We funded a 60,000 seat Alamodome...and then built them a new AT&T Center.

rascal
06-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Spurs arent moving anywhere. This isnt the 1980's when they flirted with the idea of moving to Kansas City before David Robinson arrived. San Antonio has grown by leaps and bounds since then...a major plant like Toyota moving here suggests just that, Sea World, Six Flags, ect.... Hell the New Orlean Saints were as close as close can get from moving here permantly after the Katrina hurricane. We are working on our 5 title and the foundation of sports in San Antonio. We funded a 60,000 seat Alamodome...and then built them a new AT&T Center.

They will move if they lose money and fan support goes down the drain with a losing team. There will be more attractive cities vying for an NBA team.

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-18-2013, 06:59 PM
I have learnt to move on from sports losses very quickly as I understand I do not play the game and have zero control over it. The daily life I actually live takes enough effort and concentration that me being glum over my sports team for a few days blah blah is not worth it. I also coach basketball and that is a different story. That takes a day if we lose as I am much more involved.

HemisfairArena
06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
They will move if they lose money and fan support goes down the drain with a losing team. There will be more attractive cities vying for an NBA team.

Thats exactly why they wont move. The city has grown outrageously...hell we are the 7th largest city in the US. There will always be people having the money here to fill a 17,000 seat arena.

SpurPadre
06-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Not that bad. I came to terms with the thought of us losing after the Heat tied it at 2-2. They looked very strong and we looked like we were lucky to be here. The team that really should be playing them is the Thunders.

Thanks again, Beverley :]

But yeah, I'm just glad we got to prove the haters wrong once again and have the Spurs push the champs to the brink. No one thought we'd even be close to making the finals.

But one more win and I'd be ecstatic. 5 rings! Duncan matches KoMe!

w00t

I'm sorry but this whole notion of the Thunder "should be in the Finals because Westbrook injury" is such utter bullshit and insulting to this Spurs team. Yeah, they beat us last year but guess what, this Spurs team is better than last year's and the Thunder lost Harden. I hope if we can pull this thing off, people drop this bullshit premise and give credit where credit is due.

DMC
06-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Not bad at all if we play our best. It's a golden opportunity, never happen again with this group (until next year), but they have to take it because no one is going to give it to them.

We've gotten past where I said I would be content, so I'm not moving the goalposts now. I just hope don't feel the same.

DMC
06-18-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry but this whole notion of the Thunder "should be in the Finals because Westbrook injury" is such utter bullshit and insulting to this Spurs team. Yeah, they beat us last year but guess what, this Spurs team is better than last year's and the Thunder lost Harden. I hope if we can pull this thing off, people drop this bullshit premise and give credit where credit is due.

You'd have a point if we weren't backdoor swept last season. If we beat them, sure.. but we didn't. So with all else being equal, the benefit of the doubt goes to the one who says it would be the same as last year.

SpurPadre
06-18-2013, 07:17 PM
You'd have a point if we weren't backdoor swept last season. If we beat them, sure.. but we didn't. So with all else being equal, the benefit of the doubt goes to the one who says it would be the same as last year.

And who was part of that backdoor sweep last year that is no longer on the Thunders? Harden, and he was a primary reason why that happened. And the Spurs are much better defensively than they were last year. Let's not forget we've managed to win 3 games so far against Miami while last year's Thunder could barely muster 1 win against them...and Miami is better now. No excuses, the best two teams are still standing.

DMC
06-18-2013, 07:21 PM
And who was part of that backdoor sweep last year that is no longer on the Thunders? Harden, and he was a primary reason why that happened. And the Spurs are much better defensively than they were last year. Let's not forget we've managed to win 3 games so far against Miami while last year's Thunder could barely muster 1 win against them...and Miami is better now. No excuses, the best two teams are still standing.

You're speculating though. Manu also wasn't up to snuff this playoff season. There's way too much room for speculation, so by default you have to say we had an easy road, and that for all intents and purposes, the Thunder would likely be in the Finals (and have lost by now) had RW not gone down.

Oddly Hollins might still have his job if they didn't make it to the WCF and give their owner false hope.

SpurPadre
06-18-2013, 07:26 PM
You're speculating though. Manu also wasn't up to snuff this playoff season. There's way too much room for speculation, so by default you have to say we had an easy road, and that for all intents and purposes, the Thunder would likely be in the Finals (and have lost by now) had RW not gone down.

Oddly Hollins might still have his job if they didn't make it to the WCF and give their owner false hope.

You're speculating as well and not giving your own team credit.

Sean Cagney
06-18-2013, 07:37 PM

I did not want to see a Miami Thunder final after last year! That one was horrible! The Thunder seem scared of Miami to this day even! Both times they got crushed, no need to see that lopsided series again this year THANK GOD.

Maybe they would maybe they would not! THANK GOD they are not though because the Heat flat out own them. 5 game series or 6 IT MIGHT have been if the Thunder were lucky.

LoveMySpurs
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Laurel Ridge will fill up fast, and there will be a shortage of Zoloft.

jstep13
06-18-2013, 07:44 PM
In my eyes, it will be disappointing but not the end of the world. Coming into this season and these playoffs, no one gave the Spurs any chance whatsoever. I feel like they are playing with house money at this point. It's rare that I carry the mentality a Laker fan would, that it's championship or bust. That's how they feel every year and I feel sorry for them. They can never just enjoy a hard fought season that was played with sheer heart like the Spurs do.

Spurs have a lot of bad losses, too many to count. But for me, the most disappointing were the Rockets in 1995, those early 00 beat downs by the Lakers (those really really sting), the sweep by the Suns, 2006 versus the Mavs and of course .4. All of those losses were 1000x worse than losing to the Heat this year. It's all about house money this year.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-18-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm talking in historical perspective. would it be the most painful biggest series defeat in Spurs history?

IMO, I think so. The only other more painful series defeat are the 04 Fisher bullshit and the 06 Mavs. I'd say maybe in this order:
1. 06 Mavs defeat
2. 13 Heat defeat
3. 04 Fisher defeat

so all in all, at least this won't be the end of the world if we were to lose? or am I kiddin myself? :cry

oh and how many days/weeks would it take you to recover from such a loss??

1 day? 2? 1 week? 1 month?

IMO it's hard to imagine, but it would take me at least 3 weeks to recover

I honestly don't understand this dude. Every post he makes is negative - doom and gloom, this guy or the other guy sucks, etc (except TP of course)

benefactor
06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
They shouldn't be here with Duncan at 37. It would be the sweetest of the championships if they won it but I would appreciate the journey of this magical run if they didn't.

urunobili
06-18-2013, 08:09 PM
crushing tbh

Tim_duncan21
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
that 04 Fisher sucks. We could've won that championship

thOOdee
06-18-2013, 08:25 PM
fuck this thread

CGD
06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
I feel we've been playing with house money tbh. Wouldn't be heartbroken

Budkin
06-19-2013, 12:09 AM
This is the worst. By far.

Robz4000
06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
I was wrong, it feels pretty god damn bad. At least .4 and 06 wasn't this close yet so far.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-19-2013, 12:26 AM
I have a feeling this thread is going to be very busy for weeks to come......

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-19-2013, 12:29 AM
As a Rangers fan, I lived through almost this exact scenario two years ago when the Rangers took a 3-2 series lead to St. Louis but lost Games 6 and 7 to the Cardinals in the World Series.

I am seeing history repeat itself. This is just awful.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Manu needs to take the podium and retire after game 7.. Greg Popovich needs to beg Tim Duncan's forgiveness in public.

eric365
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Up 5 with 28 sec to go in a close out game in the NBA finals :(

Trifecta
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
This would be the toughest as I would have to hear the media drool over Lebron and the heat all summer while they talk about how close the spurs were to winning it all! Talking about a game of "inches" or "seconds" to be accurate!

I'd have to stop watching sports for awhile and wait for the NFL to start only to do this again when the Cowboys let me down !!!

I cannot watch game 7 live ---- to tough to do under these circumstances!

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Fuck!!! This sucks :bang:depressed

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM
well we just did the Texas Rangers.....

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
I feel so awful I can't even put it into words.

LakerHater
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Fuckin coach POP!!

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM

Fuck me.

It had to happen, didn't it?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
This. Getting blown out is so much easier to take then choking out to a loss in the last seconds. Even fighting all the way back and then losing is easier to take.

And it happened!.............. :(

Rapper
06-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Losing Game 6 means losing the series

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
And it happened!.............. :(

Kill me.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Fuck me.

Unreal. Just... smh

Doe
06-19-2013, 01:19 AM
In the grand scheme of things to be this close and possibly lose out on a ring due to a missed free throw here and there would be horrible for the players. But, it's felt like they're playing with house money all playoffs long, so for me personally it wouldn't be that bad. The Fisher shot will be my lowest moment in sports history. I'll never go from such a high to such a low in that short of a time span again...hopefully.

DJ Mbenga
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
this is awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwO16-qeKU&feature=youtu.be

hater
06-19-2013, 03:19 PM
anyone would like to try another stab at this question??

:lmao

told you bitches. Spurs lose game 6. Spurs in 7. :rolleyes still doubting the Hater

of course there's still the possibility Spurs will quit. If Spurs quit, then Heat win it. Remember my formulas and computations don't account for injuries and they don't account for teams quitting.

I still think they won't quit, they are withing a stone's throw still. One last push.

btw, with the way game 6 was lost, I think this potential loss is definitely way ahead of the Mavs 06 loss. And I'm going to have to say, if Spurs quit and we lose 7 badly, this loss is probably going to be the WORST SERIES LOSS IN SPURS HISTORY. By far. Damn didn't think .4 could ever be topped :wow

oh well :lol still Spurs in 7

hater
06-19-2013, 03:25 PM
This would be the toughest as I would have to hear the media drool over Lebron and the heat all summer while they talk about how close the spurs were to winning it all! Talking about a game of "inches" or "seconds" to be accurate!

I'd have to stop watching sports for awhile and wait for the NFL to start only to do this again when the Cowboys let me down !!!

I cannot watch game 7 live ---- to tough to do under these circumstances!

r u serious. come on game 7 will be fun

hater
06-19-2013, 03:26 PM
I honestly don't understand this dude. Every post he makes is negative - doom and gloom, this guy or the other guy sucks, etc (except TP of course)

well. I'm sorry if I don't live in fantasy lala land. This is reality, this is real life. Fucked up shit happens in reality

oski1000
06-19-2013, 03:27 PM
This is the worst....

romsho
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM

To be clear, it was actually on strike. Twice. Ouch.

chrisattsu
06-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I am seeing history repeat itself. This is just awful.

I harkened back to this thread as the game ended... the feels man. My gut just had the feels again

Death In June
06-20-2013, 12:37 PM
This would sting more. The Spurs have played and beaten the Mavs and Lakers in the playoffs since .4 and '06. Assuming this is the last opportunity for a championship the Duncan era spurs have, there will be no revenge playoff game.

davidbowie
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
stop bumping this shit lol

easjer
06-20-2013, 01:22 PM
LOL - yep, we had to put it out there for the basketball gods to show us this pain. :lol

Yeah, this one's gonna hurt for a good long time, but I've chosen to appreciate the fantastic year we've had. I hope they do it, for Timmy's sake, mostly, but if they don't, painful as it is, I think I'll be glad we had the chance.

Still, it's ridiculously hard to get over the trophy being prepped for presentation, kwim?

Sean Cagney
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Fuck me.

Why wouldn't it happen?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-20-2013, 01:35 PM

told you bitches. Spurs lose game 6. Spurs in 7. :rolleyes still doubting the Hater

Well, let's see about that 10 hours from now.

Btw, what exactly are you a "Hater" of? (your screen name)

of course there's still the possibility Spurs will quit. If Spurs quit, then Heat win it. Remember my formulas and computations don't account for injuries and they don't account for teams quitting.

But how do we know this isn't your cop-out tactic? That regardless of whether the Spurs lose 100-99 or 100-70, you could always claim that the Spurs "quit" and therefore still claim you were right?

smaka
06-20-2013, 01:54 PM
It would be the worst for me. 04' I was 10, 06' 12, no difference. But this... this... :cry

Please Spurs, do it for all the fans!

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Ya it will such but honestl nothing ccompared to game six for me. I'm some what expecting a loss but it better be a fight. I did not think they would win game six and thought game seven for sure. Who knows what will happen tonight but it sure will be interesting since this series has been crazy

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-21-2013, 01:33 AM

oh well :lol still Spurs in 7

About that prediction..............

hater
06-21-2013, 05:17 PM
oh well my calculations were wrong after all. Well not really, I actually faked the numbers a bit cause after all I'm a spurs fan. Calculations showed Heat in 7 :(

Still I'll take the fall. I was wrong :(

I have sold my servers on ebay. Nothing but pen and paper for me from now on :lmao

therealtruth
06-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Maybe Pop should have rested the starters in game 6?