PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker better have a historic game 7..

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2013, 11:13 PM
It's pretty evident that he was gunning for Finals MVP tonight, tbh..

Shabazz
06-18-2013, 11:22 PM
I get really tired of him ignoring wide open teammates to force bad shots.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-18-2013, 11:49 PM
He ignored Duncan on at least 3 pick and rolls in OT. I have no fucking clue why he wanted to be Russel Westbrook in that overtime

Josepatches_
06-18-2013, 11:50 PM
pretty selfish tbh.

But he made 2 clutch shots

apalisoc_9
06-18-2013, 11:57 PM
I've been saying this all year long about tony parker. He is flat out terrible in recognizing teamates.

Baam
06-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Lol at trying to put it on him.

tim_duncan_fan
06-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Fuck Tony. I can't wait for Duncan to retire so we can see Parker's Allen Iverson act in full form and watch it fail. I'm sure he'll shake the failure off by fucking Danny Green's wife.

freetiago
06-19-2013, 12:02 AM
TBH his teammates couldnt make plays
only bad one i remember was LEonard wide open in the corner behind him that he took to long to play
its obvious the team lost faith in Splitter as Miami completely ignored him and so do the Spurs

and Ginobili....
Parker hero is better then the 90% chance Ginobili bricks/turnovers

Darius McCrary
06-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Tony was gassed to shit and got lucky with that crazy 3 pointer. He probably will be gassed after the 1st Q next game.

DAF86
06-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Fucking attention whore, it was so evident how he hogged the ball when everybody thought we had it in the bag. Fucking pussy ass selfish faggot hollywood wanna be.

And before anyone comes with the Manu vs Tony shit I already shitted on Manu on another thread so fuck you. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

DAF86
Fucking attention whore, it was so evident how he hogged the ball when everybody thought we had it in the bag. Fucking pussy ass selfish faggot hollywood wanna be.

And before anyone comes with the Manu vs Tony shit I already shitted on Manu on another thread so fuck you. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

shingo_318
He really did a good job at the end of 4th quarter, just not good enough...

Hope Spurs rebound well and grab a win.

I will not watch live 7th game, just can't hold my heart and emotion...

Anyway, good job Spurs, whatever the outcome is, I'll appreciate it.

Thank you!

06-19-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. It was probably the first time Parker decided to go into Kobe mode, just extremely selfish basketball. But that was something I could live with, Parker was aggressive and he had 8 assists and ZERO turnovers. The offense was still humming along. It was when Ginobili took control that everything fucked up.

Josepatches_
06-19-2013, 12:13 AM
6/23

Kobe is a better ball hog tbh.

I hope TD gets his 4th MVP. He deserves more.

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2013, 12:15 AM
thanx for those 2 huge shot but you're are one blind selfish mother fucker!

sexinthatsx
06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Parker should've recognized that he would be the focal point of the Heat's defense after those two clutch plays. Had a ton of open looks for his teammates but never made the extra pass. FML

timmy2003
06-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Tony made 2 clutch shots. This loss was on Manu.

m33p0
06-19-2013, 12:24 AM
tony parker, 6 for 23. still kept looking for his jumpshots.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Parker couldnt make shit, Manu cant pass, and KL cant make fts.

There goes #5

cute_spursfan
06-19-2013, 12:26 AM
this nigga aint bout shit. smh hope his GF leaves him for...the gardener

$pursDynasty
06-19-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't know if he can, Spolestra's big adjustment was instead of trapping TP, put Bron on him and everyone else stick to the shooters. It worked for the most part except it left TD open to go beastmode. Will they do it again? I would, what are the odds Timmy can have that kind of a game twice in two days? Now if they go back to trapping TP, TP can feast, or feed the shooters but if they keep this up they need another historic performance from Tim and another scorer to step up and not turn the ball over while the Heat's best defender is occupying TP.

TNTDFan
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Parker had his eyes on fmvp not the finals it was completely disgraceful start Cojo to send a message.

Baam
06-19-2013, 12:40 AM
TP won the game when it was lost already and somehow Pop lost it again.

tim_duncan_fan
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Takes two guys with him on the pick and roll.

Doesn't think anyone is open.

cjw
06-19-2013, 12:45 AM

There goes #5

NOBODY should be blaming Kawhi here. What a game he had. One missed FT doesn't make a bad game.

Hindsight is 20/20, so would have rather tackled Allen on that three. Would have had more time to get off a real shot at the end of regulation!

TDfan2007
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Parker was too scared to pass. He played selfishly, especially in the 4th/overtime, and the Spurs paid for it.

Unless Timmy has another 30+ point game in him this shit is over.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 12:49 AM
He'll be historically bad in game 7...

Tony looked like he wanted to throw up at the post game..

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
It's also worrisome that Parker's only success against Lebron has been on miracle shots like the banker in game 1 and the step-back 3 tonight..virtually every Spurs possession with Parker ISO against Lebron has resulted in an ugly possession, tbh..

I would have liked to see Kawhi touch the ball down the stretch, he had Chalmers guarding him when Parker was being guarded by Lebron..Leonard had 20 points in this game, he's nearly automatic inside, at this point..

Tim_duncan21
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
He should've given up taking those force shots..

Josepatches_
06-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Even his clutch 3 wasn't the best play. He dribbled a lot and he had to take the shot because the clock was ending. Luckily it was in but nobody would play for a TP's 3 one on one against Lebron down by 3 in the last 2 minutes.

The shot against Chalmers was much better & classic.

But too much forced shots. This is not Spurs Basketball. At least no turnovers but he missed 17 shots. I Can't agree about a historic game 7 from him. Hope he will be focused on to get his teammates involved.

About Manu you can't expect anything from him. He can have a big game sometimes because he had an amazing talent but he's pretty much done. He should play less minutes.

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Last play on regulation Parker had Green wide open behind him when chalmers went for help. (kinda like the Roger Masson GW 3 vs the Suns on Christmas) smh

Limguogolo
06-19-2013, 09:31 AM
He just should stop to play hero-zero-ego-ball, ignoring Duncan and his outrageous % or Green as his contender for the Final MVP. At least, if he wants to play for himself, he should drive to the paint; if he's exausted he should take the pick, penetrate in the mid zone then create for others. When you have player like Neal, it's ok, you know that he can't pass the ball, but Parker knows perfectly how to create for others. That's worst. In front of King James, he wants to be more royalist than the king... and actually James moves the ball far better than he does, not because he's more skilled, but because he doesn't want to. Iso is for Duncan, Iso could be for Parker with an advantaged matchup, instead of this, run the floor, use the screens, take advantage from team work. Hero balls has never helped in any team especially in this one. You just force the issue throwing horrible shots, and if you make it (at poor %) you're a hero. Basketball fans shouldn't be pleased by a late shot in the first game. Parker will make it once on ten attempts, that's not basketball, that's not Spurs Basketball. And he goes back in this game twice with a miracle 3s and an even uglier 3s after hitting the first one (which was actually a shot to take, once having snobbed the rest of the team). And that's also Pop's fault: during all the game, the philosophy of the game is to share the ball, trying to found the open guy and the easy basket; then when it's crucial you ask for heroball and one on one situation? Better players with the ball, I agree, but if, during the possession, a player has a better shot or a better matchup he has to have the ball. Even Diaw wouldn't refuse a shot if he recognizes a favorable matchup.

Other thing is that Parker seems most of time, exhausted. That's normal situation. But he (and Pop) has to accept it and play in an appropriate manner. It seems that Parker, when he's tired, can't run anymore, therefore penetrates, therefores takes jump shots. He can make jump shots in his left spots, but when he's tired, he starts to shoot off balance and misses all of these. So, playing smart, it's playing here as a playmaker. When you have Duncan, Kawhi or Green who can all shoot the ball with high percentage after one of his passes, you pass this damn ball. It's time for Pop to recognize this and ask Parker to play smart. I've never understand this "being more aggressive" issue... Parker would be always very aggressive. He better be pushed to shared the ball and play for other (as Lebron does -- yes). Parker has no TO, again... he can, when he never passes the ball. He could be great playmaker, but he doesn't want to be; the best playmaker at the moment, it's Diaw (with the turnobili series). To Pop to recognize this or you can pray for another bad Heat game: Spurs are better, but playing smarter, as Spurs has always trying to do, would make them even better. No need to have Westbrook for the last game of the series instead of a well-coached Parker. Win the game, Tony, and you can leave the Final MVP trophy to Patty Mills on the behalf of the Spurs TEAM. And being better means letting/helping other Spurs players to be better.

Brazil
06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
No words for how stupid is the he wanted his FMVP bull shit this why he sucked

ducks
06-19-2013, 09:36 AM

There goes #5

duncan missed three throws
manu missed was biger he had been in finals before not kl
8 turnovers

Kidd K
06-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't put much blame on Parker. If he just hit a few more of his shots nobody would be acting like he didn't play well. Parker didn't fuck up very much besides missing some shots. And he was clutch at the end of regulation which SHOULD have led to a win if not for the free throw choking of Ginobili and Leonard, and Pop's micromanaging to take out Duncan so they could contest the 3 better rather than play the percentages and keep some rebounding in there.

On the blame list, Parker is near the bottom for me. He's the only reliable ball handler we have who won't just constantly throw the ball away when pressured. That's a huge responsbility that he handled extremely well. Bottom 2 or 3 on the blame list imo (Duncan being practically 100% blameless). Ginobili is #1 by far, and you've got to be blind as fuck to not think so. Pop would be #2 for the repeated bad decisions in the 4th.

spursfan09
06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
He made two baskets to put the Spurs up by with 28 seconds left. The championship was won. He did have his Finals MVP. It was all down hill after that. I don't blame him for this loss. I think the biggest mistake was taking Tim out and giving up two offensive rebounds. Had we got a rebound we would have sealed the game. I don't blame Pop either for not playing Tim Duncan, but he should have stayed in for rebounding purposes.

EVAY
06-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Just who was he supposed to pass it to at the time? Tim was 0 for the fourth quarter and overtime. Manu was - well we know how Manu was in last night's game. If Tony had given it to Manu, he would have another turnover. Face it, Lebron upped his game in the fourth and beat Tony on defense and beat every damn Spur on the floor on offense.

The game loss was not what we did wrong. Anybody. The loss was a close ball game that could have gone either way.

IF
IF
IF
IF

Fill in the blanks. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

EVAY
06-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Poor, pathetic you!!! You get mad because people who are so much more talented and skilled than you are played their hearts out and came up short. So what do you do? You start finding one person after another to blame for your feelings, and start in on character assassinations on people you don't know and will never get to know.

Get over yourself!

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Tony doing Stevie Francis over-dribbling/hogging in late minutes is fatal. That's not how he got the Spurs into winning position.

DAF86
06-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Poor, pathetic you!!! You get mad because people who are so much more talented and skilled than you are played their hearts out and came up short. So what do you do? You start finding one person after another to blame for your feelings, and start in on character assassinations on people you don't know and will never get to know.

Get over yourself!

Oh noes, I get off on professional athletes that get millions of dollars and don't read what I write, I'm such a loser :cry If they suck, they suck. If I feel like venting, I will vent. If you don't like me to call Tony for the egomaniac selfish attention whore that he is ignore me or don't, I don't give a fuck. It's just a fucking sports board.

Josepatches_
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
6-23 can't help to win games. He played his role to lose the game.

If Duncan was scoreless in the 4th or OT it was because we didn't set a play for him. And Tony was the PG of the team

And yes, tony made 2 clutch shots but without those shots Parker's game would be one of the worst at this point of his career.

therealtruth
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Parker hasn't found any one on the pick and roll all series. That jumper on Bosh was a bad idea even if it hadn't been blocked.