PDA

View Full Version : A few scenarios the Spurs might be looking at...

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 03:35 PM
1. Sign a veteran backup point like NVE or Mighty Mouse for the bench and dealing Rasho for Marshall:

Bench
1 Udrih
1 NVE or Stoudamire
1/2 Barry
2 DBrown
3/4 Marshall
4 Horry
4/5 Oberto

2. Dealing Rasho for Marshall and then signing DDavis:

Bench
1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 DBrown
3/4 Marshall
4 Horry
4/5 Oberto
4/5 Davis

3. Sign young small forward free agent (DJohnson, JJones or RWhite) and deal Rasho for Marshall:

Bench
1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 DBrown
3 Johnson or Jones or White
3/4 Marshall
4 Horry
4/5 Oberto

-MB

TheTruth
07-15-2005, 03:42 PM
option 3 please.

clubalien
07-15-2005, 03:47 PM
source?

TheTruth
07-15-2005, 03:53 PM
rumors, what this site is built on.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm the source. Hence the reason the subject of the thread reads: " A few scenarios the Spurs might be looking at..."

JUUOT
so marshall is the next spurs target?

Marcus Bryant
so marshall is the next spurs target?

The Spurs have been reported to have an interest in acquiring Marshall.

T Park
07-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Ill take option 1

Having Marshall Horry Oberto and Nick the quick or Demon coming off the bench??

Thats one hell of a bench.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Option 2 would make the Spurs long and tall and they wouldn't lose much in team speed or outside shooting with Marshall seeing some minutes at the 3:

2. Dealing Rasho for Marshall and then signing DDavis:

Bench
1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 DBrown
3/4 Marshall
4 Horry
4/5 Oberto
4/5 Davis

Twisted_Dawg
07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
.....So as the Spurs GM, would you trade Rasho without signing Narz to an extension? Would you trade Rasho and attempt (gamble) on signing Narz next summer when he is a free agent? Would you be willing to pay him $10+ million per year in bidding against other desperate center hungry teams? And his game will look real good in his contract year and playing with Tim, Manu, Pop, etc. Would you as the Spurs GM be willing to face the reality next summer that you do not have a Rasho or a Narz? Now is just trading Rasho really practical if we do not have Narz locked up? And if you do not think Narz will command that kind of money, just look at the list of top paid centers. After Shaq and Ben Wallace, the next three scrubs make a lot of money.....more money than Narz makes now and he is better than them.

FromWayDowntown
07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
The Spurs have been reported to have an interest in acquiring Marshall.

. . . for quite some time now.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 04:17 PM
. . . for quite some time now.

That does make one wonder. Who knows? I'm sure he has certain places he might want to end up. But if those aren't possible, perhaps the Spurs have a shot.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
.....So as the Spurs GM, would you trade Rasho without signing Narz to an extension? Would you trade Rasho and attempt (gamble) on signing Narz next summer when he is a free agent? Would you be willing to pay him $10+ million per year in bidding against other desperate center hungry teams? And his game will look real good in his contract year and playing with Tim, Manu, Pop, etc. Would you as the Spurs GM be willing to face the reality next summer that you do not have a Rasho or a Narz? Now is just trading Rasho really practical if we do not have Narz locked up? And if you do not think Narz will command that kind of money, just look at the list of top paid centers. After Shaq and Ben Wallace, the next three scrubs make a lot of money.....more money than Narz makes now and he is better than them.

What if you think Oberto is good enough that it doesn't matter? Not that I expect him to be so, but you never know.

Also, your argument sounds like a good reason to move Nazr before the trade deadline next season.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2005, 08:54 PM
another MB classic :tu

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Yes, the Spurs have never tried to deal Rasho, had no interest in Marshall and have no interest in NVE nor any of the younger swingmen listed.

benjirh
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Are you talking about Donyell. Because he just signed a multi-year deal with the cavs. So first of all we cant trade for him until well into the season. Second, why would the cavs sign him and then deal him for Rasho. I don't get it.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Are you talking about Donyell. Because he just signed a multi-year deal with the cavs. So first of all we cant trade for him until well into the season. Second, why would the cavs sign him and then deal him for Rasho. I don't get it.

Um, the thread was started on July 15th.

SenorSpur
08-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Option 2 would make the Spurs long and tall and they wouldn't lose much in team speed or outside shooting with Marshall seeing some minutes at the 3:

Good suggestion, MB. However considering CLE just acquired him this summer to improve their 3-point FG shooting and ability to open up the floor, I doubt they would allow any team to pry him away.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 09:47 PM
07-15-2005

Solid D
08-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Isn't it just a bit ironic that Can't Be Faded resurrected this thread and would not allow it to FADE away? :fro

Slo spurs fan
08-23-2005, 01:46 AM
What about option 4:

Donīt trade Rasho! :nope

Cant_Be_Faded
08-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Isn't it just a bit ironic that Can't Be Faded resurrected this thread and would not allow it to FADE away? :fro

ironic indeed :smokin

15% of me resurrected this thread to see the reaction of people who did not read the post dates, and it paid off beautifully lol

i should dig up more MB classix