PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Coaching Choke Job I've ever witnessed

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I was screaming at why Pull the greatest PF before James hit the first 3 of an offensive rebound. Then to do it again is inexcusable.

To make things worse he decides to not call timeout and Keep our MVP on the bench the last 8 secs of OT with one shot to win the game.

If Pop doesn't except responsibility he loses this team and we have no chance in game 7.

If he apologizes and ask the team to bail him out they will. Spurs are a better team.

EIC
06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Countless terrible coaching decisions.

Not the least of them is playing Manu way too many fucking minutes. We were up by at least 10 when Manu came in and pissed it away. It was so obvious that Miami was licking their chops when Manu was in and trapping him so that he would make a ridiculous pass that they could pick off. What's that, Pop? Parker was tired? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!!! There is no tomorrow; it's a must win game! YOU HAVE LESS THAN A 1% CHANCE OF WINNING A GAME 7 IN MIAMI, you dumb POS.

Don't even get me started on pulling Duncan not once, but twice in critical situations. You know they are going to get one good look at the shot. You know this because, if you are half a coach, you will have told your guys NOT TO FUCKING FOUL. Your best hope is that they brick the shot and you get the rebound. Fuck, if only we had a consensus first fucking ballot Hall of Famer at power forward on our team who's, like, really fucking good at rebounds. Oh, wait! We do, and his fucking name is Tim Duncan. Too bad he's RIDING THE FUCKING PINE with the game on the line.

The Spurs were killing it with Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw, and Duncan, and Pop blows up the lineup down the stretch to put in Turnobili, Tiago "Stone Hand, Pussy Feet" Splitter, and Gary Neal. What the fuck!!! Ride your goddamn ponies into the ground. THERE IS NO FUCKING GAME 7 YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!!!

My only solace is that Pop will regret his bullshit coaching for the remainder of his life. And he deserves to.

Darius McCrary
06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Pop's only mistakes were taking Duncan out.

Why he did what Vogel did, we will never know. But he did it. And it sucks.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:21 AM

So you agreed with him not calling TO to put TP back in the game with 8secs left and one bucket to win the game.

Twisted_Dawg
06-19-2013, 12:21 AM
On Miami's last possession in the 4th after Leonard's FT, Miami is behind by three and inbounds with 19 seconds left. They dribble down and LeBron attempts a 3 point shot with 7 seconds left and misses, Heat rebounds and Allen hits a 3 to tie.

WHY DIDN'T POP ORDER A FOUL ON LEBRON BEFORE HE SHOT SENDING HIM TO THE FT LINE FOR 2 SHOTS?? Had we fouled him at the 10 second mark, he is shooting FT's and at worst we are up by 1 with the ball and 10 seconds to play and they have to foul us. I'll take our chances on a FT shooting contest rather than give those shooters a shot a 3.

Twisted_Dawg
06-19-2013, 12:22 AM
On Miami's last possession in the 4th after Leonard's FT, Miami is behind by three and inbounds with 19 seconds left. They dribble down and LeBron attempts a 3 point shot with 7 seconds left and misses, Heat rebounds and Allen hits a 3 to tie.

WHY DIDN'T POP ORDER A FOUL ON LEBRON BEFORE HE SHOT SENDING HIM TO THE FT LINE FOR 2 SHOTS?? Had we fouled him at the 10 second mark, he is shooting FT's and at worst we are up by 1 with the ball and 10 seconds to play and they have to foul us. I'll take our chances on a FT shooting contest rather than give those shooters a shot a 3.

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 12:23 AM
I agree. Series is over.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't understand the Duncan subs at all. I just don't get it.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:25 AM

Moot point with Duncan in the game to secure at least 1 of 4 defensive rebounds.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 12:27 AM
What's more disgusting is that Greg Popovich had the audacity to be snarky to the media and then the media lets him get away with it. Nobody called him on his shitty coaching and they need to. They need to ask "why do you not have parker in there for the last shot, you can call a time out".. Oh, why did you take Tim Duncan out when he is your best big at rebounding. Oh why didn't you foul? Why did you not play Tony or Tim to start the 4th and have virtually no shooters in the game to score while you're up by 10 and the crowd is waning?

Manu was just being Manu but playing that POS for 34 minutes and 8 turnovers? Unacceptable.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:28 AM

Choked. How about not calling TO to get TP back in. That would be like sitting Lebron on last offensive possession to win, no?

SpurSpurSpurs
06-19-2013, 12:28 AM

Vogel says HI!

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:30 AM
What's more disgusting is that Greg Popovich had the audacity to be snarky to the media and then the media lets him get away with it. Nobody called him on his shitty coaching and they need to. They need to ask "why do you not have parker in there for the last shot, you can call a time out".. Oh, why did you take Tim Duncan out when he is your best big at rebounding. Oh why didn't you foul? Why did you not play Tony or Tim to start the 4th and have virtually no shooters in the game to score while you're up by 10 and the crowd is waning?

Manu was just being Manu but playing that POS for 34 minutes and 8 turnovers? Unacceptable.

Pops arrogance will be his undoing. Team knows he cost them the game. If he doesn't own up to it we get blown out.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Pops arrogance will be his undoing. Team knows he cost them the game. If he doesn't own up to it we get blown out.

Tim needs to gather everyone around and tell him... not ask but tell them.. We're playing 48 minutes on Thursday.. I will not be subbed out if we have a lead, Manu you will not be running point whatsoever at all never touch the ball unless you're shooting.. Tiago Splitter just get on a plane and go home now.

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 12:34 AM
hard to argue with results but that change of splitter for duncan has worked earlier in the series. opting for more mobility for switches. so he just tried it again.

on the parker benching, he probably thought the spurs would need the timeout later.

both just didn't work tonight. so he's partly responsible for it but i wouldn't call the moves senseless.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Tim needs to gather everyone around and tell him... not ask but tell them.. We're playing 48 minutes on Thursday.. I will not be subbed out if we have a lead, Manu you will not be running point whatsoever at all never touch the ball unless you're shooting.. Tiago Splitter just get on a plane and go home now.

Tiago hit two buckets in the 4th and Manu for all his suckiness got big rebounds to almost seal the deal. Pop f'd up sitting Tim

SA210
06-19-2013, 12:35 AM

This is EXACTLY what my brother and I were calling for before that play ever went down. We were saying that if we were Pop we are fouling and still up one and win at the free throw line. For fucks sakes, the amount of HORRIBLE coaching choke job decisions of stupid ass Pop is fucking amazing, but I am NOT SURPRISED.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Add the lineup to start the 4th... 10 point lead down to 4 in like 2 mins... and out of the timeout, the dude sticks with it... what are you resting players for? they win this and they have 6 months to rest... smh

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
on the parker benching, he probably thought the spurs would need the timeout later.

There were 8 seconds left and we were down by 1. How much later to call TO?

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Tiago hit two buckets in the 4th and Manu for all his suckiness got big rebounds to almost seal the deal. Pop f'd up sitting Tim

Tiago hit buckets after being a weak ass and missing a lot of good opportunities. Manu turned the ball over in crucial times and decided he wanted to be the hero of game 6.. No fucking time out with 9 seconds to go to at least run a play and bring Parker in.

Skull-1
06-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Countless terrible coaching decisions.

Not the least of them is playing Manu way too many fucking minutes. We were up by at least 10 when Manu came in and pissed it away. It was so obvious that Miami was licking their chops when Manu was in and trapping him so that he would make a ridiculous pass that they could pick off. What's that, Pop? Parker was tired? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!!! There is no tomorrow; it's a must win game! YOU HAVE LESS THAN A 1% CHANCE OF WINNING A GAME 7 IN MIAMI, you dumb POS.

Don't even get me started on pulling Duncan not once, but twice in critical situations. You know they are going to get one good look at the shot. You know this because, if you are half a coach, you will have told your guys NOT TO FUCKING FOUL. Your best hope is that they brick the shot and you get the rebound. Fuck, if only we had a consensus first fucking ballot Hall of Famer at power forward on our team who's, like, really fucking good at rebounds. Oh, wait! We do, and his fucking name is Tim Duncan. Too bad he's RIDING THE FUCKING PINE with the game on the line.

The Spurs were killing it with Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw, and Duncan, and Pop blows up the lineup down the stretch to put in Turnobili, Tiago "Stone Hand, Pussy Feet" Splitter, and Gary Neal. What the fuck!!! Ride your goddamn ponies into the ground. THERE IS NO FUCKING GAME 7 YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!!!

My only solace is that Pop will regret his bullshit coaching for the remainder of his life. And he deserves to.

and one!

AMEN.

2centsworth
Add the lineup to start the 4th... 10 point lead down to 4 in like 2 mins... and out of the timeout, the dude sticks with it... what are you resting players for? they win this and they have 6 months to rest... smh

made zero sense. with all that, TP pulls off a miracle to get us in position to win until Pop pulls Tim on the last two defensive possessions. Tim, the best Spur in history who is ballin.

TheGoldStandard

Yup... Because Tiago was going to turn the corner and Manu was suddenly going to score 30.. Very fishy coaching tonight, very fishy

Skull-1
06-19-2013, 12:40 AM

Michael Corleone...

Skull-1
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM

Godfather II and III.... T. B. H.

Bill_Brasky
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
So many stupid little things that could have gone our way but didn't. It's not all Pop, our guys clanked BIG free throws that would have had us sealed.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 12:45 AM
LeBron should thank Pop. LeBron was just seconds away from a summer of criticism and doubt.

It wasn't all Spur fuck ups. Miami made some dramatic championship-caliber plays at just the right time.
I reckon Ray Allen now ranks right up there with Derek Fisher as a Spurs Killer. He's been tremendous for the Heat.

SouthernFried
Is there anyone in here, that DIDN'T know that MANU was going to have a shit game after his first 3 or 4 or 5 turnovers? It's only been his MO all season...1 good game, 2 bad games, etc.

Manu had his good game in game 5. He came out like shit in this game, and everyone knew how it would go.

Yet POP gave him even MORE minutes this game. IMHO, it's not even that close without Manu's turnovers. And that is totally on POP, for increasing his minutes in perhaps the worst game of MANU's career.

NRHector
Fuck you Pop if we lose this finals is on you, you dumb fuck

ctpsb
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM

Couldn't agree more. Frankly it's getting a little tiresome to always hear how "the Spurs are tired/fatigued, etc etc yet the teams that play them (Mavs, Heat) are sprinting around the court for 46 minutes and not getting tired. How many minutes did James play: 50, Chalmers: 43, Allen: 41 Duncan: 44, Parker: 43. Enough with they're tired/fatigue. It's Game 6 & 7 of the Finals. Run extras horses after practice if you need more conditioning.

LakerHater
06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Coach Pop fucked up!

ctpsb
06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Is there anyone in here, that DIDN'T know that MANU was going to have a shit game after his first 3 or 4 or 5 turnovers? It's only been his MO all season...1 good game, 2 bad games, etc.

Manu had his good game in game 5. He came out like shit in this game, and everyone knew how it would go.

Yet POP gave him even MORE minutes this game. IMHO, it's not even that close without Manu's turnovers. And that is totally on POP, for increasing his minutes in perhaps the worst game of MANU's career.

Manu TO's: 8 Rest of Spurs TO's: 5.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Sit Tony last possession for the win and give it to Manu.

Tony, who highhandedly won the game until Pop gave it back.

SpursOwn
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM
I was texting my buddy, Manu would come in and kill the lead. I was yelling at the TV for Timmy to come in and rebound, before Lebron's 3. Pop, you were a fucking moron tonight. And no ,that is not second guessing or any of that shit. Pop fucked up royally tonight. Fuckkkk.

ctpsb
06-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Yup... Because Tiago was going to turn the corner and Manu was suddenly going to score 30.. Very fishy coaching tonight, very fishy

And let me add it seems the Spurs had no offensive plays drawn up. Pop who's the master at drawing up plays had on two crucial possessions Parker dribble and force an awkward baseline shot, be blocked by Bosh after again dribbling out the shot clock. Also throw in no plays drawn up for Duncan who had 30 points at the end of the 3rd quarter and at the end of one more period and OT still 30 points -- not one point by Duncan in the 4th or OT. Something was not right.

LakerHater
06-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Fuck Pop!

Somehow Stephen Jackson seems truthfull!!

LongtimeSpursFan

Umm...stick to posting on the internet because you have no idea what the Hell you are talking about. Tim played 40+ minutes in regulation. Dude is 37 years old. We were up by 10 at the beginning of the quarter. He needs a blow and he needs his teammates to be able to produce enough to maintain lead (Splitter had 4 points while Duncan was out). Resting Timmy for two and a half minutes in the second half is not why Spurs lost game.

UZER
Manu doesn't just play bad. He gives the other teams too many points with his turnovers. Then...after all the turnover shit, he STILL hasn't learned his lesson and gives Bosh and and1.

ctpsb
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Umm...stick to posting on the internet because you have no idea what the Hell you are talking about. Tim played 40+ minutes in regulation. Dude is 37 years old. We were up by 10 at the beginning of the quarter. He needs a blow and he needs his teammates to be able to produce enough to maintain lead (Splitter had 4 points while Duncan was out). Resting Timmy for two and a half minutes in the second half is not why Spurs lost game.

It's not just Tim though. He took out Kawhi, Green, Diaw, Parker, etc. Don't take out most or all the group that built that lead all at once.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 12:58 AM

Look at the lineup that was out there, who was going to score? Certainly not weak ass splitter and certainly not Turnover happy Manu. I don't think Tim went to Pop and said, "Pop it's game 6, the trophy is waiting for us but I need to rest", You're running on adrenaline if not just hyped for the moment. Tony resting even though he didn't carry the load for the first half? That's just shitty coaching.. You have a 10 point lead and you go for the throat you don't ease off and hope to maintain a lead.. Shit, you call a time out as if that was going to help and you keep the same shitty players out there who had no momentum, no play called or anything to get them going.. nothing for Green or Neal?

Being 37 has nothing to do with being in the moment, 1 game and up by 10 and the crowd not into it..

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
No coach is perfect and will make bad decision during the game, but what he did at the end of regulation and OT are inexcusable.

SouthTexasRancher
06-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Pop is just too damn hardheaded for his own good. AndI'm getting damn tired of his childish, bullshit interviews where he tries to be cute. Get over yourself, Pop. Tonight was his worst coaching game I can remember. Some can say Manu cost us the game tonight but, Pop should have yanked his ass when all of us saw Manu no longer had it. He gave all he had in game 5 and at his age and with all his ailments it didn't take an Einstein to see he just didn't have it tonight.

Every NBA player alive wanted us to kick Lebron's ass and instead he kicked Pop in the balls. Maybe Pop got into a bad batch of Jamaican Rum thinking it was wine. He stunk the place up tonight. :ihit

ctpsb
06-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Look at the lineup that was out there, who was going to score? Certainly not weak ass splitter and certainly not Turnover happy Manu. I don't think Tim went to Pop and said, "Pop it's game 6, the trophy is waiting for us but I need to rest", You're running on adrenaline if not just hyped for the moment. Tony resting even though he didn't carry the load for the first half? That's just shitty coaching.. You have a 10 point lead and you go for the throat you don't ease off and hope to maintain a lead.. Shit, you call a time out as if that was going to help and you keep the same shitty players out there who had no momentum, no play called or anything to get them going.. nothing for Green or Neal?

Being 37 has nothing to do with being in the moment, 1 game and up by 10 and the crowd not into it..

And one!!

BackHome
06-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Well Said!!!

Skull-1
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM

And one!

Skull-1
06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
And one!!

And one and a tech!

g damn it! F f f f f ....ck ck!

SouthernFried
06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Pop is just too damn hardheaded for his own good. AndI'm getting damn tired of his childish, bullshit interviews where he tries to be cute. Get over yourself, Pop. Tonight was his worst coaching game I can remember. Some can say Manu cost us the game tonight but, Pop should have yanked his ass when all of us saw Manu no longer had it. He gave all he had in game 5 and at his age and with all his ailments it didn't take an Einstein to see he just didn't have it tonight.

This.

SpursSerb
06-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Why no TO 20 secs before the end of OT?Amateur coaching by Pop.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
:bang8 second chance points for Heat in 44 minutes of Tim on the floor.

6 second chance points in last 30 seconds of regulation with Tim spectating from the bench.

james evans
06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
popovich has the strangest substitutions i've ever seen. when someone is hot, he'll take them out the game for the rest of the quarter, when someone is fuking up, they play nonstop. he's been doing this for years. it bit him in the ass tonight

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:24 AM

6 second chance points in last 30 seconds of regulation with Tim spectating from the bench.

Anyone with any basketball sense at all thought wth is Tim doing on the bench. Pop's always gonna have a big but by his name unless he rallies the troops, but gonna take some contrition, which I don't think he has.

james evans
06-19-2013, 01:25 AM
No coach is perfect and will make bad decision during the game, but what he did at the end of regulation and OT are inexcusable.
he fuked up something as simple as having the best freethrow unit on the floor while being up by 2. why not have bonner in the game for leonard? he fuked up bad

SA210
06-19-2013, 01:26 AM

Wow, just fucking wow

mercos
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Riding Manu too long and not having Duncan out there to rebound on the Ray Allen 3 were big time fails. Keeping Duncan on the bench was perhaps the biggest fail, as Indiana made the same mistake with Hibbert in the ECF. Teams just keep letting Miami off the hook.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:30 AM
he fuked up something as simple as having the best freethrow unit on the floor while being up by 2. why not have bonner in the game for leonard? he fuked up bad

We just need to secure 1 or 6(according to AHF) defensive boards to win. We had enough points to win.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Got to get this off my chest before I go to bed.

F U Coach Greg "Bill Buckner" Popovich!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Riding Manu too long and not having Duncan out there to rebound on the Ray Allen 3 were big time fails. Keeping Duncan on the bench was perhaps the biggest fail, as Indiana made the same mistake with Hibbert in the ECF. Teams just keep letting Miami off the hook.

Was there any sound logic in Duncan not being able to defend the play the Heat were running?

mercos
06-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Was there any sound logic in Duncan not being able to defend the play the Heat were running?

Duncan said after the game it was standard operating procedure for them. I guess the Spurs always do that when the opponent needs a 3. I'm just not a fan of having no rebounder out there with a lot of time on the clock. The Heat kill us on second chance points as it is.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:27 AM
Would Phil Jackson have yanked Jordan out of a finals clincher with 28 seconds to play out of fear he could not guard someone or something??

Would Jordan have even gone to the bench... Tim should have told Pop to suck his dick..

I am not coming out of the game...

Baseline
06-19-2013, 02:27 AM
This loss is 1000% on Popovich. Period. Not fouling was enormous. But the most unforgivable thing I've ever seen is that after the game Tim had, he takes him out for the two most important defensive possessions of the season. And all we need is ONE rebound on either possession. And because Duncan was not in the game - again, Pop's decision - we gave up an offensive rebound and a second three-point shot on EACH possession. It's on Pop. He didn't let the players decide the game. And even worse, in what would have been the most memorable game of Tim's career, he didn't let Tim on the court for the most important possessions. If I were Tim, I'd strangle the guy in his sleep tonight.

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 02:29 AM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/stephen-jackson-thumbs-up.jpg?w=610&h=380

Baseline
06-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Was there any sound logic in Duncan not being able to defend the play the Heat were running? No, there wasn't. When they were down 5, there was no guarantee that they'd go for a three. Not having Tim in the game made things easier, because most people (including the announcers), thought they'd go for a quick two, especially with Tim not in there to guard the rim. Any way you slice it, things are much easier for Miami with Tim on the bench. Ask LeBron.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:31 AM

And was that all because Pop was scared to death about the Heat hitting a 3???

Guess what they did anyway POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:32 AM
No, there wasn't. When they were down 5, there was no guarantee that they'd go for a three. Not having Tim in the game made things easier, because most people (including the announcers), thought they'd go for a quick two, especially with Tim not in there to guard the rim. Any way you slice it, things are much easier for Miami with Tim on the bench. Ask LeBron.

There is just no getting around it Pop brain cramped and lost us a 5th ring... That's it..

slick'81
06-19-2013, 02:34 AM
No excuse for timmy not to b out there at the very least on that final play for Miami

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 02:35 AM
As much as I hate Phil Jackson, no way in hell he's losing that game up 5 with 28 sec. Not only Duncan would have been on the court, he'd probably foul LeBron

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:39 AM
As much as I hate Phil Jackson, no way in hell he's losing that game up 5 with 28 sec. Not only Duncan would have been on the court, he'd probably foul LeBron

Would Jackson dare pull Jordan in that spot out of fear??

That is what pisses me off to no end.. Pop pulled Duncan one of the 10 best players of all time and the main reason the Spurs have 4 rings because he was scared... Because he didn't believe in Tim to do his job there.. He seriously didn't believe in Tim... For fuck's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Would Jackson dare pull Jordan in that spot out of fear??

That is what pisses me off to no end.. Pop pulled Duncan one of the 10 best players of all time and the main reason the Spurs have 4 rings because he was scared... Because he didn't believe in Tim to do his job there.. He seriously didn't believe in Tim... For fuck's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on. Pop: "Hmm, let's see, the deciding moments that will determine whether or not we win our 5th ring..." "Duncan, get your Hall of Fame, top-10-of-all-time ass to the bench!"
Inconceivable.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Phil Jackson nailed Pop to the wall with his "Simulator Crew" crack.
Jackson must be laughing his ass off tonight.

Baam
06-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Pop is the one who has an inflated ego and not his superstar player. Unbelievable.

dg7md
06-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Tbh I don't think you can ever have the worst choke job in anything in a non must-win for the team.

Yes, it was horrible. We had it, but we still have one more chance to redeem it.

We have traded wins and losses the entire series and I was not surprised we lost 6.

I don't blame Pop for this, it was a technically sound play to have quicker defenders cover their shooters, Duncan is not very fast when it comes to rotating defense. The ball just went their way, is all.

HB22inSA
06-19-2013, 03:02 AM

I have been wondering this for 3 games now.

Rest time is over. I thought that's why Pop rested them was for THIS moment. And there they were, on the bench.

Parker, Duncan, Leonard, and Green all need to play 40+ on Thursday.

SA210
06-19-2013, 03:14 AM
As with many other years, Pop fucked the Spurs over. Not trusting Tim Duncan who made you look good for so long. smdh.

z0sa
06-19-2013, 03:20 AM
It reminded me of the Hibbert misstep by vogel. Difference is Timmy has ended on the bench and the Spurs were successful. We still have a chance ladies and gentlemen.

biziofromdowntown
06-19-2013, 03:31 AM
This loss will be forever on Pop and will ruin his career either way next game will finish. Sorry Pop but u dig ur tomb.

jermaine
06-19-2013, 05:08 AM

Up 5 with 20 secs left an your worried about a 3 an gave 1 up anyways. That decision maybe what decided this series.

milkyway21
06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
-blew 10-point lead in the fourth quarter
-blew a 5-point lead in the final 20 seconds

All of veterans Pop & the big 3 gave the game away.

Tim Duncan played great in the first half with his 30 points and 14 rebounds, but then went pfff.
Maybe because he didn't get the ball?

Tony Parker played pretty bad in the final 15 minutes, made only 6 out of 23, and 2-8 in the last Qtr & OT, dribbles the ball too long, missed one impt shot at the buzzer at end of regulation.
Then he missed a free throw in OT that could have given the Spurs a four-point lead, and he missed a 3-pointer, and with 34 seconds left he had his shot blocked by Bosh.

then, Manu was also bad: nine points, eight turnovers.
Like Parker missed a free throw with 28.2 seconds left in regulation that would have clinched the game.

Pop's crazy line-up :

Sat Duncan when the Spurs clearly needs him in the last minutes of the game. He could have rebounded that ball who went to Miller, who passed to LeBron for a 3-pointer & that crucial ball who went to Allen.

I still believe the Spurs can still win this one. Miami was lucky tonight they managed to pull a win.
They did not win game 6 but the Spurs didn't execute well in the end to protect their lead so Miami managed to sneak in.
But after game 6, I know that the Spurs is the better team than the Heat.

said7
06-19-2013, 05:55 AM
The worst was the first LEbron 3pt miss. You had 3 spurs fighting for the same rebound.