PDA

View Full Version : In my 14 years of watching the NBA I have never been so devastated by a loss.

TDfan2007
06-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I can only imagine how the players, especially Timmy, feel.

Credit to Miami. They vastly outplayed the Spurs in the 4th and got the win. They never gave up and showed the poise of champions. With all of that said, I've never seen a bigger chokejob by a team...ever. You don't lose games where you're up 5 with under 45 seconds to play. You just don't.

These three guys shouldn't sleep tonight:
Manu Ginobili: followed up a fantastic game with arguably the worst game of his life. 8 turnovers...wow.
Tony Parker: He went into full on chucker mode in the 2nd half, actively ignoring Duncan on the block, overdribbling, and taking terrible shots.
Pop: Terrible lineup in the 4th during gut-check time. Refused to call post plays in the second half and just ran the high pick and roll over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Admittedly almost all of my faith is gone at this point, but I still hope that the Spurs can dig deep and follow (potentially) the worst loss in franchise history with one of the best wins.

~O~
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
It was all ginobili. He was the sole reason the Heat were still in the game.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
This game is on Pop and no one else. Manu plays for his coach. Pop just pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history.

dg7md
06-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Well tbh I was more defeated at the Dirk foul and Game 6 OKC... but yes, this one will be up there if we do in fact lose this series.

jmanu20
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
The coaching by Pop was right up there with:

1) Vogel sitting Hibbert for the final possession of game 1 ECF 2013
2) Thibs keeping in Rose with the Bulls up 12 with 1 min left vs. an offensively challenged Philly team

Budkin
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Me too... can't even wrap my mind around it.

spurtech09
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
if Kl makes both free throws its over .....no matter what.....spurs blew it

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Wow! I'm so sad... One miser free throw away.

dylankerouac
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
This game is on Pop and no one else. Manu plays for his coach. Pop just pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history.

These days Manu makes too many mistakes and can't make them all up. Its like compound interest with less subtlety.

dylankerouac
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
So many missed opportunities this game it's pointless to lock onto one and say if only this one mistake was erased. Both teams made mistakes, only one could get the victory.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
In my 14 years of watching the NBA ...
I'll see your 14 years and raise you 14 more, and I agree. Most devastating loss in NBA Finals history.

team-work
06-19-2013, 01:11 AM
I can only imagine how the players, especially Timmy, feel.

Credit to Miami. They vastly outplayed the Spurs in the 4th and got the win. They never gave up and showed the poise of champions. With all of that said, I've never seen a bigger chokejob by a team...ever. You don't lose games where you're up 5 with under 45 seconds to play. You just don't.

These three guys shouldn't sleep tonight:
Manu Ginobili: followed up a fantastic game with arguably the worst game of his life. 8 turnovers...wow.
Tony Parker: He went into full on chucker mode in the 2nd half, actively ignoring Duncan on the block, overdribbling, and taking terrible shots.
Pop: Terrible lineup in the 4th during gut-check time. Refused to call post plays in the second half and just ran the high pick and roll over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Admittedly almost all of my faith is gone at this point, but I still hope that the Spurs can dig deep and follow (potentially) the worst loss in franchise history with one of the best wins.

Well said. Even fans feel the pain of having the championship slipped through the fingers. Those directly involved should have undergone a much wilder emotional roller-coaster.

The good thing is there's still a game 7. Another chance of heart attack.

ViceCity84
06-19-2013, 01:12 AM

Pat Riley was in the building.He stucked with John Starks too long just like Pop did with Manu.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 01:17 AM

I am going to say this and I don't care who fucking disagrees. I think Tony was playing selfish tonight in part because he did not want Tim to get finals MVP.. All his bullshit interviews talking about this being his team now he wanted that stupid individual award.. Well Tim was going to go for 40 tonight had Tony not started taking awful shots and had the Spurs won likely Tim wins the MVP.. Now he can be a runner up and Tim can retire with 4 rings when it should have been 5..

Oh yeah and Fuck you POP!!

just FUCK YOU!!!

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I don't plan on watching Game 7. I think I'll just check the score after it's all over.

james evans
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
The coaching by Pop was right up there with:

1) Vogel sitting Hibbert for the final possession of game 1 ECF 2013
2) Thibs keeping in Rose with the Bulls up 12 with 1 min left vs. an offensively challenged Philly team

don't forget van gundy not instructing his team to foul the lakers while they were up 3 or defend the 3 point line in game 4 of the 09 finals. nelson let fisher walk right down and hit a 3 pointer

bryants2hot2handle
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Laker games aside, this was the most disappointing finish I can recall. Sorry it had to happen tonight. This was the best chance to beat MIA.

If game 7 is called fairly, the Spurs should win. But fat chance this is happening. I hope they can pull something off though

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
I don't plan on watching Game 7. I think I'll just check the score after it's all over.

Fuck that I've watched every single game in the playoffs but 1 and I'm going down with the ship, win or lose.

50Bestspurever
06-19-2013, 02:26 AM
2006 was killer but tonight.......no words. cant believe it. so fucking close. dam.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 02:29 AM
You don't lose games where you're up 5 with under 45 seconds to play. You just don't.

Actually the Spurs were up 5 with 28 seconds left.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Feel the same way. Kinda lame, but fuck, this is raw.

dg7md
06-19-2013, 02:30 AM
I do know how you feel, but we're lucky we get one more chance.

spursince#99
06-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah I don't plan on watching Game 7.