PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts After Game 6

timvp
06-19-2013, 12:34 AM
-Well, what is there to say? I'm numb right now. It's an hour-plus after the game and I'm numb. There aren't words to describe what we just witnessed as Spurs fans. The 0.4 game was bad. The 2006 Mavs Game 7 was bad. This is like every Spurs loss in the history of my life wrapped into one bad.

-I never did let myself get too excited. Even with the ball up by 4 with 20-something seconds left, I wasn't comfortable. I've seen too much as a Spurs fan to get excited in that moment. In a way, thank God for 0.4 and that Mavs series or else going from celebrating a championship to losing probably would have been enough to break a man. Hopefully none of you out there experienced the rollercoaster.

-Fvck it. I still love this team. Thank you. No matter what happens in Game 7, thank you.

-Thank you to Tim Duncan for playing his azz off in that first half. That was almost enough to get the fifth ring. You did your part, bro.

-I can't even start the blame game. I can't. It's pointless at this moment.

-Boris Diaw thanks for the big time play.

-Kawhi Leonard you played your azz off as well.

-TP and Manu … the effort was there.

-Tiago you hit some big shots.

-Neal you hit a big shot.

-Green you played hard.

-I can't even.

-Wow.

-Wow.

Robz4000
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Yep, this is tough.

DPG21920
06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Define "effort" with regards to Manu. Timvp - serious question. Do you feel as I do, that if the Spurs go onto lose the series, that this is one of those history altering moments that forever alters the trust that has endured for so many years? Will the players/fans look at Manu the same? Will they tune Pop out?

BillMc
We are all sad. I won't even sleep or work efficiently for days.

But like you I'm proud of this team.

And there's a game Thursday. It's not over yet.

carina_gino20

Bill_Brasky
06-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Pop choked big time not having Duncan out there to grab the board on those last Heat possessions. We had them stopped and didn't secure the GW boards. Pretty simple.

dylankerouac
Tough game, lets hope the Spurs have the energy to come out in game 7.

slick'81
I was there in the arena looking at the trophys and the rings by the entrance everyone goin crazy high fiving and saying "#5" but I never got my hopes too high what a emotional letdown

Nbadan
Damn....loser talk from TIMVP too....

BillMc
06-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Define "effort" with regards to Manu. Timvp - serious question. Do you feel as I do, that if the Spurs go onto lose the series, that this is one of those history altering moments that forever alters the trust that has endured for so many years? Will the players/fans look at Manu the same? Will they tune Pop out?

I worry most about Leonard. He's only 21. To miss a free throw that would have iced a championship. That's a hard thing for a young man to take. He's got get over it. For Thursday. For next season. For the rest of his life. He's a good guy, doesn't need to be haunted so young. Let us stupid fans be haunted for him.

For Manu, there are championships to balance this out. There still may be another on Thursday...

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Can you guys reassure me we have a shot at winning Thursday and if we do, how do we do it? I'm sooooo dejected and hearing what the team had to say postgame didn't make me feel any better about our chances. So depressing, guys.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM
I give you vets props. Idk how you all can take all of these emotional roller coasters year after year. I'm done. That Duncan performance was one for the ages though. Thanks Timmy.

I dunno, 06 was definitely worse since the Spurs had a legitimate shot at winning the championship. Can't say the same for this year's team. The Spurs are somehow defying the odds at this point so there is no need to be too upset... except at Ginobili.

SpurPadre
I worry most about Leonard. He's only 21. To miss a free throw that would have iced a championship. That's a hard thing for a young man to take. He's got get over it. For Thursday. For next season. For the rest of his life. He's a good guy, doesn't need to be haunted so young. Let us stupid fans be haunted for him.

For Manu, there are championships to balance this out. There still may be another on Thursday...

Remember what happened to Nick Anderson of the Magic when he missed all those free throws in the Finals? He was never the same after that...I hope the same fate doesn't happen to Kawhi.

Johnny RIngo
Define "effort" with regards to Manu.

If Manu played in a blue and white jersey tonight, we probably win this game. He stopped caring about the Spurs after 2011 imo.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Spurs needed Green to do more than just hard play. They needed him to make shots. Going 1-5 in 40+ minutes is not good enough. Not even close.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
1 FT away....... :(

LakerHater
06-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Our Coach Pop pulled a Frank Vogel & benched Tim Duncan!! ONE of those rebounds woulda won the GODDAMN game!!

THANK YOU!!!

timvp
I dunno, 06 was definitely worse since the Spurs had a legitimate shot at winning the championship. Can't say the same for this year's team.

Uh, this team was a good bounce, a made free throw, literally anything away from winning a championship.

You can't get closer to a championship and not win it than what we just witnessed.

kjhip1
Feel the same way! Just an unbelievable game to watch. Regardless this team is too proud to just come back for game 7 and lose by 20 like many on this site are stating. Win or lose, this team played their hearts out when no one gave them a shot! It'll be tough to get over this with less than 48 hours for game seven, but I will still BELIEVE ! Go Spurs Go

slick'81
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
If Manu played in a blue and white jersey tonight, we probably win this game. He stopped caring about the Spurs after 2011 imo.

I'm not sure about that manu bleeds black n silver

2centsworth
Pop choked big time not having Duncan out there to grab the board on those last Heat possessions. We had them stopped and didn't secure the GW boards. Pretty simple.

must be blind to not see Pop choked this game away. brutal...

dallasmaverickslose
-Well, what is there to say? I'm numb right now. It's an hour-plus after the game and I'm numb. There aren't words to describe what we just witnessed as Spurs fans. The 0.4 game was bad. The 2006 Mavs Game 7 was bad. This is like every Spurs loss in the history of my life wrapped into one bad.

-I never did let myself get too excited. Even with the ball up by 4 with 20-something seconds left, I wasn't comfortable. I've seen too much as a Spurs fan to get excited in that moment. In a way, thank God for 0.4 and that Mavs series or else going from celebrating a championship to losing probably would have been enough to break a man. Hopefully none of you out there experienced the rollercoaster.

-Fvck it. I still love this team. Thank you. No matter what happens in Game 7, thank you.

-Thank you to Tim Duncan for playing his azz off in that first half. That was almost enough to get the fifth ring. You did your part, bro.

-Green you played hard.

-I can't even.

-Wow.

-Wow.

We have the greatest organization in the league. Win or loss Thursday. I don't give a shit what Miami does to us. We are the true team.

carina_gino20
06-19-2013, 12:45 AM

Whi dealt with losing his father at a young age. He'll get over this.

DAF86

You're fucking retarded. Manu just sucks right now, he shouldn't be getting so much offensive responsabilities plain and simple.

dbreiden83080
I am never getting over this loss....

There is no getting over it period.....

tesseractive
Great post, and bravo for skipping the finger pointing. Nobody feels worse about the mistakes in this game than the people who made them.

Time to make good use of a short memory and go back to work one last time. The Heat have yet to beat us in two games in a row, so we just need one last bounceback win to get it done.

Pentagruel
06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
I really hope Manu can play well one more time for game 7. He was absolutely terrible tonight and if he were to retire after this season then it would be quite sad if this is my last memory of him playing for the Spurs. If the Spurs do end up winning game seven then it will be all the sweeter. Life would be no fun if there wasn't any hardships along the way.

DJ Mbenga
i was shocked how well james was shutting down parker. they even scrapped thier pick and roll once and had green, green! run it with duncan. of course it failed.

Keepin' it real
Oh, and right now this is the most painful loss ever. More than .4, more than Game 7 vs. Mavs, more than Game 6 vs. OKC, and more than '95 WCF vs. Rockets.

The reason ... this was going to be the clinching game of the NBA Finals, and winning as an underdog. They don't get any more demoralizing than this. Possibly the most painful loss in the history of the NBA, not just for the Spurs.

AntiChrist
Damn....loser talk from TIMVP too....

Fuck you, 9/11 twoofer.

DPG21920
What is mind numbing to ponder is the Spurs would have literally been better tonight if Manu did not play. How many times has anyone been able to honestly say that?

BatManu20
Proud of these guys. They did more than we could ever have imagined. We were literally 1 FT or 1 rebound away from #5. That will slowly eat away at us for the rest of our lives I'm sure. But, what can you do? You just move on. Spurs fan til I die. GSG.

chrhawk
06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
The quick turnaround after tonight could work in the Spurs' favor from the standpoint that they won't have a lot of time to think about this loss. But I'm stating the obvious when I say that Ginobili has to better Thursday night. Though, he can't be any worse.

baseline bum
Fucking hell. I was running all through the row and jumping like a 12 year-old at AT&T Center when the Spurs took the 5 point lead with 28.2 seconds left on Parker's crazy shot. Spending an hour in traffic trying to get out of the parking lot just let that loss stew even more.

Bill_Brasky
must be blind to not see Pop choked this game away. brutal...

Did Pop miss crucial free throws?

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-19-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't even blame Pop that much for not having Timmy in there to grab the boards. It was a tough call, he felt covering shooters was more important, and if the ball bounced differently maybe the Spurs would be champions right now. But that line-up to start the 4th was pretty much an invitation for a Heat comeback. Resting your 3 best players at the same time in the 4th quarter of a finals game is very questionable.

timvp
06-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Possibly the most painful loss in the history of the NBA, not just for the Spurs.

No possibly about it, IMO. Most painful loss in NBA history by far.

No team has had a championship in their fingers that firmly and see it slip away.

Spursmania
This sucks. I still want to believe but damn, they're spent. Played a lot of minutes.
How's Timmy's leg after that awful replay of him hurting his leg/knee and getting up limping?
Any comments on that?

LarryDavid
Over it. On to game 7.

bayareaspursfan
Thank you, timvp for this. Thanks so much for ur endless love for spurs. We still got game 7. Regardless of what happens in game 7 they're still champions in our heart.

DubMcDub
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Remember what happened to Nick Anderson of the Magic when he missed all those free throws in the Finals? He was never the same after that...I hope the same fate doesn't happen to Kawhi.

Wouldn't worry about that. Anderson folded completely. Leonard is a 82% FT shooter who missed one, which will happen about 1/5 times. He'll be fine. Great young player.

TrainOfThought5
Spurs needed Green to do more than just hard play. They needed him to make shots. Going 1-5 in 40+ minutes is not good enough. Not even close.

Ginobili had 8 turnovers by himself.

DPG21920

-Green you played hard.

-I can't even.

-Wow.

-Wow.

Floyd Pacquiao
I dont feel anything

siraulo23
06-19-2013, 12:51 AM
im sure it's been mentioned a thousand times already...

if only manu OR kawhi hit one free throw OR the spurs got one more rebound...

TrainOfThought5

He certainly didnt have 8 turnovers

Tim_duncan21
....... wasted Duncan effort

capek
06-19-2013, 12:52 AM
We are all sad. I won't even sleep or work efficiently for days.

But like you I'm proud of this team.

And there's a game Thursday. It's not over yet.

just gonna quote this as I have no words

BillMc
Whi dealt with losing his father at a young age. He'll get over this.

Good point.

RD2191
Bench Manu! Fuk man! Fuk Pop. Geez. It was right there! Right fukin there!

edgar
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
You guys have given me the strenght when Ive been down before so here's my way of returning the favor.

Listen if the heat needed to do all of that to win the game, you saw good win and we'll see you next time.

They made lucky plays and with their backs against the walls thats what teams do. Now the Spurs have their backs against the walls and will play like never before. Whoever wins Thursday deserves to win! Like Tim Duncan said, we get the foul call at the end, we are talking about a different topic tonight.

I have zero doubt the Spurs will come back with the same focus and determination to win...hell we might actually get Ginobili to join Tim and Tony in having one monster game.

Neither team should feel confident going into Thursday, no one!

We will see a champion Thursday. However to crown the winner of game 6 champion is the same as saying let's crown the winner of game 5.

All im saying is that this loss sucks, but the Spurs are blessed to have a second chance to redeem themselves. Plus if history repeats itself, Spurs rebound and win game 7.

SouthernFried
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
You know, everyone talks about MIAMI not losing a game in this series...after they lost the previous one. They always bounce back and win the next one.

What nobody ever talks about...is the SPURS haven't lost back to back in this series either.

Cya in game 7 :)

Capt Bringdown
Spurs have certainly had more than their share of these kinds of dramatic playoff loses. Love these guys but it's kinda hard to chalk it all up to bad luck. We brought this on ourselves.
Wow, Miami must be absolutely ski high now.

Budkin
It's really sinking in now and it hurts. It hurts bad...

06-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Uh, this team was a good bounce, a made free throw, literally anything away from winning a championship.

You can't get closer to a championship and not win it than what we just witnessed.
The Spurs are very fortunate to be in this position in the first place. Parker's miracle shot in game 1 plus only having 4 TOs, Green's miracle 3 point shooting all series, the Heat missing most of their jumpers, and Ginobili's corpse being reanimated in game 5. Everything fell into place to give the Spurs a chance against almost impossible odds. Obviously since they are so close, you just want them to grab it. But it was a lot of luck that put them in this position in the first place. It's like hitting all but one number in the lottery in an all or nothing draw. Are you upset you didn't win? Yes probably. Is it worth losing sleep over? Not really.

Although in this case, its more like the Spurs hit the lottery and Ginobili came over and tore up the ticket.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Jesus Christ. I've never seen Tim look that devastated (postgame conference). Even someone as unflappable as Tim can't help but show the pain from this loss.

Shabazz

He kept Tim Duncan on the bench on two late possessions where the Heat used offensive rebounding to score 6 points. That is pretty terrible coaching right there to have your best rebounder out of the game in a situation where even one defensive rebound is the difference between winning and overtime.

There were plenty of other questionable decisions by Pop late.

SpurSpurSpurs
That last 4 mins in the regulation almost had me break down. No sleep, no eat and with that fvckin game. I was ready to collapse. On to game 7!!!

MarCowMar
I'm shocked at how down everyone is after this game. We proved we can hang with the Heat in their own arena. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all looked completely rattled and numb for 9/10ths of the game. Our defense is forcing them into all sorts of tough, contested shots.

We were a few plays from winning. We can close this out in game seven. Hang in there. Sheesh!

ElNono
They made a lot of shit from downtown too, and we sucked from 3 tonight... The only silver-lining I see is that we played really good defense for 3 quarters... when you play D like that you give yourself a shot... While I doubt we're going to get another night from Duncan like tonight, if we can hustle on D like that, we'll have a shot.

timtonymanu
Ehh... I picked Miami to win the series. Obviously, we still have one more game to play, but damn that was just an inch away from winning it all.

DJ Mbenga
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
spurs did not have a ton of assists. basically went to striaght up post isolations. milked that cow dry, and had no answers after that once lebron shut down parker's screen and rolls. they tried to go to ginobli pick and rolls and he was in total tired old shit bag status.

DPG21920
You have to go down with who got you there and right now, unfortunately it includes Manu. However, they have earned it. Deal with what happens later.

Capt Bringdown
It's really sinking in now and it hurts. It hurts bad...

I couldn't watch the end of the game and I'm wondering now if I want to watch game 7. I'm in shock.
Worst feeling as a Spurs fan, ever.
Worse than Billy Paultz's moving screen call ffs.

dbreiden83080
I'm shocked at how down everyone is after this game. We proved we can hang with the Heat in their own arena. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all looked completely rattled and numb for 9/10ths of the game. Our defense is forcing them into all sorts of tough, contested shots.

We were a few plays from winning. We can close this out in game seven. Hang in there. Sheesh!

You don't lose a game like that and bounce back... Tim, Tony and Manu looked like they wanted to puke at the presser..

This is over...

EIC
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM

-Green you played hard.

-I can't even.

-Wow.

-Wow.

You hit the nail on the head.

It was 0:04 and 2006 Game 7 vs. Mavs all rolled into one, then multiplied by 10. We were 1 of 2 free throws OR 1 of 2 (3?) free throws OR 1 foul away from #5. A team can literally not come closer than that and still lose it. It's mind blowing. I am still in shock.

Also, like you, I never bought in. Maybe for a second. But I had a terrible, terrible feeling that something was going to happen. It's hard to explain.

This game felt like a Game 7 to me. I had to keep reminding myself it was Game 6. But the truth is, it was a must win for the Spurs. And as hard as a Game 7 in Miami would have been, it is now magnified by (1) the way the Spurs lost Game 6, and (2) the fact that they are physically spent. I knew this at the end of regulation. "If Spurs lose, the series is over. If Spurs lose, the series is over. If Spurs lose, the series is over." I thought for a second we had it. I really did. But those missed free throws were a killer. And when James hit the first three, I knew something bad was going to happen.

The combination of emotions -- coming so close to a championship, knowing the Spurs would have nothing in the tank for Game 7, and knowing this was the end of an era I grew up with and that I'd never really see again -- is just too much. It truly is hard to imagine a worse way to close the book on what was an amazing dynasty. Man, those were some good times . . . .

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM

I agree a 6 pt lead with 28 seconds was not enough for Pop since he planned on giving up 4 offensive rebounds to Miami. Definitely could have used an 8 pt lead with that type of coaching

Rapper
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
timvp I am with you, it hurts it really hurts it really really fuvking hurts I know you understand that losing the Game 6 means losing this series

Heat in 7

Salty
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
We'll have plenty of time to sulk over this loss if the Spurs lose Game 7.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
I think everyone is dejected because the Spurs are dejected, did you see the press conferences? They look defeated.. they look like they don't know what else to do.. Pop was the only one with a snarky attitude like he deserved to be that way? Really Pop, you get to stand on your soapbox and dismiss any of the medias questions? Fuck him, but fuck the media for not having the balls to call him on his stupid coaching. This loss is on him and his belief in Manu despite him playing so poorly, I doubt Gary Neal would have sucked it up worse.

Guajalote
06-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Gotta be a "glass half full guy" at this point. Here's why the Spurs win Thursday. Not because of the pattern of alternating wins, or because we finally get "good" officiating. We win because everybody expects the Spurs to lose now. No one can tell me that that group of men have gone through as much as they have (including .4, Dallas in '06, 95 WCF, etc) and not have a huge chip on their shoulders. We win Thursday because nobody expects us to. Pop makes adjustments, Tim and Manu coax one more good game out of their bodies, and Tony takes his turn with his own "big game." LeBron and Wade were gassed tonight. Bosh was lost until he made three good defensive plays tonight right at the very end. Keep Allen and Chalmers from going off, repeat the exact same formula as Game 6 and the Spurs are champs. Add one more Spurs free throw, take away Battier's bank shot three pointer, take away Miller's one shoe three pointer, and we're celebrating right now. Woulda coulda shoulda. Plain and simple-WE BEAT OURSELVES TONIGHT. And no matter how crappy we all are feeling right now, that doesn't happen very often, especially in pressure situations. Just do what they did tonight for game 7 and they've got it.

BackHome
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Bench Manu! Fuk man! Fuk Pop. Geez. It was right there! Right fukin there!

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

edgar
Everyone forgets, Dwayne is hurting more tonight than ever before with the play that may have injured his left knee. How will that affect him. The heat are also gassed. No team should feel confident about winning Thursday. The Heat didn't blow us out of the arena. It's anyone's game Thursday.

SpurPadre
You guys have given me the strenght when Ive been down before so here's my way of returning the favor.

Listen if the heat needed to do all of that to win the game, you saw good win and we'll see you next time.

They made lucky plays and with their backs against the walls thats what teams do. Now the Spurs have their backs against the walls and will play like never before. Whoever wins Thursday deserves to win! Like Tim Duncan said, we get the foul call at the end, we are talking about a different topic tonight.

I have zero doubt the Spurs will come back with the same focus and determination to win...hell we might actually get Ginobili to join Tim and Tony in having one monster game.

Neither team should feel confident going into Thursday, no one!

We will see a champion Thursday. However to crown the winner of game 6 champion is the same as saying let's crown the winner of game 5.

All im saying is that this loss sucks, but the Spurs are blessed to have a second chance to redeem themselves. Plus if history repeats itself, Spurs rebound and win game 7.

Thanks for the optimism but if we lose Game 7, the Heat do not deserve to win the championship because of this game tonight, which even non Spurs fan believe we pissed away.

LakerHater

-Green you played hard.

I really dont know how you give props!!?????????

These guys are pros, should step up!

SpursFan0728
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
This one hurts, but as spurs fans, we never stop believing. 1.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
It's hard to be optimistic for Game 7 not just because of the way we lost but because of the postgame comments by the team. They sound like want to just forfeit Thursday and hand over the Title to Lebron, tbh.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm too sad to believe in game 7 right now.

SpurSwag
06-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Honestly, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm pretty sure the spurs will win game 7 with one exception. The spurs will win the game unless their shooters are going off. For me, chalmers has always been the measuring stick for how well the heat are playing. If he goes off and is hitting 3's, it usually means allen, battier, and miller are all hitting shots as well. Lebron can go for 40 and i still think we'd win, it's just when lebron is getting all of the shooters involved and they're hot is when its an issue. Watch game 5 of teh finals last year for reference

slick'81
06-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Hopefully green knocks a few more down Miami was all over him tonight

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Heat:

8 second chance points in 44 minutes with Tim on the floor.

6 second chance points in last 30 seconds of regulation with Tim on the pine.

Great fucking call Gregg Popovich. I mean, first ballot Hall of Fame coaching greatness, you asshole.

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
It's hard to be optimistic for Game 7 not just because of the way we lost but because of the postgame comments by the team. They sound like want to just forfeit Thursday and hand over the Title to Lebron, tbh.

You act as if the Spurs are a mentally soft Clippers team. They may not win Game 7, but they sure as hell will go down fighting. The Big 3 (Manu included) have too much pride to disgracefully bow out Game 7.

shingo_318
06-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Spurs are still the better team.

Believe!

EIC
06-19-2013, 01:16 AM

+1

If they found a way to win, it would truly be one of the most miraculous things in sports history. It's almost inconceivable that the Spurs could shake this off and play. They had the game in the bag, then lost it, then got it back, then lost it, then got it back, and then lost it, all before the game went into overtime, whereupon the Spurs promptly lost it, only to get it back, then lose it for good. That's like a season worth of mindfucks in one massively important Finals game. On the road. There's just no way . . .

Atl Spur
06-19-2013, 01:17 AM
This was the most bogus ending to a championship game by a team with so much mettle!! I'm so done with this BS win or lose the 'ship!!

Arc
06-19-2013, 01:18 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

michaelwcho
06-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Guys, this Heat team is vulnerable. The Spurs just came in their house, controlled most of the game, and would have grabbed that win with just one different bounce. The same team that took game 1 and also beat them earlier by 36 points. Wade is on one leg and can't shoot straight. Lebron is confused and erratic. He's only scoring when given a lane. The Heat are also old and tired and have some major disadvantages in the size department. I'm not sure I understand why Wade and Lebron are not playing up to their normal standards, but after 6 games, the Spurs are the better team.

One game left, winner takes all.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 01:19 AM
You act as if the Spurs are a mentally soft Clippers team. They may not win Game 7, but they sure as hell will go down fighting. The Big 3 (Manu included) have too much pride to disgracefully bow out Game 7.

Yeah, they're not mentally soft but how does a mentally strong team choke a game like we did tonight? The heat played like the stronger team, mentally. But I guess we'll see what happens Thursday.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Heat:

8 second chance points in 44 minutes with Tim on the floor.

6 second chance points in last 30 seconds of regulation with Tim on the pine.

Great fucking call Gregg Popovich. I mean, first ballot Hall of Fame coaching greatness, you asshole.

POS cost his team the game. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Guys, this Heat team is vulnerable. The Spurs just came in their house, controlled most of the game, and would have grabbed that win with just one different bounce. The same team that took game 1 and also beat them earlier by 36 points. Wade is on one leg and can't shoot straight. Lebron is confused and erratic. He's only scoring when given a lane. The Heat are also old and tired and have some major disadvantages in the size department. I'm not sure I understand why Wade and Lebron are not playing up to their normal standards, but after 6 games, the Spurs are the better team.

One game left, winner takes all.

Because they're playing the Spurs, that's why. But their Big 3 is also younger than our Big 3 and that's the concern right now. Who will have more energy for Game 7?

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Yeah, they're not mentally soft but how does a mentally strong team choke a game like we did tonight? The heat played like the stronger team, mentally. But I guess we'll see what happens Thursday.

The Heat are just a damn great team. They were desperate and they played hard. I may be sounding like a homer, but I'm not sure if the Heat can match that desperation they showed tonight. The Spurs were in control for most of the game, but the Heat had their season on the line and did what they were suppose to do.

The Spurs know they fucked up. Like I said, I don't feel 100% confident the Spurs win on Thursday but they will fight hard.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2013, 01:26 AM
No possibly about it, IMO. Most painful loss in NBA history by far.

No team has had a championship in their fingers that firmly and see it slip away.

Easily worst lost in Spurs history.

I'd have to think some more about "NBA history", but you could very well be right. Unless the miracle occurs Thursday.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
The Heat are just a damn great team. They were desperate and they played hard. I may be sounding like a homer, but I'm not sure if the Heat can match that desperation they showed tonight. The Spurs were in control for most of the game, but the Heat had their season on the line and did what they were suppose to do.

The Spurs know they fucked up. Like I said, I don't feel 100% confident the Spurs win on Thursday but they will fight hard.

I hope so. I don't want to see a repeat of the team that played the game after the .04 game. That team showed absolutely no heart in that last game.

timvp
06-19-2013, 01:30 AM

I'd have to think some more about "NBA history", but you could very well be right. Unless the miracle occurs Thursday.

FWIW, Simmons once had a piece about the most heartbreaking losses in NBA history. 0.4 was number one.

Tonight makes 0.4 feel like a win.

I'm wondering if this is the biggest gut punch loss in sporting history, tbh.........

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't give a fuck anymore. Manu possibly cost us another ring just like he did in 2006. I am so disappointed in Pop and Manu. The reason I don't have faith is because it is so difficult to recover from a game winning or buzzer beater shot. Just ask the Sacramento Kings what happened the next game after the Robert Horry buzzer beater. Just ask the Spurs what happened the next game after the .4 Derek Fisher. Just ask Golden State what happened to them after losing Game 1 to Manu's miracle shot in double OT.

On top of that, we might get Scott Foster and Bill Kennedy for Game 7. Spurs might be fucked. Manu and Pop screwed the Spurs. Wait, the Heat were able to recover from a similar situation in Game 1 although not as dramatic. IDK but at least I'll be at peace from here on because I've already gone through the disappointment.

Slomo

-Fvck it. I still love this team. Thank you. No matter what happens in Game 7, thank you.....

I was listening to the game on ESPN radio, and 20 seconds left in the 4th I was not celebrating, I was mad at the commentators explaining how they were already preparing the court for the trophy ceremony, I just couldn't allow myself to feel confident yet - yes the Spurs have trained us well...

After the the last second of overtime expired I just switched off the ipad and I'm not really sure how I made to work. I honestly can't remember the 40 min. drive to the office.

Fuck! I really wanted this one for the good guys. I'm just a fan, it doesn't matter whether I am happy or not, but the guys in silver and black deserve it - all of them.

I'll be rooting for the Spurs again on Thursday, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping against all odds that the Spurs can regroup and fucking finish off the Heat.

GSG

Das Texan
This one fucking hurts. A lot

Spurs bounce back and win and this is just another game

However, spurs history says they lose by 20

Fuck

Kori Ellis
06-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Pop has to vocally (to the team not the media) take all the responsibility of the loss.

The only way that the team is going to be able to refocus is if they can get over choking this game off. A big step toward that is for Pop to just put the loss on himself. He screwed up. He didn't leave Duncan in. Heat got the boards. Heat got the win.

Sure, the loss is more complicated than that -- everybody had their choking moments. But Pop needs to take responsibility and put the loss on himself to try to relieve some of the pressure from the guys -- They battled. He made a coaching mistake. They lost. So, regroup and get this last game.

Spurs have bounced back well from losses in the series. They can get this last one.

ezau
06-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Gotta be a "glass half full guy" at this point. Here's why the Spurs win Thursday. Not because of the pattern of alternating wins, or because we finally get "good" officiating. We win because everybody expects the Spurs to lose now. No one can tell me that that group of men have gone through as much as they have (including .4, Dallas in '06, 95 WCF, etc) and not have a huge chip on their shoulders. We win Thursday because nobody expects us to. Pop makes adjustments, Tim and Manu coax one more good game out of their bodies, and Tony takes his turn with his own "big game." LeBron and Wade were gassed tonight. Bosh was lost until he made three good defensive plays tonight right at the very end. Keep Allen and Chalmers from going off, repeat the exact same formula as Game 6 and the Spurs are champs. Add one more Spurs free throw, take away Battier's bank shot three pointer, take away Miller's one shoe three pointer, and we're celebrating right now. Woulda coulda shoulda. Plain and simple-WE BEAT OURSELVES TONIGHT. And no matter how crappy we all are feeling right now, that doesn't happen very often, especially in pressure situations. Just do what they did tonight for game 7 and they've got it.

This to be honest

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Pop has to vocally (to the team not the media) take all the responsibility of the loss.

The only way that the team is going to be able to refocus is if they can get over choking this game off. A big step toward that is for Pop to just put the loss on himself. He screwed up. He didn't leave Duncan in. Heat got the boards. Heat got the win.

Sure, the loss is more complicated than that -- everybody had their choking moments. But Pop needs to take responsibility and put the loss on himself to try to relieve some of the pressure from the guys -- They battled. He made a coaching mistake. They lost. So, regroup and get this last game.

Spurs have bounced back well from losses in the series. They can get this last one.

I know that physically these guys can go anything. I'm just scared to death that mentally, this was everything our boys had left. They gave it their all, contrary to what some might think. I pray that they can put this loss behind them now, and prepare for game 7 with a huge chip on their shoulder.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:38 AM

Brilliant, but will he do it?

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 01:39 AM

I am trying to come up with a way to swallow the decision to sit Tim.. Pop obviously thought Tim could not defend the play Miami was going to run.. Tim said they switch everything there and he is on the bench in that spot.. He seemed fine with it but who knows? Can we swallow that? Obviously Pop didn't try to lose the game but it feels like he did....

OZspurs
i can't even sleep after the game. but life is moving on. pro sport is something but not everything. what u can do about it? like people said, we couldn't secure that defensive board for the ring. this is it. Ray Allen hits that shot. Miami didn't give it up, and we just couldn't win. Think about this way, try to be positive for something else.

T Park
FWIW, Simmons once had a piece about the most heartbreaking losses in NBA history. 0.4 was number one.

Tonight makes 0.4 feel like a win.

I'm wondering if this is the biggest gut punch loss in sporting history, tbh.........

Compares will with the 2011 Rangers being one strike from winning the World Series in 2011.

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 01:40 AM

very good post from ms. ellis.

tbh, my painkillers kicked in so I'm a bit numb.

but if there is one thing the Spurs have done very well this year is make adjustments following a loss. This will be there final time to learn from their mistakes and leave it all on the floor. And I agree, Pop needs to privately admit to them he screwed up.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2013, 01:44 AM

-Green you played hard.

-I can't even.

-Wow.

-Wow.

This.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM
It's starting to sink in, and really, without Danny Green's shooting we would have likely exited this series a couple of games ago. We've been living on borrowed time and paper mache hopes, and the bill came due in game 6.

Xevious
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
This really is worst case scenerio. A blowout loss would be better. The Heat and the crowd are going to be pumped for game seven. The Spurs just blew their wad and came up short.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:50 AM
It's starting to sink in, and really, without Danny Green's shooting we would have likely exited this series a couple of games ago. We've been living on borrowed time and paper mache hopes, and the bill came due in game 6.

give me an fn break. We were up 5 with 28secs to play. Should be over 4-2 spurs.

dbreiden83080

Green played like shit and the Spurs had the title wrapped up..

baseline bum
Everyone forgets, Dwayne is hurting more tonight than ever before with the play that may have injured his left knee. How will that affect him. The heat are also gassed. No team should feel confident about winning Thursday. The Heat didn't blow us out of the arena. It's anyone's game Thursday.

I would have strongly preferred that the Heat won Game 6 by 35. That was the absolute worst possible way to lose a Finals game. Not even close, the only thing remotely comparable is the 86 Red Sox.

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Green played like shit and the Spurs had the title wrapped up..

Green plays great and we would've won by double digits.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:53 AM
I would have strongly preferred that the Heat won Game 6 by 35. That was the absolute worst possible way to lose a Finals game. Not even close, the only thing remotely comparable is the 86 Red Sox.

You hit it on the head, just like the 86 Red Sox.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Brilliant, but will he do it?

Nope, his presser was just being as arrogant asshole never answering for any of his shit.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Its over. We will never see the Spurs win another title or come this close again in our lifetime.

06-19-2013, 01:55 AM
If the YOUNG Golden State team can come back from a devastating double OT loss and beat the Spurs in game 2 on their own home floor, there's no reason to think the Spurs with all their championship mettle will be unable to bounce back for the game of their lives with #5 on the line.

2centsworth
06-19-2013, 01:58 AM
If the YOUNG Golden State team can come back from a devastating double OT loss and beat the Spurs in game 2 on their own home floor, there's no reason to think the Spurs with all their championship mettle will be unable to bounce back for the game of their lives with #5 on the was line.

great 1st post. Only difference may be our coach is arrogant and may not take responsibility for his huge role in this loss. That would lose the team.

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 02:05 AM
If the YOUNG Golden State team can come back from a devastating double OT loss and beat the Spurs in game 2 on their own home floor, there's no reason to think the Spurs with all their championship mettle will be unable to bounce back for the game of their lives with #5 on the line.

I like this guy :toast

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 02:07 AM

Only the Bill Buckner game comes anywhere close.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 02:13 AM

Ranger imo. Two years in a row.

TDomination
06-19-2013, 02:20 AM

Exactly how im feeling

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 02:21 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

We fucking had this game!! It just hit me again! Up 4 points with 20 seconds left and we pissed it down the drain in a manner I never thought the Spurs would ever be associated with. Is this really how it's going to end? A CHOKE. Is my last memory of the Spurs Big 3 era going to be us choking away #5 like this?? Shoot me.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2013, 07:09 AM

Yeah, I remembered that one about an hour later. Probably the only other time they actually had the trophy ready to roll out.

Harry Callahan
06-19-2013, 07:24 AM
This was really as cruel a way to lose a game (given what was on the line - an NBA Championship) that we'll ever see. If the Spurs can overcome this loss and win a game 7 on the road, that will be one for the ages.

As for me, I was too nervous to watch the game live. I checked the score at 10:35 87-84 Heat and I was mad. I almost wish that was the final score right there.

I did not sleep very well last night I can tell you that. That series was over and then it was giftwrapped right back to the cHeat.

I'm spent. I'll record the game and hope for the best Thursday, but geez. I don't know how the players and coaches overcome that loss in 48 hours. I just don't.

Strategic
06-19-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm concerned that TD blew his wad in this game. Thursday Tony and Manu will have to penetrate in order for the perimeter offense to work. When the Heat are on offense Lebron will have the ball and be shoving his ass into the lane. This is when Diaw should come in handy. The Spurs have gotten this far without leadership from all of the big 3, that's amazing.

Soul_Patch
06-19-2013, 07:43 AM
How do you keep Manu Ginobili in the game after he had shown from the first quarter that he was not capable of producing quality minutes. Not only do you have him in the game when it counts most, he has the damn ball in his hands and go's flying out of control down the court for his 9 millionth turn over of the game...I just dont understand.

I want Ginobili to be good too, but for F sake...this loss is completely on him and Pop for leaving him in...he was one of the best players for the Heat. Hell, I would have taken just about anyone on the planet in the game over him last night...

@#$!#$%!#$^@$%&

SpurYank
06-19-2013, 08:00 AM
I have gone through these moments before. So I erased everything from my mind and started over again (before the tip-off). Hey! We were not expected to win this game. Even the 7th game was iffy at best. WTF! Why are we allowing this one-game to eat us alive? Fvck it. We have tomorrow to go yet. By midnight 2-morrow all of this w/b forgotten.

I'm going to work and have a good day, as I look forward to 2-morrow's game.

You all should, too.

sanman53
06-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Tim will do everything in his power to NOT lose game 7.

"BELIEVE" -- in Tim!

41times
06-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Random Thoughts from game 6.

Best half of a Finals game I have ever seen Tim Duncan Play. He was unstoppable. Shame it did not result in a win.
Ginobli looked either old, tired or injured........again
Splitter had 2 great plays other than that he would never get off my bench.
The only time I can remember the Spurs losing a 4th qtr lead and an overtime lead
Did Danny Green Play? I must have missed it?
Ray effing Allen is a lucky S.O.B.

leemajors
06-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Hope they have some Provigil for Manu thurs tbh

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Spurs 13 TO, Manu 8. E I G H T ! What in the hell is wrong with him. He's older, but where is the BBIQ, the smarts to compensate? All we got now is his stupidity.

So many of his passes didn't have chance of succeeding. His rep his horribly tarnished, his legacy gone negative. Championships '06, '13 on Manu

emanueldavidginobili
06-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Manu career high 8 TO, in a game like this that's mind boggling

Baam
06-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Unreal that he had almost twice as many TO as the rest of the team and Pop kept putting him back in...

You can't make that shit up.

UZER
06-19-2013, 08:46 AM
How do you keep Manu Ginobili in the game after he had shown from the first quarter that he was not capable of producing quality minutes. Not only do you have him in the game when it counts most, he has the damn ball in his hands and go's flying out of control down the court for his 9 millionth turn over of the game...I just dont understand.

I want Ginobili to be good too, but for F sake...this loss is completely on him and Pop for leaving him in...he was one of the best players for the Heat. Hell, I would have taken just about anyone on the planet in the game over him last night...

@#$!#$%!#$^@$%&

This x 1000.

as bad as Manu played, pop STILL refused to call a timeout with the ball in his hands and the game on the line. At some point you gotta realize someone just doesn't have it anymore. When someone plays bad 9/10 games, you just can't trust them anymore!

mind boggling....just mindboggling.

egtonecity
06-19-2013, 08:47 AM
This one sucks. We should be talking about how unclutch Bron was down the stretch. We should be talking about Tim raping BoshPERIOD, we should be talking about WhiWhi's coming out party, but freakin Manu and Pop let us down.

I just hope Manu has it in him to not go out like that. One more chance fellas.

romain.star
06-19-2013, 09:02 AM
You're fucking retarded. Manu just sucks right now, he shouldn't be getting so much offensive responsabilities plain and simple.

Spot on... Manu is a 35 years old role player now. On the other hand, Parker is the "in his prime" Spurs leader and he went..... 6/23 last night. 6/23!!! IMO, that's worse than Manu's 8 turnovers

romain.star
06-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I know that physically these guys can go anything. I'm just scared to death that mentally, this was everything our boys had left. They gave it their all, contrary to what some might think. I pray that they can put this loss behind them now, and prepare for game 7 with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Mentally,they'll be ready man. From 0.4 to yesterday, they have been through to many things to give up now.

Watching Parker suffocating late in the game or TD leaving the court llike a 120 years old man, I'm much more worried about their physical recovery heading into Game 7. With only 2 days off? That's scary