PDA

View Full Version : Dream killers: Ginobili and Splitter

EIC
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Honestly, at this point, I think it's fair to say that Ginobili and Splitter single-handedly cost us this series.

The whole series, but especially this game, it felt like the only way Miami could beat us was for Pop to put/keep Ginobili in the game and wait for him to keep turning the ball over and bricking threes. In Games 2, 4, and 6, Ginobili played worse than the worst night of Bonner's life. He single-handledly killed our team with what had to be at least 6 turnovers in this game. You just felt like if Pop kept Ginobili out of the game, we'd win. But he didn't and we didn't.

Splitter is a distant second in terms of being a complete fucking waste, but Ginobili and Splitter have some insane synergy when they are on the court together. If Ginobili by himself is a -25 and Splitter a -15, the two of them on the court at the same time is like a -50. I've never seen anything like it in my life. It truly is as simple as Ginobili and Splitter fucking up the whole series for us. Just those two players.

Without them, the game is not close, we win by 10-15 at the very least, and there is no opportunity for Pop to make the worst fucking coaching decisions of his entire career down the stretch.

It hurts to say this, especially about Ginobili, but I hope that this is the last game those two ever play in a Spurs jersey.

Gagnrath
06-19-2013, 12:43 AM
You forgot Pop....

chaco
06-19-2013, 07:15 AM
100% POP. two offensive rebounds with tim on the bench ( in last 25 sec):wow

Baam
06-19-2013, 07:19 AM
It was 8 turnovers not 6, and tbh it felt like he turned it over every single time he tried to make a pass basically. At some point you gotta think the old fart is gonna realize what's going on... Doing the same thing expecting different results at its best...

cd98
06-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Not on Splitter. He wasn't blowing it in the clutch. This loss is on Manu.

therealtruth
06-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Not on Splitter. He wasn't blowing it in the clutch. This loss is on Manu.

Splitter actually hit some key baskets against good defense. I think the Spurs will need more from him.

smaka
06-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Splitter actually hit some key baskets against good defense. I think the Spurs will need more from him.

He hit 2 pretty important baskets at the start of 4th quarter when our shitties lineup was on the floor. But still couldn't grab a decent amount of rebounds.
Ginobili played pick-and-turnover instead of pick-and-roll the whole night, tbh.

Twisted_Dawg
06-19-2013, 08:00 AM
This loss is on Pop and Manu. Manu would not have been in the game hurting us had Pop not sent him in and left him in. What coach in whatever sport would leave a player in the game that was playing so badly and out of controlled and causing you to lose? Pop's numerous horrible coaching mistakes in this game have been discussed ad nausem, but the biggest mistake was leaving The Turnover Machine in the game.

Jenks
06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Up by 5 that late, and you want to blame Splitter who hadn't been in the game for 10 minutes??

Here's the obvious truth:

This loss is on Pop and Manu.

Fireball
06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Again, without Splitters defense we are not in these Finals anyway ... This is not his matchup. Manu on the other hand just had to hit a free throw ...

Soul_Patch
06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
This loss is on Pop and Manu. Manu would not have been in the game hurting us had Pop not sent him in and left him in. What coach in whatever sport would leave a player in the game that was playing so badly and out of controlled and causing you to lose? Pop's numerous horrible coaching mistakes in this game have been discussed ad nausem, but the biggest mistake was leaving The Turnover Machine in the game.

My thoughts exactly...I was completely baffled at this...

Mal
06-19-2013, 08:13 AM
All Splitters 8 minutes were with Ginobili and smallball. He is good when playing next to Duncan with Parker on the floor. Cant blame him for this loss.

hotsauce0987
06-19-2013, 08:25 AM
You can blame splitter. He had some stupid fouls that resulted into free throws while the heat where in the bonus

41times
06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Goats: Manu, Pop and Splitter in that order

Rarely does Pop make mistakes in big games. But keeping Timmy out and losing a couple of rebounds was huge. I know he was gassed but dam he can rest all summer

rasho8
06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Look at this bullshit. You are all stupid. Splitter is not to blame here. Missed free throws are by Manu, Kawhi and Tony.

EIC
06-19-2013, 08:37 AM
1. My reference to Manu and Splitter was for THE SERIES not just last night. Those two single-handedly destroyed us this series. Manu for being a turnover machine and Splitter for being so weak to the hole and getting blocked by just about everybody. I agree Manu is.a million times worse, both in the series and in Game 6, but these two are awful.

2. I don't know how anyone can be hard on Kawhi for missing a clutch free throw and excuse Manu's turnovers, ill-advised threes, and his own missed free throw(s).

Jenks
06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Goats: Manu, Pop and Splitter in that order

Rarely does Pop make mistakes in big games. But keeping Timmy out and losing a couple of rebounds was huge. I know he was gassed but dam he can rest all summer

Swap Pop and Manu. Manu can't bench himself. Manu does what he does, and that's turn the ball over. The guy that leaves him in for almost the entire 4Q and all of OT absolutely has to be the #1 goat.

Kidd K
06-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Splitter wasn't great but he at least hit some key baskets in OT and wasn't a huge negative.

Ginobili on the other hand, barely did anything positive and was a huge negative all night. It's like everyone was clicking except Manu who checked out.

milkyway21
06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
he won for S.A. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: and he's now a dream killer?

at the start of the season nobody even dreamt of the Spurs getting this far, and now you are complaining.

shut up!