PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Was anyone thinking of the 2006 Finals during the last minute of the 4th qtr?

Jacob1983
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Was I the only one? I think someone that works for the Heat hired some voodoo doctor or witch and brought back the the Mavs' curse of 2006 and gave it to the Spurs for that last minute of the 4th qtr and all of overtime? The refs weren't as bad as they were in the 2006 Finals but nothing was going right for the Spurs. It was just a complete implosion. They let a ring chasing 50 year old Ray Allen steal their championship away from them. Manu and Leonard choked at the FT line. Pop went Vogel and sat Duncan on two critical plays of the game. This just had 2006 written all over it.

irishock
06-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Officiating could've been much, much worse for the Spurs tonight... nowhere near 2006 level tbh.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes. Mavs handed us the biggest chokers in the NBA baton in 2011 tbh. My Spurs have done nothing but collapse since then smh.

koolvid
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
The refs were pretty good too us most of the game sooo. The only call I was upset with was the no call on ManU BUT it was probably a travel. But yeah no comparison to 2006 not even close.

DJ Mbenga
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
spurs were getting a ton of benefit in the third.

Jacob1983
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm not solely talking about the refs. I just think that tonight's game had a game 3 2006 NBA Finals 4th qtr feel to it. I mean you thought that the Spurs were going to wrap this shit up once they got that double digit lead and then they gave it up. However, they had a 5 point lead with less than 30 seconds to go and you're at least 70 percent confident that the Spurs can hold the lead and win. But no, it didn't happen. It was just an implosion. The Spurs did everything wrong while Superfriends did everything right. People love to suck on Wade's cock because of his 2006 fuckfest with the FT line but they don't remember that a lot of those games were close. It just shows how you shitty of a team the Heat was in 2006. Wade had to basically butt fuck the FT line and the Mavs basically had to suck ass completely and the Heat barely won 3 of their 4 victories in that Finals.

Josepatches_
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I thinked about it when we were up by 10.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
I'm not solely talking about the refs. I just think that tonight's game had a game 3 2006 NBA Finals 4th qtr feel to it. I mean you thought that the Spurs were going to wrap this shit up once they got that double digit lead and then they gave it up. However, they had a 5 point lead with less than 30 seconds to go and you're at least 70 percent confident that the Spurs can hold the lead and win. But no, it didn't happen. It was just an implosion. The Spurs did everything wrong while Superfriends did everything right. People love to suck on Wade's cock because of his 2006 fuckfest with the FT line but they don't remember that a lot of those games were close. It just shows how you shitty of a team the Heat was in 2006. Wade had to basically butt fuck the FT line and the Mavs basically had to suck ass completely and the Heat barely won 3 of their 4 victories in that Finals.

More like at least 95 percent. :depressed

Rogue
06-19-2013, 01:22 AM
all I thought of was the 11' finals during the last minute of 4th qtr, Lebron went 11' mode and the Heat looked certain to lose. I was already preparing a DMC memorial thread at that moment tbh, thank my Goddess the Heat were salvaged by Ray Allen

Jacob1983
06-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I said 70 percent because as a Mavs fan, you know that the game is not over until it is over. Your team has not won shit until the clock says 0:00 and your team has more points than the other team. You do not celebrate until it is over. I learned my lesson in 2006. When I was watching it, I was thinking is it going to be like the Mavs in 2011 or the Mavs in 2006. I honestly thought that the Spurs would win because they are the Spurs. They don't choke in the Finals. We saw history tonight. We saw a chokejob by the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

ezau
06-19-2013, 02:12 AM
I said 70 percent because as a Mavs fan, you know that the game is not over until it is over. Your team has not won shit until the clock says 0:00 and your team has more points than the other team. You do not celebrate until it is over. I learned my lesson in 2006. When I was watching it, I was thinking is it going to be like the Mavs in 2011 or the Mavs in 2006. I honestly thought that the Spurs would win because they are the Spurs. They don't choke in the Finals. We saw history tonight. We saw a chokejob by the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

Sad but true. If the Spurs lose this series, then you could put the Spurs as the biggest chokers in NBA history since the Mavs in 2006.

Jacob1983
06-19-2013, 02:23 AM
What's worse: choking in 1 game and losing the championship in 7 or choking over a series of games? The 2006 Mavs is one of the worst choke jobs of all time. With that being said, Dirk and JET atoned for that shit by ringing in 2011.

irishock
06-19-2013, 02:26 AM
What's worse: choking in 1 game and losing the championship in 7 or choking over a series of games? The 2006 Mavs is one of the worst choke jobs of all time. With that being said, Dirk and JET atoned for that shit by ringing in 2011.

Key is you guys had Avery Johnson going up against Don Riley... Popovich got schooled by Philibeaner tonight..