PDA

View Full Version : As Bad As Things Are, We Gotta Believe

SpurSwag
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM
I know I'm not Timvp, but there's just some things i'd like to say after watching that..

- That was the most devestating game I have ever watched as a Spurs fan. My emotions have never been toyed with so much, I was ecstatic but a little anxious being up 10 in the beginning of the quarter, then on the edge of my seat when they came back. However, it wasn't until we were up about 5 with 30 seconds left or whatever it was that it hit me. Normally I control myself, but I couldn't help from jumping to conclusions. I really thought we were about to win the championship and I almost started to tear up. It's been 6 fuckin years and I really thought it was all about to come together tonight with Tim having a monster performance and winning his 4th Finals MVP. And in an instant, Ray Allen ruined everything.

- Though Manu was fouled on that drive, it wasn't that blatant imo and I'm not that mad at officiating. Yes, that call would have been great, but I didn't think the contact was egregious enough to warrant a call. It definitely could have gone either way. But all in all, this was just about the worst game Manu has ever played. Jesus christ I have never in my life doubted Manu but he has me depressed right now. That was pitiful.

- Tim Duncan is a legend and an undisputed top 10 player regardless of the outcome. His legacy is not at stake, like Lebrons. Lucky for Lebron, Ray Allen went ahead and hit one of the most clutch shots in NBA history to save his choking ass.

- My state of mind right now? Extremely disappointed and dejected, but hopeful. Very hopeful. Say what you want about a game 7 in Miami, but this Miami team is just as desperate as they will be in game 7, and we handed it to them. We were the better team, and we clearly have much greater room for improvement. Lebron had a 30,10,10 game, wade was solid, bosh played the best defense of his life and they still needed our players to hand them the win. The Spurs, on the other hand, can get much more out of parker, green, and manu. Duncan had his way with bosh, and though we shouldn't expect 30 points out of him again, clearly miami can't handle a hungry Tim.

- Expectations for game 7? Spurs close it out behind a furious effort from...Manu Ginobili. It's obvious he is absolutely disgusted with himself, and I'm expecting him to step it up just like he did in game 5. For most teams I can see this going one of two ways, either they are so dejected that once Miami gets little momentum in the next game they give up or they are so fueled and motivated they do everything in their power to get the win. This spurs team is definitely not going to give up and I know Tim, Tony and Manu won't let this one slip away. Clearly we can handle Miami on their home court at their hungriest, so I don't see any reason why Miami should be the favorite.

- Tonight sucked. I can't put it any simpler. But we got a taste of a championship, and holy shit is it sweet. Like I said, I was smiling ear to ear almost crying about the prospect of seeing Tim holding that trophy. Hopefully that image is just being postponed til Thursday. One more guys, and if the Spurs win we will all look back at this and wish it hadn't happened any other way because this has the potential to be one of the greatest games of all time and the best game our franchise has ever seen in terms of intensity and importance. Believe, we haven't lost 2 straight all through the playoffs and I think that trend will continue. I wouldn't bet against a team with a hungry, motivated Tim and a Manu Ginobili who feels he let his team down. Just know Manu is going to do everything in his powers to assure Tim gets his ring.

TP-9
06-19-2013, 12:58 AM
BELIEVE! We can still win this guys.

SpurSwag
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Everyone's depressed, as they should be I guess, but there's hope. We're the better team, and they're crowd doesn't effect our guys that much clearly. We'll be ready

RD2191
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Bro, nice speech and all but we are going to get blown out in game 7

Starving Dalek
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
They can do it. These aren't kids that shrink from the spotlight. Our team is a bunch of veterans that have been through this before. No way in fucking hell will Tony and Timmy not come back with a vengeance.

ThePop
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
They're crowd may not effect anything, but the fact that we just emptied the tank and lost will. Duncan was limping around in overtime, everyone played close to 50 minutes. Momentum is on their side. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a blowout.

Rapper
06-19-2013, 01:06 AM
I hope so but the truth tells me Heat in 7

BillMc
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM
I think we can. LeBron played a hell of a lot of minutes too. It may be an ugly game between two tired teams.

But, you know, when your team wins a close one like that, sometimes the winner relaxes. Watches replays, ESPN, etc. Pats themselves on the back, lives in the recent past. The Spurs will be angry. Very angry. And they'll come back fighting. It's only a matter of if they have the energy to last the whole game.

SpurSwag
Personally, I see it going one of 2 ways. Either a heat blowout, or a spurs win. I think the spurs will win, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised by a heat blowout. I'm trying so hard to be positive, but honestly I've never been this dejected

NRHector
Believe what? That a video coordinator can coach better than a so call "coach"?

John B
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
I like the speech, but I'd rather be celebrating right now. It sucks. We were one free throw away!