PDA

View Full Version : Changes that MUST happen for game 7

Shabazz
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
First off, Tony Parker must trust his teammates. He can't keep ignoring wide open teammates to force bad shots against bigger defenders or multiple defenders. If he was on fire, it would be one thing. But when you are clearly having a bad shooting night, you can't keep being selfish.

Duncan must play more in the 4th quarter. This means get him into the game earlier in the 4th quarter, and please keep him on the floor in the closing moments when we need his rebounding and defense.

Manu must sit. He's only had one good game in the playoffs. Game 5 was fantastic, but tonight it was the same old same old from Manu. Just more turnovers and bad decisions from a guy who is past his prime. He could get away with the bad shot selection and bad decision-making when he was younger, because he could do amazing things. But now he hurts the team far more than he helps. Dude can't even hit 2 free throws in the clutch anymore. To say nothing of that terrible turnover late that was only fixed by an amazing Danny Green strip of Lebron. Manu is done. Give him the least amount of minutes possible. Start someone else.

When the opposing team needs a 3 late in the game... foul them. Don't give them shot after shot from the 3pt line.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Ummm a lil too late for all that, bro.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-19-2013, 12:57 AM
We need more of the Manu-Neal-Green-Splitter-Diaw lineup.

Shabazz
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Ummm a lil too late for all that, bro.

How is it too late to make these adjustments for game 7? Did I miss game 7?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
I'm thinking it might be smart for the Spurs not to practice at all, and simply just rest......and rest. They need all the rest they can get after an exhausting Game 6.

Rapper
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Heat in 7, period, end of story

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Let Bud be head coach for his final Spurs game.

cjw
06-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Let Bud be head coach for his final Spurs game.

He is undefeated right?

EIC
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM
We need more of the Manu-Neal-Green-Splitter-Diaw lineup.

You mean the Manu-Neal-Splitter-Green-Bonner lineup he threw in before halftime. WTF?!? Having Manu, Splitter, and Bonner on the court at the same time is like a total eclipse of basketball suckage. Mind = blown.

BTW, I'm in SD too.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-19-2013, 01:11 AM
You mean the Manu-Neal-Splitter-Green-Bonner lineup he threw in before halftime. WTF?!? Having Manu, Splitter, and Bonner on the court at the same time is like a total eclipse of basketball suckage. Mind = blown.

BTW, I'm in SD too.
I think the Bonner was only in there for 10 seconds to potentially get a 3. But starting the 4th quarter with your 3 best players on the bench is ridiculous.

John B
06-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I seriously like the TP, Green, Kawhi, Diaw and Duncan line-up. That was going so well until we sat the best 3 players at the start of 4th quarter. If we had to play Manu, please just protect the ball. He hurts the team more when he's forcing the issue. Spurs could seriously beat this team if they minimize the turnovers and hit their shots. The Heat obviously don't have an answer to Duncan. Just continue to pound Bosh. Close in on their 3 pointers and never leave Allen, Miller wide open. If Spurs their A game against the best of Heat, Spurs win. Go Spurs Go! Drive for the five baby!

Twisted_Dawg
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Pop needs to start Duncan, Meow, Leonard, Green and Parker.

Manu and Neal come in at 2:00 minute mark to spell Green and Parker and 1 minute into the second. Manu is warned the first stupid play/turnover he is benched . That's 21 minutes for Manu and Green in each half.

Tiaggo can come in for Duncan and Meow, Meow sliding to the 3 to spell Leonard.

That's 8 players and five of them play long minutes.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
Had about 50 of 'em now. Thank OP.

Dverde
06-19-2013, 01:52 AM
I agree that Coach Bud should coach.