PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Miami is better without Wade, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM
A hobbled Wade, of course..

The Heat are -53 points with Wade on the floor in this series, tbh:lol..

When Wade is hot, it doesn't matter, as we saw in game 4, he can dominate a game and play a huge role against the Spurs..

Outside of that game, he has hurt Miami..they don't have any spacing when he's on the floor, and his defense has been shaky..it's evident that his knee is limiting him..

Fortunately for the Spurs, Spoelstra can't sit him for long stretches in game 7..

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
:lol every Miami player had a +/- of -3 or better tonight except for Wade, with a -15

I still say SA has a great shot at game 7 because Popovich is more like to reduce his cancer's (Manu) minutes than Spoelstra is Wade's minutes. It's the obvious adjustment I see Pop making and Philibeaner ignoring since his team winning sends him the message he doesn't have to make any adjustments, which is evident by how the Heat can't win two in a row against good playoff teams.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
What is Manus +/- in the Finals? I bet it is double that tbh.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
:lol every Miami player had a +/- of -3 or better tonight except for Wade, with a -15

I still say SA has a great shot at game 7 because Popovich is more like to reduce his cancer's (Manu) minutes than Spoelstra is Wade's minutes. It's the obvious adjustment I see Pop making and Philibeaner ignoring since his team winning sends him the message he doesn't have to make any adjustments, which is evident by how the Heat can't win two in a row against good playoff teams.

I'd like to believe that, and the Spurs are indeed mentally tough (missed freethrows aside), but how the fuck do they recover psychologically from that?

Maybe it really is tougher for the fans than the players, as some have said. After all, they can do home and dry their eyes on their millions.

And at the end of the day, it's a kid's game. Not life and death.

Josepatches_
06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
He can't hit a 3 and that's a problem to open the court but he's a great help on defense.

They are trying to get him involved and sometimes it doesn't work. Tonight he killed their rythm when he came back in the 4th.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 01:17 AM
I agree with DOK, I'm actually pretty confident in the Spurs winning game 7, as long as Parker doesn't choke badly, tbh..

FkLA
06-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Play Boris Diaw more.

The less minutes Manu gets the better.

LarryDavid
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM

Those are HUGE differences. I doubt Spo limits his minutes, same as Pop with Manu. They will go out with the guys that got them there.

LarryDavid
06-19-2013, 01:23 AM
but how the fuck do they recover psychologically from that?

Maybe it really is tougher for the fans than the players, as some have said.

I think it's easier for the players because they know they can actually go out and do something to effect the outcome of the series.

lefty
06-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Some interesting LeBron/Wade stats from tonight and the entire series....

Quote:

LeBron was 5-17 with Wade on the floor. 6-9 with Wade off the floor. -19 in 33 mins with Wade. +18 in 16 mins w/o Wade.

Quote:

7 restricted area shots in 16 w/o Wade minutes for LeBron. 3 in 33 minutes with Wade.

Quote:

Heat O-Rtg with LeBron + Wade on court: 92.0. Heat O-Rtg with LeBron + no Wade: 143.3

Quote:

Oh and Heat D-Rtg with LeBron + Wade on court: 112.2. Heat D-Rtg with LeBron + no Wade: 72.7

Quote:

Let's go for the full series now. O-Rtg/D-Rtg with LBJ/Wade: 100.8/112.7 ... O-Rtg/D-Rtg with LBJ/NO Wade: 131.7/89.5

Quote:

Full series LeBron with Wade: 35-90 (38.9%), 17-32 in RA. Without Wade: 20-37 (54.1%), 13-14 in RA. 194 min w/ Wade, -56. 62 min w/o, +48.

Might need to limit Wade's minutes a bit on Thursday.

jimbo
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Agreed completely. There is no point in playing him when Lebron is on the court. It just makes Lebron think more and then limits the space Lebron has to work with. At home scrubs usually go hot (and cold on the road) so I could see the argument for playing Wade in San Antonio for more consistency, but at home it just makes more sense to go with shooters.

jimbo
06-19-2013, 01:33 AM
I agree with DOK, I'm actually pretty confident in the Spurs winning game 7, as long as Parker doesn't choke badly, tbh..

Now that's not gonna happen.

Phillip
06-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Additionally, in the one game where Wade got hot, he did his best work when LeBron was on the bench.

Wade needs to be 6th man next year.

D-Wade
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Sometimes they work together, sometimes they don't. This is one of those games where they didn't. They worked fine in game 4, though Wade was best at the top of the 4th minus Lebron. Wade also recently has had better chemistry with Bosh than Bron has.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Wade makes LeBron play more passive, whether it's by whining about his touches or just wrecking the spacing of the offense, tbh..... they were never a good fit from day one....

Samuel Eto'o
06-19-2013, 11:07 AM

Dem goods. The Heat are lucky as shit to get away with having Wade throw up that brick late in OT with the Heat up 1. Who the fuck thought that was a good play? It should have cost them the game.

Samuel Eto'o
06-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Also, I am still waiting for an ESPN analyst to point this out (Heat playing better without Wade). It seems so obvious when you watch the game, but no one wants to go near it :lol

Josepatches_
06-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Dem goods. The Heat are lucky as shit to get away with having Wade throw up that brick late in OT with the Heat up 1. Who the fuck thought that was a good play? It should have cost them the game.

Yeah, up by 1 with 31 seconds left to the end of the overtime. Bad shot and he should wait to end the shot clock,not with 5 or 6 seconds left giving us extra seconds.

Rogue
06-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Additionally, in the one game where Wade got hot, he did his best work when LeBron was on the bench.

Wade needs to be 6th man next year.
True. their playing styles overlay each other to some extent, which often makes wade look like a surplus when Bron is also on the court. Miami would be better off with wade playing the 6th man and I believe I said the exact same thing as early as during the 11' finals if i remember correct. I'm not hinting that Phillip plagiarized me or something, great minds just think similar imho

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Sometimes they work together, sometimes they don't. This is one of those games where they didn't. They worked fine in game 4, though Wade was best at the top of the 4th minus Lebron. Wade also recently has had better chemistry with Bosh than Bron has.
It only works when teams have to respect Wade's jumper. When LeBron had the ball, the Spurs were constantly doubling off Wade.

Of course, the reverse is true too -- Wade's been way more effective with LeBron on the bench, because the Spurs were doubling him off of LeBron.