PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles bans plastic grocery bags

Jacob1983
06-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Wow. This is sad. Yes, I know about how long it takes for plastic to degrade and all that hippie environmental shit. I don't care. This is laughable. I mean if people had a better reason for the ban like "to stop murderers from suffocating people" then at least, I would give the ban a little respect. This is just sad and downright pathetic and a waste of tax payers' money. If you ban plastic grocery bags, why not ban shit that actually kills people like tobacco and alcohol. Oh wait a minute, that can't happen because Americans love to smoke their cigs and drink their beer. It's their right as American citizens to put poison in their bodies. However, you can't use a plastic bag because it might destroy or damage the environment in 500 years when you have been dead for centuries. No one is going to use reusable bags or paper bags. People like plastic bags because they stretch and are easy to use. Having to use a reusable bag is too much responsibility for lazy America. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-plastic-bags-20130619,0,3437718.story

CuckingFunt
06-19-2013, 01:55 AM
People like plastic bags because they stretch and are easy to use.

Except they don't and they aren't.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2013, 02:03 AM
people like plastic bags cause it gives them something to throw their trash in

Wild Cobra
06-19-2013, 04:02 AM
We went through some arguments here in Oregon not long ago about banning them here. Maybe it was just Portland, or Multnomah county, but one argument about not banning them was that the bags are made of petroleum waste products that we are stuck with one way or another, anyway.

Sportcamper
06-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Progressive Companies and grocery stores in So Cal have been using green bags made from corn extract for years…Banning plastic is really no big real…You People from 3rd world Countries should have them available in a decade or so…

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
:lmao @ the emo melt down.

Rogue
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Ban tobacco and alcohol? then where would the government extract billions of dollars of tax from? and where would my goddess buy cigarettes to smoke?

it's a good move to ban plastic bags imho. shit is hard to decompose in the natural environment, while recycling those shits should emit tons of smoke to the atmosphere which ends up harming the environment more than just burying them into the ground. Just carry a cloth bag whenever you go to a supermarket, and I don't think that's much harder than putting your shorts on before going to the treadmill work everyday imho.

leemajors
06-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Austin got rid of them a few months back, it's no biggie at all. I forget my reusable ones all the time but it's not a bad idea to only buy what you can carry anyway.

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 08:45 AM
how many plastic bags from one barrel of oil?

how many barrels of USA's 20 MILLION barrels/day consumed go to plastic bags?

This isn't the way to reduce oil consumption or up the environment.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-19-2013, 09:16 AM
how many plastic bags from one barrel of oil?

how many barrels of USA's 20 MILLION barrels/day consumed go to plastic bags?

This isn't the way to reduce oil consumption or up the environment.
This is undoubtedly a way to help the environment. By no means is it a major solution to our environmental problems (no one's saying it is), but anyone who's aware of the environmental damage plastic does would support this. There's no reason why grocery bags can't be reusable, and if the disposable bags are phased out completely it'll reduce the cost of groceries.

TeyshaBlue
06-19-2013, 09:40 AM
This is undoubtedly a way to help the environment. By no means is it a major solution to our environmental problems (no one's saying it is), but anyone who's aware of the environmental damage plastic does would support this. There's no reason why grocery bags can't be reusable, and if the disposable bags are phased out completely it'll reduce the cost of groceries.

I have a pantry full of ghei, canvas shopping bags. Thanks Obama!!111:madrun

I do like to use the plastic ones as a car litter bag tho.:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-19-2013, 09:41 AM
I have a pantry full of ghei, canvas shopping bags. Thanks Obama!!111:madrun

I do like to use the plastic ones as a car litter bag tho.:lol
I use the plastic ones to pick up dog shit :lol

TeyshaBlue
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080130030645/uncyclopedia/images/e/e1/Guiness-Brilliant%21.jpg

Blake
06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Way back when I worked at HEB, I remember when Europeans would come in, they freaked out that not only did HEB provide paper or plastic bags for free, but the clerks also bagged the groceries and took them to the car.

We're so spoiled. Still.

Sportcamper
06-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Why were Europeans visiting SA...To see the Riverwalk...

Th'Pusher
06-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm so sick of the fed, err I mean state, err make that municipal government denying me my liberty and infringing on my Right as an American to use plastic shopping bags!

Blake
06-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Why were Europeans visiting SA...To see the Riverwalk...

It's possible they were visiting family here.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2013, 12:40 PM
I think it's mostly because people get tired of seeing them getting stuck in trees for years. Most of the shopping bags they sell now take up much more petroleum and carbon to make.

Frank Dux
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Having to use a reusable bag is too much responsibility for lazy America.

I think you're projecting your own laziness.

BobaFett1
06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I think this a good idea. I use reusable bags from Wal Mart when I shop for grocery items.

coyotes_geek
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Having to use a reusable bag is too much responsibility for lazy America.

No doubt. I predict mass starvation will result from people forgetting their reusable bags and only being able to purchase whatever food they can carry in their own two hands.

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
grocery tote bags have been shown to get nasty (half of all food sicknesses are from produce), so they need serious washing, disinfecting.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/06/25/study-reusable-bags-green-but-not-clean/

BobaFett1
06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
grocery tote bags have been shown to get nasty (half of all food sicknesses are from produce), so they need serious washing, disinfecting.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/06/25/study-reusable-bags-green-but-not-clean/

So that where folks take personal action to make that work.

JudynTX
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm all for this. I wish San Antonio would ban them. It's not my fault you forget your reusable bags when you go to HEB or Walmart.

TeyshaBlue
06-19-2013, 02:32 PM
They're bout to ban them in Dallas.

DMC
06-19-2013, 05:19 PM
LA saving the plastic for the faces, breasts, lips and cheeks of it's wealthier citizens.

DMC
06-19-2013, 05:20 PM

You eat at Taco Cabana?

Bill_Brasky
06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Austin got rid of them at the beginning of the year. It's no big deal you just buy some reusable ones and they'll last forever.

BobaFett1
06-19-2013, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n44kF2FCNRE

Jacob1983
06-20-2013, 01:48 AM
It's the principle. If a woman can abort her baby, I should be allowed to use a plastic grocery bag if I want to do so. I shouldn't have to use the same bag over and over again. When I take a dump, I don't re-use the same toilet paper I used to wipe my ass. This is just another stupid waste of time and money. Just leave it alone. Why not do something that is actually going to help people? Like catch rapists and murderers and send them to prison? Or how about catching people that steal people's shit?

ChumpDumper
06-20-2013, 03:32 AM
You are free to abort yourself with a plastic bag.