PDA

View Full Version : Initial Thoughts About Game 7

timvp
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
(I can't stop shaking my head. I'm not mad or sad ...... I guess in shock is the closest description.)

Anyways, instead of replaying those final possessions in my brain for the 2,000th time, let's discuss what could happen in Game 7. The two main obstacles:

-Duncan got his knee rolled up on and was limping to end the game.

-The heavy minutes made this the worst possible way to lose Game 6.

Can we expect anything from Duncan? A gimpy knee and coming off 44 minutes? I know he's a warrior but, damn, at some point there's just nothing left in the tank to give. Maybe he can surprise but it'd be unfair to expect more out of him.

Parker on a stiff hamstring after a long game ...... it's not going to be easy. He didn't play very well tonight, though, so it's reasonable he can improve as long as his body cooperates.

Ginobili played long minutes. But he can't play worse in Game 7. Let's leave it at that.

Leonard and Diaw probably can't improve on their level of play.

Everyone else could improve.

The one thing the Spurs have going the other way is Wade looked pretty damn injured in the second half. If he's hurting in Game 7, if the Spurs can keep LeBron in check, if Bosh can stay lukewarm, if their role players succumb to the pressure ... and the Spurs can survive a worse Duncan by others picking up their level of play .... then there's hope.

Believe.

It's fvcking hard but....

Believe.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Maybe I'll believe on Thursday but I just can't right now.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Every time I say a cuss word I owe my son a dollar. He became a millionaire tonight.

Not sure how...but Spurs in 7.

Believe.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Tim, Tony and Manu looked like they wanted to throw up at the post game presser..

I just can't see anyone bouncing back from that...

28 seconds away with a 5 pt lead.. You just don't get over that...

Tim_duncan21
06-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Spurs can win it. Hope duncan's ok.

slayermin
06-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Who knows what the hell is going to happen on Thursday? No one does. But I know one thing. This is my team and I am going to ride with them until the end. I hoped, prayed, the Spurs would win it in five or even six. But deep down, I knew it was going to go 7.

The Heat won 66 games this year. They had home court. I don't think Spurs fans really understood the daunting task our guys had in front of them. Yet they still have a chance to win it. If you give up on them, can you blame them if they gave up on themselves?

BELIEVE!

ViceCity84
(I can't stop shaking my head. I'm not mad or sad ...... I guess in shock is the closest description.)

Anyways, instead of replaying those final possessions in my brain for the 2,000th time, let's discuss what could happen in Game 7. The two main obstacles:

Can we expect anything from Duncan? A gimpy knee and coming off 44 minutes? I know he's a warrior but, damn, at some point there's just nothing left in the tank to give. Maybe he can surprise but it'd be unfair to expect more out of him.

Parker on a stiff hamstring after a long game ...... it's not going to be easy. He didn't play very well tonight, though, so it's reasonable he can improve as long as his body cooperates.

Ginobili played long minutes. But he can't play worse in Game 7. Let's leave it at that.

The one thing the Spurs have going the other way is Wade looked pretty damn injured in the second half. If he's hurting in Game 7, if the Spurs can keep LeBron in check, if Bosh can stay lukewarm, if their role players succumb to the pressure ... and the Spurs can survive a worse Duncan by others picking up their level of play .... then there's hope.

Believe.

Heat role players dont flinch.Chalmers Allen and Battier are assassins
This Heat team are assassins since their game 6 loss to Mavs
4-0 in elimination games.

Believe.

hooperflash
This is it, Go Spurs Go!

Starving Dalek
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Believe.

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Isn't Game 7 a must win???

Trying to keep up the spirits...

chrhawk
06-19-2013, 01:33 AM
If the Spurs win Game 7 on Thursday then this Game 6 loss would make for an excellent segment on the 2013 Championship DVD.

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 01:33 AM
I believe, tbh.

EIC
06-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Less than 1% chance. It will take all of the following:

-> D. Wade being injured and essentially ineffective
-> The Heat's shooters having an off night; no big threes from Allen, Miller, or Battier
-> Chalmers reverting back into his clown-nosed worthless self
-> Neal and Green hitting mad threes a la Game 3
-> Diaw playing D like he did in Game 5 and shooting like he did against the Grizz
-> Leonard replicating this performance
-> Ginobili not playing or simply not being allow to pass or shoot

In reality, I expect James to drive to the basket like there's no tomorrow and for the Heat's shooters to be given the green light to rain threes all night long. The Heat will likely be up by 16 at half, with Spurs scrubs playing the entire fourth quarter. Heat by 25. At least.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Manu will prove everyone who is doubting him wrong. I thought he couldn't play worse than he did in game 4, and boy, was I wrong.

wtgspurs
06-19-2013, 01:38 AM
I believe...Kawhi and Duncan is the Key. I would never rest them at the beginning of any quarters until the final minute of each quarter and I will drill them hard the 4th quarter. NO REST! WE NEED THIS RING!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2013, 01:39 AM
I give us a 20% chance in game 7, if that. Unfortunately, a couple of bad bounces, a couple of missed free throws, and we just threw away Tim's best chance at a fifth ring.

Tim, Tony and Kawhi delivered this game on a platter to the team, and unfortunately Manu, who used to be a clutch free-throw shooter, isn't any more. I know Kawhi missed one as well, but without his brilliance we wouldn't even have been close to winning this game.

Spurs fans all over the world are calling for Pop's head after this game, but his thinking is quite clear - up 5 points with 28 seconds to go you defend the three-point line. Now, upon further consideration, maybe he should have figured that Bosh was not going to shoot a three and thus he could have left Tim on, but a lot of other coaches would have done exactly what Pop did in that situation. As it turns out, with 2020 hindsight it was the wrong decision, but Pop wasn't the reason we lost this game. The reason was two missed free throws in the last minute, and a couple of very unfortunate bounces on rebounds... the first one was incredibly bad luck given that both Kawhi and Boris were going for it and spoiled each other, and it just happened to drop into Mike Miller's hands for the pitch out to LBJ.

I'm very saddened to say that I wouldn't be surprised if we play a good first half but get blown out in the second half of game 7.

Today we were close, so very fucking close, as close as you can fucking get to winning without winning, and we're all devastated, but such is life. It's just a game of basketball... :pctoss

PS Actually, once I get over the disappointment of today, I'll be able to remember what an incredible ride this season has been. It's not actually the destination that is important so much as the journey, and even if the Spurs' destiny is to be runners-up this year, what a journey it has been. And regardless of whether we win the championship, people now clearly have to acknowledge the brilliance of this sustained Spurs dynasty.

baseline bum
I'll go down with the ship with Manu if that's what it takes. I thought playing him at the end was the right move despite how bad he was all night.

slayermin
Dude, these guys have been through every situation. The Heat are a great team. But really, I feel better about Thursday than I did against the Pistons in '05. And we had home court against Detroit in game 7.

I look forward to game 7. It's poetic in many ways. The Spurs last chance to win a title and it comes against the defending champs, in their house, after they just served up a cold blooded dagger near a vital organ.

If we lose, we lose. But I have a feeling we aren't going out like that.

BillMc
If the Spurs win Game 7 on Thursday then this Game 6 loss would make for an excellent segment on the 2013 Championship DVD.

I agree. The Heat burned a lot of energy too. LeBron played 50 minutes...

They say after a stinging loss you just want to play again. Well, they'll get that chance. As I said, I'd say we still have about a 40% chance of winning. Which ain't bad in the big picture. BELIEVE!!

slick'81
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
After this season u can't doubt this spurs team.this has been a epic 7 game series that we all expected and our spurs still have a shot let's just believe

Rapper
06-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Duncan played extremely well in Game 6 I did not expect him to play so well like that and Leonard had a good game too

We cant expect Timmy to continue having a good game like game 6.On the other hand Tp made a huge 3 and 2 in last min

In fact, the spurs had a B+ game tonight

There is no chance for us to steal Game 7 in their won arena

Letˊs focus on off season

BillMc
06-19-2013, 01:44 AM
If Wade is injured and LeBron gassed, we may have more of a chance than some think here.

Ice009
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
Why are so many of you giving up? Have you not learned anything about coming back from adversity. It's tough. It's not easy.

You can't give up before the game has even begun. So many teams do this against Miami, and that is why they get rolled.

Even Brandon Jennings, as crazy as he seemed, in round 1, never gave up. Why should the Spurs?

So what, we lost a tough game 6. We still get another chance and that is rare. We can't come in like game 6 against the Lakers in 2004. Gotta bring it. Everyone. Spurs can win anywhere, they can definitely do it here.

The best chance the Spurs will have is if they hang with the Heat, then the pressure might start to set it for the Heat. Like TD said, Spurs got to execute for longer and finish this time.

beachwood
"It's not supposed to be easy."

Two10Whitey
I'm so glad I don't have work tomorrow. I can't even sleep. Unbelievable loss. It's not over until it's over but damn.. All of the energy spent into this game.. Spurs will bounce back at first but they might be too drained for a full 48 minutes of basketball. Every damn player better show up. Especially Ginobili. Moment of truth on Thursday.

chrhawk
I'll go down with the ship with Manu if that's what it takes. I thought playing him at the end was the right move despite how bad he was all night.

The Spurs still wish they took that last timeout in OT tbh, but it is what it is. I thought I'd never see the day when I cringed everytime Manu had the ball in a big game. But I think he responds Thursday, the man is still the heart and soul of the Spurs.

LarryDavid
They say after a stinging loss you just want to play again. Well, they'll get that chance.

This.

TrainOfThought5
Maybe I'll believe on Thursday but I just can't right now.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM
I agree. The Heat burned a lot of energy too. LeBron played 50 minutes...

They say after a stinging loss you just want to play again. Well, they'll get that chance. As I said, I'd say we still have about a 40% chance of winning. Which ain't bad in the big picture. BELIEVE!!

That isn't shit to him because he's the best conditioned athlete in the NBA and he's in his prime.

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM

Believe.

Believe.

One thing that many people are forgetting is that we didn't get much from our offensive X factor in Danny Green for game 6. I think that REALLY hurt us. More than most of the posters here realize. His 3's in some ways became a focal point of our offense. Miami, well, I've gotta give them credit. They did a damn good job controlling Green. What kind of adjustments do you think Pop will make to help Green get some 3's?

slayermin
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Don't be scared of game 7. Relish it.

EIC
If Wade is injured and LeBron gassed, we may have more of a chance than some think here.

If 28-year-old LeBron James is gassed, what does that make Tony, Tim, and Manu?

TrainOfThought5
The Spurs still wish they took that last timeout in OT tbh, but it is what it is. I thought I'd never see the day when I cringed everytime Manu had the ball in a big game. But I think he responds Thursday, the man is still the heart and soul of the Spurs.

No he isnt. Tim Duncan is STILL the heart abd soul of this team. and if Ginobili doesnt give us '05 like vintage quality with 30/10/7 to make up for duncans injury, we'll probably lose

slick'81
Why are so many of you giving up? Have you not learned anything about coming back from adversity. It's tough. It's not easy.

You can't give up before the game has even begun. So many teams do this against Miami, and that is why they get rolled.

Even Brandon Jennings, as crazy as he seemed, in round 1, never gave up. Why should the Spurs?

So what, we lost a tough game 6. We still get another chance and that is rare. We can't come in like game 6 against the Lakers in 2004. Gotta bring it. Everyone. Spurs can win anywhere, they can definitely do it here.

The best chance the Spurs will have is if they hang with the Heat, then the pressure might start to set it for the Heat. Like TD said, Spurs got to execute for longer and finish this time.

Like POP said its the finals its not supposed to b easy

ezau
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
We got this! I believe the Game 6 loss is more than enough motivation to finally close out this shit.

chrhawk
06-19-2013, 01:50 AM
No he isnt. Tim Duncan is STILL the heart abd soul of this team. and if Ginobili doesnt give us '05 like vintage quality with 30/10/7 to make up for duncans injury, we'll probably lose

I didn't mean best player I meant emotional leader. When Ginobili plays well it energizes the entire Spurs team.

moisaenz
06-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Everyone can say that being here is playing with house money but being this close and losing is demoralizing.. especially because everyone knows that is the end.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Heat showed real championship mettle. They made so many classic plays tonight. They ain't gonna lose a game 7on their home court against a demoralized and injured Spurs team.

LeBron is the real deal, and Miami is the better team.
Hope I'm wrong.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:06 AM
I think the players will regroup or at least put it in the back of there mind, it's a one game series now all on the table but if Pop fucked this one up then he can very well fuck up game 7. I don't trust him to do what needs to be done, play the starters long long minutes and stop over thinking bull shit.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:07 AM
Heat showed real championship mettle. They made so many classic plays tonight. They ain't gonna lose a game 7on their home court against a demoralized and injured Spurs team.

Hope I'm wrong.

Lebron is the real deal???

He sucked shit in the first half and Ray Allen is the reason they won along with Pop.. Lebron is a choker.. This 2nd ring will be his last in Miami...

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:08 AM
If 28-year-old LeBron James is gassed, what does that make Tony, Tim, and Manu?

Lebron will be ready but Wade won't be.. He's 31 and beat to shit..

hyhy
06-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Just be happy this was game 6 and not game 7

Mal
06-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Spurs are truly fucked. I dont expect nothing out of game 7, for reason not being disappointed, again... Duncan hurt, Parker hurt, Ginobili is done. Green was shutdown, Splitter have no respect out of refs, they call everything against him. Pop is too stuborn to bench Ginobili and Spurs would have won it, even with freakin De Colo instead of him.

Man In Black
Who knows what the hell is going to happen on Thursday? No one does. But I know one thing. This is my team and I am going to ride with them until the end. I hoped, prayed, the Spurs would win it in five or even six. But deep down, I knew it was going to go 7.

The Heat won 66 games this year. They had home court. I don't think Spurs fans really understood the daunting task our guys had in front of them. Yet they still have a chance to win it. If you give up on them, can you blame them if they gave up on themselves?

BELIEVE!
I'm all in with SlayerMin! Spurs in 7!

EIC
Lebron will be ready but Wade won't be.. He's 31 and beat to shit..

Let's hope.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:13 AM
This POS Heat team is ready to be put down you could see it all playoffs long. The only question was could the Spurs play well enough to do it? Next year the Heat will NOT win the title. Pacers have their number, Bulls will be healthy, OKC will be back..

It just fucking sucks to lose this one... So bad..

EIC
06-19-2013, 02:13 AM

In all honesty, it was a Game 6.5. Game 7 is basically a ceremonial formality at this point. Spurs winning this Game 7 would be a million times more shocking than the Red Sox coming back from an 0-3 deficit against the Yankees in 2004.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Lebron is the real deal???

He sucked shit in the first half and Ray Allen is the reason they won along with Pop.. Lebron is a choker.. This 2nd ring will be his last in Miami...

Are you mental? LeBron scored a triple double, 32 points, 11 assists & 10 rebounds. 18 points after the 3rd quarter. Is that what you call a choker?
Don't be a hater/lamer.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Are you mental? LeBron scored a triple double, 32 points, 11 assists & 10 rebounds. 18 points after the 3rd quarter. Is that what you call a choker?
Don't be a hater/lamer.

Yeah lets just look at the stat sheet and not how he actually played..

Always a smart choice.. Heat are losing the game without Allen bailing them out and Queen James missed an ass load of shots..

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 02:17 AM
TD is NOT hurt. He was limping but it wasn't serious. He's just tired more than anything. What really worries me is that Bosh only played 39 minutes and Wade only 30, both less than TD and TP. Combine that with Lebron being the best conditioned player in the game and they seem to have a better chance at having more left in the tank than we do. Man...I just need to sleep this off. I can't keep talking about this shit.

objective
06-19-2013, 03:28 AM
can't overcome Pop.

biziofromdowntown
06-19-2013, 03:45 AM
Sorry to sa that, but this time i can't belive. The wheels felt off. That's the worst way to finish Duncan's history. He deserves 5 ring but this team cannot help him to win.
don't belive anymore

Bill_Brasky
06-19-2013, 03:51 AM
If you woulda told me in June of last year that we'd be playing a game seven in Miami this season i woulda said bring it the fuck on :flag:

FkLA
06-19-2013, 03:55 AM
If you woulda told me in June of last year that we'd be playing a game seven in Miami this season i woulda said bring it the fuck on :flag:

Yeah, but if I told you that with 30 seconds left in Game 6 you wouldve said fuck no.

biziofromdowntown
06-19-2013, 03:57 AM
Yeah, but if I told you that with 30 seconds left in Game 6 you wouldve said fuck no.
+10000

TampaDude
06-19-2013, 03:57 AM
5!

We did it!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Tim, Tony and Manu looked like they wanted to throw up at the post game presser..

I just can't see anyone bouncing back from that...

28 seconds away with a 5 pt lead.. You just don't get over that...

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Listen guys I love the feel-good stories of the ways the Spurs can bounce back and win Game 7 and yada yada yada but the fact of the matter is that the Spurs are likely going to lose this game, and the series. I mean seriously, it would take a damn near miracle to win Game 7 and the Spurs just don't have the juice in the tank. It can't be stated enough how tough it is to bounce back from a demoralizing game like this, on one day's rest no less. Odds are the Spurs are losing this series. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

ForeignFan
06-19-2013, 04:13 AM
We got this! I believe the Game 6 loss is more than enough motivation to finally close out this shit.

+1. I hope the Spurs will be extra-motivated rather than depressed. I think their skin is hard enough. Also we can expect more from Green, Ginobili and Parker (if relatively healthy). As to players being exhausted, I am not sure it plays in favour of Miami

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 04:13 AM
both teams burned energy but i'm pretty sure you'd burn more to be on the losing end of a close game.

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 04:14 AM

Uh this pretty much was game 7 for the Spurs..

John_C
06-19-2013, 04:15 AM
of the 5 finals we went to, this may be the toughest yet, and this may be our best championship yet

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 04:16 AM

If I would've told you that in Game 6 when we were up 4 points with 20 seconds left that we were going to royally choke and lose in OT, you would've said hell no to that too.

dg7md
06-19-2013, 04:18 AM
How we lost didn't really matter at this point. We wouldn't have even gone into overtime if not for Tony Parker heroballing that 3 point shot. So, things were set up for us to lose anyway if not for our own miracle shot.

Game 6 means nothing now. Game 7 you start over, momentum does not carry, for better or for worse.

nkdlunch
06-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Well be ok and well compete

Jeez what a bunch of drama queens

Legacy
06-19-2013, 06:30 AM
With all of these back and forth beatdowns going on in this crazy-ass series. I'll just go with the same damn pattern. It's The Spurs' time, once again, to respond. Not only will they respond... but they will also have the last word as well as the last laugh because... well... it's Game 7. That's it. End of story. So... Spuuuurrrrsss, guess what?? TAG! YOU'RE IT!! Yep, this theory works for me right now. :p:

Jenks
06-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Can't win a close game with Ginobili in at crunch time. Liability on both ends. Let him start and eat minutes but his ability to blow games during these playoffs is like nothing I've ever seen. People worship the "game winning" 3 he took vs Golden State, forgetting they only needed it because he blew the game on the previous 2 possessions. 1 game left, it needs to stop.

Duncan, Diaw, Kawhi, Green, and Parker down the stretch. No variations. No getting fucking cute. Game 7 is just as winnable as game 6, we just need a throwback game from Pop, back to the days when he wasn't senile.

No one has won 2 in a row this series. The Spurs are an all time great road team. Believe until it's over.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Tbh it's so hard to see who is the better team because it's just been a pattern of one team losing, then coming back with a winning strategy. Neither team has been able to properly counter the opposing team's strategy in-game. It's the Spurs' turn to plan out an attack for game 7 though. They can still do this.

Legacy
06-19-2013, 06:49 AM
:lol Taking Game 1 in Miami = The Life-Saver for The Spurs in this series.
:lol Game of Tag

Pako
06-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Every year i bet for spurs with odds like 1/25, 1/12, etc. to be champ.. No way i will give up on spurs this far with a much better odds... Go spurs go...

Pako
06-19-2013, 06:54 AM
��

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Dude, these guys have been through every situation. The Heat are a great team. But really, I feel better about Thursday than I did against the Pistons in '05. And we had home court against Detroit in game 7.

I look forward to game 7. It's poetic in many ways. The Spurs last chance to win a title and it comes against the defending champs, in their house, after they just served up a cold blooded dagger near a vital organ.

If we lose, we lose. But I have a feeling we aren't going out like that.

My feelings are the opposite: in 2005 I was confident we'd win game 7, but right now I'm pretty sure we just blew our chance given the age of the team and how broken they must feel after losing like that.

Let's hope your feelings are right and mine wrong. ;)

DPG21920
06-19-2013, 08:17 AM

I said the exact same thing while watching with screaming fans who wanted Manu out. Sad he didn't reward his team.

sanman53
06-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Believe in Tim Duncan! He looked focused last night. He wants it. He'll be ready!

silverblackfan
06-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Duncan's knee is also my main worry about Thursday. Damn Bosh just rolled onto Tim's leg. I haven't the heart to look at the replays, but praying that brace did it's miracle function again.
The fatigue should affect all the players, but mostly the Spurs Big 3. I honestly thought game 6 was the one to win and they nearly did it. It will the a very, very tough game on Thursday, but if they win...it would be the best ever.

The Spurs have had control most every quarter of every game. If they can just do it one more game.

I always will be a fan and do love this team.

silverblackfan
06-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Can't win a close game with Ginobili in at crunch time. Liability on both ends. Let him start and eat minutes but his ability to blow games during these playoffs is like nothing I've ever seen. People worship the "game winning" 3 he took vs Golden State, forgetting they only needed it because he blew the game on the previous 2 possessions. 1 game left, it needs to stop.

Duncan, Diaw, Kawhi, Green, and Parker down the stretch. No variations. No getting fucking cute. Game 7 is just as winnable as game 6, we just need a throwback game from Pop, back to the days when he wasn't senile.

No one has won 2 in a row this series. The Spurs are an all time great road team. Believe until it's over.

I have to agree that the finishing line up should be without Manu, unless he is on fire and the Spurs are leading. Otherwise, don't give him the chance to blow the game. I love him and his heart, but other than game 5, this series has exposed him.

polandprzem
06-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Spurs gave it all
Physically they just have no more 48 minutes to give
All those Heat role players now will play like crazy along with that shitty Battier and Allen. They will be fucking killing us again.
We had a low turnover game except for Manu. Another bad sign.
Tbh Gino cannot learn anything about Miami defense.
1 game ahead. Just one game. Game 7 a home team have no right to lose.

On presser you could see Tim and Pop being furious mad. That was the chance.
Spurs might be motivated but our role players, I don't know if they can break through game 7 in spectacular fashion. It's all about our bench guys. And as I said b4. We need someone to get going. Neal? Yea fuckin neal!

Just when I thought I could not get worse disappointed by the spurs then last year. Here it comes....
5% I give
I give 5%

team-work
06-19-2013, 09:48 AM
"We have reached our limits."

This is the quote from last year's Pop after the game 6 loss to OKC int the WCF. It kept coming up in my brain after it almost went blank following up the boxscore about 12 hours ago.

Funny thing is, with almost the same group of guys, we went past last year's limit, so who knows if the sky is our limit? We have witnessed the team bouncing back from many types of losses in this series, from blowouts to the Heats' Big 3 combining for 85 points or so.

I cannot predict what will happen, but I feel grateful to be a Spurs fan and enjoy this ride via this Forum.

superbigtime
06-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Never say never, but if the Spurs win game 7 it would be as shocking as the way they let Game 6 slip away. These guys are only human, I just have no idea how they can muster the resolve to play well and with confidence. Game 6 was their shot and Manu blew it for the team. Sad but true.

phxspurfan
06-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Game 7 has blowout written all over it. Heat took our best shot and due to a horrific coaching mistake (taking Duncan out twice), we lost the championship.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Game 7 has blowout written all over it. Heat took our best shot and due to a horrific coaching mistake (taking Duncan out twice), we lost the championship.

EVAY
06-19-2013, 10:37 AM

I agree with you. Even though my husband kept shouting "Get him out of there", I kept thinking to myself "Each one of our big three has earned the right to be on the floor tonight at the very end, no matter what happens:.

Yuixafun
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
At the least a star is being born in Leonard...

Seems flimsy hope..

But out of all the players I think he can Bounce Back the best.

He doesn't have the Spectre of "this is the last chance" Looming over him, like TD TP and Manu

but I think He's playing for something more than a Trophy anyway.

Darius McCrary
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
I said the exact same thing while watching with screaming fans who wanted Manu out. Sad he didn't reward his team.

The thing about it is there's no other choice. Who the hell realistically plays of Manu is not? There's no one. Pop had to play him.

Agloco
06-19-2013, 10:50 AM
I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Spurs pull out Game 7. Stranger things have happened though. That's why you play the games.

DaBears
06-19-2013, 10:53 AM
I cant wait till game 7.... I think this is just what the spurs needed... they needed to be reminded how devastating of a feeling it is, to be so close feels and have it slip through your fingertips. I think they come out more hungry in game 7 and take it from Mami..

** Manu will come out firing in gm 7, watch, he doesnt want to be remembered as a scrub & no show......

** This what most of us said would happen in the series, SPURS in 6 or 7, has something changed.:flag:

TDomination
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Its an odd year, and an odd game. This is an odd team, we will win game 7

Sportcamper
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
When the Spurs win Game 7 on Thursday then this Game 6 loss will make for an excellent segment on the 2013 Championship DVD.

FIFU :tu

Rick Von Braun
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I am surprised about the lack of testicular fortitude by the majority of so called fans in this board. If you we're given a chance at the beginning of the season to play for all the marbles in one game, wouldn't you have taken it?

Geeeee, root for your team until the end or get the fuck out.

1. Believe!

phxspurfan
06-19-2013, 11:41 AM

Hope I'm wrong.

What the hell? We choked this game away, no way. We were the better team for 3 quarters tonight and the only reason the Heat won is because of Manu's turnovers, missed FTs, and shitty coaching/lineup decisions. This loss was totally on us. And we were very much the better team. Having a double digit lead through 3 quarters in an elimination game on the road while holding their two best players to under 20 points on less than 40% shooting through 3 quarters proved it.