PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Fire Popovich..

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Yes, I'm saying the unthinkable, something I never thought I'd be saying, and yes it's for sitting Duncan like that. That wasn't only stupid, it was extremely arrogant. It showed that Pop thinks the organization is about him and that he controls it, not the players. Tim Duncan is the biggest reason we have 4 championships. If you ask anyone the first name that comes to mind when they hear "San Antonio Spurs", it's Tim Duncan, not Gregg Popovich. What Pop did is disgusting. He didn't only bench the best rebounder on either team, he benched the franchise player, the person that this organization is most loyal to, and this was after him having a monster game. This level of arrogance he showed tonight will be what I remember about him most, and it speaks louder than his 4 championships. Absolutely disgusting, Pop should hear it from the player and fans.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Trusting Boris Diaw and Tiago Splitter over the best player in franchise history is very questionable.

lefty
06-19-2013, 01:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNF_JQfCAAMbwB5.png:large

namlook
06-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Pop makes questionable and stubborn decisions at times but they certainly wouldn't be in the finals without him.

Rogue
06-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Fire Pop and the Spurs won't even get past the 1st round imho. pop built the system that makes scrubs look like marginal all-stars. I don't think theres another Coach out there who could've done a better job than Pop with such limited finance. Pop is the Alex Ferguson of basketball imho

irishock
06-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Fire Pop and the Spurs won't even get past the 1st round imho. pop built the system that makes scrubs look like marginal all-stars. I don't think theres another Coach out there who could've done a better job than Pop with such limited finance. Pop is the Alex Ferguson of basketball imho

Chewing gum only looks good because of his unlimited budget, tbh. Pop develops D-league All Stars into difference makers in the NBA Finals.

lefty
06-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Chewing gum only looks good because of his unlimited budget, tbh. Pop develops D-league All Stars into difference makers in the NBA Finals.
Fergie has developed young players as well

Stop the BS

irishock
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM
True, true. :lol but for Pop to be the Alex Ferguson of basketball he'd be coaching teams with $128 million payrolls right now.

Rogue
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Ferguson never has unlimited budget imho, especially after the Glazers bought up that club

lefty
06-19-2013, 01:50 AM
True, true. :lol but for Pop to be the Alex Ferguson of basketball he'd be coaching teams with $128 million payrolls right now.
Ive seen worse :lol

Citeh, Cheski :lol

lefty
06-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Ferguson never has unlimited budget imho, especially after the Glazers bought up that club
true

Salty
06-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Doesn't this shit belong upstairs?

ElNono
06-19-2013, 02:08 AM
:lol

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 02:20 AM
tbh, Harlem makes these reactionary threads, like when he said Thibs is the best coach in the league.

Pop certainly ain't perfect, he needs to be humbled and I hope Peter Holt keeps it real around his crater face. That being said, we aren't here without him. He's one of the all time greats. I wouldn't be shocked if he coaches a great game for Thursday.

Reck
06-19-2013, 02:49 AM
I pointed out the very same on another thread.

Where the hell does he get off benching Duncan in a key moment like that. Specially tonight where he was just feeling it.

I dont specifically want him fired but someone in the organization should give him a reality check.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 02:53 AM
HH isnt stupid tbh. Id put money on this being a copy pasta from upstairs.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 03:00 AM
this is indeed a copypasta

ezau
06-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Player development is nothing if we don't win the championship this year.

td4mvp2k
06-19-2013, 04:17 AM
:lol

Rogue
06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Tim if still standing on the court would've possibly secured the rebound and won the game but the Kang would've also hit that 3 in the first place. It might look controversial to sit your best player for the crunch time but that was theoretically the right move when you needed to go all out defending 3. Allen was very lucky to make that contested shot imho

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Tim if still standing on the court would've possibly secured the rebound and won the game but the Kang would've also hit that 3 in the first place. It might look controversial to sit your best player for the crunch time but that was theoretically the right move when you needed to go all out defending 3. Allen was very lucky to make that contested shot imho

i doubt duncan wouldve run out to contest lebrons shot, he wouldve been on someone else

wwtf was meant to close out on lebron on that play? same usual suspect that cost the game and championship?

Clipper Nation
06-19-2013, 09:04 AM
The Clippers still need a coach, so yes, please do fire Popovich :lol

td4mvp2k
06-19-2013, 12:38 PM
HH = Heatfan stfu tro!

whitemamba
06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
i still dont get why duncan was not on the court that last possession...

BobaFett1
06-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Bad move because he would of cradle the loose board.

jermaine
06-19-2013, 07:17 PM
That move still have Heat fans in awww an their team won.

Juggity
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Damn, there needs to be some kind of signal when a post is an unattributed copypasta. Confuses the shit out of me :lol

I recognize some of the more memorable ones like the Jacob Xanax quote, but it's totally believable that Harlem would post a reactionary thread like this.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
:lol not sure where people got the idea that Harlem makes reactionary threads, tbh..

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 10:14 PM
:lol not sure where people got the idea that Harlem makes reactionary threads, tbh..

It's impressive how you can still talk X's and O's after that fuckin' loss and predict the Spurs winning game 7, which I agree with from an pure basketball standpoint. I really do believe the Spurs are the better team and if they played Miami 100 times, they probably win 60.

If the Spurs had a week off to recharge and psychologically heal from this disaster, I'd pick them. But X's and O's aside, I don't see how they mentally recover from this with only a day off.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Meh, I just don't believe it'll affect them, tbh..

The big 3 knowing that it's potentially their last realistic chance at winning a title should easily negate this loss, as bad as it was IMO..

I also doubt it affects Leonard, his fucking dad was murdered and he's still good:lol..he still played well in OT, too..

I just think that the Spurs have completely dominated with Wade on the floor, and unless Wade goes into God mode, I'm pretty confident the Spurs win..hopefully Duncan can get the fucking ball in the post, especially when Lebron is guarding Parker..

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Meh, I just don't believe it'll affect them, tbh..

The big 3 knowing that it's potentially their last realistic chance at winning a title should easily negate this loss, as bad as it was IMO..

I also doubt it affects Leonard, his fucking dad was murdered and he's still good:lol..he still played well in OT, too..

I just think that the Spurs have completely dominated with Wade on the floor, and unless Wade goes into God mode, I'm pretty confident the Spurs win..hopefully Duncan can get the fucking ball in the post, especially when Lebron is guarding Parker..

I hope the fuck so.

Stabula
06-20-2013, 08:01 AM
I can't stop crying