PDA

View Full Version : "I have no clue how we're going to be re-energized. I'm devastated," Ginobili's words

apalisoc_9
06-19-2013, 01:25 AM
after game 6.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(

Starving Dalek
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
The actual quote is:

On bouncing back: "I have no clue how we're gonna be re-engergized. I'm devasted. There's no Game 8. We're gonna have to play our best game."Good that he recognizes that this is on him. These men are veterans, and they'll find a way to bounce back

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
You fucking old drunken bastard. I have not liked his attitude before the series started. During that 10 day break when the Heat were battling the Pacers, he kept saying that it was going to be very difficult to beat the Heat. Every interview I've heard from him sounded like he was content getting to the NBA finals. He has never believed the Spurs had a chance. Not fair for Timmy and Tony. They busted their asses of this game only so him and Pop fuck everything up.

perfectdark
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
these guys make millions of dollars regardless..
they must be able to perform
so no I don't expect them to come out like weeping widows out there

Shabazz
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
If we are lucky, maybe he will fake a tummy ache and stay in the locker room for game 7.

Frickin -21 with Manu on the floor tonight.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Unprecedented words for an unprecedented nightmare of a situation. Tim also looked more devastated than I've ever seen.

This was my biggest concern with 3 games in 5 nights ... would the Spurs be able to re-energize after game 6? And that was if they had a "normal" game 6, not the most heartbreaking finals game of all time. When you combine the OT, the collapse and the high number of minutes played by Tim, Tony and Manu ... nothing is in the Spurs favor heading into Game 7.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Manu: "Whew, wrecking the Spurs fifth title run is hard work, I need to be re-energized."
fuck this guy

ViceCity84
06-19-2013, 01:33 AM
No Game 8-No shit

Manu gets hailed as a competitor but his confidence level waivers like a fairy in the wind.

NRHector
06-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Sorry Manu but you don't need energy to fuck up

Twisted_Dawg
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
I just hope Pop has the brains, guts and balls to play Manu very limited minutes in game 7. I'm talking coming in at the 10 minute mark for Tony and playing 1 minute into the 2nd qtr. A total of 6 minutes for the entire fucking game. He is now a huge liability.

Xevious
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
I've been saying that game seven will be impossible. I hope I'm wrong. But the Heat are going to be pumped... the Spurs are going to have to dig deep.

John B
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Would Spurs able to re-energized for Game 7? Hell yeah. There's no game 8. It would be a long rest after this. Spurs are very upset that they let game 6 slipped away. Did anyone see Pop's interview?? needing to drink water probably after chewing everybody's ass after the game. Hell yeah. You bet Kawhi would be practicing freethrows, Manu practicing in the corner by himself cussing, and Duncan will be staring at them. Hell yeah Spurs would be energized for Game 7. I pity the Heats!

Shabazz
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Actually, can we just put Manu on a plane tonight?

slick'81
06-19-2013, 01:51 AM
As tough for us fans imagine how the spurs swallow this one ?can the spurs answer after that ??

TheyCallMePro
06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Were not coming out there feeling sorry for ourselves. That I guarantee you. The fact is that at the end of the day we didn't play that well. Danny Green, Gary Neal, and Manu Ginobili gave us NOTHING tonight offensively. We got almost no open looks all night. All in all, it was a very poor offensive performance, nearly saved by the brilliant play of Tony, Kawhi, and Timmy.

We just have to trust ourselves. Not try to play Hero ball again with Tim because now both teams are going to be fatigued. Ball movement is critical in this next game. We can still do this.

widowmaker
06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Fuck the excuses but we all know he was the one that lost this game. Hands down. Im not a manu hater I have always loved manu. But tonight he was horrible.

DJR210
06-19-2013, 01:57 AM
He can take a plane home and go rest. I'd rather have a guy out there who will drive the bus so to speak, and won't force the pass.

I can't believe I am saying it, but McGrady could be a better option for the fact he won't try and do too much. Ginobili is that bad at the moment.. Can't believe I would even consider what I just said..

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 01:58 AM
If we are lucky, maybe he will fake a tummy ache and stay in the locker room for game 7.

Frickin -21 with Manu on the floor tonight.

Hes overdue for a random hamstring pull, tbh.

DJR210
I just hope Pop has the brains, guts and balls to play Manu very limited minutes in game 7. I'm talking coming in at the 10 minute mark for Tony and playing 1 minute into the 2nd qtr. A total of 6 minutes for the entire fucking game. He is now a huge liability.

I cannot believe, that as a Spurs fan I would be really upset to see Manu at the scorers table waiting to check in.. wow.

TrainOfThought5
He can take a plane home and go rest. I'd rather have a guy out there who will drive the bus so to speak, and won't force the pass.

I can't believe I am saying it, but McGrady could be a better option for the fact he won't try and do too much. Ginobili is that bad at the moment.. Can't believe I would even consider what I just said..

Jesus Christ I just had a Tony Romo flashback.

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 02:00 AM
I've been saying that game seven will be impossible. I hope I'm wrong. But the Heat are going to be pumped... the Spurs are going to have to dig deep.

Duncan is injured.... if he cant protect the paint the game will be over by halftime.

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 02:00 AM

I can't believe you're saying it either.

DJR210
06-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Jesus Christ I just had a Tony Romo flashback.

Lol, he's the other fuck up.

DJR210
06-19-2013, 02:02 AM
I can't believe you're saying it either.

Can it be much worse? Seriously?

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Can it be much worse? Seriously?

Yeah. McGrady against the Heat's defense would likely end up Manu Game 6 x 2.5

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:03 AM
He needs to be on a plane ride with Tiago Splitter they single handedly squandered a 10 point lead to start the 4th.

Ice009
06-19-2013, 02:04 AM
No Game 8-No shit

Manu gets hailed as a competitor but his confidence level waivers like a fairy in the wind.

That is an interesting point. Manu has been talking about a lack of confidence in himself a lot recently. He needs to stop that shit and find his true self. Great players don't piss their confidence away as easily as Manu has been at times this season.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 02:05 AM
I'd rather have Blair running backup pg. Thats how terrible manu is playing right now.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 02:07 AM
He needs to be on a plane ride with Tiago Splitter they single handedly squandered a 10 point lead to start the 4th.

I could see that 10 point lead evaporating with that lineup even before it happened. I was wondering if Pop had to go take a piss and nobody was coaching... not only does he lets the lead go down to 4, after he calls the timeout, he sticks with the same lineup.

Too much drinking in Miami for Pop...

DJR210
06-19-2013, 02:07 AM
Yeah. McGrady against the Heat's defense would likely end up Manu Game 6 x 2.5

Manu is just gonna have to stay on the bench for the most part, and not be given a single opportunity to bring the ball up or run the offense tbh. His stupid ass brick three's with 18 on the clock are stupid as shit too..I need to call Valentine to relieve some stress.

DJR210
06-19-2013, 02:08 AM
I'd rather have Blair running backup pg. Thats how terrible manu is playing right now.

LMAO

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Duncan is injured.... if he cant protect the paint the game will be over by halftime.

He's not injured but he may be gassed.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Manu is gonna play his usual 20 mins... maybe even 30 depending if he's hitting shots... so he better find an energizer bunny or something, tbh

slick'81
06-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Keep pounding the rock

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:12 AM
I could see that 10 point lead evaporating with that lineup even before it happened. I was wondering if Pop had to go take a piss and nobody was coaching... not only does he lets the lead go down to 4, after he calls the timeout, he sticks with the same lineup.

Too much drinking in Miami for Pop...

It made no sense to rest Tim for so long or Tony... I kept seeing that same stupid PnR that never works.. I kept shaking my head and cursing at the TV. Pop calls a time out and I'm thinking okay, we can still stop this.. they come out and call the same shit.

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Manu is gonna play his usual 20 mins... maybe even 30 depending if he's hitting shots... so he better find an energizer bunny or something, tbh

If Manu plays 20+ Minutes we'll lose by 10+ points with his statline looking something like 3-12, 1-5 3pt, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 7 Turnovers, 4 fouls.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:17 AM
If Manu plays 20+ Minutes we'll lose by 10+ points with his statline looking something like 3-12, 1-5 3pt, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 7 Turnovers, 4 fouls.

Pop sucks at in game adjustments.. He starts Manu in Game 5 because he needed to, I understand that.. Then Manu starts shitting the bed in Game 6 and Gary Neal gets a whiff and then rides pine when he could have been a spark off the bench, he's not looking to pass but score and they needed that at points in the game.

Stabula
06-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Manu Ginobili is not only completely incompetent but apparently also a gigantic fucking pussy. There's still one more game now shut up and start acting like a champion you pussy.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 02:20 AM

Then we'll lose by 10+ points...

I wish we would've lost by 10+ points tonight, tbh... losing the game tonight the way we did... just, I have no words for it.

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 02:21 AM
If Stephen Jackson was on this team we'd all be drunk celebrating right now as manu announces his retirement.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 02:42 AM
I just can't wrap my head around these comment from Manu. I think what he said postgame pisses me off more than his awful play tonight. Leave the fans to jump the cliff; we don't need to see a part of The Big 3 basically jump the cliff on live TV. Way to provide faith to the fan base, Manu. He better come out with a different attitude if he's interviewed later on in Wednesday. He's only human but he was talking like a man who's given up.

Gervin44Silas13
06-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Fuck you Manu....I'm tired of your Fuckin excuses.....your a has been.....goodbye!!!

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 04:36 AM
so manu and stephen jackson stole the spurs 5th title!

Yuixafun
06-19-2013, 04:49 AM
I cannot believe, that as a Spurs fan I would be really upset to see Manu at the scorers table waiting to check in.. wow.

yea i never thought i'd see the day

Johnny RIngo
06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
You fucking old drunken bastard. I have not liked his attitude before the series started. During that 10 day break when the Heat were battling the Pacers, he kept saying that it was going to be very difficult to beat the Heat. Every interview I've heard from him sounded like he was content getting to the NBA finals. He has never believed the Spurs had a chance. Not fair for Timmy and Tony. They busted their asses of this game only so him and Pop fuck everything up.

Manu doesn't give a shit about the Spurs. The last time he was really motivated for a basketball game was playing in FIBA last summer. His mannerisms/interviews this season have been half-assed responses like this with that quitter attitude.

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 07:03 AM
I just can't wrap my head around these comment from Manu. I think what he said postgame pisses me off more than his awful play tonight. Leave the fans to jump the cliff; we don't need to see a part of The Big 3 basically jump the cliff on live TV. Way to provide faith to the fan base, Manu. He better come out with a different attitude if he's interviewed later on in Wednesday. He's only human but he was talking like a man who's given up.

Agree! I mean stfu Manu and don't act like a beaten old fool. GD!

therealtruth
06-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Manu just wasn't aggressive enough. He wasn't looking at the basket again and that's why the Heat were anticipating his passes. If he shows up just a little bit then they would have won.

rwb
06-19-2013, 07:58 AM
I think what annoys me the most is that Manu always says "we" when discussing "his" poor play. If he'd just man up and admit publicly that HE was the reason for the loss, not WE, I'd have a little more respect for him. I love Manu, but damn, I'd just as soon not see him on the floor any more if he can't take responsibility for his own piss-poor play and is quitting when weren't expected to win this game anyway. I think it hurts so badly because it came so close, and one made free throw could have won the game. Like one of HIS free throws--not OURS.

GrandeDavid
06-19-2013, 08:19 AM
This really irritates me. As poorly as Ginobili played, the least he could have done would be to man up in the presser and state that they would come back strongly, not come off like a defeatist.

Creation88
06-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Pop needs to have a short leash with him period. you could see Manu was gonna blow EARLY in G6. sure enough he sucked all game. if he blows again pull his ass.

100%duncan
06-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Wow. That's some weakass shit Manu.

benefactor
06-19-2013, 08:22 AM
He ran his last race in Game 5.

Off to the glue factory.

mudyez
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
What Manu stat line would satisfy you?

j/k

we know he will be the game MVP

kobexxx
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Manu is just being honest....after that game 6 loss, its natural that the spirits of Spurs will be down going to game 7, in Miamis court too.. i even think after the 1st half of game 7, it will be a miami run away blow out...with the crowd of miami giving them energy, it will be a fast break fest...

kobexxx
06-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Green was exposed as one trick pony

kobexxx
06-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Really? how can spurs recover from that devastating loss. The Heat are the ones energized.. you got it the other way around.. give it up already

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-19-2013, 10:04 AM
His turn overs are on really stupid passes. The length of Miami is too much for those passes. Also his inability to drive and finish has lead to him kicking it out right to Miami how many times? I mean come on you should learn by now you fool. Odds are he will score 30 points tomorrow and we all will be licking his nuts for doubting him. I think he knows it is the end so it will be the Manu show tomorrow. Key to success drive middle kick out. Not drive base and throw to Miami player waiting in middle of key.

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Ya being an amazing three point shooter got nobody anywhere in this league, oh wait...

Gervin44Silas13
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
fuck you Manu go throwaway games in Argentina you sad fuck!!!

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
I can accept his physical decline, but not his mental decline. Vets play smart ball to compensate for their loss of the physical ability.

DPG21920
06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
I've had time to sleep on it & I still feel the same way. If the Spurs lose the series, I think Manu will go from one of the most beloved Spurs ever to the most resented. It would mark a very real moment in time where the team & fans that have supported Manu will look at him differently. His teammates won't trust him, the fans will resent him & he won't look at himself the same.

Probably not fair, but I do think that's how it will play out if they fail to get game 7.

Robz4000
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Tbh I still love Manu either way and this choke won't affect my view of him too much. However, if he lets it affect him mentally to the point he plays passive in Game 7 my opinion may sway.

DaBears
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Spurs have been in each game, i believe and hope Manu has 1 more left in the tank to help solidify his legacy.. If he can show up and play like he did in game 5, no one will be thinking he done for.... I don't think thats how he wants to leave the game or be remembered...

And as the trend goes looks like game 7 should go our way....

Why are we shocked in the 1st place.. Most of us picked the spurs to win it all in 6 or 7... has something changed...

cd98
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
I've had time to sleep on it & I still feel the same way. If the Spurs lose the series, I think Manu will go from one of the most beloved Spurs ever to the most resented. It would mark a very real moment in time where the team & fans that have supported Manu will look at him differently. His teammates won't trust him, the fans will resent him & he won't look at himself the same.

Probably not fair, but I do think that's how it will play out if they fail to get game 7.

Disagree. Manu will always be popular. He was after the Dirk foul. Guy has been the standard for excellence for most of his career. It's just that time has robbed him of his skills. People will remember this as the year that Ginoboli was past his prime and due for retirement. He'll always be beloved here for the winning; not the losing.

lofds
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
After his performance, is Pop still gonna start him or start someone else like Neal?

Jenks
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
After his performance, is Pop still gonna start him or start someone else like Neal?
Imo, start him again out of respect, let him eat minutes in the 2nd and 3rd depending on the flow, and then keep him nowhere near the 4th. He's just so consistently bad in the 4th. I can't take it.

peacemaker885
06-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Balls on the wall Manu. Lets get this shit. We win as a team, we loose as a team. The pages are blank right now and waiting to be written. Either team wins, the story will be great. This is a series that will probably be talked a lot for a long time. Get your act together and lets win this shit.

~Sweetmelody~
06-19-2013, 12:36 PM
No matter what happens I will always love Manu just because he is at then end of his career doesn't negate all he did for the franchise.

peacemaker885
06-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Just watched the postgame interviews. Man Green sounded really down. We need this kid to hit 3's man. He can't shrivel up.

Gervin44Silas13
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
wouldnt it be funny if Manu commits suicide...lol!

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Manu the ultimate competitor, the fight, the man Pop wants in his foxhole? In the Spurs darkest hour, Manu sounds like a loser.

rmt
06-19-2013, 12:56 PM
What's with all the "devastated" and "insecure" comments in public. Maybe, MIA is hearing all these comments and will come out over-confident - I can dream can't I?

Jumi
06-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Our darkest hour is when our season's over! As long as we have a chance, then we have a chance! I think everyone's down but just like the fans, things aren't as bad now as it was last night. They'll be ready to go tomorrow!

Pocket Hippo
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Ginobili is honest and says he is "devastated" 5 minutes after a loss like that and now we are ready to throw dirt on his coffin?
I suppose he should have said "that loss didn't affect me, I still rich bitches" then slapped the mic off the table and left.

Creation88
06-19-2013, 01:05 PM
today at shoot around: "still down. after a blow like that, it's not easy to get back up."

what kind of bullshit, weak minded take is that Manu? sit your ass down. you're not helping anyway.

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 01:11 PM

nothing wrong with that take.

tbh, i won't say I've turned on him but I started to lose faith in him earlier, when he started saying how he wasn't sure if he would stick around, how he doesn't want his kids following him into basketball. It just sounded like his heart wasn't in it anymore, and the fact we are paying $14 mil for that attitude rubbed me the wrong way. It's like we are paying for his leftovers from the national team.

I don't blame him for the physical decline (though let's be honest, he's hastened the decline with the summer play). Still, it's not the physical decline but the shittier attitude, careless play that has really, really hurt us.

I saw his interview last night and it kind of pissed me off, to sound so defeated when it was largely because of him.

To your point, I think he's got one more game to not damage his reputation. He doesn't need to have great game, just do what's right for the win.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Ginobili is honest and says he is "devastated" 5 minutes after a loss like that and now we are ready to throw dirt on his coffin?
I suppose he should have said "that loss didn't affect me, I still rich bitches" then slapped the mic off the table and left.

Pretty much

Virgil
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM

Go fuck your mother, pathetic loser! And then come to me and eat my shit!

~Sweetmelody~
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM

Seriously?! What kind of bullshit comment is that?

Kool Bob Love
06-19-2013, 03:59 PM

:lmao

Agloco
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
"I have no clue how we're going to be re-energized....."

You have about 13 million reasons. Sack up and pull it together for one more game Manu.

slick'81
06-19-2013, 04:13 PM
He also said he won't b scoring 20+ anymore before game 5.Manus gonna rape the whole city of Miami tomorrow

06-19-2013, 04:21 PM
So I guess switching jerseys in the game wasn't enough for Manu. He has to trot out in front of the media and demoralize the Spurs even more.

hater
06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
I told ya dummies!

:lmao

hater
06-19-2013, 04:24 PM
damn Manu sounds like a pussy

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 05:08 PM
I have newfound respect for Manu. He's just telling it like it is. He knows the Spurs lost the series last night. He's decided to live in Realville while the rest of you want to remain in Fantasyland.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I have newfound respect for Manu. He's just telling it like it is. He knows the Spurs lost the series last night. He's decided to live in Realville while the rest of you want to remain in Fantasyland.Fuck that sh*t. Manu needs to get benched. The moment he commits a turnover Pop should yank him.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I can't see Tim or Tony acting like such a soft ****.

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
I have newfound respect for Manu. He's just telling it like it is. He knows the Spurs lost the series last night. He's decided to live in Realville while the rest of you want to remain in Fantasyland.

I see you took your talents to Miami as well, fucking front running faggot. Didn't have time to make a new account? Wherever LeBron's cock is at, that's where your mouth is going to be too.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 05:19 PM
I have newfound respect for Manu. He's just telling it like it is. He knows the Spurs lost the series last night. He's decided to live in Realville while the rest of you want to remain in Fantasyland.The Heat are garbage. The only reason they won is because of Manu and a basketball coach in Pop who believes he's as smart as God. Your Finals MVP is:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1017225_206720286147357_207694545_n.jpg

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I see you took your talents to Miami as well, fucking front running faggot. Didn't have time to make a new account? Wherever LeBron's cock is at, that's where your mouth is going to be too.

I'm sure that's the bitterness talking and that you're really a warm human being.

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm sure that's the bitterness talking and that you're really a warm human being.

You're here talking shit and you don't expect bitterness? Fuck off faggot. :lol

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
You're here talking shit and you don't expect bitterness? Fuck off faggot. :lol

That's MISTER faggot to you.

johnpaulwall21
06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
This should stop all talks of manu being the ultimate competitor.

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Well if you're gonna say that in the press conference, why even suit up for game 7? Just go home and allow the Heat to be defacto champs via forfeit. That attitude on the road vs Miami will earn a 30 point raping.

Gervin44Silas13
06-20-2013, 08:25 AM
i cant my mom is dead you sick fuck ...but Ill fuck your mom and she can eat my shit along with you!!!!!!!