View Full Version : Spurs: Season starts Thursday

ElNono
06-19-2013, 02:59 AM
...to borrow a page from Pringles...

Reck
06-19-2013, 03:03 AM
:lol

What a terrible night.

I'm having a hard time thinking of of positive things. 2 movies, 1 Last of Us playthrough session and currently 1 Bones episode later I still feel like complete shit. :depressed

Splits
06-19-2013, 03:05 AM
Hopefully Manu offs himself between now and then, singlehandedly destroyed the Spurs chance at 5, tbh

Thebesteva
06-19-2013, 03:07 AM
Really sad....kind of glad my Lakers were just missing all year. I rather Kobe go out on the down low than on the biggest stage. It's sad to see the bad guys win in this league.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Really sad....kind of glad my Lakers were just missing all year. I rather Kobe go out on the down low than on the biggest stage. It's sad to see the bad guys win in this league.

Man, I was looking forward to celebrating with Lakers fans tonight, actually. I was gonna make thank you threads to Laker Nation for having our backs and everything.

Fucking Manu. Fucking Ray Allen. Fucking Popovich for pulling Duncan and not fouling up 3 because of the stupid "honor code" NBA coaches have with each other.

Most painful loss I've been a part of as fan of any sports team.

Still in shock.

Thebesteva
06-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Man, I was looking forward to celebrating with Lakers fans tonight, actually. I was gonna make thank you threads to Laker Nation for having our backs and everything.

Fucking Manu. Fucking Ray Allen. Fucking Popovich for pulling Duncan and not fouling up 3 because of the stupid "honor code" NBA coaches have with each other.

Still in shock.

I would consider myself a relatively knowledgable bball fan. Down 3 with 10 seconds left and a timeout, I turned to my friends and said....ok you gotta double Ray for sure and bring Duncan back and the game is over. If they do make a shot it has to be a miracle 3 and if it happens then you let it go.

I thought this was a pretty standard, BASIC coaching option to go with. When I saw Tim didn't return and Ray was in essence left somewhat open....I didn't even turn to look if it was in. I kind of just walked away and let it go. I will NEVER EVER in my lifetime understand what in God's name Popovich was thinking. I don't want to even hear his justification...guy shat on his legacy forever tonight.

irishock
06-19-2013, 03:19 AM

Still in shock.

I don't buy it, tbh. Hack-a-shaq not a part of the honour code? lol

ElNono
06-19-2013, 03:21 AM
I keep telling myself, hey, we could be the Bobcats... but Bobcats fans don't ever go through shit like this...

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 03:24 AM
I would consider myself a relatively knowledgable bball fan. Down 3 with 10 seconds left and a timeout, I turned to my friends and said....ok you gotta double Ray for sure and bring Duncan back and the game is over. If they do make a shot it has to be a miracle 3 and if it happens then you let it go.

I thought this was a pretty standard, BASIC coaching option to go with. When I saw Tim didn't return and Ray was in essence left somewhat open....I didn't even turn to look if it was in. I kind of just walked away and let it go. I will NEVER EVER in my lifetime understand what in God's name Popovich was thinking. I don't want to even hear his justification...guy shat on his legacy forever tonight.

:lmao:lmao:lmao, tbh..

AchillesHeel
06-19-2013, 03:26 AM
sad thing is Spurs had had to play over 100 games to reach that magical Game 6, you've spent 8 months getting there and you're an inch away from winning it all, and you slip. Now imagine all the work you have to put in to get back to that point if you we were to lose on Thursday.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 03:34 AM

Boggles the mind. I have no idea what he was thinking.

And game 7 is a formality. From a pure X's and O's, matchup standpoint, the Spurs have a chance, but they're going to be wrecked psychologically. I doubt any of them sleep from now until Thursday, which will obviously affect their on-court performance. In addition to that, Duncan came up limping late after colliding with Bosh, so he might not be a 100 percent. Manu's psyche is probably in shambles right now. Maybe Parker's. And who knows how much resentment Duncan has toward Popovich for benching him at the end of the game. Duncan is of course a pro's pro with profound respect for Popovich, but I can't help but wonder if that move destroyed their bond.

This lost hurts like a motherfucker, but I just gotta keep reminding myself these millionaires don't give a shit about me and at the end of the day, it's a kid's game with no real world influence.

Thebesteva
06-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Boggles the mind. I have no idea what he was thinking.

And game 7 is a formality. From a pure X's and O's, matchup standpoint, the Spurs have a chance, but they're going to be wrecked psychologically. I doubt any of them sleep from now until Thursday, which will obviously affect their on-court performance. In addition to that, Duncan came up limping late after colliding with Bosh, so he might not be a 100 percent. Manu's psyche is probably in shambles right now. Maybe Parker's. And who knows how much resentment Duncan has toward Popovich for benching him at the end of the game. Duncan is of course a pro's pro with profound respect for Popovich, but I can't help but wonder if that move destroyed their bond.

This lost hurts like a motherfucker, but I just gotta keep reminding myself these millionaires don't give a shit about me and at the end of the day, it's a kid's game with no real world influence.

If I were you man...I'd do what I did in game 6 of the Lakers-Celtics 2008 match up. Kind of knew for 100% sure Lakers would lose by epic proportions. I kept saying 'you never know' or 'what if' but I knew it was over...I watched the first few minutes of the game and they were already down by 10, I ended up going out with friends that dont know shit about bball and had some drinks, kept distracted...kept checking my phone and Lakers were down by 20 before the half. I knew I did the right thing.

I had to watch the last quarter at a bar and it was infuriating to see the Celts pouring Gatorade with 3 minutes left and hugging eachother.

Ultimately, this is going to be a reallllllllllllllllllllly hard one for you Spurs fans man. I dont know if I'd be able to watch the NBA again. I actually dont think I could ever have recovered if Celtics won in 2010.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 03:50 AM
If I were you man...I'd do what I did in game 6 of the Lakers-Celtics 2008 match up. Kind of knew for 100% sure Lakers would lose by epic proportions. I kept saying 'you never know' or 'what if' but I knew it was over...I watched the first few minutes of the game and they were already down by 10, I ended up going out with friends that dont know shit about bball and had some drinks, kept distracted...kept checking my phone and Lakers were down by 20 before the half. I knew I did the right thing.

I had to watch the last quarter at a bar and it was infuriating to see the Celts pouring Gatorade with 3 minutes left and hugging eachother.

Ultimately, this is going to be a reallllllllllllllllllllly hard one for you Spurs fans man. I dont know if I'd be able to watch the NBA again. I actually dont think I could ever have recovered if Celtics won in 2010.

Eh, you just have to keep reminding yourself it's entertainment. Easier said than done since it's our nature as sports fans to vicariously live through our teams, and when they lose, it's as if we lost, but in reality, we're only spectators and have no control over the outcome of the game. And the end result, win or lose, doesn't affect your bank account (unless you're a sports' bettor), love life, or profession.

ezau
06-19-2013, 04:08 AM

Come to think of it, Phil would never make a stupid decision like that. Ever.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Game 4, 2008 was pretty brutal. I barely slept for a week and a half.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Game 4, 2008 was pretty brutal. I barely slept for a week and a half.

Were you old enough to witness this, Venti?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

Older Lakers fans are still haunted by that.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 07:03 AM
good luck shooting at 60% again in the first half or any quarter

one dog of a clown on the team who didnt bother to show up offensively, defensively he was a fkn joke who had a hand in almost every miami basket....flopped like a bitch all over the court to get calls, when he didnt adjust to the game how it was officiated

dunno why pop took a gamble on him when he was at 5 turnobolies for the first half, continue to play him like his going to improve in the 2nd half where he showed his true colors, just another TOSB with excuses

oh yeh the other fkn dog who felt he was over shadowed by duncans huge first half decides to go hero mode for fmvp aspirations, continues to chuck up shots when his shots aint falling, shooting bs attempts he dont usually take, going away from the hot hand that kept the spurs in the game, ur a fkn PG get the ball to the hot hand...for 21min in the 2nd half duncan didnt even shot a basket or receive it down low..duncan scores only 5pts in the 2nd half, is just not good enough with the amount of dried up touches cause of t hese 2 idiots

KL played out of his mind this game, same with diaw

Spurs9
06-19-2013, 08:03 AM
good luck shooting at 60% again in the first half or any quarter

one dog of a clown on the team who didnt bother to show up offensively, defensively he was a fkn joke who had a hand in almost every miami basket....flopped like a bitch all over the court to get calls, when he didnt adjust to the game how it was officiated

dunno why pop took a gamble on him when he was at 5 turnobolies for the first half, continue to play him like his going to improve in the 2nd half where he showed his true colors, just another TOSB with excuses

oh yeh the other fkn dog who felt he was over shadowed by duncans huge first half decides to go hero mode for fmvp aspirations, continues to chuck up shots when his shots aint falling, shooting bs attempts he dont usually take, going away from the hot hand that kept the spurs in the game, ur a fkn PG get the ball to the hot hand...for 21min in the 2nd half duncan didnt even shot a basket or receive it down low..duncan scores only 5pts in the 2nd half, is just not good enough with the amount of dried up touches cause of t hese 2 idiots

KL played out of his mind this game, same with diaw
I didn't understand why he kept Turnobili in. You are dead on

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
pop and the wing wankers on the court basically went away from kept them in the game, that was dumping it down low to the bigs to execute and get fouls

bosh and birdman couldnt handle duncan and diaw at times, they all were in foul trouble....not every now and then you can get clowns into foul trouble and take the advantage out of it, instead we goto perimeter scoring for baskets? GTFO

4th qaurter or any quarter open/closing, put ur strongest fkn team out there....duncan had no problem playing whatever minutes in the 4th quarter and OT, so why did pop rest him at the start of the 4th quarter....

playing ginoboli with a bunch of shit to hold a 12pt lead when all game those same 5 players did nothing in the first half....

Rogue
06-19-2013, 09:21 AM
:lol

What a terrible night.

I'm having a hard time thinking of of positive things. 2 movies, 1 Last of Us playthrough session and currently 1 Bones episode later I still feel like complete shit. :depressed
Just change your sig/avatar back to Scarlett Johansson and you will feel much better tbh. I also found life hopeless from February to May until I got devoted to Scarlett, then things turned all bright for me all of a sudden. Scarlett lightened up my life and rid me of a terrible habit that I had held more than 10yrs prior. I'm just feeling that I'm a better person now than I've ever been, and I owe every improvement of my life to Scarlett my goddess, no, our goddess.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 09:23 AM
season starts when parker and ginoboli is fkn off t his fkn team

the time for KL era starts fkn now!!!

Reck
06-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Just change your sig/avatar back to Scarlett Johansson and you will feel much better tbh. I also found life hopeless from February to May until I got devoted to Scarlett, then things turned all bright for me all of a sudden. Scarlett lightened up my life and rid me of a terrible habit that I had held more than 10yrs prior. I'm just feeling that I'm a better person now than I've ever been, and I owe every improvement of my life to Scarlett my goddess, no, our goddess.

Fine then. I'll give you a very provocative Scarlett sig for the off season.