PDA

View Full Version : The Gut, The Heart & the Brain...

Spursfanfromafar
06-19-2013, 03:52 AM
I sincerely believed that the Spurs will win in 6 way before possibly few in this forum. I wrote that their experience, poise, determination and team-attitude would be enough to overcome the super-talented Heat. And it almost happened. The Spurs should have been deserved winners except for late game faux pas - due to fatigue, mental mistakes, whatever.

Now, they head to Game 7 with gimpy Parker and Duncan coming off huge minutes, Ginobili looking absolutely quashed and out of any more confidence, sorted out Danny Green and Tiago Splitter.. The last man standing tall and undeterred is their young'in Kawhi.

Do I think they can get over the hump in Game 7 with this kind of adversity on the Road against the Heat? My brain and everything I know to think on the basis of reason and facts, tell me no. The Spurs are done. The Heat suffer with Wade's injury, but are relatively unscathed elsewhere. Lebron is exhausted but he is still young and has the momentum with the Game 6's win. Bosh seems to have finally found a sweetspot as a contributor and a major one at that after flailing mostly all series. The Heat clearly have the upperhand as they enter Game 7.

But the thing called Gut and Heart.

This thing just can't agree or give up. If, I, as a Spurs fan whose only contribution to the process of basketball is to stay glued to screen and get emotional about it can have a gut and a heart that says that no, there is something that tells me that the Spurs can weather the biggest storm of their much experienced life, I can only imagine what the heart of the protagonists is telling them.

I do think Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Green, Leonard and others will reach upto their depths of their gut, instinct and heart and bring about something to play to Game 7. They will trust their system, and give it a go again. And my gut and heart says that thing will be enough to guarantee the Spurs' greatest championship win for the ages.

Brain, you wait and see.

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure where all this optimism is coming from on this board. The Spurs just suffered the most gut-wrenching loss in franchise history, a game where they all thought they had the championship in the bag and they choked it away, and suddenly everyone's confident about Game 7? A game that historically is nearly impossible to win for road teams? And on one day's rest? You'll have to forgive me, but I don't share the same sentiments.

dg7md
06-19-2013, 03:57 AM
I'm not sure where all this optimism is coming from on this board. The Spurs just suffered the most gut-wrenching loss in franchise history, a game where they all thought they had the championship in the bag and they choked it away, and suddenly everyone's confident about Game 7? A game that historically is nearly impossible to win for road teams? And on one day's rest? You'll have to forgive me, but I don't share the same sentiments.

Keep in mind Heat fans thought it was over after game 5... It ain't over til it's over.

Spursfanfromafar
06-19-2013, 03:57 AM
I'm not sure where all this optimism is coming from on this board. The Spurs just suffered the most gut-wrenching loss in franchise history, and suddenly everyone's confident about Game 7? A game that historically is nearly impossible to win for road teams? And on one day's rest? You'll have to forgive me, but I don't share the same sentiments.

My brain completely agree with you when you say this.

But there has been something magical about the Spurs that they have taken it this far. Something truly magical about the way they basically rolled the same squad as last year and managed to get to the finals and challenge the historically superb Heat team to nearly win this thing. One can't simply rely on rationale, reason, facts and understand how the Spurs managed to get it to the finals and keep it to 3-3 and nearly win.

My heart and the gut which do not subject themselves to reason, has a different answer therefore.

Man In Black
06-19-2013, 04:00 AM
There is no such thing as a sure thing. It's the uncertainty that keeps us fighting. The Spurs...still they ride.