PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts After Sleepless Night

timvp
06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
-Damn that stings.

-I love Manu and I still want him back next year but watching the tape makes it difficult not to be mad at him. If he dies during warmups of Game 6, the Spurs win by 15 to 20 points. He was literally the best player on the Heat last night.

-I'm slowly growing more confident about Game 7. The Spurs were the better team last night. And really, that's probably the first time I've felt that way all series. Game 1 was won due to fluke low turnovers. Game 3 was won with fluke three-point shooting. Game 5 was won with fluke 60% shooting. Last night the Spurs were just better. Let's hope that is a good omen.

-Any other team in the history of the world would be toast mentally. But not these Spurs. Their greatest gift is the mental toughness forged through years of fighting arm in arm. They will bounce back.

Believe.

Mugen
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I just don't see ANY team bouncing back from that loss. Just absolutely brutal tbh.

ThePop
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
I would be growing more confident if it wasn't for Tim and Tony being banged up and exhausted. Sure both teams are exhausted but their best player is 28 and will be fine. Also the game is in Miami, and I think the road team hasn't won game 7 in decades (maybe never?). There is also the mental aspect, our guys were probably sleepless as well, they are probably more devastated than we are.

ezau
Mah nigga Timvp

RD2191
It ain't mental, homie. Spurs are old and it will show tomorrow.

Agloco
Good points. I'd still be surprised if the Spurs can duplicate their performance though. That's my primary concern.

ManuSupraTurbo
06-19-2013, 10:56 AM
The best part about losing last night is that we get to watch the Spurs play again.

emanueldavidginobili
06-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Heats back against the wall they were suppose to come out and blow us out TP 6/23 Manu 8 TO DG 3 points LBj had a triple dub they shot well from 3 we didn't and we were up 5 with 28 seconds left....

TE
06-19-2013, 10:57 AM
I knocked out about 20 mins after the buzzer sounded. What did I do those 20 mins? Cussed out a storm.

I agree with the narrative that the Spurs will bounce back and compete. If there is one team that could come back after a psychoanalysis, it'd be the Spurs.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 10:58 AM
-Any other team in the history of the world would be toast mentally. But not these Spurs. Their greatest gift is the mental toughness forged through years of fighting arm in arm. They will bounce back.

Yes, even these Spurs are toast mentally (and more important -- emotionally). They are not Vulcans.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 10:58 AM
What does if anything Tim have left in the tank? I think he emptied it all last night seeing the finish line of his 5th and final ring.. I just don't see him playing very well in game 7.. :depressed

timvp
06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
I just don't see ANY team bouncing back from that loss. Just absolutely brutal tbh.

This is the most mentally tough team I've ever seen. It's the trait they've leaned on to get to this point. Physically, this is a 50 win out in the first round team. Mentally they have championship mettle, determination and belief.

Rapper
In the history of NBA finals, how many road teams could win Game 7?? Man we are going to make history

johnpaulwall21
manu might be devastated and finished but I don't believe Tim is. He knows its his last shot so he's going to give it his all. Parker wants to win for tim so he will show up. Leonard plays hard regardless, he will be there. Lets hope someone joins those 3.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Spurs were better, and they'll have even more game tape to fix the issues that are left. They can do this.

SpursFanaticInVegas
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Spurs r fkn bringing it on Thursday, believe that

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-19-2013, 11:02 AM
We didn't win by flukes dumbass. We won by being the better team. Timvp, can you please just find a new admin? You give the Spurs ZERO credit.

timvp
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
What does if anything Tim have left in the tank? I think he emptied it all last night seeing the finish line of his 5th and final ring.. I just don't see him playing very well in game 7.. :depressed

He's going to go HAM. I don't know what he has in the tank either but he will find a way.

TDomination
hah, its all mental. If spurs are able to put game 6 behind them, they will have a great chance tomorrow.

Spurs can beat this team, they are better than them in my opinion. They just need to stay focused again and they will be there again at the end of the game but with better results.

Darius Bieber
Miami has all the momentum now. With a home crowd to back them up. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Spurs winning.. Tim and Tony are banged up. We need role players to step up.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Tim Duncan put all of his eggs in one basket in game 6. That was the last epic game he had left. Sad, just sad. Tim deserved better.

Mr.Bottomtooth
What I can't stand the most about the Heat is their way of getting away with inconsistent play throughout the playoffs, particularly in-game inconsistency. How disappointing is it that they can be champions by playing horribly for most of the 48 minutes, with only little spurts of dominance?

boutons_deux

using top-10 rotation on each team, a buddy found the Heat's average age is 2 years older than Spurs.

I'm more specifically concerned about Beeotch rolling into Tim's knee.

Humberto
Just another game for Spurs to go down in the history books and win a game 7 n the road. It was one of the worst losses and feels like .04 to some degree, but they can win a game 7.

ernest787
That was the worse feeling I've had since .4

i want to believe we will respond like they did in the 2005 game 7, but I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be 2004 again. That team was devistated after game 5 and I think this loss was even worse since it was on the biggest stage.

I hope you're right though

#tillthewheelsfalloff

Mr.Bottomtooth

He definitely will go HAM. If they swarm, that opens up Danny to let em fly again.

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
What I can't stand the most about the Heat is their way of getting away with inconsistent play throughout the playoffs, particularly in-game inconsistency. How disappointing is it that they can be champions by playing horribly for most of the 48 minutes, with only little spurts of dominance?

Imagine if it's 24 minutes of dominance. Spurs would be down 40.

T Park
I don't see it. Manu for once is already talking defeat post game. Parker is obviously tired. Duncan rehire his knee.

If they win it'll be a miracle.

romsho
-Damn that stings.

-I love Manu and I still want him back next year but watching the tape makes it difficult not to be mad at him. If he dies during warmups of Game 6, the Spurs win by 15 to 20 points. He was literally the best player on the Heat last night.

-I'm slowly growing more confident about Game 7. The Spurs were the better team last night. And really, that's probably the first time I've felt that way all series. Game 1 was won due to fluke low turnovers. Game 3 was won with fluke three-point shooting. Game 5 was won with fluke 60% shooting. Last night the Spurs were just better. Let's hope that is a good omen.

Believe.

Will it be enough to win. We'll see...but I do think you will see a much better, controlled, on point effort from the Spurs...especially Manu and Tony. While I agree they were the better team last night, I have no idea how when Parker was 6-22 and Manu had 9 points and 8 turnovers with a -21. It was basically Tim Duncan, Kawai Leonard and duct tape. They were the better team without actually playing all that well. Sounds crazy, but that's what it looked like. The bounce back mentally will be tougher than the physical one. I will never count these guys out.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I take solace in knowing that the Pistons in 2005 were able to bounce back from that Horry dagger in Game 5 when it looked like they were going to take command of the series after Duncan was doing his best to lose that game. The world left them for dead, and all of us here on Spurstalk were making plans for the celebrations after Game 6. Pistons came into SA and shit on the Spurs to force that Game 7. I woke up at least 5 times last night and thought "God did that really just happen?" Feel really bad for the guys in Black, but not fouling Bosh on that offensive rebound with 5 seconds was inexcusable. I was sitting here on my fucking couch screaming to foul him, so I'm not sure how nobody on the court thought the same

Spurminator
My brain is still grappling with the fact that there's still another game.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Imagine if it's 24 minutes of dominance. Spurs would be down 40.

They're not capable of that though. They look so out of place for most of the game, which isn't what a championship team should look like.

emanueldavidginobili
Everyone saying what does Tim have left, he WILL show up tomorrow there's not a doubt in my mind

dallasmaverickslose
We didn't win by flukes dumbass. We won by being the better team. Timvp, can you please just find a new admin? You give the Spurs ZERO credit.

Shut up

Richie
Spurs were down 9 in the 3rd Quarter of 2005 Game 7 against possibly the greatest defensive team ever. The Big 3 won't be affected by this loss the way most teams would be, they're too experienced.

mudyez
Can you plz delete the game thread? Just read page 62 of it again and I swear it will make some Spurs fan commit suicide if we don't win game7!

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 11:08 AM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

It was 9 years ago, but Spurs were toast, no, fried, psychologically after 0.4.

dbreiden83080
My brain is still grappling with the fact that there's still another game.

I bet guys went back to the hotel and cried last night.. I wanted to cry...

Jumi
Yes, even these Spurs are toast mentally (and more important -- emotionally). They are not Vulcans.

The leader of the team's nickname in college was, Spock! Nuff said!!

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Spurs were down 9 in the 3rd Quarter of 2005 Game 7 against possibly the greatest defensive team ever. The Big 3 won't be affected by this loss the way most teams would be, they're too experienced.

Experienced, yes. But will their bodies allow them to do what they did in 2005? Probably not.

peacemaker885
06-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Wow that's a harsh assessment of Manu, timvp. I have to agree though. The question now is are we better with him or without him for game 7. As long as he is playing out there, Manu is Manu. He will continue to "do what he does".

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Shut up
Suck my dick faggot

jARS mEsH sEt
06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

This just took a lot of the sting away for me. That's a good point.

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
They're not capable of that though. They look so out of place for most of the game, which isn't what a championship team should look like.

I agree. And I think it's because there's too many Stars on one team. When Wade and James are out there together, their play gets stagnant. Heroball gets played. But when it's Wade or James by himself, shit gets real.

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Suck my dick faggot

Ooooo good one. Don't know how ill ever get over that.

SenorSpur
My initial thought after a sleepless night is also the same. This loss hurts like hell. The sun is up, but it's still raining inside my world.

Folks keep talking about what a classic game it was - and certainly it was, but it doesn't ease the pain.

The only thing that will ease the pain is a victory in Game 7. Now how in the hell can this team get it done, is anybody's guess? I will say that in order to get it done, it's going to take a collective resolve, the likes of which will have to exceed that of any of the previous Spurs championship teams. As Pop always reminds his team, "it's not supposed to easy" and this one certainly will be the hardest ever one to get.

Keepin' it real
The leader of the team's nickname in college was, Spock! Nuff said!!

It is highly illogical to bench your Hall of Fame power forward, who already had 17 rebounds, in the final 30 seconds when you needed just one offensive rebound to put the game away. Highly illogical.

Richie
06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Also, how will Miami come out? They probably think they won the 'ship last night, they could come out coasting

timvp
Wow that's a harsh assessment of Manu, timvp. I have to agree though. The question now is are we better with him or without him for game 7. As long as he is playing out there, Manu is Manu. He will continue to "do what he does".

If I'm Pop, I play him. He's a warrior. He had a bad game but he's still Manu.

MmP
timvp, can this situation be compared to last year's game 6 in OKC? I recognize that this team knows that still pretty much can win if the play the same way than yesterday. And it's not that it was a stretch of good play, this teams has what it takes. Can they still recognize it's game seven and anyone can take it and win it all?

Another advantage for us is that Heat may enter in 'after win' mode and cruise for most of the game.

urunobili
06-19-2013, 11:14 AM
I needed this. Didn't sleep either. thanks timvp :tu

Richie
06-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Experienced, yes. But will their bodies allow them to do what they did in 2005? Probably not.

I was speaking more to the mental toughness they showed in that series/game.

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 11:15 AM

I agree. After Manu made the three to beat Golden State and his performance in Game 5, everyone was kissing his ass. He'll come back hot, it's not like Manu to shy away in a Game 7 championship game.

boutons_deux
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
agreed, Spurs, coach and a couple players, had to fuck up disastrously for the Heat to eke out an OT win.

rold50
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Believe

Juggity
06-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Game 7 might end up being the single most important game in spurs history.

Tim, I have no doubt will show up. Kawhi, no doubt. Tony and Manu, I have my doubts on, but I have to think they will sell their souls for a last chance at the LOB.

dallasmaverickslose

I agree. I mean, what else are we going to do?

Darius Bieber
I was speaking more to the mental toughness they showed in that series/game.
Ah okay. Hopefully we'll have a Big Shot Rob player step up tomorrow. We'll need it.

MmP
06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
I wanted Manu on the bench in last quarter last night tbh, he was a non factor. I still cant figure why he's having miss handles

TDomination
06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
It was 9 years ago, but Spurs were toast, no, fried, psychologically after 0.4.

True, but mentally i believe .4 was a tougher situation to come back from.

For one, Spurs had just lost 3 straight going into game 6. Its as if they couldn't beat them anymore. Two, mentally they knew that not only did they have to win game 6 in LA, but win a game 7 as well. And you were STILL only going on to the Western Conference Finals, it wasn't like it was NBA Finals at that point. There was still a lot of wins needed before we could have won it that year.

This time, Spurs just need one more and the championship is theirs. Spurs have not lost 2 in a row with Duncan, Manu, Parker playing since December. There is no tomorrow after game 7, no matter what. Just 48 more minutes, THATS IT. They know they can play with Miami, they know they can beat Miami. They also know that what was probably a sleepless night last night, they have it in THEIR HANDS to be able to rewrite history and make Game 6 just another bump along the way to a Glorious Championship.

Manu can redeem himself, Parker can redeem himself. And Duncan has been solid all year, I know he can do it again. If they aren't doubling him, he is going to Take advantage, it wasn't a matter of Duncan playing out of this world, it was Duncan just playing like Duncan.

timvp
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
timvp, can this situation be compared to last year's game 6 in OKC? I recognize that this team knows that still pretty much can win if the play the same way than yesterday. And it's not that it was a stretch of good play, this teams has what it takes. Can they still recognize it's game seven and anyone can take it and win it all?

Another advantage for us is that Heat may enter in 'after win' mode and cruise for most of the game.

This doesn't feel the same. The Thunder were on fire and the Spurs had too many weak links. I didn't have much hope for Game 6 in OKC.

Right now, I have hope for tomorrow.

rold50
06-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I think manu will bounce back for game 7. He has the heart of a champion. He knows he screwed up and cost the spurs the game.

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Also, how will Miami come out? They probably think they won the 'ship last night, they could come out coasting

Possible, but not likely. Their big three didn't play 100% last night, and they managed to pull out the W. I expect both teams to be focused and ready to go.

Fabbs
06-19-2013, 11:21 AM
The Spurs basically did beat OKC in Game 6.
We def have a shot in Game 7.

rayray2k8
06-19-2013, 11:22 AM
After giving it more thought last night, yes the spurs can hang with miami. They shot up some prayers and they were answered. Give Miami
credit. They didn't fold with their season on the line and played to win. The spurs just played to survive.. That's not the way you put a team
away. I just hope the old guys have enough in the tank to play the the game of their lives.. Luckily, this would be a team that could do it.
Believe and GO SPURS GO!!

dg7md
06-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Duncan went HAM in the first half... after that, he disappeared.

He still has an epic game left in him.

Mugen
I'm going down with the ship and Manu but asking the Spurs to win Game 7 after losing the previous game in that fashion is asking for the biggest miracle in NBA, maybe sports, history tbh.

tesseractive
This. He should get his last shot at redemption just like everybody else.

Fabbs
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
This. He should get his last shot at redemption just like everybody else.
Of course he is going to play and yes he should get a shot at redemption just like everybody else.

The q is, if Manu is sucking will Pop make and adjustment or get worked by the opposing coach for the 6th straight year?

TDomination
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm going down with the ship and Manu but asking the Spurs to win Game 7 after losing the previous game in that fashion is asking for the biggest miracle in NBA, maybe sports, history tbh.

And which would make it oh so much more glorious if we win it.

Agloco
06-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Duncan went HAM in the first half... after that, he disappeared.

It was more about the Spurs going away from him.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 11:26 AM
As I said in my thread, maybe our chances are slim. But I'm done doubting this team. I know they'll bring it. Maybe it won't be enough, but I won't toss dirt on them until the fat bitch is done singing...

And after that, I'm going to thank them all.

Agloco
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
This doesn't feel the same. The Thunder were on fire and the Spurs had too many weak links. I didn't have much hope for Game 6 in OKC.

Right now, I have hope for tomorrow.

There is that slim chance that the Spurs get really angry about what happened last night and take it out on LeBron and Co. Let's hope they adopt that mindset.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
I will leave ST forever if the Spurs win.

chrhawk
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
I also think the Spurs will come out with the right attitude and Ginobili should be much better. They don't need him to have a repeat performance of Game 5 but if he can replicate at least half of that, it will make the Spurs happy.

Whether or not this will be enough to win Game 7 is beyond me. But if the Spurs respond with a championship performance physically and mentally that's all you can ask for as a Spurs fan.

GSH
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM

Believe.

That's funny - you were typing an omen thread at the same time I was. It's an omen.

Honestly, I suddenly feel really good. It was always going to be an epic series. Last night just made it perfect.

Suddenly I feel even better. You'll be crying that the game is over by the first quarter. Then, when the Spurs win, you'll be gone.

Spur|n|Austin
06-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm just going to hope for a continuance of the win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, ??? series we have going.

Last night was rough. My remote control is in about 50 pieces. It hurt, my dog was even still in a funk this morning.

We have to remember that we have ONE MORE GAME, and they play the game for a reason. Negative energy will get you nowhere.

Fuck the Heat. Go Spurs Go. ONE MORE GAME.

Dear Basketball Gods please let the Spurs win.

06-19-2013, 11:29 AM
The thing is, momentum will shift even faster in favor for the home team in game 7. This is probably why game 7's in the finals are won by the home teams. Even though in 2010 Boston was up by double digits in the fourth quarter, the Lakers stormed back on sheer energy from the crowd. Everyone playing is extremely nervous and it would require cold blooded creatures to not be affected by the crowd. At any point, if anything goes wrong, the game can easily snowball out of control for the Spurs. However, even if the Heat are down 10-15 points in the fourth, they still have the opportunity to ride the wave back into the game. The Spurs have to play 48 minutes of near flawless basketball to take the game. I've seen them play a complete game before, firing on all cylinders (most notably in game 3 against the Grizzlies) but it's not something that happens very often. On the bright side, at least there is a game 7, it gives Parker and Ginobili a chance to redeem themselves. Parker messed up gunning for that finals MVP and Ginobili was too busy playing for the Heat and laying daggers in the backs of his real teammates.

Creation88
06-19-2013, 11:32 AM
you don't apologize for wins in the Finals. Spurs will have to earn it.

TDomination
As I said in my thread, maybe our chances are slim. But I'm done doubting this team. I know they'll bring it. Maybe it won't be enough, but I won't toss dirt on them until the fat bitch is done singing...

And after that, I'm going to thank them all.

Yeah this team has been resilient when we "knew" they were done. We all "knew" they were toast after game 2 against Warriors. We all "knew" they wouldn't get past the 2nd round after how they finished the regular season. And we all "knew" Manu had NOTHING left before game 5.

Imagine what we "know" after tomorrow.

tesseractive
Of course he is going to play and yes he should get a shot at redemption just like everybody else.

The q is, if Manu is sucking will Pop make and adjustment or get worked by the opposing coach for the 6th straight year?
Tough call. Manu has hit so many bounce-back shots in crunch time over his career after disappearing or outright sucking during a game. It's painful to watch Manu when he's playing that badly, but I guess I think you have to dance with who brung ya.

Only exception: he looks completely dead out there, without even enough energy to try to make plays. If last night wiped him out completely, we play someone else.

RD2191
:lmao

Dingle Barry
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
My gut tells me superfriends have a Game 4 type of game and there is also a ton of bullshit from ref Billy Kennedy, who I understand is likely to be assigned for this game.

Mugen
06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Pop, Parker, and Manu all have to have the best games of their lives to make up for their Game 6 disrespect of Timmy tbh.

benefactor
06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Winning Game 7 would be the biggest win in Finals history from a bouncing back from adversity standpoint. Still...as mentally tough as they have been I'm still leaning much more towards them not being able to do it. That type of loss burns hot enough to melt even the strongest fortitude...and the Heat only get mentally stronger after being on the edge of being broken then pushing back to overcome to get the win.

redskinfan
06-19-2013, 11:38 AM
I think a Heat letdown is coming, they played extremely hard and left it all out there, Spurs were more like cruising than exerting imo.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Miami has all the momentum now. With a home crowd to back them up. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Spurs winning.. Tim and Tony are banged up. We need role players to step up.LOL role players on the road? This says it all. I hope I'm wrong.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Miami will not shoot 11-19 from downtown again. Parker literally can't do worse than 6-23, and while no one on Miami can guard TD who should be able to have another 25-ish point game.

Kawhi is going to play with fire and will have his best game of the series.

The loss still hurts but I bet you $20all of us will feel slightly better about it tomorrow morning than we did today. So should the Spurs.

Eff the Heat, let's make history.

easjer
06-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Here is my thought process after a little sleep: the only person with a truly solid performance was Kawhi. Who has had a solid performance in every game. Even Tim disappeared in the second half after beasting in the first. Yes, missed free throws/missed rebounds, but Tim missed close baskets right there during that stretch. If anyone will dig deep to find the will, it's Timmy Duncan.

They were out of that game thanks to the lineup to start the fourth and the shooting drought. Then they saw what was on the line and fucking took it back. They were 28 seconds away from Miami's worst nightmare, and it took huge amounts of luck for Miami to come away with it.

If the Spurs can put it in proper perspective, they hung in that game way longer than they should have, given so many poor performances and errors, and nearly stole a championship out of it. Imagine what they can do if they come ready to play and even two mote Spurs step up.

tim_duncan_fan
06-19-2013, 11:42 AM
It's not a back to back, guys. If Timmy's knee still works and we can manage Manu and rein in that faggot, MVParker, we could very well win by 10.

I know I can be a defeatist asshole at times too , but some of y'all are being total pussies.

It's game 7. The greatest players live for this shit.

Also, Tony Parker is a little bitch.

Darius McCrary
06-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Fatigue is the ONLY reason I'm thinking we're screwed. The only reason.

Because you're right, we did look like the better team last night.

SpurYank
06-19-2013, 11:47 AM
I agree with TimVP. That shot from Ray Allen came only after some very lucky bounces and near misses. The game "was in the bag, so to speak. But there was still more. Danny was fouled. Manu was fouled. The missed FTs. Luck was with the Heat. We were by far the better team. We'll prove it 2-morrow.

phxspurfan
06-19-2013, 11:47 AM
We were supposed to win last night. I couldn't sleep either. Parker with the ridiculous step back fadeaway three at the buzzer had me speechless. We were supposed to win. I hope we have energy for game 7, but game 6 was our game.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 11:48 AM
FWIW, Miami has not only been winning after a loss, they've been running teams out of the gym.

I know the loss stings like a bitch, but what the Spurs did last night was absolutely amazing. I'm afraid a lot of that will get lost in the hubris of the loss, but I thought it should be pointed out.

And that's why I can't doubt this team.

eDizzle20
06-19-2013, 11:48 AM
The best team always wins the best of 7 series. Part of being a championship team is the ability to close-out games. Miami had it last night and deservedly won, as hard as that it is to admit. Now, about 12 hours after the defeat I am ready to move on. I have no problem seeing Manu starting again, but how he starts a game is indicative of how it will go for him. If he starts turning the ball over or throwing up ill-advised 3's he needs to be yanked. The only guys that had good games in game 6 were Timmy, Kawhi, and maybe Diaw. Diaw needs to play more minutes on LeBron. I think part of the reason the Spurs were screwed in the 4th is because LBJ got on a run and once Pop brought in Diaw to guard him he was on too much of a roll to be stopped.

King
06-19-2013, 11:52 AM
.4 was way worse for me, because it was so damn quick, and improbable (and illegal). But, also because .4 and the Manu foul have made me so reluctant to celebrate anything early. I was cautiously excited last night, but wasn't resigned to being champs.

dorrrr
06-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Ffs its been 12 hours since and i still feel crushed. Thats the first time that sports event sucks the life out of me. And if I feel that way I have no idea hows the team supposed to get up from this...

spursfan4ever
Danny green didn't have a good game yesterday. After this loss, I believe the guys will come out with fire and Danny will contribute and get his 15+ points he is averaging in this series. Have to remember, our 3 point shots usually from Danny was not there last night and Pop will figure this out to get Danny open and TP into the lane. This will happen and The Spurs will make history. I have faith in my Spurs and I know they will come out strong. Manu will be fine. Lets go get it. Go Spurs Go!

tim_duncan_fan
I just want to see Tim dominate to get a ring one last time!

Yuixafun
06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Ffs its been 12 hours since and i still feel crushed. Its really gotta be the first time that sports event wucks the life out of me. And if I feel that way I have no idea hows the team supposed to get up from this...

Winning and losing is part of their life.

I just hope our team Has More DO than DIE in them.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 11:59 AM
The thing is, momentum will shift even faster in favor for the home team in game 7. This is probably why game 7's in the finals are won by the home teams. Even though in 2010 Boston was up by double digits in the fourth quarter, the Lakers stormed back on sheer energy from the crowd. Everyone playing is extremely nervous and it would require cold blooded creatures to not be affected by the crowd. At any point, if anything goes wrong, the game can easily snowball out of control for the Spurs. However, even if the Heat are down 10-15 points in the fourth, they still have the opportunity to ride the wave back into the game. The Spurs have to play 48 minutes of near flawless basketball to take the game. I've seen them play a complete game before, firing on all cylinders (most notably in game 3 against the Grizzlies) but it's not something that happens very often. On the bright side, at least there is a game 7, it gives Parker and Ginobili a chance to redeem themselves. Parker messed up gunning for that finals MVP and Ginobili was too busy playing for the Heat and laying daggers in the backs of his real teammates.That Lakers championship was a gift-wrap from Joey Crawford. Kobe shot a pathetic 6/24 FG % but also shot over 30 free throws. The Finals MVP was Joey Crawford.

They Spurs are probably fuc*ed because they will likely get Scott Foster and Bill Kennedy as the refs. They refs will absolutely make sure that the Spurs don't take the LOB trophy. Bill Kennedy or Scott Foster will probably be the NBA Finals MVP.

GSH
06-19-2013, 12:00 PM
FWIW, Miami has not only been winning after a loss, they've been running teams out of the gym.

I know the loss stings like a bitch, but what the Spurs did last night was absolutely amazing. I'm afraid a lot of that will get lost in the hubris of the loss, but I thought it should be pointed out.

They've been winning by an average of, what, 22 points? Last night they clawed their way to OT.

The really cool thing is that the Spurs won Game 1. If they had lost Game 1, and won Game 2 instead, they would have had to win consecutive games against this Heat team somewhere along the line. It's hard to beat the Heat two games in a row. But it's also hard to beat this Spurs team two games in a row. Even on the road. Looking back, the significance of Game 1 was a lot bigger than just getting a game on the road.

SouthernFried
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
What does it hurt to be positive?

People hang on to their "world is over" attitudes like a baby suckling its mother. When being positive costs you nothing.

Low expectations are for the fragile and weak...because they can't handle it any other way.

It's much easier for them expect the worse and hope for the best. Instead of just expecting the best. For them, it hurts much less that way. The cost is just too much for them to approach things any other way.

The SPURS are the SPURS...because they don't fall into that trap. They are winners.

Cya Thursday :toast

MmP
06-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't get the overall hate on TP performance last night. Although he was a bit ball hog in the last minutes, he pulled a 3 and a 5 footer out of nowhere to give us the lead. If the Spurs had any chance last night it was cause of him.

tvdij
06-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't see how pop could lean sub Tiago for Tim during the warriors series in the closeout game (i think) when timmy was floundering but not have the stones enough to sub out manu when he was destroying the teams chance to win.

timvp
06-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Fatigue is the ONLY reason I'm thinking we're screwed. The only reason.

Because you're right, we did look like the better team last night.

Yeah, maybe it's the sleep deprivation talking but my confidence is rising fast. The Spurs can beat these guys. They really can. TP, MG and DG sucked and they were still the better team. Even if TD returns to earth, it can be more than made up with those three guys returning to a halfway decent level.

And Game 6 will make the championship even sweeter.

Fvck it, they're gonna do it.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2013, 12:08 PM

not to mention Miami has yet to play 2 solid games in a row this series

Darius Bieber
06-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, maybe it's the sleep deprivation talking but my confidence is rising fast. The Spurs can beat these guys. They really can. TP, MG and DG sucked and they were still the better team. Even if TD returns to earth, it can be more than made up with those three guys returning to a halfway decent level.

And Game 6 will make the championship even sweeter.

Fvck it, they're gonna do it.

:flag:

TheGreatYacht
I think a Heat letdown is coming, they played extremely hard and left it all out there, Spurs were more like cruising than exerting imo.Stop trying to fool yourself. It took a heroic first half from TD for the Spurs to be up by 10 at halftime. It took Kawhi Leonard's game of his life for the Spurs to be up by 10 in the 4th quarter. It took a miracle three point shot and a drive spin by TP for the Spurs to be up by 5 with 28 seconds remaining. What else do you want? Even if Manu has a great night on Thursday, I'm afraid it won't be enough because TD and TP will run out of gas. I hope I'm wrong.

chrhawk
Winning Game 7 would be the biggest win in Finals history from a bouncing back from adversity standpoint. Still...as mentally tough as they have been I'm still leaning much more towards them not being able to do it. That type of loss burns hot enough to melt even the strongest fortitude...and the Heat only get mentally stronger after being on the edge of being broken then pushing back to overcome to get the win.

This is going to be the last NBA Finals game the big three are going to play together. That should get them the emotional edge they need tomorrow night despite what took place last night.

SA210
06-19-2013, 12:10 PM
No mention of Pop's choke job.

MmP
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
For DG, to me, its not a case of him having played poorly last night. It's just that he was guarded decently. If he doesn't get open looks, he wont go off. He can put it on the floor and make a shot or two. What he really needs to do is hit the occasional 3 that he's left open.

And while I write this the gary neal Mike miller one shoed three comes to mind, what the hell on that Gary neal mental fuck?? Gee

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't have much confidence. All I know is if/when the Spurs lose Game 7, this game will haunt this franchise and the it's fan base for a very, very long time. It's going to be brutal.

capek
06-19-2013, 12:14 PM

This. I firmly believe this, and that's why, underneath the pain, I feel good about our chances in game 7. :tu

travis2
06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Believe.

+1

scramby eggs
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Ya this loss sucked but I almost feel like we were due to NOT get the lucky break. During this playoff run we have had more than our fair share of lucky breaks. Golden State comeback, HISTORICALLY poor shooting from Randolph, Parker's 0.1 South Beach Shuffle, Danny Green's superhuman shooting performance, etc. I feel the basketball God's paid us back and now we have clean slate for Game 7

look_at_g_shred
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

It's now Wednesday June 19th. One day after the stunning loss that would've given SA its 5th Championship. Our guys are already on the court practicing and determined for Game 7. Game 6? Well that's just a picture in the rear view mirror slowly fading away. Drive for 5 baby!!!!!!!!!! :flag:

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
What does it hurt to be positive?
People hang on to their "world is over" attitudes like a baby suckling its mother. When being positive costs you nothing.
Low expectations are for the fragile and weak...because they can't handle it any other way.
It's much easier for them expect the worse and hope for the best. Instead of just expecting the best. For them, it hurts much less that way. The cost is just too much for them to approach things any other way.
The SPURS are the SPURS...because they don't fall into that trap. They are winners.
Cya Thursday My brother was already celebrating and screaming "champions" with 28 seconds left in the game. I told him not to sing victory because the game is not over until it's over. I've seen all kinds of crazy sh*t in sports. The Horry shot against the Kings, the .4 Fisher shot, last year's Game 6, the infamous Manu foul on Dirk in 06, etc. I've seen the worst that basketball has to offer. Well sure enough, the inevitable happened. I actually pissed off my brother because I was so mad at him for celebrating too early. I felt like he jinx the Spurs (even though I'm a very skeptical dude).

There is nothing wrong with being positive but I also think that people should be more realistic. Being realistic or expecting the worse as some people might say will make handling adversity much easier. I'm already expecting the Spurs to lose on Thursday. I'll watch the game and I'll be cheering for them but if they lose, I won't be hurt because I've already suffered my grievance after what happened last night. Pop and Manu don't deserve the championship after how badly they choked last night. IF (not likely) but IF the Spurs win the championship, it will be fool's gold to me.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
People can be positive, negative, I don't give a shit. All I know is that I'll be surprised if the Spurs come out with energy and fight for Game 7. Especially after listening to Manu's comments. Doesn't mean I'm not cheering for them and hoping they win but after everything that happened last night I don't see it. I hope they prove me wrong.

johnpaulwall21
06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Manu, Green, played piss poor. They have to have something left despite what Manu said last night. If he is the competitor they say he is, he will try to erase game 6s performance with an efficient one or die trying. Anything will be better than game 6. Greens been fighting his whole career, he wants another go tomorrow night. no doubt.
Duncan's last shot, nuff said. Parker emotionally invested in this to get one last title for his brother, his promise will drive him to go all out.
Leonard unwillingness to be intimidated by the big stage. u know he's going to come out looking to be disruptive.
Coach pop and his assistants realize they fucked up. They will do everything in their power to guide this team.
:flag:

rmt
06-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Mentally, I think Duncan and Parker will be ok but physically? TP said he was having cramps. Manu - well both mentally and physically - but that might be just as well - yank him if he doesn't show anything in the first quarter - give Neal his minutes. I'm MOST concerned about Lebron on TP - they've got to get TP free as almost the whole offense is predicated on him. Hope the young'uns are ok mentally - physically they should be fine. Don't rest Leonard much - use timeouts, TV breaks, etc to give him blows.

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 12:38 PM
I was in "believe" mode, until last night's debacle..

rogues
06-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Nobody closes us out, tbh..

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
timvp and myself picked against the Spurs this series. Now we both feel they will win Game 7. :toast

timvp
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
People can be positive, negative, I don't give a shit. All I know is that I'll be surprised if the Spurs come out with energy and fight for Game 7. Especially after listening to Manu's comments. Doesn't mean I'm not cheering for them and hoping they win but after everything that happened last night I don't see it. I hope they prove me wrong.

Manu sounded more depressed after Game 4, tbh.

GrandeDavid
06-19-2013, 12:45 PM

I tend to agree with LJ. But I don't want to sugarcoat it. The loss was brutal, but it wasn't unprecedented. See it from the other side as well. Miami, in a desperation home game, was down "only" ten to start the 4th, not 16 with under four minutes left. They rally to take the lead only to have Tony Parker, who had had a poor shooting night, hit two huge baskets. End of the day the Heat have the ball in their arena with a chance at a two possession game to tie and send to OT (or win in regulation had the Spurs missed one more free throw). So what happens? Arguably the best player on the planet cans a three.

And while I would say that I disagree with Pop's substitutions and do not deny that the Spurs choked, the three to send it to OT was made by the greatest three point shooter of all time. Then the Spurs still have some seconds left to win it in regulation and OT, and we get terrible shots by both Parker and Manu.

In other words, it sucked but there have been far greater collapses. Yes, this cost them the championship, but at least there's another game. There is not way the Spurs lay down tomorrow. I'm not saying they win, but I give them a decent chance. Lay down and go into the fetal position they will not do.

Darius McCrary
06-19-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm actually not worried about Manu. He's at peak health, didn't play much minutes, and can't play any worse.

I just can't stop being terrified of the energy left in Duncan and Parker's legs. I can see us hanging in the first, and fading badly in the fourth.
If only Pop had a solid rebounder on the floor whenever both kawhi and Duncan sit. It's the times when Duncan and Kawhi are on the bench that really kill us, I'd like to see some actual numbers. But when those guys are on the bench, we are defending Miami well...but we can't seal the deal with rebounding. Furthermore the offense turns into a stagnant turnover fest.

Happened in games 4 and to a lesser extent game 5 too.

polandprzem
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't see it. Manu for once is already talking defeat post game. Parker is obviously tired. Duncan rehire his knee.

If they win it'll be a miracle.

wtf?

Where is spurs got it cause Miami will not make any adjustments?

:flipoff

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Mikefinger: Manu on his mental state: "Still down. After a blow like that, it's not easy to get back up."
:cuss

polandprzem
06-19-2013, 01:00 PM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

Well spurs were better but they lost. They lost in the column and they were hit by a mental loss.

In the press conference I still saw fire in TD and Pop, but it's time for Miami to be better team and win on their court.

It's not like 2005 where we had HCA. Now Wade is gonna bounce back and also those all Chalmerses will be fired up.
Fuck this shit. Where is the room for improvement?

I don't know. Esp with tanks being empty after game 6. Pop will give them as much rest as possible. But Miami is more athletic and can survive more.

MmP
06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
I've never heard Manu this down tbh

Ozballer
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Odds against the Spurs....however, SA will bounce back if they can compete throughout game 7. If, they find themselves in the game half way qtr 3, GAME ON. Miami has shown that they are gassed and can only play in spurts. Despite the loss, San Antonio finally appeared to dominate Miami in the series. The Spurs looked in control of their own destiny and on a mission. They blew game 6. They will not blow it twice if, they can re zone and MIA throws them a bone in game 7 (very likely).spurs in a nail biter

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Can someone tell me how many times have the Spurs used this lineup that started the 4th? Not only it was moronic, that was just downright arrogant

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Mike (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7591)finger: Manu on his mental state: "Still down. After a blow like that, it's not easy to get back up."
:cuss

Manu needs to stop being such a pussy. He's always been sensitive, which is fine, but your franchise, that is paying you millions of dollars to play basketball, (millions that you don't deserve) is counting on you to step up when it counts. Your teammates are counting on you. The entire city of San Antonio and Spurs fans everywhere are counting on you. Stop acting like a bitch, and WIN ONE MORE FUCKING GAME. You can redeem EVERYTHING with just one more win. Focus and let's go.

8FOR!3
06-19-2013, 01:15 PM

We're not just any team...

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
This is the most mentally tough team I've ever seen. It's the trait they've leaned on to get to this point. Physically, this is a 50 win out in the first round team. Mentally they have championship mettle, determination and belief.

I'm coming to your side on the mental, but I'm really worried about the physical. With a short turnaround time and Tim playing 45 minutes I'd be worried even had he not injured his knee. And Tony looked completely gassed, like he had nothing to give by the last half of OT. I really think a win is going to have to take one of Manu's 10 greatest performances, some hot shooting from the three, and Tim and Tony with some reasonable health and stamina. And no more Tiago Splitter; he's just too much of a liability because he won't keep the damn ball high. What I would give for him to have a training session with Andrew Bynum today. The one thing I love so much about Bynum is that he never takes the extra dribble, never brings the ball low when you get him the ball at the basket.

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
But if they somehow find a way to pull Game 7 off, it will further cement this as possibly the greatest upset in Finals history.

Salty
06-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Physically there's doubts, but nobody except for the Spurs know the extent of their fatigue. Therefore it's pointless to speculate about it.

Good news is that it sounds like the Spurs are gonna come into Game 7 fired up. They know this is their last chance.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Good news is that it sounds like the Spurs are gonna come into Game 7 fired up.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kscmnmz8yt1qzpp72o1_500.jpg

soxxx
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I think the Heat will be tired to, Lebron has looked exausted, especially last night. Wades limping again...

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Physically there's doubts, but nobody except for the Spurs know the extent of their fatigue. Therefore it's pointless to speculate about it.

Good news is that it sounds like the Spurs are gonna come into Game 7 fired up. They know this is their last chance.

It was pretty easy to see how fatigued they were last night and with a short turnaround time it's not some huge leap.

phxspurfan
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
My own random thought: LeBron actually looked pretty badass as he was going at it without the headband. Maybe he should lose the headband and just play better and without all the primadonna bullshit for a whole season and see how it feels.

Agloco
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
I've never heard Manu this down tbh

We've never seen him play this badly tbh. I'll bet they're related.

GrandeDavid
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
It was pretty easy to see how fatigued they were last night and with a short turnaround time it's not some huge leap.

I'm sure the Miami players will be just as fatigued.

Salty
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM

It's also not a huge leap to think that the Spurs will come in with enough energy to win.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Manu usually fucks things up when he's only looking to pass the ball and not score and then facilitate. The guy takes two dribbles and is ready to dump the ball off to Tiago Splitter?? I mean really? Or shitty bounce passes in traffic? For every amazing play he does 5 things that are wrong.. He needs to be on a short leash, 1 turnover and he's on the bench.

Salty
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kscmnmz8yt1qzpp72o1_500.jpg

What a crushing collapse of a defeat. How did the Spurs not win this game???
They'll have nothing left for Game 7, especially Tim. Look at the minutes played for the Spurs main players tonight. Like Magic Johnson said post game, the Heat played big minutes too, but their main players are younger, so they can take it. \
What a waste of an all-time performance by Tim.
Why did Pop take out Tim? Fatal decision. Pop outsmarted himself.
Feel horrible for Kawhi for missing that FT. He played great.
Lebron choked in the final minutes ... then the Spurs out-choked him. Disaster.
Danny Green regressed big time.
Ginobili was clearly hacked on his drive, but not surprised by the no-call.
I don't want any part of Game 7 under these circumstances. Spurs will be out of gas. It's going to be ugly if you're a Spurs fan.

And save your critical replies. If you don't agree, just shove it up your ass.

jiggy_55
06-19-2013, 02:09 PM
We've seen this team be so damn strong this season, mentally and physically, coming back from a loss. While this game probably demoralized them and drained them, I expect nothing more than a bounce back effort. They will fight till the last second tomorrow and give it their all and we will be proud Spurs fans regardless. The hardest thing is that we had the title right within our grasp, but if they come out and play like they did in Game 6, I see no reason we lose. We were better, Parker and Manu were horrible overall, Green couldn't buy a shot, Splitter only made a few important baskets in the 4th and was otherwise useless, Neal didn't score enough. The positives were practically Duncan, Leonard and Diaw. We can do much better tomorrow.
Hope the young guns aren't too rattled, I'm not worried about Kawhi as the guy is stone cold, but maybe Green after a bad game finally loses some confidence. I sure hope not. Hope he's able to get some open 3's tomorrow, that would be huge for us. If Manu is struggling again, Pop needs to pull the plug and limit his minutes to just keep him fresh. I guess in that case we only have Gary Neal to replace him in a small lineup.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Nobody closes us out, tbh..

Cept the 2011 Mavericks... NOBODY closes us out tbh

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Manu needs to shut the fuck up and keep those pussy thoughts to himself. It's like he's a fucking mole for the Heat and trying to bring the Spurs down from the inside and on the court. He's been my favorite Spur of all time and he's losing my respect everytime he opens his fucking mouth.

Soul_Patch
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
I was telling my wife this last night...

If the Heat would play to their ability every game, they would be undefeated. When they suddenly decide they want it, and play intense D and O, they are completely dominant...What they lack is mental fortitude. They are as emotional as a teenage girl.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM

And that's why I can't doubt this team.Yep, I don't doubt the team will show up tomorrow night. I just hope the first half they stay close.

Spurs Brazil
06-19-2013, 02:30 PM
I still can't believe. I'm also a huge soccer fan and yesterday was the worst loss ever, soccer/basketball. I can't believe.

But we have another chance. I think the guys can recover and we'll get this shit.

crc21209
06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm still in complete shock. It just doesnt seem fair. Tim deserved better than that shit ending last night. Today and tomorrow are going to be painfully long days. At first thought I wanted nothing to do with a Game 7. Now, I feel like the Spurs are the better team and can get it done. The only guys who played well last night were Duncan, Diaw, and Leonard. Tony played like shit up until his big 3 and the turnaround shot in the paint. Manu was absolutely horrible, no other words. Green was shut down. The bench didn't really provide anything. And yet, they were up 5 with 28 seconds left. Another thing to note is that Wade hardly played in the 2nd half. He has to be really be hurting. And I don't care how young LeBron is, you know his ass is tired from last night too. The weight of the world will be on his shoulders tomorrow night. They used just as much energy physically and mentally as the Spurs did last night.

spurs10
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.Hell yes! The Heat got lucky, now let's see if lightning will strike twice. All the years of battling together will pay off.

bigfan
06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Fuck it, game 6 is over now and on to game 7. It will be close and I know everyone will be playing well, the teams are very evenly matched. We hit our 3's and play tough D and we will be champions.

heyheymymy
06-19-2013, 03:10 PM
miami was facing elimination, they played like it

san antonio was not facing elimination, they played like it.

we played like shit, and still controlled it until we gave it away. that was our game to lose. the heat didnt beat the spurs soundly, they had to scramble an improbable turn of events to even force OT

game 7 spurs are now facing elimination, they will play like it.

this one is far from over. people think spurs are outta gas from gm6? that goes both ways, heat could've blown their load just to force a gm7. heat gotta play a lot better too b/c they played their hearts out in game 6 and still had to rely on OUR missed FTs and OUR missed O boards to jack 2 improbable threes in 20 seconds to even force OT.

i'd say it's neck and neck, and the spurs are not going to go quietly into the night.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 03:11 PM

Maybe. In any case, i'm not concerned about Manu. I don't think its possible for him to play worse. Just as bad, maybe, but worse?

I was more worried with Timmy and he came out today fired up. I think he wants it BAD.

SpurSwag
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
First thread of yours i've agreed with whole heartedly in a while. I've been saying to all of my friends the reason I'm really confident going into game 7 is I truly believe we are the better team. I've always heard from analysts that there's a point in a series where both teams know who the better team is, and even though the spurs lost, I feel as if that was made pretty obvious last night. I expect Duncan to give it his all once more and for Ginobili to have an insane bounce back game. I can't imagine what more the heat could do besides have their shooters get hot, and hopefully they shoot as they have most of the series.

easjer
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Tim Duncan just had a taste of what defeat at that level feels like. If you think he's not going to go ballistic to win Thursday, you are insane. He's PISSED. He wants it bad. Will it be enough? I don't know, but Timmy is not the players I'm worried about. If he can will the ball through the hoop, he will.

Oh, Gee!!
06-19-2013, 03:42 PM
I had no problem sleeping. Waking up was hard because I had stay up late to witness that crap.

Obstructed_View
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM
I slept like a baby. The Spurs went from champions to footnotes in 50.6 seconds. Teams don't win game sevens on the road. I never thought that the spurs would have not one, but two possessions to seal a championship with either a rebound or a defensive play and leave their best defender and rebounder on the bench for both of them.

I'll be watching every second of the Spurs' 30 point loss on Thursday night.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I slept like a baby. The Spurs went from champions to footnotes in 50.6 seconds. Teams don't win game sevens on the road. I never thought that the spurs would have not one, but two possessions to seal a championship with either a rebound or a defensive play and leave their best defender and rebounder on the bench for both of them.

I'll be watching every second of the Spurs' 30 point loss on Thursday night.Co-signed.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-19-2013, 04:57 PM
I just wanna cry. We has the NBA title in our hands. We let it slip away. I want to yell at Pop for yanking Tim. Our tallest player on the court was 6'7 I don't understand it. I feel like Pop out thought himself, it feels like a move the Spurs would never make. Why didn't we fuckin foul??? Why would we let Miami shoot another 3??? I just don't get it. That wasn't Spurs basketball. So many things went wrong. We led the whole damn game, and let it get away. How, how, how? This is worse than .04. This one, we were NBA Champions and we blew it. The trophy was ours.

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2013, 05:02 PM
I have no faith in a Spurs victory as long as Manu is on the team. You people are forgetting that he is a detriment to the team, not an asset at this point. He cost us the title. No amount of faith or "I believe" statements can change the fact that he sucks.
I understand that people feel an almost supernatural attachment to the guy, but it's exactly that kind of sentimentalism that killed us yesterday.
Pop should have pulled him when it was obvious to everyone (especially our opponents) that he is incompetent.

Why would any Spurs fan want him back next year? There aren't any basketball reasons.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I have no faith in a Spurs victory as long as Manu is on the team. You people are forgetting that he is a detriment to the team, not an asset at this point. He cost us the title. No amount of faith or "I believe" statements can change the fact that he sucks.
I understand that people feel an almost supernatural attachment to the guy, but it's exactly that kind of sentimentalism that killed us yesterday.
Pop should have pulled him when it was obvious to everyone (especially our opponents) that he is incompetent.Tell this to Pop please who is willing to live and DIE with Manu.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I had lost all hope last night but I'm feeling better now about Game 7. Agreed that Timmy is going to play his life out. Win or lose I'm going down with the ship and then I'm moving on. The Spurs have consumed my life since the playoffs started and I've been ignoring my family and my own well being.

50 cent
06-19-2013, 05:13 PM
I have no confidence for tomorrow. That was just a brutal way to lose.

50 cent
06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
And I sure as hell don't want Manu back. This will be the 2nd title he has cost us. He's done more damage than good and it's a certainty at this point in his career. He just needs to go away.

objective
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Spurs can't win game 7.

Even if they don't get blown out by 30 and quit during the first quarter like I expect them to, Pop will find a way to lose the game. I've called him the most overrated coach of all time and he proved it last night.

Mentally tough? I don't see it. Even if they are, it won't help. Neal will still leave shooters, Duncan will still not get the ball or be benched, Parker will over dribble and be benched, Manu will still turn the ball over, and Pop will still be there with game-losing decisions. Whether it's leaving the inbounder unguarded to get a clean pass in, or benching one of the all time greats . . . Pop has never and will never win without the more talented team. Because he needs the talent surplus to cover his mistakes.

It's a disgrace that the Spurs are now without question the biggest chokers of all time. And turned Lebron into a bigger legend.

Shameful.

SA210
06-19-2013, 05:30 PM
:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGveSI7sDwE

99 Problems
06-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Parker 6/23, that not gunna go again.

Big day for Spurs coming up.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM

I'll be watching every second of the Spurs' 30 point loss on Thursday night.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-19-2013, 06:18 PM
The Spurs will be victorious Thursday night. Spurs are the better team. The Heat wont be able to muster up enough energy to win tomorrow. The Heat gave everything they had lastnight, they'll have nothing left. The Spurs are a machine, they play with the same intensity every game. The Spurs will bring it tomorrow, Parker wont play like shit, Manu will come through, Tim is Tim, Kawhi will bring it as always. We're gonna be partying Thursday night.

Believe

ManuTastic
06-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Miami is already planning their victory parade and ordering cigars. They think this is over. That's our advantage. If we come out tentative and scared they'll bury us. But if we come out and go at them full force, that's our only chance.

Bust 'em in the mouth.

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Only thought after last night: Spurs have a very small chance at winning.

The Heat have the momentum and confidence of having just stole a game and putting themselves in great position to win game 7 at home. The role players of the Heat will have higher probability of knocking down their shots as they're gonna be playing with more confidence. The opposite is true for the Spurs. Every time the Spurs take a jumper, what happened last night will be fresh in their mind and won't generally feel as confident. The Heat will step up defensively and it's become an obstacle to manage Tony's hamstring situation and make sure he isn't running out of gas in the 2nd half.

I just don't see it. I'm an admitted pessimist in these situations. It could go either way as each game has been unpredictable, but I give Miami the edge. If the Spurs lose, Game 6 will be remembered for a very long time as one of the biggest choke jobs in history, ultimately costing the Spurs what they've been trying to achieve again for years. This year was the year to do it, there's no next year. Didn't have to go through a tough Laker team or a full strength OKC. Wade isn't 100%. A fucking shame.

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Co-signed.
As well tbh.

The Spurs played most of the game pretty damn well, even though Manu sucked ass and Parker didn't have a particularly explosive game. Duncan compensated and the Spurs answered each Heat run and stayed in front for basically the whole game. They put themselves in the best realistically possible position (this late in this series and switching back to Miami yone can't expect a 3-point barrage and Spurs win via blowout) on the road in Miami to win last night and still fucked it up.

The key is to get up first and maintain it throughout the game. The Heat have sky high confidence when things are going well and they're up by several points. A lot of things need to go right for the Spurs throughout 48 minutes. Miami? Well, they can play a shittier game and still win because they have a guy or two who can bail them out. I predict a Miami 20 point win tbh.

ace3g
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Not sure if I'm ready to watch this yet, even with the BTS stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8WOmDo_CfU

RD2191
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Or the moment of truth in your lies...

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Spurs can't win game 7.

Even if they don't get blown out by 30 and quit during the first quarter like I expect them to, Pop will find a way to lose the game. I've called him the most overrated coach of all time and he proved it last night.

Mentally tough? I don't see it. Even if they are, it won't help. Neal will still leave shooters, Duncan will still not get the ball or be benched, Parker will over dribble and be benched, Manu will still turn the ball over, and Pop will still be there with game-losing decisions. Whether it's leaving the inbounder unguarded to get a clean pass in, or benching one of the all time greats . . . Pop has never and will never win without the more talented team. Because he needs the talent surplus to cover his mistakes.

It's a disgrace that the Spurs are now without question the biggest chokers of all time. And turned Lebron into a bigger legend.

Shameful.He's not as bad as Phil Jackson.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Only thought after last night: Spurs have a very small chance at winning.

The Heat have the momentum and confidence of having just stole a game and putting themselves in great position to win game 7 at home. The role players of the Heat will have higher probability of knocking down their shots as they're gonna be playing with more confidence. The opposite is true for the Spurs. Every time the Spurs take a jumper, what happened last night will be fresh in their mind and won't generally feel as confident. The Heat will step up defensively and it's become an obstacle to manage Tony's hamstring situation and make sure he isn't running out of gas in the 2nd half.

I just don't see it. I'm an admitted pessimist in these situations. It could go either way as each game has been unpredictable, but I give Miami the edge. If the Spurs lose, Game 6 will be remembered for a very long time as one of the biggest choke jobs in history, ultimately costing the Spurs what they've been trying to achieve again for years. This year was the year to do it, there's no next year. Didn't have to go through a tough Laker team or a full strength OKC. Wade isn't 100%. A fucking shame.Thumbs up.

timvp
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Not sure if I'm ready to watch this yet, even with the BTS stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8WOmDo_CfU

Wish me well, I'm about to press play :depressed

ace3g
06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
oh and should LeBron have been in the game with blood on his leg?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c88bdca845eb0e5c20981835db3dc660/tumblr_momkhiAMhU1ruj0bpo1_1280.jpg

ace3g
06-19-2013, 07:57 PM

Let us know how the players look in the locker room after the game, if there is footage of that (usually there is).

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Green should have stolen that ball from Bosh tbh, at the very least get a jump ball

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

Nice sentiments, and a positive way to approach the loss.

However, I think Mugen's right. This feels like 2004 all over again, and I think we'll fight gamely in the first half, then age and injuries and the mental battering of losing gamne 6 will take its toll in the second. We shall see.

hsxvvd
06-19-2013, 08:01 PM
It's simple. They will need to play the greatest and most suprising game to win what will be the greatest and most suprising championship.

Seriously, did anybody think we'd be here at the beginning of the season? No, if your honest.

Does anybody think we can bounce back and win game 7? Probably not.

This season has been full of the unexpected.... no better way to cap it off, than an unexpected victory.

timvp
06-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Son of a.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM
It's simple. They will need to play the greatest and most suprising game to win what will be the greatest and most suprising championship.

Seriously, did anybody think we'd be here at the beginning of the season? No, if your honest.

Does anybody think we can bounce back and win game 7? Probably not.

This season has been full of the unexpected.... no better way to cap it off, than an unexpected victory.

Let's go with that! ;)

timvp
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Let us know how the players look in the locker room after the game, if there is footage of that (usually there is).

Morgue, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Let us know how the players look in the locker room after the game, if there is footage of that (usually there is).I skipped to the last part of the videos and Jesus Christ, their faces look depressing. Makes feel sad as if I were part of the team. Skip to 6:20.

LakerLanny
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

My sympathies...I was upset all day and I am a Laker fan, that's how tough a loss that was. In fact, I think one could argue that was the toughest loss of all time in basketball if the Spurs do not win Game 7.

It makes me sick that Kawhi missed that FT because I am a huge SDSU fan (and alum) and a huge fan of that great kid. It heartens me to see that the vast majority of Spurs fans are not blaming him for that, the pressure was immense and he played a fantastic game (and series) to that point.

As you mentioned, Manu was simply horrific. There is little doubt that his turnovers cost the Spurs the game, that cannot be logically debated. I just don't understand how he could be so careless with the ball, those were just awful plays and there were so many of them that it just boggles the mind.

But to me the biggest blame has to go to Popovich. I have always thought he gets way more credit than he has deserved for the Spurs success over the years. Last night was an example of a coach who has read too many of his own press clippings and fallen in love with himself to the point of overcoaching.

I could name 10 different coaching moves of his last night that were awful and not just in hindsight, I was screaming at the TV when he made them. How can you have Ginobili in the game in OT? He was obviously way off and shouldn't have been on the floor, his mistakes in OT doomed them of course.

But even worse was not have Duncan and Parker on the floor at the end of regulation. He also did not seem to grasp that the Heat had to foul at the end of regulation and allowed a young player who has never been a great FT shooter (Kawhi) to be the one to get fouled for the most critical FT's in the NBA since Sasha Vujacic took down the Celtics in Game 7 of 2010.

His lineup to start the 4th was atrocious, he completely botched the game and deserves a lot more blame than he is getting. If the Spurs don't win Game 7, I would submit that Game 6 was the worst single game coaching performance of all time, it really was that bad.

I feel for you guys, that game was as tough a loss as you will ever see and it makes me sick just thinking about it and not just because I bet the Spurs at +190 to win the series before it started. Get them in Game 7, please.

doobs
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm still kinda pissed about what happened but I can't imagine losing sleep over it. I hope the Spurs didn't lose any sleep either.

I hope Lebron & Co. stayed out late at Liv and celebrated like they won the championship.

hsxvvd
Time for a "Win one for the Gipper" from Popovich.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Son of a.

It's like watching a nightmare again, isn't it... :depressed :pctoss

LakerLanny
06-19-2013, 08:07 PM

Don't do it, you are a masochist if you watch that one again. God that sucked.

Chinook
06-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Parker and Green made the plays of the game, which gave the Spurs a chance at the end of regulation and in overtime. Tony's shot needs no explanation, and to me, Green's block on James was even better than James' block on Duncan, since Lebron saw it coming and Green was falling back. Had the Spurs won that game, I don't know who'd have gotten MVP after those two plays and Duncan's first half. That's moot as far as awards go, but it's not negligible.

I think Danny has the heart of a champion now; even when he had a bad shooting game, he came up clutch on defense to make a play that no one else in the league could make. If Leonard didn't before, I think he does, too. I think he'll take the appropriate responsibility for the loss and play that much harder. They're ready to step up to make the Big Five, but they won't be able to do it without the other three to help them. Ginobili having another terrible game can only help him. He knows now that the team CAN'T win without him. He'll step up. Parker knows he has a big culprit of the loss with his selfishness. When he sees how open everyone was, he'll know exactly when to pass. Duncan knows that he can beat anyone Miami has one on one, and he just has to try to find the open shooter during the inevitable doubles. Pop saw everything the Heat had to throw at him, and he can make his adjustments.

Lesson learned. That's why they had TWO chances to win. Just come out and get this one.

timvp
06-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Son of a.

Most interesting part was Pop telling TP to keep shooting. That explains TP's mindset, tbh.

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Don't do it, you are a masochist if you watch that one again. God that sucked.

I had to watch it to see the mistakes. I've already stated them in other threads, gosh that sucked :depressed

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
My sympathies...I was upset all day and I am a Laker fan, that's how tough a loss that was. In fact, I think one could argue that was the toughest loss of all time in basketball if the Spurs do not win Game 7.

It makes me sick that Kawhi missed that FT because I am a huge SDSU fan (and alum) and a huge fan of that great kid. It heartens me to see that the vast majority of Spurs fans are not blaming him for that, the pressure was immense and he played a fantastic game (and series) to that point.

As you mentioned, Manu was simply horrific. There is little doubt that his turnovers cost the Spurs the game, that cannot be logically debated. I just don't understand how he could be so careless with the ball, those were just awful plays and there were so many of them that it just boggles the mind.

But to me the biggest blame has to go to Popovich. I have always thought he gets way more credit than he has deserved for the Spurs success over the years. Last night was an example of a coach who has read too many of his own press clippings and fallen in love with himself to the point of overcoaching.

I could name 10 different coaching moves of his last night that were awful and not just in hindsight, I was screaming at the TV when he made them. How can you have Ginobili in the game in OT? He was obviously way off and shouldn't have been on the floor, his mistakes in OT doomed them of course.

But even worse was not have Duncan and Parker on the floor at the end of regulation. He also did not seem to grasp that the Heat had to foul at the end of regulation and allowed a young player who has never been a great FT shooter (Kawhi) to be the one to get fouled for the most critical FT's in the NBA since Sasha Vujacic took down the Celtics in Game 7 of 2010.

His lineup to start the 4th was atrocious, he completely botched the game and deserves a lot more blame than he is getting. If the Spurs don't win Game 7, I would submit that Game 6 was the worst single game coaching performance of all time, it really was that bad.

I feel for you guys, that game was as tough a loss as you will ever see and it makes me sick just thinking about it and not just because I bet the Spurs at +190 to win the series before it started. Get them in Game 7, please.

I just can't find it in myself to blame a guy who goes 9-14 and is the sole reason other than Duncan the Spurs were in the position they were in. Pop also hung him out to dry by having him on the floor in that situation, as, like you said, he's never been a great FT shooter. And then when you factor in his youth and the gravity of the moment, he was guaranteed to miss at least one. Once he got the ball, I knew he was going to miss one or even two.

And then Manu. Fuckin' Manu. No words.

Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

It happens.

DMC
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
In the history of NBA finals, how many road teams could win Game 7?? Man we are going to make history

In the history of the NBA how many scrubs could set a NBA Finals record for most 3's in a series?

How many teams could set a Finals record for fewest turnovers in a game?

How many teams could set the NBA record for most 3's in a Finals game?

Records are made to be broken, and what happened to other teams doesn't mean anything. You win or you lose based on how you play.

DMC
06-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Kawhi's miss is no more important than any other missed shot or FT that game. In fact it's half as important as a missed shot and 1/3rd as important as a missed 3. If it's the first FT attempt, it's even less important because there's no one to rebound.
We tend to focus on the last person who had the shot, but everyone had a shot and everyone missed at some point.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2013, 08:36 PM
I just refuse to believe they're too deflated to win. They know that they beat themselves, that if just went after one more rebound or made one more free throw it's over now. They know they were the better team for the majority of the game. They know they can do it again, and this time keep it together for just another minute or two more. It doesn't make sense for them to lose faith when they know their opponent is beatable.

therealtruth
06-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Alot of players played bad last night. Also that was the first game the Heat showed their willingness to put Parker on James the whole game. The Spurs need to punish them for that. They should pretty much clear out so Kawhi can dominate on Chalmers. Also if they're not going to leave Green they should force situations where Green's man is forced to help.

therealtruth
06-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Kawhi's miss is no more important than any other missed shot or FT that game. In fact it's half as important as a missed shot and 1/3rd as important as a missed 3. If it's the first FT attempt, it's even less important because there's no one to rebound.
We tend to focus on the last person who had the shot, but everyone had a shot and everyone missed at some point.

The team wasn't ready. I thought Kawhi went to the line too quickly. He should have spent time to gather himself. It was a big free throw. I never got the sense of the moment that everyone on the Spurs realized how important that free throw was. The same thing when Manu was at the line and missed one. I remember during championship years and Manu got to the line in that situation you knew he was closing the game out. That's what champions do. They hit the free throws when it matters.

CGD
06-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Nut up sons!

lets see what happens in game 7. We can commiserate later if needed, but not now.

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Timvp, you're brave to watch the game again. I still can't do it. I tried but stopped watching in the 4th with the lead and less than a minute to go. Didn't want my heart to feel the pain again. Still hurts too much.

By the way, some say Spurs looked dead at practice and interviews. Did you see Lebron's? I thought he looked pretty spent as well.
Anybody have any updates on Timmy's knee? After that fall with Bosch-he looked gimpy.

Austin_Toros
06-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I can't get over that game 6 loss. Expect TD to go all out in game 7. Manu will get minutes, obviously, but I'm hoping he pulls out a miracle - he should be telling himself he has a lot to make up for.

50 cent
06-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I can't believe you would watch that timvp. I never will.

And LakerLanny was spot on. Fuck me, what is the world coming to when LakerLanny sympathizes with us. :(

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 10:02 PM
God, if many of us find it difficult to watch the game again, I can't imagine being in the room with Pop and the team reviewing film on the game. Sucks, tbh...

DMC
06-19-2013, 10:24 PM
I haven't watched it yet tbh. Probably won't.

Everyone is spent, it's the last possible game of the year, so there's no excuses. Pushing the Heat to 7 games is a big deal. Winning would be great, but if anyone thinks being tired is an excuse to lose, they've lost already.

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Everyone saying what does Tim have left, he WILL show up tomorrow there's not a doubt in my mind

I actually agree. my faith in Duncan is the only reason im not completely dejected and quit on this team.

my problem is two fold. how MUCH does he have left, and will it be ENOUGH?

therealtruth
06-20-2013, 12:08 AM
God, if many of us find it difficult to watch the game again, I can't imagine being in the room with Pop and the team reviewing film on the game. Sucks, tbh...

They probably threw the tape away.

egtonecity
06-20-2013, 12:54 AM
They probably threw the tape away.

manu tried to throw it away but he threw it right to Miami ... Per usual. Lol.

Arcadian
06-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Yeah, the Spurs are the better team and they know it. They're not gonna lay down and die. Basically,

1) Replicate game 6 performance
2) Don't use Manu as a playmaker
3) Win championship

spurraider21
06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
based on how i responded to Tuesday night's game, i know i'm going to bawl like a freakin baby after the game, win or lose

:baby

BillMc
06-20-2013, 05:09 AM
It's by no means impossible to win in Miami. We've won once this series, and nearly a second time. We may not win tonight, but those that say we realistically can't are kidding themselves.

sanman53
06-20-2013, 06:26 AM
2 words: Tim Duncan.

TP got us here, TD will give all he has tonight.

Its Game 7 of the Finals! Duncans not tired, he had 9 days off before this series AND its Game 7. The greatest power forward ever will not quit.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:02 AM

Fuck off. Be gone.

antgomez2009
06-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Its Game 7!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no time to be feeling banged up. TiMvp great post, I was thinking the same thing about that game. Sure Gino was horrible, had some missed opportunities late in the game, but overall Leonard had a stud game, Tim turned back the hands of time with a spectacular performance, and Tony although did not shoot well, played a very descent game. For those who say you just dont see how someone can bounce back after a loss like Tuesday...well go kick rocks!! Thats why you are not in the NBA, thats why life has taken you by the balls...This game, like Tony said, well show what they are made of, and I love that statement. Because in reality, thats the truth, and If you are mentally tough, like these Spurs are, then Expect an even greater game tonight!!! Do or Die baby!!!! GSG!

sventhedog
06-20-2013, 07:30 AM
i still think there's a chance but manu is just too much of a drama queen. lol.

spurspokesman
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Miracle In Miami will be the title. Spurs make history and win no. 5

noles1983
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
I would love nothing more than to see SA bring that whole Miami arena to tears, fuck them bitches. Do it to it Spurs!

Stabula
06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
stick to your grades timvp

cutewizard
06-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Our beloved Spurs will need this in the next few hours:

How can you see into my eyes like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb without a soul
My spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up) Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up) Wake me up inside
(Save me) Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up) Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up) Before I come undone
(Save me) Save me from the nothing I've become

Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life

Bring me to life (I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net ]
Bring me to life

Frozen inside without your touch, without your love
Darling, only you are the life among the dead

(All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me)
I've been sleeping a thousand years, it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
(Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul)
Don't let me die here (There must be something more)
Bring me to life

Bring me to life (I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

cutewizard
06-20-2013, 08:36 AM
there can only be one....................

and that one team standing has one man in it that wont die

THE GREATEST POWER FORWARD OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

book it fellow fans

Mugen
06-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Fuck off. Be gone.

:lol awwwww

RandomGuy
06-20-2013, 09:15 AM
-Damn that stings.

Believe.

Did someone ask for Random thoughts?

I think Pop lost the game when he took Timmy out for a couple of key plays right at the end. Both plays were failed shot attempts that the Spurs did not get the rebound from, that I am pretty sure that Timmy would have gotten, had he been in.

Pop changed up something that was working, to something that wasn't. Minor, minor thing, but on the razor's edge, it tilted the balance.

baseline bum
06-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Fucking shit, I still can't believe they blew a 5 point lead with 28.2 seconds. :pctoss

I mean how many fucking opportunities do you get in this league against that caliber of team?

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

DeadlyDynasty
12-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Merry Christmas

DMC
12-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Merry Christmas

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/kobe-bryant-contracte-extension.jpg

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2013/04/13/041313-NBA-KOBE-Hospital-PI-AA_20130413162553860_660_320.JPG

Season's Greetings

DeadlyDynasty
12-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Legacy contract, tbh...not winning it anyways with peak LeBron in the league for another 3-4 years

Expert
12-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Legacy contract, tbh...not winning it anyways with peak LeBron in the league for another 3-4 years
and we had no business in the finals.

DeadlyDynasty
12-25-2013, 09:27 PM
and we had no business in the finals.
True, but the WC injury stars aligned and you got there and were 28 seconds away. Pop or Manu? Who is first against the wall?

timtonymanu
12-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, pal! :toast

dallasmaverickslose
12-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Merry Christmas

why.

rascal
12-26-2013, 09:53 AM
miami was facing elimination, they played like it

san antonio was not facing elimination, they played like it.

we played like shit, and still controlled it until we gave it away. that was our game to lose. the heat didnt beat the spurs soundly, they had to scramble an improbable turn of events to even force OT

game 7 spurs are now facing elimination, they will play like it.

this one is far from over. people think spurs are outta gas from gm6? that goes both ways, heat could've blown their load just to force a gm7. heat gotta play a lot better too b/c they played their hearts out in game 6 and still had to rely on OUR missed FTs and OUR missed O boards to jack 2 improbable threes in 20 seconds to even force OT.

i'd say it's neck and neck, and the spurs are not going to go quietly into the night.

This current spurs core/team has a bad record when facing their own elimination in the playoffs.

AchillesHeel
12-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Merry Christmas

hope your loved one dies a horrible death right in front of your eyes

TampaDude
12-26-2013, 02:15 PM
True, but the WC injury stars aligned and you got there and were 28 seconds away. Pop or Manu? Who is first against the wall?

Karma payback for 2007?

Anyway...

1999 = 1+9+9+9=28 2+8=1 ODD NUMBER
2003 = 2+0+0+3=5 ODD NUMBER
2005 = 2+0+0+5=7 ODD NUMBER
2007 = 2+0+0+7=9 ODD NUMBER
2013 = 2+0+1+3=6 EVEN NUMBER BZZZT!
2014 = 2+0+1+4=7 ODD NUMBER

2014 is the year, folks. Spurs over Pacers in 6.