PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: From eternal bragging rights to eternal shame

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 11:58 AM
That's all that`s on the line Thursday:lol

Reck
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
And it applies for both teams really.

If Spurs lose, this will go down as their most epic failure.
If Miami loses, Lebron's ongoing legacy will be severly questioned.

jeebus
06-19-2013, 12:12 PM
San Anchokenio will definitely try to one up their game 6 aweseomeness.

JoeTait75
06-19-2013, 12:15 PM

Indeed. Most people have already conceded Game 7 to the Heat. Losing would be a fail of epic proportions.

Reck
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
San Anchokenio will definitely try to one up their game 6 aweseomeness.

Take comfort in the thought that if things go like they have been going in this series that Spurs will win.

Spurs have never trailed in this series. The trend tells us Spurs will win game 7 based on alternation.

The Reckoning
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
this site will be a barren wasteland if spurs lose. most active forum will be the club. it would have been the troll forum with mouse talking to himself if it hadn't been canned.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
this site will be a barren wasteland if spurs lose. most active forum will be the club. it would have been the troll forum with mouse talking to himself if it hadn't been canned.
If the spurs lose i might hafta make upstairs a permanent residence

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 01:48 PM

Spurs fans finally feel what you felt after Norwood shanked it.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Meh... the usual crowd will be here a month after this is over... I know I will

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Spurs fans finally feel what you felt after Norwood shanked it.

To be fair, it was a 47 yd kick outdoors to win a SB, and it's not like he Cundiff`d it...still, brutal

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 01:58 PM
To be fair, it was a 47 yd kick outdoors to win a SB, and it's not like he Cundiff`d it...still, brutal

How about the Thurman Thomas fumble?

Changed the momentum of that game.

Guess it's fitting for you that most Spurs fans are Cowboys fans, so you in a sense deserve this.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Thomas always had fumbleitis...the 37 3rd and longs Buffalo's D gave up in that game were the real culprit

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 03:04 PM
i dont see spurs wiinning this shit if they aint hitting above 50% fg

must not allow any miami run stretch out to 6...

play ur fkn hot hand and strong lineup to start and end quarters....

kl will be the difference maker, i think his going to have another monster game, while gino or parker continues to go take turn laying an egg and eating it

irishock
06-19-2013, 03:06 PM

If Miami loses, Lebron's ongoing legacy will be severly questioned.

It's still a dynasty for San Antonio. The Heat have most at stake.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 03:11 PM
i still like the spurs chances of an upset win g7

only chance of losing the game is white flag early due to heat run the spurs couldnt recover from....

but i dont trust pop and the weak ass pansy players on the team who will go soft and go home early

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Eh, this is the pleasant aspect of the whole "no one cares about the Spurs" thing. Eternal bragging rights vs. eternal shame is Lebron's stakes. For the Spurs it's more like "a few spots higher on the all time underrated list of some columnist in a few years vs. NBATV airing Game 6 of this series every May and June for the next five year or so until Lebron gets eclipsed as the best in the league".

davethedope
06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
For the Spurs it's more like "a few spots higher on the all time underrated list of some columnist in a few years vs. NBATV airing Game 6 of this series every May and June for the next five year or so until Lebron gets eclipsed as the best in the league". Don't fool yourself, as a lifelong front-running Yankees fan, even with a million championships it's the ones that slip through your fingers that hurt the most. 01 and 04 are too fucking ridiculous to even think about. Spurs lose this, it's gonna haunt you for years to come, especially considering it's a small market team that may never achieve this level of success again. Ask the Knicks...

irishock
06-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't fool yourself, as a lifelong front-running Yankees fan, even with a million championships it's the ones that slip through your fingers that hurt the most. 01 and 04 are too fucking ridiculous to even think about. Spurs lose this, it's gonna haunt you for years to come, especially considering it's a small market team that may never achieve this level of success again. Ask the Knicks...

Yanks beat the Cubs in 03 imo, if Bartman didn't happen :lol

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM

with who, that shitty Bobby Peru troll? that one needs more work.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
But mah Marlins are unbeatable in postseason play:smokin

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
with who, that shitty Bobby Peru troll? that one needs more work.

I like you guy, but you're terrible at picking up on trolls

davethedope
06-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Yanks beat the Cubs in 03 imo, if Bartman didn't happen :lol

oh fuck... please no... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I like you guy, but you're terrible at picking up on trolls

some truth to that. maybe people are using a program to compare IP addresses, but based on syntax, i've missed on several. I thought Sybok was Extra Stout/Koolaid all this time. I figure Peru was yours with the David Lynch reference.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Tbh if i had a david lynch troll itd be Ben from Blue Velvet

jeebus
06-19-2013, 04:55 PM
if the Spurs lose, everyone should have expendable trolls ready to go upstairs. it's going to make last year look like CSPAN2 on a normal day.

Baseline
06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
This is what Pop did by pulling Duncan twice in the last minute. He deprived him of eternal bragging rights, and turned it into eternal shame. All with Tim sitting on the sideline watching it. A public beheading of Pop would not provide enough revenge.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 07:03 PM
At the end of the day, us fans can take comfort in the fact it wasn't us who shamed the Spurs. And even if the Spurs won, fans don't really have "bragging rights" since they weren't out there on the court doing anything.

If Manu is the type of person not comforted by material success, this game will haunt him for the rest of his days if the Spurs lose the series.

thunderup
06-19-2013, 07:06 PM
I've seen my fair share of collapses and that one pulled off by the Spurs tops them all.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
I've seen my fair share of collapses and that one pulled off by the Spurs tops them all.

Surely it can't top the collapse caused by Timothy McVeigh in 1995.

spurraider21
06-19-2013, 08:45 PM
:worthy:

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I've been a spoiled Spurs fan all my life tbh, if this is the end and it ends with no championship it'll really put to the test how much I actually enjoy the NBA. Weird feeling.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/30tp4wj.gif

ohmwrecker
06-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Tbh if i had a david lynch troll itd be Ben from Blue Velvet

I would go with The Man from Another Place and post backwards riddles.

Rogue
06-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Being a mav fan I can empathetically understand such feelings tbh. life is cruel and you must learn to get inured to it one day or another

ezau
06-19-2013, 10:37 PM

:lol

ezau
06-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I think the Game 6 choking bonanza pretty much prepared me if the Spurs lose in Game 7. Even if the team loses, I won't really consider the Heat as the better team. Lucky and talented? Yes. Better team? No way.

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I think the Game 6 choking bonanza pretty much prepared me if the Spurs lose in Game 7. Even if the team loses, I won't really consider the Heat as the better team. Lucky and talented? Yes. Better team? No way.

:lol That makes it even worse.

Knowing you let one go to the inferior team.

HeatChamps
06-19-2013, 11:21 PM
The Spurs are lucky they got hot as it is. Danny Green having the series of his life. Time for the Spurs to come back to earth where the superior Heat will put a beatdown. :)

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
The Spurs are lucky they got hot as it is. Danny Green having the series of his life. Time for the Spurs to come back to earth where the superior Heat will put a beatdown. :)

Objectively speaking, I do think the Spurs are the better team, since Wade's injury has really affected the Heat's offense for the worst. But that makes this loss all the more fucking worse and should make Heat fans feel all the more proud that their team showed the mettle and heart to charge back from 13 down and then never give up when everything looked hopeless with 28 seconds left (much like the Lakers beating the '02 Kings, who were the "better team").

The Spurs might be the better team over a large sample size, but they don't deserve the title and the Heat do. Who's the "better team" is largely irrelevant.

If you're a Heat fan and not troll, props. It's your team's time.

Jacob1983
06-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Bragging rights are on the line for Spurs fans and Mavs fans. If the Spurs win, Spurs fans will be jizzing over the fact that their team eliminated Superfriends in the Finals. If the Spurs lose, Mavs nation will still be able to claim that their team is the last team to eliminate the Heat in the playoffs and the only team to do so in the Finals.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Jacob, you pulling for heat tomorrow?

Jacob1983
06-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Not really. I mean as a Mavs fan, you can't root for either of these teams. You are programmed to despise both of them. The hate is deeper for the Heat because of Wade's fuckfest with the FT line in 2006 and the fact the Heat stole Dirk and the Mavs' first championship. Until 6 game last night, Spurs fans had never seen their team choke in the Finals. It's a terrible thing to experience. Mavs nation will still have bragging rights over the Spurs when it comes to the Heat because the Mavs didn't have to go to game 7. I'm say that if the Spurs win that is. If the Spurs lose, then they are basically the NBA's version of the 2007-2013 New England Patriots.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 01:23 AM
choking a game = yes
but choking a series? no

spurs were never favored in the playoffs, no matter how you wanna look at who they beat or what the RS was

cause without a top RS you wont get a playoff spot in the west...

Jacob1983
06-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Never favored in the playoffs? You serious? Even some of the bozos on BSPN picked the Spurs to beat the Grizzlies in the WCF and the Heat in the Finals.

Rogue
06-20-2013, 07:10 AM
I don't actually hate either team though. I don't like the spurs but they're a respectable rival, the same goes for Miami. Spurs have been a rival to us since the beginning of time while the feud with Miami was only initiated in the 06' finals if i remember correct, and we already got compensated one in 11. If I were the God and had the power to decide the result of this series, I'd pick Miami and I believe 90% basketball fans of the world would make the same choice in my position tbh

Thread
12-24-2013, 07:41 PM

up

DeadlyDynasty
12-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Eternal Shame it is...greynames will comeback with "buh-buh-but we swept you!"...who fucking cares? Sweeps happen every year, and you didn't even get the satisfaction of doing it to Kobe--which is what you all desperately wanted. You basically went to the bar and ordered an O'Douls, congratulations to you.

6, howevuh, is FOREVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3b8LswWO1A

Reck
12-24-2013, 09:00 PM

Damnit.

Thread
12-24-2013, 09:12 PM
^I can't think of another fanbase who deserved a "6" more than the Spurs base. You'd become overbearing & insufferable as a base. I was at my wit's end with ya's to be perfectly candid. You needed to be taken down a peg or two, introduced to calamity and with it the attendant humility. Your base is lot more fun to be around now.

Merry Christmas, Shad, Cubby has forgiven you.

Rogue
12-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Cubby, please forgive me too :cry

Though I can hardly agree with you that the Spurs have the most insufferable fanbase, because some other fan bases (like the Lockets fans) are far worse. It's fair to say the Spurs base houses the shittiest fans on THIS website, too many bandwagoners and trolls registered as spurs fans. I think that is flatly normal since it is a spurs message board. ST is just too small a sample size to verify such a grand proposition imho.

DMC
12-24-2013, 11:40 PM
^I can't think of another fanbase who deserved a "6" more than the Spurs base. You'd become overbearing & insufferable as a base. I was at my wit's end with ya's to be perfectly candid. You needed to be taken down a peg or two, introduced to calamity and with it the attendant humility. Your base is lot more fun to be around now.

Merry Christmas, Shad, Cubby has forgiven you.

You've been on other forums. You've seen the massive number of newly registered Laker fans come pouring in after a Lakers win, talking the same shit like fucking clones, only to disappear after a loss. You've sorta done the same thing. I guess it's in the genetic makeup of the Lakers fan. I am an expert in genetics, so I should know but I haven't looked at the DNA makeup of Lakers fans yet.

Thread
12-24-2013, 11:43 PM
You've been on other forums. You've seen the massive number of newly registered Laker fans come pouring in after a Lakers win, talking the same shit like fucking clones, only to disappear after a loss. You've sorta done the same thing. I guess it's in the genetic makeup of the Lakers fan. I am an expert in genetics, so I should know but I haven't looked at the DNA makeup of Lakers fans yet.

You've been on the rag since 6. You poor thing, you.

DMC
12-25-2013, 12:15 AM
You've been on the rag since 6. You poor thing, you.

Your team is fucked. Time to switch back to the Suns.

Thread
12-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Your team is fucked. Time to switch back to the Suns.

I got my eye peeled for 'em.