PDA

View Full Version : Will "too much confidence" play a role in Miami's part?

Prime Time
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Miami is the type of team that gets.... "cocky" whenever they win. After a historical win like last night's, I could see them not giving a 100% on Thursday (At least at the start). Another thing, Why do people say every Spurs player must be mentally scared? They're ONE game from the championship. If anything, all of them are gearing up for one last showdown.

look_at_g_shred
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Another thing, Why do people say every Spurs player must be mentally scared? They're ONE game from the championship. If anything, all of them are gearing up for one last showdown.

That's what I just started to realize. The Spurs are over last night already. They're on the court practicing what they will be doing tomorrow night! It's a new game Thursday night. Spurs are great at bouncing back from losses.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:48 PM
In as much despair as I'm in, this actually makes sense to me. We'll see.

mudyez
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
If they had blown us out, I'd buy it, but they also should know that they basically lost the game while getting the W.

But I still believe!

HB22inSA
06-19-2013, 02:48 PM
From what I saw, the Heat were less "cocky" than usual.

They know they were given the game and probably need to focus on how they will win Game 7.

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Miami is going to play game 7, like they did qtr #4, last night...why wouldn't they?

Typical London Boy
06-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Commentators having been saying all series that the team who's lost the previous games comes out with more desperation.

I know it's Game 7 and both teams are going to be desperate, but I just think Spurs have a tad more motivation: if they don't win, they have to live with Game 6 for the rest of their lives.

But who knows, maybe tomorrow night we'll blow a 7-point lead with 15 seconds left. Maybe we ain't seen nothin' yet!

Although having said that, I've a sneaky suspicion it will go like Game 6 of the OKC series last year. Come out all guns blazing, 20-point lead, only to succumb late on.

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 03:20 PM
But who knows, maybe tomorrow night we'll blow a 7-point lead with 15 seconds left. Maybe we ain't seen nothin' yet!

:smchode:

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Commentators having been saying all series that the team who's lost the previous games comes out with more desperation.

I know it's Game 7 and both teams are going to be desperate, but I just think Spurs have a tad more motivation: if they don't win, they have to live with Game 6 for the rest of their lives.

Although having said that, I've a sneaky suspicion it will go like Game 6 of the OKC series last year. Come out all guns blazing, 20-point lead, only to succumb late on.

you answered your own statement...its down to game 7, you can throw that every other game shit out the window. I fear game 7 is over by halftime, but id rather have that than another collapse, in the last 20 sec.

celldweller
06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
One thing I learned from this series is that the angrier team wins.

GAME 1: WE WIN
GAME 2: There Pissed they lost Game One - THEY WIN
GAME 3: Were Pissed because we got blown out - WE WIN
GAME 4: There Pissed because they were blown out - THEY WIN
GAME 5: Were desperate to go back to Miami up 3 - 2 - WE WIN
GAME 6: There desperate not to loss the series - THEY BARELY WIN
GAME 7: NOW WERE JUST PLAINED PISSED OFF NOW - (FEEL IN THE BLANK)

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM

Although having said that, I've a sneaky suspicion it will go like Game 6 of the OKC series last year. Come out all guns blazing, 20-point lead, only to succumb late on.In other words, Scott Foster and Bill Kennedy will prevent the Spurs from winning #5?

spurtech09
06-19-2013, 04:00 PM
I know the spurs were out of breath but LeBron james looked out of it...it took a a lot for the heat to win last night....LeBron started to turn the ball over and LeBron can't win the game on his own.....spurs got this

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 04:04 PM
The Spurs hardly played their best game and almost took it. The Heat shot exceptionally well from 3, got a triple double from Lebron, and they still needed two borderline-impossible shots from James and Allen to force overtime. There are no moral victories, but more than depending on the Heat's "overconfidence" is the reality that the Spurs just need to maintain defensive pressure, which they've done pretty well, make their free throws, and get slightly more out of Parker and Green. Game 7 is not insurmountable, the Spurs have outplayed Miami for most of the series. Literally all they have to do is take the things they did in Game 6, reapply them, and add in a bit more offensive production. Do that, force Lebron to come back down to Earth a bit, and the Spurs could walk out of the AA Arena with a double digit victory for the title.

slick'81
06-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Cant b overconfident in an elimination game they know it took everything they had to beat us at home.both teams will be laser focused for this shit