PDA

View Full Version : Did you re-watch the final play of regulation?

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
I didn't notice it in the heat of the moment, but as Tony's driving up the left side of the front court in the final seconds, you can see Timmy trailing on the other side of the court with both arms raised high, as in "Pass me the freakin' ball." Then after Tony shoots the air ball, you only see Timmy for a fraction of a second, but he seemed to give Parker a WTF look, turning his palms upward as if to say "What the hell was that?" Then he only gives a half-ass effort to help Tony up. Watch closely if you recorded the game.

Do you see what I see? I didn't notice this at all when I watched it live.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Did you see all the turnovers when Manu tried to pass out of those double teams all night?

The Reckoning
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
parker lost the game imo. once he went hero ball, i knew the game was over even if he hit a fluke 3.

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
This was easy to see live....Timmy would have had a wide open jumper, top of the key. Everyone on the floor seemed to figure parker was going to try to be hero...td wasn't the only one open either..

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Manu needs to sit out game 7. Play diaw more.

Fabbs
06-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Yep.
Parkers Hero Ball possessions were stomach churning.
Even the few times he passed, he left his teamates in horrible position.
Example handing Kawhii the ball in the corner with like 4 seconds to shoot and Kawhii heavily covered.

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Fuck Manu right now. Pop too. This loss will haunt us for the rest of our days and they're the two to blame.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
My point wasn't to shit on Manu. My point was to show how hard that pass is to make.

Saying Parker lost the game is flat out laughable. He had to go to hero ball. No one else was scoring and the offense was absolute shit at that point. I can't take anyone who shits on Tony seriously. Not after dude hits that 3, gets a steal, and then hits the shot in the lane. Maybe Tony's mistake was passing to Manu on the break and not taking it up himself (since he was playing heroball you know) so that he takes the free throws.

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Forget Timmy, Danny Green was wide open on the corner too.

GSH
06-19-2013, 12:33 PM
No matter how many times you watch it, it comes out the same way.

Tony was gassed. The sad truth is, the Spurs' bench is vastly inferior to the Heat's. By OT, there just wasn't enough left in the tank. If you go watch the end of the game again, what you will notice is that the Heat were getting good looks, and the Spurs were being forced to take desperation shots. They had more left in the tank by the end. The Spurs did a pretty heroic job keeping it close enough to have a shot at the end. But the Spurs only had 1 FT in the last 3 minutes of the OT, and no FG's. No field goals for more than half of the OT period is going to get you a loss pretty much every time.

Dribbling down into that corner was a mistake. But he thought he was going to be able to turn the corner, or split defenders at some point. He just didn't have the gas left to do it. But by the time he could have thrown that pass you're talking about, he was covered up. It would have wound up like Green's shot at the end.

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 12:35 PM
i didn't notice it until the replay either, but Duncan had his arms up high wanting the ball. He did give Parker a look there as well, like "you tunnel vision muthaf......".

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 12:37 PM
I didn't notice it in the heat of the moment, but as Tony's driving up the left side of the front court in the final seconds, you can see Timmy trailing on the other side of the court with both arms raised high, as in "Pass me the freakin' ball." Then after Tony shoots the air ball, you only see Timmy for a fraction of a second, but he seemed to give Parker a WTF look, turning his palms upward as if to say "What the hell was that?" Then he only gives a half-ass effort to help Tony up. Watch closely if you recorded the game.

Do you see what I see? I didn't notice this at all when I watched it live.The ones that deserved that angry look from Timmy was Pop and Manu. They have potentially cost us a championship.

rogues
06-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Watched it plenty..that's championship defense in case you all forgot..

Horse
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Did anyone notice bosh hip-check the fuck out of Green like this was the stanley cup finals?

Horse
06-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Watched it plenty..that's championship defense in case you all forgot..
Haha more like a championship gift the Spurs gave you.Your D does not force missed Ft's and although you won't admit it, your D did not force Manu to try retarded passes. Or Pop to suddenly coach like he's spolstra.

perfectdark
06-19-2013, 12:47 PM
tp hero ball gave us the lead but it also cost us
does anyone know why timeout wasnt taken when leonard had the inbound he kinda stalled a couple of seconds there??

EVAY
06-19-2013, 12:50 PM
tp hero ball gave us the lead but it also cost us
does anyone know why timeout wasnt taken when leonard had the inbound he kinda stalled a couple of seconds there??
It was because the only guy open wasn't the guy Pop told him to pass it to.

One of the things people so often forget is that the players out there are doing exactly what the coach has told them to do.

ffadicted
06-19-2013, 12:50 PM
IDK how you guys could bear to re-watch that tbqh... I just want to smoke weed all day and relax, then take tomorrow as it comes...

spurs10
06-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Fuck Manu right now. Pop too. This loss will haunt us for the rest of our days and they're the two to blame.We need to win game 7. That's what decides if we deserve it or not.

EVAY
06-19-2013, 12:51 PM

Do you see what I see? I didn't notice this at all when I watched it live.

Maybe because Tony remembered that Tim was 0 for the 4th quarter (and, as it happened, 0 for the OT).

davidbowie
06-19-2013, 12:52 PM
i turned on sports center when i got home last night and lasted about 20 secs lol

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 12:56 PM
IDK how you guys could bear to re-watch that tbqh... I just want to smoke weed all day and relax, then take tomorrow as it comes...

I re-watched the last couple of minutes of regulation, which was nauseating ... I didn't dare watch the OT.

FvckMavs
06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
It has been replayed a thousand times in my brain since last night.

phxspurfan
06-19-2013, 01:08 PM
My point wasn't to shit on Manu. My point was to show how hard that pass is to make.

Saying Parker lost the game is flat out laughable. He had to go to hero ball. No one else was scoring and the offense was absolute shit at that point. I can't take anyone who shits on Tony seriously. Not after dude hits that 3, gets a steal, and then hits the shot in the lane. Maybe Tony's mistake was passing to Manu on the break and not taking it up himself (since he was playing heroball you know) so that he takes the free throws.

This. Parker and Duncan were absolute legendary beasts last night. Manu was a piece of shit and Pop was not far behind.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:27 PM
No fucking way am I watching any replays of the end of that game. It's all burned into my brain.

T Park
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Too much of a pathetic human being to watch it again. Will just make me as sick as I was last night.

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Nope. Once was enough. :lol

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
i must have a high tolerance for pain, or some sort of masochist, because I watched the entire game again lol.

yeah, wasn't pretty, but I just like to study these things so i can make sense of them.

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I had to watch it to see what went wrong. As much as I hate to say it Manu, even after crapping the bed all night was part of the reason those two boards were not secured. I have no explanation for it, the guy is cursed.
1st rebound: Kawhi and Diaw had the ball 'til Manu bumped Kawhi and the ball changed direction
2nd rebound: Manu either stay with Allen or go for the board, he does neither and decide to flop

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 01:43 PM
I had to watch it to see what went wrong. As much as I hate to say it Manu, even after crapping the bed all night was part of the reason those two boards were not secured. I have no explanation for it, the guy is cursed.
1st rebound: Kawhi and Diaw had the ball 'til Manu bumped Kawhi and the ball changed direction
2nd rebound: Manu either stay with Allen or go for the board, he does neither and decide to flop

That was on Danny Green. Watch the play again, Green was guarding Allen but left him then just drifted in no-man's-land as Miami tied it up.

polandprzem
06-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Yea I just can't go and even watch the highlights ...

:depressed

King
06-19-2013, 01:47 PM
It's easy to see TD open from an aerial view of the court. Probably not so much at ground level running full speed with a bunch of 6'5+ guys in between you. TP is the only reason we were in that situation to begin with. He gets a pass from me.

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 01:47 PM

This. The way Miami was swarming at him, it would have been hell to connect on that pass.

And for the people calling heroball? When your shooters aren't connecting and you're at the end of a closeout Finals game, that's when your stars are supposed to want the ball. The problem was him missing the shot, not trying to take it. And considering that the only way we got that close was Tony nailing that sick stepback 3 (followed by the steal and the next basket to totally turn the game around with a minute left), Tony is the the least of the people we should be pointing fingers at.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
It's easy to see TD open from an aerial view of the court. Probably not so much at ground level running full speed with a bunch of 6'5+ guys in between you. TP is the only reason we were in that situation to begin with. He gets a pass from me.

My purpose in posting this was not to criticize Tony. It's just that when I saw what Tim did when I re-watched the last play (he looked like he was expecting to receive the ball, as opposed to a generic "I'm open"), I took that to mean Pop might have drawn up the play for Tony to go left then throw it to Tim FOR A THREE POINTER, ala Phoenix 2008, so Tim could win #5 himself at the buzzer. Even if not a 3-pointer, I fear the last play was drawn up for Tim. If that's the case, that would explain Tim's reaction.

Knoxxx
06-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I turned off the TV not a second before the game ended, but before LeBron could finish his first sentence of post game interview commentary. Nothing would have bored me more at that moment, I was tired and LeBron is boring.