PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Spurs fans need not panic

SpursDynasty
06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
I see a lot of complaining/disappointed Spurs fans on this forum. Games are 48 minutes long. ESPN will try to make a storyline out of Ray Allen's three pointer, but that's just an overhyped shot to make for a good front page story, just like LeBron's block on Tiago earlier in the series. The fact is, any shots made within the 48 minutes of a game only count for one (if a free throw), two, or three points. Whether Ray Allen's three was made with 5 seconds left or made within the first minute of the first quarter, it's only three points. As I said after Game 4, no one expected the Heat to lay down and let the Spurs win. The Heat however, did get some help from the Spurs. Manu and Kawhi missed some crucial free throws. A foul on Manu was not called, a foul on Danny Green was not called. There are absolutely no shockers, disappointments, or storylines to write about after Game 6. Games are 48 minutes long until one team scores more points.

It's more about what the Spurs didn't do, than what the Heat did do. The Heat just made some shots at the right times, within the 48 minutes of the game. Nothing more, nothing less. There are no big developments to write about after Game 6. It's not about Ray Allen making a shot in the closing moments of regulation. Three points is three points. For all know, that hobo Mike Miller's three could have been the shot that won the game, not Allen's. It's not about Lebron's headband, which is a desperate attempt by the media to find something interesting to write about that charisma lacking Heat team. Bird's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, and Jordan's Bulls these guys are not. Completely bland, dull, and boring are the Heat that the media have to write about a headband. No leadership, no substance. These guys do not have a championship spirit.

In Game 7, the Spurs will go out there and do what they're supposed to do. No heroics. No storylines. No media hype. Just a regular basketball game. All they will go and do is make their shots that they're supposed to make. No stories about losing a shoe or headbands. No turning against each other. No crying over fouls. Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Gary Neal are a superstar trio compared to Wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

BobaFett1
06-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Man I hope Crawford is not ref for game 7.

Calispursfan11
06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
I see a lot of complaining/disappointed Spurs fans on this forum. Games are 48 minutes long. ESPN will try to make a storyline out of Ray Allen's three pointer, but that's just an overhyped shot to make for a good front page story, just like LeBron's block on Tiago earlier in the series. The fact is, any shots made within the 48 minutes of a game only count for one (if a free throw), two, or three points. Whether Ray Allen's three was made with 5 seconds left or made within the first minute of the first quarter, it's only three points. As I said after Game 4, no one expected the Heat to lay down and let the Spurs win. The Heat however, did get some help from the Spurs. Manu and Kawhi missed some crucial free throws. A foul on Manu was not called, a foul on Danny Green was not called. There are absolutely no shockers, disappointments, or storylines to write about after Game 6. Games are 48 minutes long until one team scores more points.

It's more about what the Spurs didn't do, than what the Heat did do. The Heat just made some shots at the right times, within the 48 minutes of the game. Nothing more, nothing less. There are no big developments to write about after Game 6. It's not about Ray Allen making a shot in the closing moments of regulation. Three points is three points. For all know, that hobo Mike Miller's three could have been the shot that won the game, not Allen's. It's not about Lebron's headband, which is a desperate attempt by the media to find something interesting to write about that charisma lacking Heat team. Bird's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, and Jordan's Bulls these guys are not. Completely bland, dull, and boring are the Heat that the media have to write about a headband. No leadership, no substance. These guys do not have a championship spirit.

In Game 7, the Spurs will go out there and do what they're supposed to do. No heroics. No storylines. No media hype. Just a regular basketball game. All they will go and do is make their shots that they're supposed to make. No stories about losing a shoe or headbands. No turning against each other. No crying over fouls. Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Gary Neal are a superstar trio compared to Wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

I believe. Thanks for the great post.

Baron Davιs
06-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Yall r fucked, tbh.

KoolAid Mans Brother
06-19-2013, 03:55 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/130323manuamamov-2422479.jpeg