PDA

View Full Version : Duncan: "Tomorrow when that ball goes up well all be ready"

deibero
06-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Timmy took all the team to dinner after the game: "We know the opportunity we let slip through our fingers. We're not going to dwell on that." "We just want to get to the game ... We like our chances."

Anyways, Listen to your leader people and stop with calling your team done. I said it in many threads, the spurs figured something out with Diaw in Game 5, and it carried for a good portion of Game 6. If we clean up some stupid mistakes and execute better down the stretch instead of running isos we should win by double digits.

EVAY
06-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Yessssssssssssss!

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 12:53 PM
What's he supposed to say, "This thing's over. We're done."..?

SenorSpur
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
That's my boy TD! That, my friends, is what a true leader says and does. Hell, Tim came out of the box in Game 6 demonstration a level of determination and will that was undeniable. I expect the same from him on Thursday.

Pocket Hippo
06-19-2013, 12:56 PM
:ihit It isn't over yet!! :ihit

deibero
06-19-2013, 12:57 PM

have you seen the crazy shit manu has been saying since last night???

from today: "We've been through a lot of stuff, nothing like this."
"We can't be crying about what happened yesterday. ... Life goes on."
"Still down. After a blow like that, it's not easy to get back up."

SO YEAH, GOOD TO HEAR DUNCAN IS FINE!

The Reckoning
06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Duncan to Kawhi

http://youtu.be/lNQrBQ6uVsE

series = over

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Oh man - the quotes coming out of the Spurs today have made me feel much better about our chances.

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
It's too bad he was let down by virtually all of his teammates and coach except Kawhi and Diaw, but he will be ready.

timtonymanu
06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
If one team can bounce back from that, it's the Spurs. They didn't come this far to become mentally fragile.

Robz4000
06-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Count on Tim Duncan tbh. Guy is God.

Mr Bones
Take note, fair weather fans, drama queens, and those calling for people to be fired/traded/etc, of the difference between Tim Duncan and yourselves.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Oh man - the quotes coming out of the Spurs today have made me feel much better about our chances.

Manu still sounding depressed to all heck though.

davidbowie
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
we are going to blow them out by 25+

i truly believe this

all big three will show up

t mac will get a bucket

all these feeling right now will be a distant memory

deibero
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
NOW LISTEN TO TP:
"If you told us we'd be tied 3-3 with chance to win a title, we'd sign it. We just have to be positive and forget Game 6."
"It's a great challenge. We know we can beat them here."
Parker said last night’s loss is no different from a blowout. Said these players aren’t affected by a loss like that.
"if you're not ready tomorrow you're going to regret it for the next 10-15 years."

rogues
06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
:lol false hope..

Salty
06-19-2013, 01:05 PM

:lol front running faggot :lol

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 01:11 PM

Honestly, if you guys can't beat our old gimpy team with the big three you have-EPIC FAIL:lol
I like our chances. Miami celebrating like they won the ship already. Keep on telling yourselves it's over and you've already won.

phxspurfan
06-19-2013, 01:11 PM
"if you're not ready tomorrow you're going to regret it for the next 10-15 years."

That part is very true. I hope all of the Spurs that are playing tomorrow see that. Regardless of the bullshit that went on during game 6, the Spurs still have a shot on Thursday. To throw it all away would make them all regret it later.

Humberto
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
http://replygif.net/i/448

smaka
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM

:lol bandwagon
:lol not 1, not 2, not 3...
:lol Miami fans chanting "refs you suck"
:lol Heat

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a lot of nervous bravado around here. It goes with out saying(but I'll say it anyway), a Spurs loss Thursday would be devastating. Might have to blow the team up.

urunobili
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM

couldn't have said it better. We won't go down without a fight :ihit

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I found this quote from Tim to be more interesting, in regard to the team dinner: "...guys exchanged whatever thoughts they had"

I took that to mean Tim told Manu, Tony and Pop, "I just went for 30 and 17, and you all fucked it up."

CitizenDwayne
06-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a lot of nervous bravado around here. It goes with out saying(but I'll say it anyway), a Spurs loss Thursday would be devastating. Might have to blow the team up.

Yep. Blow the team up after a Finals loss. Sounds right. Thank you for your insight.

SA210
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Was Pop at this dinner?

Way to go Tim, we all know Pop robbed you last night. Go get your ring.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM

It is probably the last chance anyway..

Duncan is not a kid..

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Take note, fair weather fans, drama queens, and those calling for people to be fired/traded/etc, of the difference between Tim Duncan and yourselves.

:toast

Mugen
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I have no doubt that Duncan shows up in Game 7 and gives everything he's got.

However, I doubt that Parker, Manu, Pop, etc. will do the same.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Timmy took all the team to dinner after the game: "We know the opportunity we let slip through our fingers. We're not going to dwell on that." "We just want to get to the game ... We like our chances."

Anyways, Listen to your leader people and stop with calling your team done. I said it in many threads, the spurs figured something out with Diaw in Game 5, and it carried for a good portion of Game 6. If we clean up some stupid mistakes and execute better down the stretch instead of running isos we should win by double digits.

Can you link to the article?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Tim proving how much of a legend he is! We all love Parker, and through the years we've loved Manu and Pop too, but Duncan has always been the face of the franchise, hell he is the franchise! Regardless of what happens, this will not ruin the lasting image we have of Duncan. We will always remember him as the legend he is. Anyone who doesn't trust Duncan isn't a true Spurs fan. Compared to Duncan, screw Parker, Manu, and Pop. Duncan has always been our man and will always be! In Duncan we trust! I believe now! GO SPURS GO!!!

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Yep. Blow the team up after a Finals loss. Sounds right. Thank you for your insight.
The fact that they couldn't finish Tuesday and a loss tomorrow would just prove what everyone suspects. Your Big Three are well past their prime and don't have the stamina to git'r done. Now they could prove me wrong and indeed prevail, but as of this moment, I'll bet the farm on Miami.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Your nothing but a band wagon fan. :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2013, 01:48 PM

How fucking stupid can you be? The core of our team (less Manu) is pretty much locked up for the next two years. Spurs aren't blowing anything up.

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 01:51 PM
How fucking stupid can you be? The core of our team (less Manu) is pretty much locked up for the next two years. Spurs aren't blowing anything up.

Fiddle away Nero.

Tp9gospursgo
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
This is what the finals are all about. The best team to win 4 out of 7. This is where our true colors will show!!! GSG!!!

SpursDynasty21
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Please win, Spurs!

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 02:11 PM

Manu sounds like he might be done.

I think Pop will be ok, and I think Tony will show up to play. Kawhi seems utterly unfazed by anything. I really, really hope Danny has one more game in him too, because a few more clutch long balls would make a world of difference.

TDfan2007
06-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Timmy will give it everything he has and play well. I'm more worried about Manu and Parker

look_at_g_shred
06-19-2013, 02:12 PM
What's funny is that Miami has no way of beating us unless we beat ourselves, or give them the game a la last night.

Agloco
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM

As long as he doesn't believe that in his heart we're good.

Perry Mason
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Long time lurker first time poster.

Boobie4free -- what a clown post you made. Spurs are fractions of inches from taking out Miami and you liken that to Nero fiddling while Rome is burning?

Lebron showed great respect to the Spurs and their excellence after the win last night and sounded like Tim Duncan more than Lebron James. I suggest you show appropriate respect too.

SpursDynasty21
06-19-2013, 02:14 PM
The Spurs have to make their shots, limit turnovers, and play solid defense.

elbamba
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM

Were you one of the fans that left the game early only to not be allowed in when they came back?

Agloco
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM
I found this quote from Tim to be more interesting, in regard to the team dinner: "...guys exchanged whatever thoughts they had"

I took that to mean Tim told Manu, Tony and Pop, "I just went for 30 and 17, and you all fucked it up."

:lol

gameFACE
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
No link, no cred.....

TheyCallMePro
06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
I really thought Tim and Tony sounded confident today. And Manu acknowledged last night that the team didn't play particularly well and can play much better.

This team is VERY mature. Danny Green is going to be looking for redemption. Kawhi is a stoic. He's not going to be fazed. You could see that in OT last night where he nearly won it for us.

After listening to Tim and Tony and Manu from last night, I really do feel were going to win tomorrow guys. Remember, the Heat havn't won 2 straight in 7 straight games. We've got this. I FEEL IT.

AntiChrist
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM

lol @ faggot Miami fans who leave the game early and want back in the stadium. Just like you new posters who suddenly feel like talking shit. :lmao

temujin
06-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Basketball Gods gave it to the Spurs.
They threw it away.

Basketball Gods take note.

What they say is soooo irrelevant.

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Like what shaq says, If the general doesnt panic, the troops wont panic

ducks
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
tp said they had dinners and talked about their most dissapointing games they palyed in
they are so ready

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Duncan will show up, Tony will show up.. my hope is that Manu either doesn't make it on that bus or he comes to score not pass the ball. He's a turnover machine when he thinks he has someone open and they never are. Everyone else will fall in line when the guys hit the floor, Danny and Kawhi will be ready to go when they get the ball in there hands. Short leash on Manu though, turnovers start happening and we gotta go Gary Neal/Diaw something.. anything else. Let's just hope that Pop doesn't manage minutes in this game, can't afford to be sitting anyone for any amount of time unless its 30 seconds from the 1st to 2nd, and 3rd to 4th

mercos
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
The Spurs are professionals. They don't dwell on bad games. The only concern going forward is fatigue. Game 7 will be the third game in five nights. However, Miami expended even more energy than San Antonio in game 6 in order to make that comeback. LBJ and Dwyane Wade are both roughly the same age as Parker. Wade's knee was also swollen. I expect two champions to duke it out on Thursday and leave everything on the court. Should be a great game.

Spursfanfromafar
06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/19/spurs-feast-on-game-7-opportunity/

I feel like chanting that Seven Nation Army thing now :) Except its overrated and the Heat fans have abused it.

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Long time lurker first time poster.

Boobie4free -- what a clown post you made. Spurs are fractions of inches from taking out Miami and you liken that to Nero fiddling while Rome is burning?

Lebron showed great respect to the Spurs and their excellence after the win last night and sounded like Tim Duncan more than Lebron James. I suggest you show appropriate respect too.

First of all, it's Boobie4three, but maybe you just pronounce it free. Some do you know. Secondly, the Nero analogy was in reference to the general attitude here that everything is hunky dory with the Spurs and Tuesday's letdown was just an anomaly. I'm betting the Spurs players themselves aren't living in such a dreamworld. They knew full well they HAD to finish off the Heat last night. They COULD'NT let them get off the mat, but that's what they did, and consequently, there won't be any celebration in Spurville Thursday night.:(

TampaDude
06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
What's funny is that Miami has no way of beating us unless we beat ourselves, or give them the game a la last night.

^ this, tbh

I expect the Spurs to come out and DOMINATE Game 7. Timmy wants his 5th ring, and NOBODY is gonna stop him from getting it! :hat

MannyIsGod
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Manu still sounding depressed to all heck though.

Yeah but whats he going to do? Play worse?

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Why are they going out for dinner at 1-2am? ...and going by previous dinners and their photos, Id guess Parker wasn't even there:(

UZER
06-19-2013, 03:20 PM

:lol I would think not, but I wouldn't be surprised with this Manu.

UZER
06-19-2013, 03:20 PM

:lol I would think not, but I wouldn't be surprised with this Manu.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Hopefully they give him a few post touches in the 2nd half tomorrow, tbh:lol..

crc21209
06-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Hopefully they give him a few post touches in the 2nd half tomorrow, tbh:lol..

This. After the first half he had, he should've gotten the ball in the post at least 5 times at the beginning of the 3rd qtr. They should've gone to him when nothing else was going right...

SpurYank
06-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I expected no less from TD. As with a handfu lof Spurs fans who post here, it is what all of us who have faith in our Spurs want to hear. The majority, the hating cry babies, are probably thinking "Oh sure, it's easy to say."

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM

Well, that's what Manu basically said after the game. I hope TD slapped him around and brought him to his senses at that dinner.

FkLA
06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Rumor has it that Ginobili was not invited to the dinner.

Poolboy5623
06-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Well, that's what Manu basically said after the game. I hope TD slapped him around and brought him to his senses at that dinner.

Actually, I just hope Ginobili plays 10-15min in game 7..and Diaw plays the rest.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Rumor has it that Ginobili was not invited to the dinner.

Link to this rumor?

Kobulingam
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
McDonalds drive thru at 2am?.

spurtech09
06-19-2013, 03:42 PM
I have a feeling the spurs are going to run Miami heat over...yes spurs had a chance Tuesday but I can see the spurs playing like crazy with anger.....knowing the spurs there not going to lose 2 in a row.....

tmtcsc
06-19-2013, 03:44 PM
We are going to win Game 7 tomorrow because we are the better team. We've been the better team all through this series. I'm looking forward to the game. Last night's game sucked to high hell and I was pissed off and sad all night. But the sun came up and I realized we still had another chance. Right now, Miami is thanking their lucky stars there is a game 7. We're looking to finish this thing on top. Fuck the Heat.

easjer
06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I just said it elsewhere. Yeah, the stats show . . . blah blah, heartbreaking defeat . . . blah blah, how do they come back, fatigue, etc etc. I know.

But Tim Duncan tasted defeat at the Finals level last night. If you think he doesn't want to wash that taste out with champagne while hugging the LOB, you're insane. Timmy D is going to show up in a big, big way. I can't guarantee his shots will fall, or that ball movement will happen or that the refs won't screw them over or that the building won't collapse from the irony of Heat fans chanting 'refs suck' . . . but I can guarantee that Tim Duncan will play his motherfucking heart out because he wants it bad.

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
The fact that they couldn't finish Tuesday and a loss tomorrow would just prove what everyone suspects. Your Big Three are well past their prime and don't have the stamina to git'r done. Now they could prove me wrong and indeed prevail, but as of this moment, I'll bet the farm on Miami.

An aging core centered around 37 year old Duncan gets unceremoniously bounced from the 2012 playoffs after flirting with invincibility, after posting the league's best record in 2011, after two down years, after taking their 2007 title defense to the WCF against eventual champion Lakers, after winning the 2007 title against Lebron's hapless Cavs, after a monstrous 2006 series against eventual champion Dallas where Duncan played out of his mind in Game 7, after defeating defending champion Detroit for the 2005 title, after a tough loss on a once-in-a-lifetime shot from Fisher and the eventual champion Lakers, after winning the 2003 title. After 9 years of that, and years of being written off as incapable of competing, after the youthful Thunder took the Western throne, they're about to play Game 7 of the Finals against the Heat. Your suggestion holds no water, please leave, thanks for your contributions.

boobie4three
06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
An aging core centered around 37 year old Duncan gets unceremoniously bounced from the 2012 playoffs after flirting with invincibility, after posting the league's best record in 2011, after two down years, after taking their 2007 title defense to the WCF against eventual champion Lakers, after winning the 2007 title against Lebron's hapless Cavs, after a monstrous 2006 series against eventual champion Dallas where Duncan played out of his mind in Game 7, after defeating defending champion Detroit for the 2005 title, after a tough loss on a once-in-a-lifetime shot from Fisher and the eventual champion Lakers, after winning the 2003 title. After 9 years of that, and years of being written off as incapable of competing, after the youthful Thunder took the Western throne, they're about to play Game 7 of the Finals against the Heat. Your suggestion holds no water, please leave, thanks for your contributions.

I'll stop by tomorrow after the game to offer my much appreciated condolences.

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll stop by tomorrow after the game to offer my much appreciated condolences.

I hope between now and then you manage to find something slightly better to do with your day.

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 04:09 PM
If theres anyone I can believe in its Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard.

the rest of the Limp 3 can suck a dick after that shitty ass performance last night.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-19-2013, 04:17 PM
The Spurs will bring it all tomorrow. I expect they will still win!

elbamba
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/06/19/spurs-attempt-to-pick-up-the-pieces-after-game-6-collapse/

Did not see the link to the article but here it is.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
We are going to win Game 7 tomorrow because we are the better team. We've been the better team all through this series. I'm looking forward to the game. Last night's game sucked to high hell and I was pissed off and sad all night. But the sun came up and I realized we still had another chance. Right now, Miami is thanking their lucky stars there is a game 7. We're looking to finish this thing on top. Fuck the Heat.

I'm feeling more confident about it. Winning a game 7 on the Heat's court would be simply unbelievable.

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM

Lmao... So what? Spurs, whether old or not, are still better than your team will ever be, gimpy legs and all. Last time i checked, They are currently in the finals, game 7. Now go back to your scrub team. Face palm...

HemisfairArena
06-19-2013, 04:44 PM
This is why I love Tim Duncan. Best to ever play the game IMO> He was over the game and moving on quicker than 99% of the posters on here. Man up, shut up and play is his message.

angelbelow
06-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing that.

lefty
06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
:pop:

" I didnt allow Tim to say such things; I still believe in my system and I will rest my best players for 47 minutes, so they will be fresh for that 1 final minute "

Man In Black
06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Was one of these guys:
_h1bt30Y6jw

And one of these guys:

"For all those [fans] who left, make sure you don't come to Game 7,"

Ryan Fitzpatrick
06-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Duncan needs this. He can't go home empty-handed to an empty bed with sheets that are encrusted with another mans semen.

He deserves better.

DawgMilkX
06-19-2013, 05:28 PM
If everyone shows up the Spurs will win without a doubt. Even after Lebron had a big 4th QTR he still almost gave the game away with 2TO's and the Spurs went up because of them. If we get 1 Rebound Spurs win or make 1 more FT Spurs win. This with only Duncan and Leonard showing up 2 play. Still don't know why they went away from Duncan in the 2nd half. I have a good feeling Spurs win game 7. Everyone is doubting them again and thats when they really show up. They were counted out this whole Playoffs so to top it off with a Game 7 win on the Road would be icing on the cake. They know this is probably the last chance and I expect Manu to actually show up for the Spurs this game. Just gotta Believe! GO SPURS GO!!!!!!:lobt2:

polandprzem
06-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Was one of these guys:
_h1bt30Y6jw

And one of these guys:

What a moron fans

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 05:42 PM
The Spurs have to make their shots, limit turnovers, and play solid defense.

So the need to not play Ginobili, not play Ginobili, and not play Ginobili. solid take tbh.

TampaDude
06-19-2013, 06:09 PM

Good post, except the fact that the Pistons won the title in 2004, not the Lakers.

rascal
06-19-2013, 07:12 PM
^ this, tbh

I expect the Spurs to come out and DOMINATE Game 7. Timmy wants his 5th ring, and NOBODY is gonna stop him from getting it! :hat

And you said the Spurs would win game 6.

TampaDude
06-19-2013, 07:17 PM

Yup...and as it turns out, I was wrong about that. The Spurs will win Game 7, though, just like you predicted. Unless, of course, they lose...then we're both wrong. Oh, well.

Yuixafun
06-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Man I caught this interview... and the words sound good, but man Duncan seemed so thin and frail, like he was caved in.

And Parker looked like he aged 10 years.

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Screw the Heat, we're going to make them PAY tomorrow. Mark. My. Words.

lefty
06-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Yup...and as it turns out, I was wrong about that. The Spurs will win Game 7, though, just like you predicted. Unless, of course, they lose...then we're both wrong. Oh, well.
You werent wrong

You were ALMOST right TBH

Damn .... I was celebrating .... and then :cry

Chinook
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
To me, this was like Game 5 against Memphis (there's only been one of those, so you all know what I mean). The Spurs managed to come back at the last second and steal it in overtime, but even they knew they weren't really a threat to win the series. Just because a team has a deflating loss does not put them at a huge disadvantage for the next game. The Spurs showed that they could dominate a "motivated" Miami, and they saw every little adjustment Spoelstra could possibly make to slow them down. Now, Pop can make his last adjustments.

I expect Duncan to have another good game, he didn't seem too tired, so I don't think the tank is empty yet. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a triple-double, since Miami knows they can't stop him one-on-one anymore. So long as Pop makes sure the shooters are ready, it should be fine.

The biggest concerns are making sure Parker's good to go and that someone steps up from beyond the three-point line other than Green. If Danny is the only player the Heat chose not to double off of, then the other guys have to make them pay. A Game 3--like performance from Neal or a Game 5--like performance from Ginobili could be the difference.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
You werent wrong

You were ALMOST right TBH

Damn .... I was celebrating .... and then :cry

We were all celebrating... what Spurs fan wasn't?

Budkin
06-19-2013, 07:56 PM
To me, this was like Game 5 against Memphis (there's only been one of those, so you all know what I mean). The Spurs managed to come back at the last second and steal it in overtime, but even they knew they weren't really a threat to win the series. Just because a team has a deflating loss does not put them at a huge disadvantage for the next game. The Spurs showed that they could dominate a "motivated" Miami, and they saw every little adjustment Spoelstra could possibly make to slow them down. Now, Pop can make his last adjustments.

I expect Duncan to have another good game, he didn't seem too tired, so I don't think the tank is empty yet. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a triple-double, since Miami knows they can't stop him one-on-one anymore. So long as Pop makes sure the shooters are ready, it should be fine.

The biggest concerns are making sure Parker's good to go and that someone steps up from beyond the three-point line other than Green. If Danny is the only player the Heat chose not to double off of, then the other guys have to make them pay. A Game 3--like performance from Neal or a Game 5--like performance from Ginobili could be the difference.

TP needs to drive more. If LeBron is on him he needs to give the ball up and run him through screens.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 07:59 PM

Well, you said the Lakers would be playing tomorrow... in absolute levels of fail, you lead by a wide margin,tbh...

Chinook
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
TP needs to drive more. If LeBron is on him he needs to give the ball up and run him through screens.

That forces switches, which isn't a bad thing. To be honest, I have no idea why the Spurs go iso when Lebron is on Parker. If anything, doing a PnR with Duncan then forces a trap with Bosh and James on Tony, which takes away any rim protection at all.

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Good post, except the fact that the Pistons won the title in 2004, not the Lakers.

Good catch, didn't even notice.

Proxy
06-19-2013, 08:31 PM

Jeez man... if we lived in your pessimistic world, Spurs would be drafting Sam Bowie every year. Parker, Manu, and Pop will show up.

rascal
06-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Well, you said the Lakers would be playing tomorrow... in absolute levels of fail, you lead by a wide margin,tbh...

Absolutely not. Without Kobe I said the spurs would sweep them.

look_at_g_shred
06-19-2013, 09:07 PM
24 Hours from now...all our nerves will be pretty much fucked lol. I believe in my Spurs!

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 09:25 PM
fear not Spurs fans!! The heat simply did us a favor and rescheduled the championship celebration on thursday!!

no but seriously fuck those guys, i want the face of every heat fan to squirm and cover their mouths and leave early like they were in game 6. we will win in their house, AND DAMMIT THE 2013 CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER WILL RISE AT THE AT&T CENTER

Budkin
06-19-2013, 09:57 PM
24 Hours from now...all our nerves will be pretty much fucked lol. I believe in my Spurs!

I feel like dead man walking already so I don't think I'll be as nervous as last night.

CGD
06-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Don't underestimate the "last chance" factor the big three will have tomorrow. Also Miami is treating game 6 as if they won the whole damn thing. Not saying the spurs will win, but folks are crowning the heat way too early.

Nut up!

ezau
06-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Told ya'll motherfuckers our team is riled up for Game 7. I won't be surprised if they're already pissed off at the moment.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Absolutely not. Without Kobe I said the spurs would sweep them.

Kobe doesn't matter, more fail...

ezau
06-19-2013, 10:48 PM

Celtics won in 08.

Twenty1Lik3aBoss
06-19-2013, 10:55 PM
believe in what we have, and what we can give, were gonna give it everything we have and bring the best--regardless of what some may see--heat fans are lame--all they can do is leave halfway and return halfway, not real. Duncan is the greatest of all time, so to shall he be always--win or lose hes incredibly awesome and nobody can take that away from him---EVER.

Few Notes: Spurs are 4-0 after a loss, and the way the series has gone it's got a trend, nobody has won 2 games in a row and you would think Miami is the most pressured to win because their the ones who have to win back to back, but the spurs know this is their time to finish it "You delay my prize; once it's not gonna happen again!" I can see Duncan extremely motivated for game 7--as for other stats--leave it on the table... bring it all for it all, whatever happens we stand united.... and always know were not HEAT BANDWAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank you.

baseline bum
06-19-2013, 11:13 PM

Remember when we thought that after Game 4?

HI-FI
06-19-2013, 11:16 PM
great read. Duncan is a special type of player/competitor/leader. I love his quotes about putting their feelings out in the open. They probably drank a lot but I imagine it was a therapeutic time. It definitely gives me more resolve.

Seefourdc
06-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Manu's spirit is totally defeated. That's the reason the spurs will lose tomorrow. Manu is the only person who can create dribble penetration when Parker is being guarded by James. In quarters 3 and 4 when Duncan has no legs left and Parker is guarded by Bron there are no legit scoring options. The Heat just leaving a man on Green makes him useless on the offensive end because he can only do one thing. I just hope it will be a good game at this point because the Spurs scorers are beat down and tired.

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 11:31 PM
how about tmac. lol.

Trifecta
06-20-2013, 12:28 AM

Word!!!!

BackHome
06-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Hell we going to win just look at the Heat vs Ind..every game was a win-loose-win-loose etc....the same for us except we beat there ass the first game so they won last night we will win tomm..

BackHome
06-20-2013, 12:40 AM
believe in what we have, and what we can give, were gonna give it everything we have and bring the best--regardless of what some may see--heat fans are lame--all they can do is leave halfway and return halfway, not real. Duncan is the greatest of all time, so to shall he be always--win or lose hes incredibly awesome and nobody can take that away from him---EVER.

Few Notes: Spurs are 4-0 after a loss, and the way the series has gone it's got a trend, nobody has won 2 games in a row and you would think Miami is the most pressured to win because their the ones who have to win back to back, but the spurs know this is their time to finish it "You delay my prize; once it's not gonna happen again!" I can see Duncan extremely motivated for game 7--as for other stats--leave it on the table... bring it all for it all, whatever happens we stand united.... and always know were not HEAT BANDWAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank you.

+ The Heat went seven with Ind and they did the same thing win-loss-win-loss.etc.........

ElNono
06-20-2013, 12:55 AM

Remember when we thought that after Game 4?

I guess Manny now knows why I said he played ok in Game 4 :lol

tbh, I don't even know where's the absolute bottom these days... those 8 TOs certainly looked like it.

I just hope he doesn't end the season with an absolute massive epic shitfest... because Pop will play him, and I want the Spurs to pull the upset.

Sean Cagney
06-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Manu's spirit is totally defeated. That's the reason the spurs will lose tomorrow. Manu is the only person who can create dribble penetration when Parker is being guarded by James. In quarters 3 and 4 when Duncan has no legs left and Parker is guarded by Bron there are no legit scoring options. The Heat just leaving a man on Green makes him useless on the offensive end because he can only do one thing. I just hope it will be a good game at this point because the Spurs scorers are beat down and tired.
If his spirit is totally defeated he is not a strong minded player and mentally weak with a game 7 coming up! I refuse to believe he checked out and is mentally defeated, if that is true he is scared and soft mentally! PERIOD! I hope thats not the case as he is known to me as a Olympic champ and NBA champ and rose to the occasion alot!

Ice009
06-20-2013, 01:18 AM
If his spirit is totally defeated he is not a strong minded player and mentally weak with a game 7 coming up! I refuse to believe he checked out and is mentally defeated, if that is true he is scared and soft mentally! PERIOD! I hope thats not the case as he is known to me as a Olympic champ and NBA champ and rose to the occasion alot!

Manu WILL BRING IT.

Sean Cagney
06-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Manu WILL BRING IT.

Get in chat now if you can man!
I will talk for a few.

rascal
06-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Kobe doesn't matter, more fail...

Kobe has finished off the spurs many times.

Spur|n|Austin
06-20-2013, 09:13 AM
http://replygif.net/i/448

This made me :lol

milkyway21
06-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Duncan, Kawhi, TP, Diaw after his operation, Manu & Splitter being healthy is already a plus - thing giving us hope.

beallionaire
06-20-2013, 10:25 AM

dont know why you're even bothering with Kobe tbh

ElNono
06-20-2013, 10:55 AM

can he walk yet? crofl

tlongII
06-20-2013, 10:59 AM
I read that the Spurs practice was like a morgue yesterday so I'm not buying these quotes.

Mugen
06-20-2013, 11:01 AM
I read that the Spurs practice was like a morgue yesterday so I'm not buying these quotes.

As someone near death as well, how do you stave off the Grim Reaper each and every morning tlong?

Bill_Brasky
06-20-2013, 11:05 AM
TD in the press conference handled it very well. He's keeping his mental edge. He won't let this thing slip away. We need the others to follow.

rascal
06-20-2013, 11:21 AM

I went back and saw you originally said the Spurs in 5. If I go back and look I will probably see the Spurs in 4 somewhere from you. I take it that you think the Spurs will win everytime they take the court.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-20-2013, 12:18 PM

He will be ready. The Spurs have been superb thus far this season playoffs coming back from losses.

Alot of you guys already have this was the one that got away. There is still ONE MORE GAME TO BE PLAYED. And Duncan and Co., believe me are going to play it.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-20-2013, 01:17 PM
The Captain is righting the ship for the championship. Yes...

tlongII
06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
As someone near death as well, how do you stave off the Grim Reaper each and every morning tlong?

Every day is a blessing my friend.

look_at_g_shred
05-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Hopefully they are.

Oh, Gee!!
05-28-2014, 01:53 PM
jinx or reverse-jinx thread?