PDA

View Full Version : Nobody: I guarantee 100% we will win game 7

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Found it via twitter from an interviewer. I'll try to post the video if I can find it.

Agloco
06-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Calling BS on this right now.

Blake
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
I guarantee 100% OP is an idiot

06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Not sure if "we" means the Spurs or the Heat.

Ginobili spent the entire game laying daggers in the Spurs backs and passing the ball to the Heat. And then later comes out in front of the media saying the Spurs are sapped of energy and devastated, demoralizing them even more.

Beaverfuzz
06-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Ban this clown.

jiggy_55
BS. He did not say it. In fact, Manu's comments were the most "down" comments from all Spurs players. Everyone else seemed ready to move but Manu seemed hurt. Hope that hurt turns into an epic game from him, we'll need it one more time to lift the trophy.

MeloHype
Fuck manu

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Not sure if "we" means the Spurs or the Heat.
Ginobili spent the entire game laying daggers in the Spurs backs and passing the ball to the Heat. And then later comes out in front of the media saying the Spurs are sapped of energy and devastated, demoralizing them even more.This.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1017225_206720286147357_207694545_n.jpg

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Lol I seriously doubt Manu went from saying that he's, "devastated and doesn't know how they can re-energize" to guaranteeing a win in Game 7.. The Spurs realistically have about a 35% chance of winning this game. That's just the facts.

davidbowie
06-19-2013, 02:18 PM
great thread

playblair
06-19-2013, 02:19 PM

ElNono
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Manu will be the toughest with himself. He always is. But he doesn't do guarantees. OP is full of it, tbh...

King
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Lol I seriously doubt Manu went from saying that he's, "devastated and doesn't know how they can re-energize" to guaranteeing a win in Game 7.. The Spurs realistically have about a 35% chance of winning this game. That's just the facts.

I'm not sure that you know what the words "facts" or "chance" mean.

BatManu20
06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure that you know what the words "facts" or "chance" mean.

I'm basing this off of historical %'s but yes that was a poor and lazy use of the word "facts."

marinoman
06-19-2013, 02:24 PM
no way he made that claim, even if he did it wouldn't reassure me, he'd prolly be more aggressive and make more turnovers

I love Manu but.........I dont even

mudyez
06-19-2013, 02:27 PM
First of all, as Manu showed in game5, he is the type of guy that doesn't let something like game4/6 sit on him. After game6 he might have been down but I bet, that he doesn't look like this come game7.

On the other hand I'm not sure thats a great thing, as he might just lay another 8 TOs and take bad shots while trying to bail himself out.

Manu, I love you man! Just keep your head in the game!

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
You will see a lot of Manu time in Game 7 - I'm pretty sure they are talking about helping Manu be Manu again in practice right now

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
He needs to shoot the ball, 2-5 shooting shows he was trying to pass the ball all night long and look how that turned out.. Short leash, if he isn't attacking and makes a turnover then yank him.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
You will see a lot of Manu time in Game 7 - I'm pretty sure they are talking about helping Manu be Manu again in practice right now
One can only hope he has one left in him! Even then others need to show up! Parker you as well! Our threes need to fall as well! Nothing more to say really now except keep up hope and hope the team flat out shows up for game 7 tomorrow night.

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Not only is this too ridiculous a turnaround from his comments last night, but it's not in the Spurs' nature to guarantee anything other than their desire to compete. Pop's players make no promises aside from giving everything they have for 48 minutes, and what happens in those 48 minutes happens. Nobody within the Spurs organization guarantees a victory, especially in Game 7 of the Finals on the road.

As much as Manu's degradation has infuriated fans, and as much as he contributed to the Spurs' inability to close out Game 6, he's shown over his career that he's the best kind of competitor. He has sucked night in and night out and has made the kind of mistakes that have cost the Spurs victories but he has not once quit trying. He's not the only one to do so, but he showed in Game 5 that he can will himself to play great ball when it's needed. I know that statistically he's been a bane on the Spurs more often than he's been an All-Star, but this is Game 7 of the Finals, the absolute last game of the season. There's no planning for the next game, there is only empty what's left of the tank and throw everything you have at the Heat. Ginobili will come to play, let's just hope he actually competes for the right team this time.

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Not only is this too ridiculous a turnaround from his comments last night, but it's not in the Spurs' nature to guarantee anything other than their desire to compete. Pop's players make no promises aside from giving everything they have for 48 minutes, and what happens in those 48 minutes happens. Nobody within the Spurs organization guarantees a victory, especially in Game 7 of the Finals on the road.

As much as Manu's degradation has infuriated fans, and as much as he contributed to the Spurs' inability to close out Game 6, he's shown over his career that he's the best kind of competitor. He has sucked night in and night out and has made the kind of mistakes that have cost the Spurs victories but he has not once quit trying. He's not the only one to do so, but he showed in Game 5 that he can will himself to play great ball when it's needed. I know that statistically he's been a bane on the Spurs more often than he's been an All-Star, but this is Game 7 of the Finals, the absolute last game of the season. There's no planning for the next game, there is only empty what's left of the tank and throw everything you have at the Heat. Ginobili will come to play, let's just hope he actually competes for the right team this time.

2-5 shooting shows little to no effort out there, leaving shooters open doesn't show effort and 8 turnovers doesn't show the right kind of effort. Unless he's driving and shooting he's useless.

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 03:00 PM
as much as i love manu, i don't see him doing another game 5 performance. but he needs to focus on his shot. hes still an effective shooter and if we can get that that is still great. all the crazy stuff hes been doing his entire career needs to stop for game 7, because its hurting us more than helping.

AntiChrist
06-19-2013, 03:00 PM
lol, mods changed the thread title

AntiChrist
06-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Wish mods could fix my DarrinS acct, so I could quit using this troll.

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Ban this clown.

Beaverfuzz
06-19-2013, 11:31 PM
©