PDA

View Full Version : I am still devastated and can't shake it

50 cent
06-19-2013, 04:32 PM
I couldn't sleep last night and I have been down in the dumps all day today. I have no confidence that we can comeback and win Game 7 after that. I seriously feel as though a close family member died. :depressed

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
It's a fucking basketball game...

Darius McCrary
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
I feel ya.

Creation88
06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
i couldn't sleep last night, i was pissed this morning, but i'm over it. time to nut up and play ball.

ohmwrecker
06-19-2013, 04:36 PM
You should schedule an appointment with your obgyn and get that checked out.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Countless terrible coaching decisions.
Not the least of them is playing Manu way too many fucking minutes. We were up by at least 10 when Manu came in and pissed it away. It was so obvious that Miami was licking their chops when Manu was in and trapping him so that he would make a ridiculous pass that they could pick off. What's that, Pop? Parker was tired? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!!! There is no tomorrow; it's a must win game! YOU HAVE LESS THAN A 1% CHANCE OF WINNING A GAME 7 IN MIAMI, you dumb POS.
Don't even get me started on pulling Duncan not once, but twice in critical situations. You know they are going to get one good look at the shot. You know this because, if you are half a coach, you will have told your guys NOT TO FUCKING FOUL. Your best hope is that they brick the shot and you get the rebound. Fuck, if only we had a consensus first fucking ballot Hall of Famer at power forward on our team who's, like, really fucking good at rebounds. Oh, wait! We do, and his fucking name is Tim Duncan. Too bad he's RIDING THE FUCKING PINE with the game on the line.
The Spurs were killing it with Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw, and Duncan, and Pop blows up the lineup down the stretch to put in Turnobili, Tiago "Stone Hand, Pussy Feet" Splitter, and Gary Neal. What the fuck!!! Ride your goddamn ponies into the ground. THERE IS NO FUCKING GAME 7 YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!!!
My only solace is that Pop will regret his bullshit coaching for the remainder of his life. And he deserves to.

Is there anyone in here, that DIDN'T know that MANU was going to have a shit game after his first 3 or 4 or 5 turnovers? It's only been his MO all season...1 good game, 2 bad games, etc.
Manu had his good game in game 5. He came out like shit in this game, and everyone knew how it would go.
Yet POP gave him even MORE minutes this game. IMHO, it's not even that close without Manu's turnovers. And that is totally on POP, for increasing his minutes in perhaps the worst game of MANU's career.

Manu TO's: 8 Rest of Spurs TO's: 5.

I was texting my buddy, Manu would come in and kill the lead. I was yelling at the TV for Timmy to come in and rebound, before Lebron's 3. Pop, you were a fucking moron tonight. And no ,that is not second guessing or any of that shit. Pop fucked up royally tonight. Fuckkkk.

Manu doesn't just play bad. He gives the other teams too many points with his turnovers. Then...after all the turnover shit, he STILL hasn't learned his lesson and gives Bosh and and1.

Look at the lineup that was out there, who was going to score? Certainly not weak ass splitter and certainly not Turnover happy Manu. I don't think Tim went to Pop and said, "Pop it's game 6, the trophy is waiting for us but I need to rest", You're running on adrenaline if not just hyped for the moment. Tony resting even though he didn't carry the load for the first half? That's just shitty coaching.. You have a 10 point lead and you go for the throat you don't ease off and hope to maintain a lead.. Shit, you call a time out as if that was going to help and you keep the same shitty players out there who had no momentum, no play called or anything to get them going.. nothing for Green or Neal?
Being 37 has nothing to do with being in the moment, 1 game and up by 10 and the crowd not into it..

Pop is just too damn hardheaded for his own good. AndI'm getting damn tired of his childish, bullshit interviews where he tries to be cute. Get over yourself, Pop. Tonight was his worst coaching game I can remember. Some can say Manu cost us the game tonight but, Pop should have yanked his ass when all of us saw Manu no longer had it. He gave all he had in game 5 and at his age and with all his ailments it didn't take an Einstein to see he just didn't have it tonight.
Every NBA player alive wanted us to kick Lebron's ass and instead he kicked Pop in the balls. Maybe Pop got into a bad batch of Jamaican Rum thinking it was wine. He stunk the place up tonight.

Why no TO 20 secs before the end of OT?Amateur coaching by Pop.

8 second chance points for Heat in 44 minutes of Tim on the floor.
6 second chance points in last 30 seconds of regulation with Tim spectating from the bench.

Riding Manu too long and not having Duncan out there to rebound on the Ray Allen 3 were big time fails. Keeping Duncan on the bench was perhaps the biggest fail, as Indiana made the same mistake with Hibbert in the ECF. Teams just keep letting Miami off the hook.This should ease your pain. I think the Spurs have a slight chance depending on who the refs are for Game 7. If the refs turn out to be Bill Kennedy and Scott Foster then the Spurs are pretty fuc*ed. Best-case scenario is Danny Crawford and random crew that do not include those two clowns I mentioned.

MR-Clutch
06-19-2013, 04:38 PM
i couldn't sleep last night, i was pissed this morning, but i'm over it. time to nut up and play ball.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 04:40 PM
:depressed

Budkin
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I couldn't sleep last night and I have been down in the dumps all day today. I have no confidence that we can comeback and win Game 7 after that. I seriously feel as though a close family member died. :depressed

I'm right there with you but I'm feeling better about Game 7. I think the trend continues and we win. The angrier team has played better and won after every loss.

LakerHater
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I know that fuckin feelin!!

HemisfairArena
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I slept just fine last night...I'm sure the alcohol had a little to do with it as well. But I still had to get up and go to work and pay bills and put food on the table and no basketball game is gonna change that. No reason to get depressed or be in the dumps. I feel just as bad when I dont hit the lottery. I cuss for awhile then I'm over it.

kemak
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I felt so guilty for celebrating early and then feeling the consequences 2 plays later. I feel that it's not supposed to be handed to them, they gotta earn it and I really hope they do.

Keepin' it real
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM

That's nice.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM
I feel devastated too, but I'm still clinging to a bit of hope that Game 7 might actually be won by the Spurs.......

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I felt so guilty for celebrating early and then feeling the consequences 2 plays later. I feel that it's not supposed to be handed to them, they gotta earn it and I really hope they do.Ditto.
I've already jumped off the cliff. I might find myself tomorrow trying to climb back up depending on how Game 7 goes. You'll can call me a bandwagon or cliff diver but believe me, I've witnessed everything the OP said. That is why I didn't jump the gun when the Spurs were up by 5 points with 28 seconds to go. Unfortunately my little brother barely became a Spurs fan like three years so he inevitably got his heart broken after declaring the Spurs "Champions" with 28 seconds to go. I warned him but he didn't listen. He got pissed at me because I told him that he jinx the Spurs. He said "fuck you... it's not my fault, blame this shit on Pop and Manu." I just said sure.

NASpurs
06-19-2013, 04:57 PM
That's nice.

What's the point of your comment?

Slippy
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
yah woke up in the middle of the night. First thought was damn they gave it away. Then had to remind myself there's a game 7. Series not over. Spurs are showing a lot of fight . This is probably their last chance with their core and i doubt they thinking like their fans are.

If anything, their confidence should still be high, that they have miami's measure and are lucky to be in this.

easjer
06-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Well, I decided to be hopeful. Because why not? They will win or lose either way and it will be elation or devastation either way. They lost a game they were supposed to lose. It was so close. SO close and they nearly pulled it out, but they didn't. They still have a chance to win. It's been an awesome year and an amazing series, and for as much as they shouldn't win game 7, this is the team that could. So what the hell? I'll ride the wagon off the cliff if it means I get to cheer my guys on the down.

TXstbobcat
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
I was shocked and devastated last night also. I woke up this morning not feeling much better. A co-worker of mine who isn't even a spurs fan came over to my desk today and said "game 7 will be all spurs".

Knoxxx
06-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Focus on the 4 rings we have and view this as gravy. Our team has pushed Miami to the limit without home court and against reffing bias and still has a chance to boot.

No matter what happens I still love these guys and we still have 80% of our rings and mad respect for this effort against the mighty LeBron.

dallasmaverickslose
06-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Focus on the 4 rings we have and view this as gravy. Our team has pushed Miami to the limit without home court and against reffing bias and still has a chance to boot.

No matter what happens I still love these guys and we still have 80% of our rings and mad respect for this effort against the mighty LeBron.

I will never bow down to "King James." He will always be a loser to me. Nothing will ever change that.

Guys, we've won this series. Even if we don't win game 7, we're the true champions. The Spurs play basketball the right way, and organize a team the right way. The Miami Heat can win all the titles they want, I quite frankly don't give a shit. They will never have my respect. Any neither will their pathetic fans.

JohnnySixString
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM

Yep...one that NONE of us are actually playing in,lol. I don't remember getting a championship ring in the mail the last 4 times they won. Closest I've gotten to the trophies is behind their glass display case. It sucks if they lose, but if your personal life goes to shit because an overpaid sports team didn't fulfill your basketball fantasy, you need to reevaulate your relationship with them - they don't feel as bad for US ,lol.

tony77
06-19-2013, 08:56 PM
what pisses me off is that game will be talked about for years to come on national tv during future finals. just like the NBA loves to bring up that damn Shot made by Fisher some years back

spurraider21
06-19-2013, 09:00 PM
right there with you man. if they win tomorrow it will all go away. thats what i keep telling myself

thunderup
06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I was devastated for yall. I can't imagine the feeling of being a Spurs fan. My thoughts are with yall atm.

rascal
06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Get a life. This Spurs core have won before, win or lose it is not a big deal.

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
I slept just fine last night...I'm sure the alcohol had a little to do with it as well. But I still had to get up and go to work and pay bills and put food on the table and no basketball game is gonna change that. No reason to get depressed or be in the dumps. I feel just as bad when I dont hit the lottery. I cuss for awhile then I'm over it.

This.

LarryDavid
06-19-2013, 09:33 PM

It's a basketball game that you have no control over. Believe me, I was upset after the loss. Grieved for about 2 hours, then moved on. As much as some may believe, we have no control over the outcome. The only one's who do will be on the court. Once you realize that, it's much easier to get over.

That, and the fact that win or lose this team has been awesome to watch.

50 cent
06-19-2013, 09:51 PM
I know all of that but we still invest a ton of time and emotion into this. I think maybe I've just grieved today so I can just sit back and watch what happens tomorrow.

Still, they were wheeling out the trophy. I can't get over the last 25 seconds of regulation. It's a constant replay in my mind even though I had no control over it.

RudyRay
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
I was devastated for yall. I can't imagine the feeling of being a Spurs fan. My thoughts are with yall atm.

Thanks

Libri
06-19-2013, 09:59 PM
FML!

cutewizard
06-19-2013, 10:53 PM

cheer up man, we are winning tomorrow! book it!

want a hug? ummmmmwaaahuggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

go Spurssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss go!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 10:55 PM
I was never so mad over any sports event as I was last night.. I flipped the fuck out completely my blood pressure had to be 200..

DMC
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM

Look at how the series has developed and this is from the ECF till now

Heat
Pacers
Heat
Pacers
Heat
Pacers
Heat
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Heat

What comes next?

cutewizard
06-19-2013, 11:03 PM
lets just hope that at this time tomorrow, we are celebrating

may it be...............

i have stomach butterflies right now, god

hmmmppppppp,, lol

Sean Cagney
06-19-2013, 11:16 PM
I was never so mad over any sports event as I was last night.. I flipped the fuck out completely my blood pressure had to be 200..

Believe me I was there with you, only this damn team I SWEAR! They are the gift and the curse to us fans.
lets just hope that at this time tomorrow, we are celebrating

may it be...............

i have stomach butterflies right now, god

hmmmppppppp,, lol

What a turn of events that would be from just 48 hours, from extreme low to celebrating a NBA FINALS!