PDA

View Full Version : Article: Spurs rely on togetherness to overcome collapse

BlackSilver
06-19-2013, 06:50 PM
MIAMI (AP) -- Through heartbreaking losses and hair-raising victories, through Game 7s of the NBA Finals and Game 46s of the regular season, through contract extension after contract extension, what has defined these San Antonio Spurs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas) more than anything else is the simple fact that they stick together.
Manu Ginobili (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3380), Tony Parker, Tim Duncan (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3173) and Gregg Popovich have been the heart, the soul, the backbone and the brains of this operation for more than a decade. Through an unprecedented era of change and volatility, these Spurs have stayed in San Antonio, stayed together.
Coming off the most gut-wrenching defeat they have ever suffered, that unity, that togetherness, that unparalleled bond is more important now than it ever has been.

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spurs-break-bread-try-move-215416372--nba.html

m33p0
06-19-2013, 06:52 PM
one more chance. one more great chance.

Russ
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
The only thing that can stop the Spurs tomorrow is physical exhaustion.

Not despondency. Not a chance.

As to the physical readiness of the Spurs vs. Miami?

Who knows.

DPG21920
06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
That is the one big unanswered question I have: How will Tim/TP/Pop look at Manu in the eye? How can they trust him? How is that bond not shattered and spit on at this point in time with what Manu has done to them and this series. They had the trophy and Manu ripped it from their hands.

Even if they say the right things, deep down, can they ever trust him again?

SenorSpur
06-19-2013, 07:13 PM
For starters, perhaps the Big Three and their coach, should learn to trust the other Spurs as well. We know they are the most talented and most experienced of the bunch, but when I see a fatigued TP make his usual forays into the lane and ignore shooters on the perimeter or when I see Manu force entry pass after entry pass into Duncan, when there are other guys open, that tell me something. These guys need to do what Jordan finally was forced to do - truly rely and trust the fact that their open teammates can and will makes shots. It's not always necessary to play 3-on-5 and try to do everything on your own or amongst the three of them.

Indazone
06-20-2013, 02:25 AM
For starters, perhaps the Big Three and their coach, should learn to trust the other Spurs as well. We know they are the most talented and most experienced of the bunch, but when I see a fatigued TP make his usual forays into the lane and ignore shooters on the perimeter or when I see Manu force entry pass after entry pass into Duncan, when there are other guys open, that tell me something. These guys need to do what Jordan finally was forced to do - truly rely and trust the fact that their open teammates can and will makes shots. It's not always necessary to play 3-on-5 and try to do everything on your own or amongst the three of them.

That is really the only way to win game 7. Trust in your teammates. Play smart basketball.

z0sa
06-20-2013, 02:29 AM
The Spurs are the most mentally tough team in the history of the game. There will be no letdown. I fully expect similar circumstances as Game 6, only this time the Spurs will not let victory slip through their fingertips.

NRHector
06-20-2013, 02:35 AM
The Spurs are the most mentally tough team in the history of the game. There will be no letdown. I fully expect similar circumstances as Game 6, only this time the Spurs will not let victory slip through their fingertips.

Is Pop still coaching?

z0sa
06-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Is Pop still coaching?

Pop didnt give the Heat some of the luckiest bounces in NBA history, tbh.

NRHector
06-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Pop didnt give the Heat some of the luckiest bounces in NBA history, tbh.

But he gave them hope

z0sa
06-20-2013, 03:47 AM
But he gave them hope

Hope helps but it doesnt put the ball in a shooter's hands or through the hoop.

NRHector
06-20-2013, 03:50 AM

If he had the right players on the court there was no chance in hell that the shooter would had a chance to have the ball in his hand

z0sa
06-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Bad bounces... but I am looking ahead to today's game. Game 6 is the past, it is done and cannot be undone.

polandprzem
06-20-2013, 03:58 AM
You probably remember .4, that was game 5 and we also had chance to go back to the series but game 6 was a total collapse.

Similar thing now after heartbreaking loss.

Legacy
06-20-2013, 04:12 AM
C'MON SPURSSS... YOU CAN DO THIS, DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! :bang

z0sa
06-20-2013, 04:15 AM
You probably remember .4, that was game 5 and we also had chance to go back to the series but game 6 was a total collapse.

Similar thing now after heartbreaking loss.

We blew a 2-0 lead and we were down the entire game except for a few lead changes in the 4th and Tims shot. Besides, PJ is far Spoelstra's superior... plus Parker cant be shut down simply packing the paint anymore. And what about the extra 9 yesrs and two titles of experience gained since then?

The reality is, no team has ever quite been like the Spurs in their current position. All the bets are off, predicting how the game will play out is impossible.

polandprzem
06-20-2013, 04:22 AM
We blew a 2-0 lead and we were down the entire game except for a few lead changes in the 4th and Tims shot. Besides, PJ is far Spoelstra's superior... plus Parker cant be shut down simply packing the paint anymore. And what about the extra 9 yesrs and two titles of experience gained since then?

The reality is, no team has ever quite been like the Spurs in their current position. All the bets are off, predicting how the game will play out is impossible.

U convinced me

smaka
06-20-2013, 04:23 AM

Not that, but it gives you confidence, and confidence gives you...... ah, you know what I mean.

Slippy
06-20-2013, 05:51 AM
''I think everybody wants to be ready for (Thursday),'' Parker said. ''Because if you're not ready for tomorrow, you're going to regret it for the next 10, 15 years.''

If that isn't enough motivation i don't know what is. Spurs will be ready . It's the fatigue side that im worried about.