PDA

View Full Version : Manu was robbed on the noncall on blatant Allen foul!

Knoxxx
06-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Manu drove the lane and was held/hacked for what seemed like ten feet before he finally coughed up the ball with us down one at 100-101. There was plenty of time for a quality Miami shot after the free throws. Therefore the argument refs should not decide the game is bogus, because they effectively did.

That is the one thing that really has stuck with me. I am over the missed FTs and turnovers, but why did the refs swallow their whistles on that play?!?

hater
06-19-2013, 07:25 PM
there were a lot of non calls on both sides. yeah, that call didn't decide the game

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Don't ever leave it in the hands of the judges as some boxing analysts might say.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 07:30 PM
That play will NEVER be called. Remember end of regulation after the Manu foul? Dirk hacked the shit out of Tim.

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Not only that call will NEVER be called, Manu was lucky they didn't call the travel. I blame both Pop and Manu for not taking a timeout to get a play when obviously nothing was going

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2013, 07:44 PM
That shouldn't be called. It wasn't much of a foul, especially in a potential road team game and championship-winning play to end the game. If you're a ref and get that wrong, you're crucified. You can't call it.

Knoxxx
06-19-2013, 07:50 PM
That shouldn't be called. It wasn't much of a foul, especially in a potential road team game and championship-winning play to end the game. If you're a ref and get that wrong, you're crucified. You can't call it.

An obvious foul should always be called. Replays were conclusive. A guy drives hard with two hands on the balll and gets mugged he shouldbgo to the line.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah that was a blown call, but never rely on refs to pull through. 9/10 times it won't go your way.

UZER
06-19-2013, 07:52 PM
I know this is pile on Manu day, so I'm gonna keep doing it....

It was another dumb decision by Manu to drive into three people knowing the game situation and how refs will never call a foul there, especially when you have the reputation as a flopper. That was the perfect time to kick it out to a wide open teammate.

Knoxxx
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Manu made the right decision driving on a weak defender like Allen and earned the FTs.

hommeaetage
06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
I know this is pile on Manu day, so I'm gonna keep doing it....

It was another dumb decision by Manu to drive into three people knowing the game situation and how refs will never call a foul there, especially when you have the reputation as a flopper. That was the perfect time to kick it out to a wide open teammate.

Actually he was basically in a bracket. He was driving into 3 guys and LeBron was close by in the paint. I think I remember seeing 2 Spurs open on the corner and on the wing

UZER
06-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Manu made the right decision driving on a weak defender like Allen and earned the FTs.

you're right, I'm glad he hit those free throws he earned there.