PDA

View Full Version : Let me explain why my screenname is Hemisfair Arena...

HemisfairArena
06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
The youngsters need to learn. It was one of the best arena's in all the NBA. I got to watch James Silas, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Johnny Moore....it was amazing. Let me put it this way...Pat Riley was on the David Letterman show in the 80's when he was the head coach of the Lakers and winning titles against his enemy... the Boston Celtics.

David Letterman asked Pat Riley what the most intimidating place to play is...and everyone expected him to say Boston Garden...but he said Hemisfair Arena.

We were a small market with no titles...and here we have Pat Riley...the coach of the best team of the Lakers saying he feared playing in San Antonio...not Boston...Not New York...not Chicago.... but San Antonio, Texas.

He said everytime they came to San Antonio and played in the Hemisfair arena...he said it felt like the fans were on top of you and the crowd sounded like 100,000...not 10,000. He also said he would actually feel the Hemisfair arena move off its foundations and it would scare him because the fans were so nuts and he thought the building could collapse at any moment. LMAO!!!!

DesignatedT
06-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Still 1 more game until the off-season brah.

LakerLanny
06-19-2013, 08:54 PM
The youngsters need to learn. It was one of the best arena's in all the NBA. I got to watch James Silas, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Johnny Moore....it was amazing. Let me put it this way...Pat Riley was on the David Letterman show in the 80's when he was the head coach of the Lakers and winning titles against his enemy... the Boston Celtics.

David Letterman asked Pat Riley what the most intimidating place to play is...and everyone expected him to say Boston Garden...but he said Hemisfair Arena.

We were a small market with no titles...and here we have Pat Riley...the coach of the best team of the Lakers saying he feared playing in San Antonio...not Boston...Not New York...not Chicago.... but San Antonio, Texas.

He said everytime they came to San Antonio and played in the Hemisfair arena...he said it felt like the fans were on top of you and the crowd sounded like 100,000...not 10,000. He also said he would actually feel the Hemisfair arena move off its foundations and it would scare him because the fans were so nuts and he thought the building could collapse at any moment. LMAO!!!!

That place was nuts, I am old enough to remember the Lakers road games there. So different when they moved to the Alamodome. Now, all arenas are full of pussified yuppies who barely make noise.

HemisfairArena
06-19-2013, 08:58 PM
That place was nuts, I am old enough to remember the Lakers road games there. So different when they moved to the Alamodome. Now, all arenas are full of pussified yuppies who barely make noise.

Man...I wish we still had that arena. I know things need to upgrade and innovate...but damn...I was mad as hell when we lost the Hemisfair.

Salty
06-19-2013, 09:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqLvI8PnQs

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 09:19 PM
:tu

TXstbobcat
06-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I still remember my dad taking me to my first spurs game at hemisphere arena against the bucks.

HemisfairArena
06-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I still remember my dad taking me to my first spurs game at hemisphere arena against the bucks.

Amazing memories. Sad that some younger Spurs fans never got to experience those days....but hey....we didnt win titles until after hemisfair...and young and old both get to celebrate those.

TheRemix
06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqLvI8PnQs:lol